8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 150.
#2551 6 years ago

Hey has anyone heard if the call outs are a Star Wars character or a generic voice ? No mention of anything is a bit disconcerting.

If I was Stern I would have hired this guy (Anthony Gruber) for a Han Solo impression

#2552 6 years ago

Found the Death Star they are using for the playfield.

20170607_184408 (resized).jpg20170607_184408 (resized).jpg

#2553 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Hey has anyone heard if the call outs are a Star Wars character or a generic voice ? No mention of anything is a bit disconcerting.
If I was Stern I would have hired this guy (Anthony Gruber) for a Han Solo impression
» YouTube video

Hans & Gruber... any one else think .....

hans-gruber-fall-1080 (resized).jpghans-gruber-fall-1080 (resized).jpg

#2554 6 years ago

Any chance someone could message me the real going prices for the Premium and Pro? Tried searching here but only come up with the retail pricing.

Thanks in advance. Can't wait to order one or the other.

#2555 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

You must be in the I like my pinball companies to put out 1 machine every 2 years camp?

Nah, I'm in the pinball games should be fun camp.

This...
http://gamertheory.com/2017/06/stern-pinball-believes-differentiation-happens-code-level-not-design/

#2556 6 years ago
Quoted from Walleyefisher:

Nah, I'm in the pinball games should be fun camp.

Good luck in your hunt!

#2557 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Any chance someone could message me the real going prices for the Premium and Pro? Tried searching here but only come up with the retail pricing.
Thanks in advance. Can't wait to order one or the other.

Street prices w/ shipping are approximately:

$5400 Pro
$7300 Premium

#2558 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

» YouTube video

Looks like HF but doesn't quite sound like him. That's probably what got him cast in Adaline. Unfortunately with a pinball machine you can't see the callouts. Voices don't get old, so surprised HF isn't (or is he?) doing the callouts.

#2559 6 years ago
#2560 6 years ago
#2561 6 years ago

Is the deadflip stream supposed to be tonight? Looks like GB is playing...

#2562 6 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Is the deadflip stream supposed to be tonight? Looks like GB is playing...

deadflip will be playing Star Wars next week. Don't know what day. He won't say yet.

#2563 6 years ago

Wasn't there going to be something on Twitch tonight related to the UK show and a interview from somebody that played it? Anybody know how to search for or have a link?

#2564 6 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Street prices are approximately:
$5400 Pro
$7300 Premium

LE = $9k

Uggg.....

#2565 6 years ago

May gameroom is full of fun Stern Games.

AC/DC
Metallica
Aerosmith
Game of Thrones

These are all pretty fun games to me. Maybe you should start up a company and try to build games that are better?

#2566 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2567 6 years ago

#2569 6 years ago

#2570 6 years ago

"No Gameplay Footage of Star Wars, Sorry!"

I'm Out!

272909002 (resized).png272909002 (resized).png

#2571 6 years ago

tbanthony - thanks for the pics.

Can you confirm that there were actual clips from the movies? I saw the post that there were 400 video scenes - but I didn't know if that meant actual scenes from the movies or game specific graphics like the ones in the pics.

Could you hear any of the callouts? I would be interested to hear who was doing those...hopefully not the TWD callout guy.

#2572 6 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

$5400 Pro
$7300 Premium

Up vote for the info. Down vote for the prices. Yes, I kill the messenger! Just kidding.

#2573 6 years ago

Is anyone else concerned about the impact Disney/Lucasfilm lawyers will have on the third party modding scene? I could see legal issues arise once people start selling spaceship models and other add-ons that are not official.

#2574 6 years ago
Quoted from LewisD:

Is anyone else concerned about the impact Disney/Lucasfilm lawyers will have on the third party modding scene?

Not in the slightest.

#2575 6 years ago

I have noticed on feature matrix

Pop bumper array using 2 Pops and 1 sling
2 slings in traditional pop bumper area

Any ideas on this? I notice above the force drop down targets a switch similar to the magna slings in GBLE. Could this mean some more magna slings located throughout the machine?

#2576 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Can you confirm that there were actual clips from the movies? I saw the post that there were 400 video scenes - but I didn't know if that meant actual scenes from the movies or game specific graphics like the ones in the pics.

Batman66 has over 1800 video clips in the code however only a handful are being used (so far) with the current code. If history repeats itself it might take a few updates to see all the clips get used in actual game play on Star Wars.

#2577 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

This will end up in someone's machine

#2578 6 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

$5400 Pro
$7300 Premium

Thank you!

#2579 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

The only thing i gained from that video is that Gary gives bad interviews and called Han Solo "Hans"

Gary said in another interview that Hans is his favorite rock band ever

(JK)

#2580 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Gary said in another interview that Hans is his favorite rock band ever
(JK)

I think Gary meant this Hans:

IMG_0052 (resized).JPGIMG_0052 (resized).JPG

#2581 6 years ago
Quoted from LewisD:

Is anyone else concerned about the impact Disney/Lucasfilm lawyers will have on the third party modding scene? I could see legal issues arise once people start selling spaceship models and other add-ons that are not official.

If you're selling modified Hot Wheels or Hallmark ornaments or whatever you're utterly safe, first sale doctrine means they can't say boo.

If you're sculpting your own and selling them you're probably gonna hear from Stern telling you to stop or they'll contact Disney.

#2582 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Pinballheaven video......
» YouTube video

Cracks me up that a "fail" sound effect keeps playing in the background while he's talking.

#2583 6 years ago

The distrubutors are jacking up all the prices on the LE. They are just like car dealerships. They are price gouging. Greaty. Go with the premium on this one or wait!

#2584 6 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

The distrubutors are jacking up all the prices on the LE. They are just like car dealerships. They are price gouging. Greaty. Go with the premium on this one or wait!

What prices are you seeing?

#2585 6 years ago

$9,200 for Le and as high as 10k. The street premium price is $7300 for the same machine for the most part.

#2586 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What prices are you seeing?

My LE was $8500

#2587 6 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

$9,200 for Le and as high as 10k. The street premium price is $7300 for the same machine for the most part.

Who are you calling?

#2588 6 years ago

so, no video tonight, when will it be?

i wanna see gameplay before i order anything, why can't stern understand this. it's 2017 stern!

#2589 6 years ago

7300-7400 for a premium is still crazy considering i bought a twd prem about a year and a half ago for 6300 with shaker. And most recently gb premiums were 6600 . So big price increases across the board even from aerosmith.

#2590 6 years ago

Including shipping?

#2591 6 years ago

I always told my wife that if Stern ever released a new pin with a Star Wars theme, she better hide the pocket book because it will be the fist brand new pin in my collection.

She didn't hide the pocket book well enough.

Premium deposit made.

#2592 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Who are you calling?

There's this distributor in Nigeria...

#2593 6 years ago

#2594 6 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

Did anyone else hear that "wah wah waaaah" sound in the background. Someone's ringtone was trolling Gary. Heard it after he mentions the game is "too much to describe". Heard it after "Hans".

There is another one right at the end of the interview when the last question was asked.

Who did the artwork?

GS: Oh various various artists do stuff for us. (Wah Wah Waaaah)

The timing was impeccable.

#2595 6 years ago

Distros ASKING $9K for an LE in the USA is not a "lie"

sucks.....

#2596 6 years ago
Quoted from oktobernv:

Distros ASKING $9K for an LE in the USA is not a "lie"
sucks.....

That could only be Automated. They buy machines, jack up the price, and wait for them to sell out elsewhere so that desperate people will pay their prices. But elsewhere is exactly where people should be looking now, while they're still available.

#2597 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That could only be Automated. They buy machines, jack up the price, and wait for them to sell out elsewhere so that desperate people will pay their prices. But elsewhere is exactly where people should be looking now, while they're still available.

Did anyone pay something OTHER than $8500 with shipping for the LE?

#2598 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Oh that can't be the same toy ya see as Sterns Star Wars pinball Death Star toy features "9 green Super Laser Weapon LED's" according to the feature matrix. That's SUPER LASER WEAPON LED's! Those are no joke, sounds like its something from the defense department. Certainly they are not just standard LED's? Nah

#2599 6 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Didnt even take a month here in NZ..

"The pricing on the Limited Edition units for this pinball are unchanged at $14,990 "
Yesterday the price was $15,280 NZ

#2600 6 years ago

Don't care about pricing right now. Premium is the way to go anyway, and they'll be making these for years. They'll be easy to get once I finally get around to buying one.

What's up with that Millenium Falcon LCD mode pictured above? That another video mode, or do you have to make shots to dodge the asteroids, while you advance levels & build up your streak? Looks pretty cool, would be even better with John Williams "the asteroid field" playing in the background

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 21.50
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.