Topic Stats

• 7,453 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TimberOne
  • Topic is favorited by 94 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 861 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

62061B38-8060-4461-8F4D-242BD9B0E9BC (resized).jpeg
23472719_10210607567895161_7467601903757511161_n (resized).jpg
DEF89B43-B640-4E42-8635-9BD608064D63 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2974 (resized).JPG
IMG_2973 (resized).JPG
IMG_2972 (resized).JPG
samualbracket (resized).jpg
IMG_0221 (resized).JPG
F272AAB4-3533-43FB-82D6-710295326A3D (resized).jpeg
8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7453 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 150.
#3751 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

They've already quietly changed to cheaper cabinet wood. Any lower quality would be paper mache.

Don't give them any ideas. Or maybe they already using paper mache

But I don't really care. I had a set number of pins that I could fit so I held out for a pin that excites me. I'm not a crazy fan of SW. I like ST more along with other franchises. But the appeal of SW is strange.

If JJP made a toy story. That would appeal to me. And I might clear space for it

#3752 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'll admit that made me laugh, I do like the new backboxes, didn't think I would be they are great!

I don't mind the new backbox look, but I wish they had left the on/off in the same place. I hate having mixed machines with some turning on in the "normal" place and others with the power on the head.

#3753 2 years ago

Can't wait to discover ''The Imperial March'' multiball
Playing Star Wars pinball with the original John Williams orchestral music will be completely amazing !!!!

#3755 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry. I'll take rogue squad over this any day.

#3756 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I don't mind the new backbox look, but I wish they had left the on/off in the same place. I hate having mixed machines with some turning on in the "normal" place and others with the power on the head.

Check out a set or two of those Christmas light remotes. I have them on 7 games and just need to hit my two remote control pads a few times when I enter my game room to turn everything on and off. I have strip surge protectors between the games and the remotes, for whatever that's worth. It's worked well for my situation the past couple of years.

#3757 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Check out a set or two of those Christmas light remotes. I have them on 7 games and just need to hit my two remote control pads a few times when I enter my game room to turn everything on and off. I have strip surge protectors between the games and the remotes, for whatever that's worth. It's worked well for my situation the past couple of years.

I have a bunch of those but haven't used them for pinball because they're super-cheap and I wouldn't want a fire or something when I wasn't home because I was too lazy to reach to the head to turn on a pin. I guess I should see if there's a US manufacturer that makes something like that here.

#3758 2 years ago

Quesiton, is it possible to request what LE # you get from Stern, or is it just a 'lottery'?

Rob

#3759 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Quesiton, is it possible to request what LE # you get from Stern, or is it just a 'lottery'?
Rob

Usually a lottery. Get what you get. A lot of guys i know were not happy with there titled LE Batman's, there named after one of the episodes.

#3760 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

You can pay extra to get a guaranteed LE number.

#3761 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Of course you can

#3762 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Only if in stock and not taken. Ive also seen distributors get a batch and you pick from from that lot, say 5-12 to choose from. But, better be in good with them and a repeat customer.

#3763 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Of course you can

??

Plenty of people pay extra to get matching LE numbers. Might depend on your distributor, but mine tells me it's a Stern charge. Not really worth it IMO, but is any LE "worth it" these days.

#3764 2 years ago

Star Wars is a dream theme to me but I just don't like the look of it. The art is crap and the trans lights are all pretty awful.

Also it's £10k over here for the LE just a bit too much for a pin that looks pretty uninspiring.

Have to see how it plays but I'm not too enamoured with it at the moment

#3765 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Usually a lottery. Get what you get. A lot of guys i know were not happy with there titled LE Batman's, there named after one of the episodes.

Batman 66 was certainly the biggest lottery when it came to which LE your going to get, as each one was not only numbered but named and not all the gadgets/episodes have great names. I got lucky with mine

#3766 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Batman 66 was certainly the biggest lottery when it came to which LE your going to get, as each one was not only numbered but named and not all the gadgets/episodes have great names. I got lucky with mine

What episode did you get?

#3767 2 years ago

This thread is dieing...

Stern... Have mercy!

#3768 2 years ago

Bringing it back to Star Wars. How bout mod ideas and Toppers? https://www.sideshowtoy.com/brands/star-wars/

Who's gonna be the first to make the Tie Fighter move like the Vengeance does in ST...

902266-product-silo (resized).png

902266-han-solo-004 (resized).jpg

#3769 2 years ago

Heard from our local arcade that their new AC/DC pro has already shipped and Star Wars should also be here next month. This means overseas (we in Australia) games are already leaving the production line. If someone is airfreight a system overseas it could be very likely that they get the game before Stern releases a stream. Just can't see Stern wanting the first game footage to be from an owner doing their own stream. Got to think they will do a factory stream with jack or Someone this week, surely????

#3770 2 years ago

Jack said in his last stream that it could tentatively be this week but that is all he could say.

#3771 2 years ago

Yeah, talk about letting the excitement die... Almost two weeks after the botched reveal with games already on the line being built and prepared for shipment but still no game play video's. Stern is still leaving game play up to everyone's imagination and speculation. I think they need to go back to school and retake marketing 101.

#3772 2 years ago
Quoted from SimonBaird:

Heard from our local arcade that their new AC/DC pro has already shipped and Star Wars should also be here next month. This means overseas (we in Australia) games are already leaving the production line. If someone is airfreight a system overseas it could be very likely that they get the game before Stern releases a stream. Just can't see Stern wanting the first game footage to be from an owner doing their own stream. Got to think they will do a factory stream with jack or Someone this week, surely????

In the the livestream video they showed the unfinisehd playfields with the Death Star & X-Wing Missing and the Cabs going to germany (Jared explicitly filmes a SW cabinet saying "XX of 50 for KMS Import Germany").

One or two days later Steve Ritchie posted something on Facebook saying that they were ridiculously busy that day getting these machines out.

A day later I got my delivery date (16th August) wich for me indicates the machines are on their way (by sea).

Last time with GB my retailer flew one game in, but that was the LE; so I don't think there's a chance they'll do it with a Pro.

#3773 2 years ago

What episode did you get?

Double villain episode, was really happy with it

IMG_2992 (resized).JPG

Wonder if we will ever see another LE released based on episodes or some other form of theme related naming.

SW could have used characters/vehicles/weapons maybe or quotes loads of great lines from the films but not 800 so maybe that's why we just got numbers

#3774 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Bringing it back to Star Wars. How bout mod ideas and Toppers?

I just picked these up today, got a couple more coming. Not sure if all or any will be added to my game yet... depends on if they fit like they should always have been there or not. I don't want to just throw things all over if they don't fit. Either way I thought they were really cool on their own. And seeing as though I ordered the premium I had to get the star destroyer and corellian corvette!

IMG_3158 (resized).JPG

IMG_3159 (resized).JPG

IMG_3160 (resized).JPG

#3775 2 years ago

Have they said how many LE units to be produced?

#3776 2 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Yes.

#3777 2 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Confirmed on Sterns official SW feature matrix:

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/star/premium/Star%20Wars%20Feature%20Matrix.pdf

#3778 2 years ago

Any close up pics if the premium back glass yet?

#3779 2 years ago

I can't wait to play this game, but I'm also excited to see what the official Stern topper looks like. I was looking around ebay for possible items to make my own and it was mind boggling. I know zero about buying figurines and toys like these so I'm sure anything I built for myself would be tacky. I will most likely pony up the cash and buy whatever Stern produces, especially since it will be interactive. I am not a topper guy, but I figure for this game there should be one.

Quoted from jrockne:

depends on if they fit like they should always have been there or not.

With all of the items out there I'm sure there will be a few that can tastefully be installed without making the machine look like a toy box. I also feel certain that there will be some games out there sooner than later that are stuffed and covered with random Star Wars toys. I've seen a couple of Star Treks that made me laugh out loud.

#3780 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

With all of the items out there I'm sure there will be a few that can tastefully be installed without making the machine look like a toy box. I also feel certain that there will be some games out there sooner than later that are stuffed and covered with random Star Wars toys. I've seen a couple of Star Treks that made me laugh out loud.

Yes, Some things are better in moderation!

#3781 2 years ago

With all the mod talk already, how close is the Death Star in the Stern pics to the Hallmark Death Star?
When you see it with the green LEDS turned on, it looks the same, can't tell dimensions though.

If it is bigger you could have a massive led explosion on topper (and it plays music)

star-wars-death-star-musical-tree-topper-with-lights-root-9995qxi3554_1470_1 (resized).jpg

star-wars-pinball-playfield-stern-600x550 (resized).jpg

Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 9.58.28 PM (resized).png

#3782 1 year ago

Im going to need a really realistic Death Star topper, at least 15 inch wide. Lots of mini led highlights and detail. Budget, $300.

#3783 1 year ago

Has anyone spotted head-on, high-res pics of the Pro/Premium/LE translites yet? I scrolled through a few of the Star Wars threads but couldn't find any.

#3784 1 year ago

pros are being boxed and still no gameplay footage??

#3785 1 year ago

software not ready?

if the first pros are for Europe they have the next 4-5 weeks to finish the alpha to a beta fw

#3786 1 year ago

Im going to need a really realistic Death Star topper, at least 15 inch wide. Lots of mini led highlights and detail. Budget, $300.

Death Star is in the game, topper needs to be lightsabers, there are not enough lightsabers in this game and you can never have to many lightsabers

X wing vs tie fighter would also be cool especially if animated and interactive.

#3787 1 year ago

soo..... no gameplay videos?

#3788 1 year ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

pros are being boxed and still no gameplay footage??

Quoted from lordloss:

soo..... no gameplay videos?

Nope, no gameplay video... Makes me think the code isn't ready, so I wonder what will be on the games that are ready to ship now.

#3789 1 year ago
Quoted from ita47:

Nope, no gameplay video... Makes me think the code isn't ready, so I wonder what will be on the games that are ready to ship now.

Earlier code.

Stern stated that GB is shipping with code 1.0 but my overseas edition had 0.9

Day1 patch. .

#3790 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Earlier code.
Stern stated that GB is shipping with code 1.0 but my overseas edition had 0.9
Day1 patch. .

.9 is fantastic for Stern. Batman '66 shipped with .57, and it was in a similar situation of no code being videoed until right before launch to hide the abysmal state of code, so not a great sign for Star Wars completion level. Given the amount of time they've had on SW, it should be done for launch.

#3791 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I've seen a couple of Star Treks that made me laugh out loud.

Just wait until you see mine. I might just add an NCC 1701D behind a tie fighter to piss off diehard SW fans. As a fan of both, it will make me LOL.

#3792 1 year ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

Just wait until you see mine. I might just add an NCC 1701D behind a tie fighter to piss off diehard SW fans. As a fan of both, it will make me LOL.

Live long and use the force.

Rob

#3793 1 year ago

ebay.com link » Kotobukiya Star Wars Lightsaber Chop Saber Chopsticks Darth Maul Red

put a led in and place it on top of the shooter lane

#3795 1 year ago

My first impression of the playfield was that it looks boring. After taking more time to look at it closer, I am really starting to like it. I hope it plays well. Anyone know if there will be a physical ball lock?

#3796 1 year ago

You will be able to lock a ball behind the fork... on the pro there are jailbars instead.
I believe there's an uppost too in that loop that blocks other balls from entering or (on the pro) the locked ball exiting.

So depending on software, yes you might be able to lock.

#3797 1 year ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

You will be able to lock a ball behind the fork... on the pro there are jailbars instead.
I believe there's an uppost too in that loop that blocks other balls from entering or (on the pro) the locked ball exiting.
So depending on software, yes you might be able to lock.

There's not much info on the game but this has allready been explained numerous times.

The hyperloop IS the ball lock. You shoot a ball up the 'fork' into the hyperloop and it continuously spins around while you lock in more balls until you activate multiball. - It's the most glorious ball lock of all time if that really is the case (info comes from Steve Ritchies Panel the other day).

The pro has no ball lock but yes, the fork/ jailbars can hold a ball as well; for video mode.

#3798 1 year ago

How is there still no video stream announcement date yet?

#3799 1 year ago

I'll use this ginormous 61cm Death Star as a topper!

It's only 3 bucks!

4292364-02 (resized).jpg

#3800 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

The pro has no ball lock but yes, the fork/ jailbars can hold a ball as well; for video mode.

I was lucky enough to play the pro for an hour last week here in London.
In addition to the upposts on the inner loop (Hoth/Deathstar shots) there is a physical ball lock/uppost on the left ramp return (kinda like on monster bash)
Great game, very fast, liked it a lot!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 26.50
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Maryville, TN
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
7,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Oregon City, OR
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 92.00
There are 7453 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 150.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside