8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 150.
#3801 6 years ago
Quoted from Chief:

I was lucky enough to play the pro for an hour last week here in London.
In addition to the upposts on the inner loop (Hoth/Deathstar shots) there is a physical ball lock/uppost on the left ramp return (kinda like on monster bash)
Great game, very fast, liked it a lot!

Does it really "lock" a couple of balls, or does it just hold one? (I never played monster bash)

#3802 6 years ago
Quoted from Chief:

In addition to the upposts on the inner loop (Hoth/Deathstar shots) there is a physical ball lock/uppost on the left ramp return (kinda like on monster bash)

Prepare for question annhilation & photos or it didn't happen! lol

#3803 6 years ago
Quoted from DatNoobAdam:

photos would be great. I know if I had a chance to play a new machine I'd take a picture of it and upload it right away

#3804 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Does it really "lock" a couple of balls, or does it just hold one? (I never played monster bash)

I think it just holds one ball, can't be certain though, only remember it happening once

Quoted from DatNoobAdam:

Haha..happy to answer any questions

Quoted from chucksmith:

photos would be great. I know if I had a chance to play a new machine I'd take a picture of it and upload it right away

I was explicitly told no pictures or videos. Didn't wana upset anyone!

#3805 6 years ago
Quoted from Chief:

were any sound?

#3806 6 years ago

Yes, and I cranked it up loud. Very good music, effects and call outs that's for sure

#3807 6 years ago
Quoted from Chief:

Yes, and I cranked it up loud. Very good music, effects and call outs that's for sure

Were the call outs just a generic voice, or did they have someone affiliated with Star Wars record them?

#3808 6 years ago

I'm just waiting to see the mini LCD showing Luke's targeting computer on a DS run. Gotta be in there right?

#3809 6 years ago
Quoted from DatNoobAdam:

Were the call outs just a generic voice, or did they have someone affiliated with Star Wars record them?

It was more like sound bites from the films, like on GB. There might have been dedicated recordings but I don't recall

Quoted from Groo:

I'm just waiting to see the mini LCD showing Luke's targeting computer on a DS run. Gotta be in there right?

Sorry I didn't notice. The mini LCD had a bunch of stuff on it though so it's possible

#3810 6 years ago

I've watched some BM66 videos...

Man, there are like ZERO interactive call outs.

I mean like damn near none lol. Reminds me of the very first WOZ video... slot machine sounds & all.

Hopefully SW ships with audio (a few posts above seem to support this)

Aerosmith shipped with decent sound right? (I've only played it on location in a noisy enviroment)

#3811 6 years ago

How did you feel about the Tie fighter being the only semblance of a bash toy? Did it feel pretty interactive with the way it responded? Did the tie fighter only respond to hits on the stand-up directly in front of it/below it, or did you notice if it activated from other shots too, or maybe the action button on the lock bar?

#3812 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I've watched some BM66 videos...
Man, there are like ZERO interactive call outs.
I mean like damn near none lol. Reminds me of the very first WOZ video... slot machine sounds & all.

I have a Batman 66, and that isn't accurate since at least the last 2 code updates.

#3813 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

I have a Batman 66, and that isn't accurate since at least the last 2 code updates.

Right arm, good to hear.

#3814 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Death Star is in the game, topper needs to be lightsabers, there are not enough lightsabers in this game and you can never have to many lightsabers
X wing vs tie fighter would also be cool especially if animated and interactive.

I already purchased a pin 2k light sabor and power supply to put over shooter lane.

#3815 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Aerosmith shipped with decent sound right? (I've only played it on location in a noisy enviroment)

Yes, as Jacky has professional voicework done, specifically for the game. Aerosmith's out-of-box sound and voice package was light years ahead of the BM66 that I played (granted it probably didn't have code updates yet, but it still was just effects and no voice feedback about gameplay/objectives).

#3816 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Right arm, good to hear.

Yeah, there have been big improvements with the last couple of updates but there's still a way to go.Hopefully SW will be fully baked at release. I can't believe we don't even have a date for a stream yet.

#3817 6 years ago

When do we get to see more pics and video??

#3818 6 years ago
Quoted from Chief:

I think it just holds one ball, can't be certain though, only remember it happening once

Haha..happy to answer any questions

I was explicitly told no pictures or videos. Didn't wana upset anyone!

I totally understand. I would have done the same. Thank you for anything you can share about the machine.

#3819 6 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

How did you feel about the Tie fighter being the only semblance of a bash toy? Did it feel pretty interactive with the way it responded? Did the tie fighter only respond to hits on the stand-up directly in front of it/below it, or did you notice if it activated from other shots too, or maybe the action button on the lock bar?

It's pretty cool, seemed to respond/shake to hits from the stand up underneath. Didn't notice any other shots or the action button interacting with it though.. I didn't miss any other bash toys tbh

#3820 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I totally understand. I would have done the same. Thank you for anything you can share about the machine.

You're welcome sir. It's a blast for sure. Definitely harder/shorter ball times than Star Trek I'd say.

#3821 6 years ago
Quoted from Chief:

You're welcome sir. It's a blast for sure. Definitely harder/shorter ball times than Star Trek I'd say.

Most important question: John Williams music score anywhere? I'm going to have real heartburn if not.

#3822 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Most important question: John Williams music score anywhere? I'm going to have real heartburn if not.

I heard the went with a John Mayer soundtrack instead. Really changes the whole vibe of the game.

#3823 6 years ago

I just played a few games of Spiderman, GOT and ST. I'm super pumped to play star wars now. I can't wait for that delicious Ritchie flow. I know this game is going to be a masterpiece. Sometimes I forget how fun Ritchie games are until I get some time on one and can't stop hitting the start button.

#3824 6 years ago

I bought some of those X-Wing game figures..
the scale of these should go well against the Falcon on the PREM & PRO.

I was in a supermarket and saw this

It looks to be the same size as the TIE fighter in the game... most likely STERN used this.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3825 6 years ago

Then I found set of 4
The x-wings open the wings, has a screw in the bottom so can easily Make a bracket for it.

Looking at the LE, I plan to put an Xiang on the post to the right of the screen.

Should be able to get som LEDs in it as well. Join it to the 3 bank targets so lights up when you "shoot" a TIE fighter on the screen

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3826 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I bought some of those X-Wing game figures..
the scale of these should go well against the Falcon on the PREM & PRO.
I was in a supermarket and saw this
It looks to be the same size as the TIE fighter in the game... most likely STERN used this.

I thnk someone here pointed out that that red marked TIE Fighter is a Force Awakens design and so not on the Stern Star Wars machine since it represents the original trilogy. Nice try though.

#3827 6 years ago

Oh and on the TIE fighters the top of the cockpit opens up... stick an LED in there, drill out the windows.. cool toy, will see if I can swap it out for the one on the game

#3828 6 years ago

Yeah but the TIE in the box of 4 is from the originals

#3829 6 years ago

If thats so important why dont you check the feature matrix wich is on sterns homepage for about 2 weeks.

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

#3830 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Yeah but the TIE in the box of 4 is from the originals

Nice try again. You said Stern used a Force Awakens TIE Fighter. It's there for anyone to read.

#3831 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If thats so important why dont you check the feature matrix wich is on sterns homepage for about 2 weeks.

It's important to everyone, but if Stern got the Star Wars license I'm going to go out on a limb and guarantee they also got the right to use Star Wars music. Disney's not going to let them make a Star Wars pin that plays Van Halen riffs when you blow up the Death Star (as awesome as that sounds).

#3832 6 years ago

It was right in the feature matrix, second line down. This was discussed many pages back...

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#3833 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It was right in the feature matrix, second line down. This was discussed many pages back...

Many, many times...

#3834 6 years ago

Yes, MANY times

Oh btw, 400 HD video clips, 9 multi balls, 4 player views and a partridge in a pear tree!

#3835 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes, MANY times
Oh btw, 400 HD video clips, 9 multi balls, 4 player views and a partridge in a pear tree!

And a Force Awakens TIE Fighter apparently.

#3836 6 years ago

I have a ton of X-Wing Miniatures from the tabletop game. They're pretty detailed for coming pre-painted. They're reasonably priced, but plastic. Here's the best source I've found for them:

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/table-top-miniatures/x-wing.html

The game is really pretty fun. You pretty much need a starter set if you're interested in giving it a go. My only complaint is the amount of setup time.

#3837 6 years ago

Does anybody want to actually play the game first, before they clutter the playfield with useless junk?

#3838 6 years ago

I'm not putting any of them on my playfield, but other people like that sort of thing. I'm just trying to give people a better avenue than hallmark

Also, there's nothing else to talk about.

#3839 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Also, there's nothing else to talk about.

That's a good point

#3840 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Then I found set of 4
The x-wings open the wings, has a screw in the bottom so can easily Make a bracket for it.
Looking at the LE, I plan to put an Xiang on the post to the right of the screen.
Should be able to get som LEDs in it as well. Join it to the 3 bank targets so lights up when you "shoot" a TIE fighter on the screen

So a bunch of bread products, some Star Wars figurines, and a left foot stencil. Interesting cart. So what happens in Sidcup...stays in Sidcup.

#3841 6 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Does anybody want to actually play the game first, before they clutter the playfield with useless junk?

I agree with what you're saying, but to each their own. I plan on adding some "useless junk" to mine to give it some world under the glass feel. I don't plan on over doing it, but a few X Wings and Tie Fighters and a Tie Bomber around the playfield will make me happy. And if it makes you, why not?

#3842 6 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Heck no!! I'm not even going to unbox my LE... I'm going to ship it right away down to Bryan_Kelly and have him put a shitload of toys all over the playfield.

#3843 6 years ago

So, whats next? Another discussion if the art is handdrawn, photoshopped?

#3844 6 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

agree with what you're saying, but to each their own. I plan on adding some "useless junk" to mine to give it some world under the glass feel. I don't plan on over doing it, but a few X Wings and Tie Fighters and a Tie Bomber around the playfield will make me happy. And if it makes you, why not?

I plan on adding some also...just a few.

SW figures 4 (resized).jpgSW figures 4 (resized).jpg

SW figures (resized).jpgSW figures (resized).jpg

SW figures 2 (resized).jpgSW figures 2 (resized).jpg

#3845 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You forgot this one:

https://www.amazon.com/40-Year-Old-Virgin-Talking/dp/B000GTFIX4

#3846 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

If pinside is a disease, then this is fully metastatic stage 4. No hope for a cure!!

#3847 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hello Randy raab

#3848 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

You forgot this one:

Quoted from Pinzap:

If pinside is a disease, then this is fully metastatic stage 4. No hope for a cure!!

Yeah, that guy is definitely a fan. I'm just crawling my way back into this thread...

Star Wars 2 (resized).jpgStar Wars 2 (resized).jpg

#3849 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My fault, I must have missed this among the 10's of thousands of Star Wars posts. Thanks for the heads up. I'll rephrase my question based on the above info:

How was the implementation of the Williams audio library in the game? Did they only use 1 or 2 scores? OOM theme music? In mode music?

Any info would be great. Music and sound is a big unknown with only photos to go off of so far.

#3850 6 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

With so many SW toys & merchandise saturating the collectors market for the last 40 years, I don't think there's any doubt that the SW pin will be the most modded game ever, and that's not necessarily a good thing either. While there will be some cool stuff for sure, there's going to be a lot of god awful toppers & crammed playfields that are going to be tough to look at.

b124502c996eb1257c49f984c79ba48a329898d2 (resized).jpgb124502c996eb1257c49f984c79ba48a329898d2 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/77?hl=nintenbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.