8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 150.
#2501 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

This thing better have Chewie yodeling at some point in the audio.

... and the shaker motor that doesn't come with the game better shake the machine rather crazy when he yells .

#2502 6 years ago

If you are one of those people who likes to put crap on top of your games, here is a monster TIE Fighter on sale at WM for $89 (it's $170 at Target):

17132230 (resized).jpg17132230 (resized).jpg

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-6-Black-Series-Deluxe-First-Order-TIE-Fighter-Vehicle-with-Pilot/49333568?u1=124370c24bc511e7b600ee7b3f3e8d1f0INT&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY&sourceid=17908833421586894602&affillinktype=10&veh=aff#about-item

6" scale means that the humanoid figure is 6", look at this video to see how nice this is:

#2503 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

How can you assign value to fun?
If the game was packed and had a huge BoM, but sucked and was no fun ...

This exactly...

#2504 6 years ago

I love Iron Man to death. Almost nothing on that playfield. The sound bites, background audio, speed and flow just make the game. Same potential here.

#2505 6 years ago

What if JJP would have done Star Wars??

I think they would have hit it out of the park.

#2506 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

How many times are you going to say that? Is Stern paying you a per diem on this?

I already said I get a 1099 from them per positive post!

I'm excited, this is how I pump myself up into purchase mode

Yeah baby!!!!! Boom boom

#2507 6 years ago

Plus this thread is moving so fast due to all of the excitement it bears repeating

Some launch thread comments can stay fresh for months

#2508 6 years ago

Pinballheaven video......

#2509 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I think we need to shift gears and analyze every frame of attract mode.

I can't believe Stern was too cheap to use different colors for text over the Star Wars logo ... almost makes the QR code wash out.

Moreover, will I have enough time to scan the QR code?!?!?!?!?

To hell with this ... time to cancel the LE ...

(sarcasm)

#2510 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Plus this thread is moving so fast due to all of the excitement it bears repeating
Some launch thread comments can stay fresh for months

You repeated it twice in the span of three posts on this thread... seriously. I'm glad you're excited, man... so am I! I really want to play the premium. If I could afford to buy one, I'd be in, because that AT-AT side of the artwork is freakin' amazeballs, and if the hyperspace ramp is really a loop with a linear magnetic inductor like Getaway? I *really* miss Getaway, and the whole reason I got rid of it was super shallow code...so something else with that feature is something I'm VERY interested in.

#2511 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I can't believe Stern was too cheap to use different colors for text over the Star Wars logo ... almost makes the QR code wash out.

Ideally it would be better if the text was red because it would actually be legible to read

#2512 6 years ago

(sarcasm)

Is that actually in the game or just some some attempt at secrecy? I work in gaming and new consoles will come out painted all weird black and white with geometric shapes so you can't actually tell what they look like. I assumed Stern was trying to hide something in the early versions. Like a watermark in movie screeners so they can tell where it is pirated.

#2513 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Is that actually in the game or just some some attempt at secrecy? I work in gaming and new consoles will come out painted all weird black and white with geometric shapes so you can't actually tell what they look like. I assumed Stern was trying to hide something in the early versions. Like a watermark in movie screeners so they can tell where it is pirated.

Yeah I agree with this. Same reason they don't want any video released. Something is wrong and not working right. If an unauthorized video gets out they will know which game and from where by following the mark.

Shipping in 2 weeks and not showing game play... is it just me or do those 2 things together seem a little frightening? Let's give our heads a shake people.

#2514 6 years ago

Then get the Premium. Same game as the LE and $1500 less expensive.

Yep. That's what's frustrating. I'm not looking for "elite" status owning an LE ... I want crap that makes me go "WOW!" . The LE doesn't have that (though I do love the LE translite ... not $1100 more love it, but I find that to be my favorite of the three).
Before you know it, an LE will mean "you get code updates two weeks before anyone else" (i.e. you pay them to be QA testers). This same thing happened with Star Wars Battlefront on the PS4/Xbox/PC to those that blew $60 on a "season pass" .
I hope I didn't give Gary any ideas.

#2515 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

How can you assign value to fun?
If the game was packed and had a huge BoM, but sucked and was no fun ...

Think of Hobbit. I know others like it, but can't stand that pin and it's even more...

#2516 6 years ago

(sarcasm)

Right behind you
Just cancelled mine

#2517 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Shipping in 2 weeks and not showing game play

They didn't show gameplay period before dead flip did GOT. Nothing official anyway.

#2518 6 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

What if JJP would have done Star Wars??
I think they would have hit it out of the park.

And you'd only have to wait 5 years for them to actually manufacture them!

#2519 6 years ago

People have said it before, but it's the little details, or lack thereof, that really make this disappointing. Star Wars is a visually stunning world that has thousands of assets I assume (just guessing) Stern had the ability to pull from.

Check out the Pinballheaven video around the :39 mark. There is a generic, still image of a galaxy being used as the background of numerous screens. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but that's not Star Wars. It's a bunch of stars, but not Star Wars.

I don't know if it speaks to Stern cutting costs to save a penny, since they probably could have asked Disney for anything else to use, but it comes off as lazy.

#2520 6 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

It's a bunch of stars, but not Star Wars.

Well, first, it's the attract screen ... and I doubt that's all there is to it.

Second, remember the galaxy at the end of Empire Strikes Back where Leia and Luke watched Lando and Chewie take off for Tatooine?

#2521 6 years ago

Well, first, it's the attract screen ... and I doubt that's all there is to it.
Second, remember the galaxy at the end of Empire Strikes Back where Leia and Luke watched Lando and Chewie take off for Tatooine?

You're right, there was a similar looking galaxy in that shot, I forgot about that. But they should have used that!!! Not steal an image from NASA by googling "GALAXY"

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/galex/pia15416.html

#2522 6 years ago

» YouTube video

The only thing i gained from that video is that Gary gives bad interviews and called Han Solo "Hans"

#2523 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

The only thing i gained from that video is that Gary gives bad interviews and called Han Solo "Hans"

Really? I found out that during your turn you can earn abilities for your character and use them to help you in your journey. That's awesome.

#2524 6 years ago

Hans Olo is my favorite character.

#2525 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

That can't possible screw this up right? I want to see the target computer on the little screen and have that calm moment of use the force Luke.
I want quality HD realistic video and sound but I won't hold my breath on that one.

Don't count on it. There was an obvious lost opportunity with Star Trek as well that was just as natural a fit.

#2526 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

A friend of mine thought Obi-Wan was spelled Obi Juan. That still cracks me up.

#2527 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Really? I found out that during your turn you can earn abilities for your character and use them to help you in your journey. That's awesome.

Sure, but this reveal has been so horribly orchestrated...

He mumbled and bumbled around and did not have a concise statement about the game,

but he told us it had the Williams music so "its worth the price of admission right there"

#2528 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

He's Han So Old now. In Gary's defense it was a way too noisy room for an interview.

#2529 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Yeah I agree with this. Same reason they don't want any video released. Something is wrong and not working right. If an unauthorized video gets out they will know which game and from where by following the mark.
Shipping in 2 weeks and not showing game play... is it just me or do those 2 things together seem a little frightening? Let's give our heads a shake people.

I am confused as to why you keep saying stuff like this and how something must be wrong and how you sold your GBLE for a big loss just to have it gone but in the other thread said you have an LE on order? If you are so unhappy with this machine already and stern in general right now why are you continuing to give them 8k+ for this game?

#2530 6 years ago

» YouTube video

Did anyone else hear that "wah wah waaaah" sound in the background. Someone's ringtone was trolling Gary. Heard it after he mentions the game is "too much to describe". Heard it after "Hans".

#2531 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Also Disney bought stars wars from Lucas for 4 million. What a bargain

#2532 6 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

Did anyone else hear that "wah wah waaaah" sound in the background. Someone's ringtone was trolling Gary. Heard it after he mentions the game is "too much to describe". Heard it after "Hans".

It was almost like a background heckle

#2533 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

They don't ship domestic. They ship overseas so that the machines hit at the same time as the domestic machines. That would be in about 6 - 10 Weeks. And till then there'll be a Dead Flip Video and everything else you want.

#2534 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I love Iron Man to death. Almost nothing on that playfield. The sound bites, background audio, speed and flow just make the game. Same potential here.

Truer words were never spoken. Huge IM fan here.

Can't wait to see actual premium gameplay with the hyperdrive ripping, balls diverting & six balls in play, while you're mashing the apron button during video mode. Throw in some nice lighting effects, sound effects, music, video clips.....could be some pretty damn intense fun!

"But the playfield is barren without any toys" (shrugs)

It's all about presentation, gameplay & code folks. Looks like a lot of fun to me.

#2535 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you are one of those people who likes to put crap on top of your games, here is a monster TIE Fighter on sale at WM for $89 (it's $170 at Target):

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-6-Black-Series-Deluxe-First-Order-TIE-Fighter-Vehicle-with-Pilot/49333568?u1=124370c24bc511e7b600ee7b3f3e8d1f0INT&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY&sourceid=17908833421586894602&affillinktype=10&veh=aff#about-item
6" scale means that the humanoid figure is 6", look at this video to see how nice this is:
» YouTube video

Wrong movie!

#2536 6 years ago

Who cares?

zzz (resized).jpgzzz (resized).jpg

#2537 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I am confused as to why you keep saying stuff like this and how something must be wrong and how you sold your GBLE for a big loss just to have it gone but in the other thread said you have an LE on order? If you are so unhappy with this machine already and stern in general right now why are you continuing to give them 8k+ for this game?

Also don't know of many GB LE games that are selling for a "huge loss" Unless you bought it from Kaneda for $10,000.

#2538 6 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Also Disney bought stars wars from Lucas for 4 million. What a bargain

I assume you are either trying to be funny or may wanna look up the sale price again.

My bad I just saw that video. Must have been happy hour in the U.K. Lol

#2539 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I assume you are either trying to be funny or may wanna look up the sale price again.

He is making fun of Gary full of vodka...

#2540 6 years ago

Might be a trademarked photo not sure but a German photographer took this picture of a tree lined habitrail.

tree habitrail (resized).jpgtree habitrail (resized).jpg

Has kind of a Star Wars theme to it.

#2541 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

He is making fun of Gary full of vodka...

Ya I just saw the YouTube video. Let's all just be glad he isn't building the machines.

#2542 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

My bad I just saw that video. Must have been happy hour in the U.K. Lol

No I wasn't joking. The I had to listen to it a few times as I thought he was revealing his ip cost he paid Disney.

#2543 6 years ago

Thought the pro translite looks great

#2544 6 years ago

Another unimaginative excrement from our friends at Stern. Can't wait to see how they ruin Elvira III

#2545 6 years ago
Quoted from Walleyefisher:

Another unimaginative excrement from our friends at Stern. Can't wait to see how they ruin Elvira III

Go blow a bantha.

#2546 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Go blow a bantha.

Come on now, we've all bullseyed a womprat once.....

#2547 6 years ago

Any ideas about playfield protection under the ball return to the Star Wars Premium/LE lanes? Do rollover cliffys fit sterns? Maybe mylar the pf there as well?

#2548 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you are one of those people who likes to put crap on top of your games, here is a monster TIE Fighter on sale at WM for $89 (it's $170 at Target)

Imagine if it was the Millenium Falcon.

#2549 6 years ago

Wasn't there supposed to be a stream - at least with an interview, sinde there was no video allowed - about now?

Edit: Typed it and it started. (Well at least the waiting screen.)

#2550 6 years ago
Quoted from Walleyefisher:

You must be in the I like my pinball companies to put out 1 machine every 2 years camp?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.95
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/51?hl=walleyefisher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.