8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 150.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, this was an accidental early leak?

Has to be. This was the original date, then it got pushed back. All the outlets got the memo.

One forgot. Oops.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

She loves the DE SW pin, btw.

So clearly then, her professional judgement of good pinball games is terrible.

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I have a feeling the color scheme was chosen for ambient lighting depending on mode ... look at the playfield ... they have inserts for Endor, Hoth, and Tatooine ... I'll bet the GI lights change depending on mode. To pull that off, you need lighter colors to reflect the ambient light. Solid black (space) wouldn't work.

Good call! One of TWD best features is it's colour changing GI, it would be a great feature to have something similar here. Blue in Hoth, Orange/Yellows for Tatooine and Green for Endor could be very cool - please read this Dwight!

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

opinions are just that. I find Ritchie to be the king of clunk.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#205 6 years ago

No interest in this pin other than quietly watching the pinside banter.

#206 6 years ago

Horseshoe loop, rising (under LCD???) 3-target bank, artwork that we're hating on at reveal... is this SW or a Spooky reveal?

#207 6 years ago

What are the differences between pro and premium/LE?

#208 6 years ago

Looks great to me. I think I like the pro artwork best, which is good since that's the only one I have a prayer at affording! I'm not getting the GoT layout comparisons at all other than the lanes/pops and maybe right ramp entrance. Ramp exits go opposite of GoT and really nothing else reminds me of it. No Fear I can see a little more. That appears to be a turn around/mini-orbit under the left ramp similar to the one around the skull on NF. But again in a completely different place. Surprised the pro keeps the small playfield LCD...that's cool. The wireform into the exploding Death Star definitely looks cool, but the pro doesn't appear to be missing much else other than the Falcon toy, which Hallmark has covered nicely.

Can't wait to play it! I really do like the art quite a bit, but fully admit I'm one of the weirdos that also loves the pf art on GoT so my opinion doesn't count for much...LOL!

Gotta love new pin announcement day!

#209 6 years ago

Perhaps your should speak with your local distro.....

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

... and now Aliens. The guy knows flow better than anyone.

Sorry, this is just silly. ...and I own an Alien.

#211 6 years ago

First NO mini playfield, great.
No in the middle dropdown targets, great.
Art is from original series, great.
I love all the metal ramps. Love LE siderails. Love lcd on pf and target in front, maby will be hitting sertan amount of flying tiefighters.
Pro plastic rramps looks pathetic.
Premiums cabinet art and backglass looks great.
Im so happy i have a LE reserved.
I just hope they use classic music too.
This game will come with crazy amount of mod options really soone.
Of what i see..... i love it, really want to play it.

Please try the pin first, before all the hate.

#212 6 years ago

i think pro back glass is the best

#213 6 years ago

Looks like a great layout and will be a fun playing machine! I like it!

#214 6 years ago

I'm out.

old trilogy AGAIN?? With Force Awakens and Rogue One being hot in the consciousness right now we dig up a photo collage from the 70's to decorate our play field.... anyone who wants an original trilogy machine has PLENTY of options out there!!! If licensing restricted you to original 3, you should have passed Stern.

Most star wars themed tables on ZEN pinball look amazing compared to this. I know you are working with a licensed IP but so was ZEN. so why does this look so damn lazy?? Also feature wise the Pro looks empty, and cheap. we'll see how it plays, but I'm so turned off by tired theme and lack of features there's no way I'm spending 5K on a pro.

Things I wanted to see from you Stern:

A machine with lots of magnets under the playfield to feature 'force' abilities. (you may have some, hope you do)

A ceramic BB8 ball that ignores the force features, (because this should have been themed new Star Wars, not old Star Wars)

An art package that incorporated ship panels, mechanical structures, droids, etc... NOT photoshop gradients in a rainbow of colors. See the ZEN tables 'The force awakens', 'First order', and 'Han solo' for some examples of artwork that actually fits the universe, rather than just using generic color everywhere.

all that said, I really want to play it. But i can tell you now, art package alone, I'm not buying the pro even if this game plays amazing. Hate being so negative but I was really looking forward to a Star Wars pin, and you did the exact opposite of everything I wanted it to be.

#215 6 years ago

The art on the translites and cabinets as well as portions of the playfield (Vader/Obi-Wan) actually looks very nicely painted, similarly to the GoT LE backglass art. I definitely think some nice effort was put into rendering the characters, etc. It's just all about how you compose it and bring it together... I think it's just really tough to get so many iconic puzzle pieces to fit together into a cohesive package. Drew Struzan has really done it the best.

Unfortunately, the playfield does have a bit of a clip art feel to it, but perhaps the license was restrictive... Photoshopped elements CAN be arranged into a beautiful, effective, and cohesive design - it's just tricky depending on the assets.

The game looks really fun to shoot though! Looking forward to seeing better pics and video!

#216 6 years ago

Wow one thing is for sure. It has a lot of ...space.

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

But they really went to town with the colored inserts

I heard full RGB with white inserts (I assume Prem/LE only) so the inserts are likely just photoshopped colors. If you look at Star Trek and GoT that seems to be the new Ritchie thing, so makes sense.

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, this was an accidental early leak?

Assuming it's to take some of the energy from Dialed In beginning shipping.

#219 6 years ago

I think it will flow well and it will be a fun game, my question is what features will stand out and make the Premium/LE special? If it is just color changing RGB and a hyperloop-woopee. If it has a unique feature that greatly affects game play then that is a different story. I was sold on GB LE because of the unique magnetic slings and the art package. So far I am not seeing that "something special". Interested to view the features matrix.

#220 6 years ago

love it! take my money for a premium already...

#221 6 years ago

I was hoping for a Chewbacca version with a furry cabinet.

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I heard full RGB with white inserts (I assume Prem/LE only) so the inserts are likely just photoshopped colors. If you look at Star Trek and GoT that seems to be the new Ritchie thing, so makes sense.

If that's the case, the light show should be pretty sweet.

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Full RGB insert package is appreciated. These partial RGB setups suck.

#224 6 years ago

I'm guessing the skill shot will be hitting a drop target? It looks bare...but looks like a great flowing game.

#225 6 years ago

They need a SUB Playfield that magically underneath reveals this & eats the ball....

latest (resized).pnglatest (resized).png

#226 6 years ago

Just looks cheap and somewhat unimaginative.

Deposit sent on a premium.

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I asked my girlfriend for her first impression, since she's a huge Star Wars fan.
She said "The Death Star looks like a helmet" ....and then "I'm not sure what they are going for. It looks like a mess. Why not just get the OG Star Wars game?"
She loves the DE SW pin, btw.

shit (resized).JPGshit (resized).JPG

#228 6 years ago

So sad today. I was really hoping Stern would have done more for the playfield art. Such a disappointment. This photoshopped mess is terrible. Hope the gameplay is better.

#229 6 years ago

The good:

- Counter to others, I find the art package to look great
- Ritchie design, so it should be fast
- Cool looking ramp on the LE (this is kind of a bad - it should be on them all)

The Bad:

- Typical Stern ramp placement and general design
- No innovation beyond the "put in one basic toy" Stern strategy
- No sewers
- No Lyman rules - at least we'd get something like Iron Man.

To me, the bad greatly outweighs the good, especially when you see the competition producing games like Dialed-in and Houdini.

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

LMAO.....Alien as a flow layout.

well, obviously...

yes, it is.

You can hit a unique 10 way flow shot to every major shot in the game. The ball only stops 2x in the left gouch and the scoop to do this combo (follow the rainbow and then various other colors.)

The return to flipper shots, combined with intentional on the fly play style, and need to bounce pass for the next shot is astounding.

By far the best flowing game ever built IMHO.

Granted you need to actually play the game and learn the shots to get a feel for it. It is a wide body but plays like a standard with the flow of the shots.

Alien flow monster (resized).jpgAlien flow monster (resized).jpg

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

well, obviously...
yes, it is.
You can hit a unique 10 way flow shot to every major shot in the game. The ball only stops 2x in the left gouch and the scoop to do this combo (follow the rainbow and then various other colors.)
The return to flipper shots, combined with intentional on the fly play style, and need to bounce pass for the next shot is astounding.
Granted you need to actually play the game and learn the shots to get a feel for it. It is a wide body but plays like a standard with the flow of the shots.

Alternative flow.

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Most star wars themed tables on ZEN pinball look amazing compared to this. I know you are working with a licensed IP but so was ZEN. so why does this look so damn lazy?? Also feature wise the Pro looks empty, and cheap. we'll see how it plays, but I'm so turned off by tired theme and lack of features there's no way I'm spending 5K on a pro.

Some of the tables aren't bad, but they have a lot of interactive elements on them that make up each one, which couldn't possibly be integrated into a real game.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#233 6 years ago

Dialed In looking better every day. Such a PACKED playfield.

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Dave Sanders!
FullT and now Aliens. The guy knows flow better than anyone.

Haha oh wow the flow of Aliens...good lord.

Anyway...I agree with the Sega looking for sure...the inserts are the worst part for me. The Layout is interesting though...looks like a lot packed in there.
GOT is an awesome game and the looks don't mean a ton to me GOT still around GB gone quick.

#236 6 years ago

I'm a huge fan of Star Wars... HUGE!

But damn that artwork is terrible. GOT/ACDC/ST kind of terrible. I'm sure it will look better in real life but it will still disappoint.

A year ago if you'd have told me I'd buy an Aerosmith Pro over a Star Wars Premium I'd have laughed.

I still want one... just not as much as I expected

#237 6 years ago

looks awesome to me , cant wait to see and hear some game play !

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

So clearly then, her professional judgement of good pinball games is terrible.

It's a window into what a casual pinball fan but hardcore Star Wars fan might think when they see all the available SW pins.

A lot of people here have been saying this will be the best selling game ever because: Star Wars fans. Star Wars fans are gonna look at this and go "$8k? ....yeah OK bye" lol

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

i think GOT Pro proved with its simple layout and unpacked playfield that fun doesnt equal clutter on playfield.

#240 6 years ago

My favorite part of the reveal is in the video when they say, "Stern Pinball has announced..." Well, no, they didn't get any sort of announcement out. How does this keep happening?

Jody...JODY! Wake up and get a few things in order.

That said, can't wait to see the full reveal with feature matrices, pricing, and detailed images on June 6th.

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

old trilogy AGAIN?? With Force Awakens and Rogue One being hot in the consciousness right now we dig up a photo collage from the 70's to decorate our play field....

Well the 1970s is whom's buying these things

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

i think GOT Pro proved with its simple layout and unpacked playfield that fun doesnt equal clutter on playfield.

I don't know, I've never been able to get into GOT. It just doesn't feel like a "game". These Stern pins always feel like I'm crunching numbers - pile up a bunch of stuff, hope I see a big number.

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

This. If (and this is a giant IF) I had the funds to buy a NIB game, Dialed In would get the most consideration. As an owner of the Data East Star Wars machine, I was genuinely excited for news on this game. And, once again, I am disappointed.

I just don't get why SR gets so much love. But, to each his own I guess.

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I'm out.
old trilogy AGAIN?? With Force Awakens and Rogue One being hot in the consciousness right now we dig up a photo collage from the 70's to decorate our play field.... anyone who wants an original trilogy machine has PLENTY of options out there!!! If licensing restricted you to original 3, you should have passed Stern.
Things I wanted to see from you Stern:
A machine with lots of magnets under the playfield to feature 'force' abilities. (you may have some, hope you do)
A ceramic BB8 ball that ignores the force features, (because this should have been themed new Star Wars, not old Star Wars)
An art package that incorporated ship panels, mechanical structures, droids, etc... NOT photoshop gradients in a rainbow of colors. See the ZEN tables 'The force awakens', 'First order', and 'Han solo' for some examples of artwork that actually fits the universe, rather than just using generic color everywhere.
all that said, I really want to play it. But i can tell you now, art package alone, I'm not buying the pro even if this game plays amazing. Hate being so negative but I was really looking forward to a Star Wars pin, and you did the exact opposite of everything I wanted it to be.

sw (resized).JPGsw (resized).JPG

#245 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I was hoping for a Chewbacca version with a furry cabinet.

Reminds me of my ex-wife.

#246 6 years ago

Boba Fett is on the premium translite

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

LOL...take your Alien schilling elsewhere...this thread is about a game people can actually buy and have shipped to them.

#248 6 years ago

I think it looks good and I'm betting it will be a lot of fun.
Nobody seems to be talking about their new screen, like Aerosmith, it's going to have some great stuff packed into it. Nothing but a ton of negative comments and nobody has even pressed the start button. Sheesh.

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I don't know, I've never been able to get into GOT. It just doesn't feel like a "game". These Stern pins always feel like I'm crunching numbers - pile up a bunch of stuff, hope I see a big number.

It's pinball for Rainman. Bare playfield, chess/math rules. Zzzzzzzz.

#250 6 years ago

No need for 2 LCD's.

They could have put a cool toy there

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 21.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/5?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.