8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 150.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

i think the pics are spoiling how it looks - i think it's better than those pics show.

So a pic now removes 10 pounds?

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Dave Sanders!

lol GTFO. Dave is a great guy, and I think has a bright future in pinball if he's allowed to just release games. Taking Ritchie's King of Flow Crown? Maybe in a couple decades or something we can talk about it, but not right now.

He's released one and a half games, the first of which no one bought, and the second one is half because it's only half out, and he only half designed it. Little early to say he's taken shit from anyone.

#153 6 years ago

That wireform from the Death Star DOES look cool.

I imagine the game is going to play fine, but the art package is just so incredibly amateur looking.

#154 6 years ago

Need high res playfield pics.

First impressions:

Art looks to be a throw back to old pshop playfields. Probably isnt, but it definitely has that vibe.

Shots look cool, playfield looks wide open though. Would have liked a third flipped...unless Im missing it.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Oh Christ, you had to feed him didn't you? He's on a crusade to sell Full Throttle as the greatest flowing game Ever!

facepalm

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just see where it goes from here, these days you're an idiot to get Stern games early, so no rush. If I play one and it's rad then great.

Ahem. Shouldn't that be 'any manufacturers games early' ?

#157 6 years ago

........and its already Modded!

Can you find all the toys glued to the Playfield!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#158 6 years ago

Here...

sw (resized).jpgsw (resized).jpg

#159 6 years ago

I think the value of Star Wars Trilogy just went up..

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Ahem. Shouldn't that be 'any manufacturers games early' ?

Yeah, probably. But Stern gets the boring launch code and cross your fingers for updates crown, most everyone else has other issues. There's really no reason to buy a Stern early unless you're an op or you just have to have the LE and don't care how it actually plays.

#161 6 years ago

Wow rinse and repeat with reveal photos. It seems like the same old with people being underwhelmed with what they imagined it would be like. I have to admit I was hoping for a dark side and light side version and having light sabers on side rails. It looks cool but I am not sure about the LE on this one. I hyped myself up to purchase ST LE and tried to justify the differences but at the end of the day the Pro was just as good. I have a feeling that it will be similar circumstances for Star Wars. I have a LE on order but I am now open to seeing the differences in gameplay between the versions. I am not blown away-so Pro may be the way to go on this one? Time will tell but I am not getting caught up in the hype.

#162 6 years ago

I've been waiting for this reveal for awhile, but I almost feel the same way that I felt after seeing the Game of Thrones reveal. It just feels a bit lackluster and underwhelming. At the time, I couldn't help but compare GoT to Hobbit, and I can't help but compare this to Alien, or even Dialed In terms of bang for your buck. Looking at the shots--I think this will flow really well, and I can't wait to flip it (just in the same way that I really enjoyed the way that GoT Pro played after feeling disappointed). This isn't feeling like the "must buy" that I thought it would. Hopefully the gameplay, code, and video integration will change my mind.

#163 6 years ago

I hate to say it, but... did they just take GoT playfield and add Star Wars art?

Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 4.15.52 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-05-31 at 4.15.52 PM (resized).png

#164 6 years ago

Man those ramps on the pro look bad, I think they were cloudy in GB reveal as well, LE looks cool.

I actually like both translites

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

So a pic now removes 10 pounds?

its hard to make out the features and how the look - pinball is polish

#166 6 years ago

The more I look at the pf, the cooler it looks. I think this will shoot awesomely!! It will come down to code...sad it isn't Lyman on this.

#167 6 years ago

I think I'm going to Dunnnn Dunnn Dunnn Dunn wait for JAWS Wide Body.

jaws_of_hoth____jaws___star_wars___by_rabittooth-d5w3frf (resized).jpgjaws_of_hoth____jaws___star_wars___by_rabittooth-d5w3frf (resized).jpg

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

What the hell are you talking about you loon? I have played it dozens of times. I had Andrew hard selling me at expo while explaining rules when it first came out. I don't think I have ever said anything about ft on pinside. You just flat out make things up. How many times do you have to be wrong on stuff?

that went way over your head. Your assinign remark deserved and equally assinign remark.

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

I hate to say it, but... did they just take GoT playfield and add Star Wars art?

uhhhh yea....not seeing it bro. nice try though.

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Man those ramps on the pro look bad, I think they were cloudy in GB reveal as well

Because they're not production ramps. They're likely mold testers that aren't polished.

#171 6 years ago

Such wasted potential.

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The more I look at the pf, the cooler it looks. I think this will shoot awesomely!! It will come down to code...sad it isn't Lyman on this.

THIS X10000

someone gets it. Look at the playfield, design, insert matrix. Some cool stuff happening on this pin. Just cause it doesnt have Zombie Yeti or DD to mask poor design flow, doesnt mean its a bad pin. Game looks fun.

#173 6 years ago

Its almost as bad as the alien clip art just thrown onto the playfield.

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that went way over your head. Your assinign remark deserved and equally assinign remark.

Yeah sure, that's what you were going for. How about you got something wrong...Again.

Oh, and it's asinine. You're wrong even when trying to insult me.

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Dave Sanders!
FullT and now Aliens. The guy knows flow better than anyone.

LMAO.....Alien as a flow layout.

#176 6 years ago

The wireform in front of the slings looks distracting. The Flinstones and RCT location doesn't do that, but get's the ball moving. Either way, I look forward to DeadFlip streaming it. Hopefully there are a few one player games so we can see that side of gameplay.

#177 6 years ago

Let's shut down this nonsense talk that either Heighway game flows anywhere near as well as a middle-of-the-road Ritchie game. I've played both of their games enough to know that's a silly claim.

#178 6 years ago

Asked for hi-res pics. They will be released 6/6. The Pro sideart reminds me a bit of the Firepower backglass (or am I confusing it with Global Warfare?).

#179 6 years ago

How could anybody expect GB or AS type art?

It exceeds my expectations art wise because I was expecting crap

Looks like it has great potential.

Oh by the way, the LCD will kick ass on SW!

#180 6 years ago

Real backglass on the LE?

#181 6 years ago

Good Lord, it's Game of Thrones all over again, what an awful looking game.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Asked for hi-res pics. They will be released 6/6.

lol, so they're just going to let everyone look at assy pics for a week, forming opinions and settling into them before letting anyone see it decently? Okay.

#183 6 years ago

Play can and probably will be great, but let's call a spade a spade, the art sucks.

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Asked for hi-res pics. They will be released 6/6. The Pro sideart reminds me a bit of the Firepower backglass (or am I confusing it with Global Warfare?).

So, this was an accidental early leak?

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It exceeds my expectations art wise because I was expecting crap

It is crap. It looks like lunchbox art at best. But...it looks like a great layout and will probably shoot like a dream. Just like GoT, the art sort of fades away as you focus on your shots. The sounds, I expect, will be excellent and a lot of fun.

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Thats a long week in pinball to wait and read 5000 pinside posts about low res pics.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

The art makes it look like a Sega pin

indeed , could be better...

#188 6 years ago

BLUF: The reveal makes me feel a bit underwhelmed.

The playfield artwork package echoes of Sega X Files, and not because of the undetermined inserts or even the toys.
The cabinet artwork package for the original series look does remind me of the classic film.
The Death Star on the playfield in the future might become known simply as the "cracked egg", which would be quite humorous.
I have no doubt that the "Millennium Falcon" Limited Edition will sell out immediately.
I must be spoiled on the robust commercial design of games of the past which I have a hard time seeing here while scrutinizing.
Old build quality production standards have dropped substantially, if an enthusiasts do a direct comparison.
Current JJP DI is far superior as a revealed game in build quality.
I just do not see improvements when I conduct comparison to the over 600 games I have owned from nearly every manufacturer in pinball history.
It seems we are still going backwards.
The game reminds me of cross between Stern Nascar, Ghostbusters, RCT, and a couple of their other earlier titles from the 2000s.
No doubt the sound, music, and video package will be very good.
Playfield shots look solid, but I no ability to evaluate vertical angles.

Anyways, onwards and upwards, Stern.
I have 1001 Yoda speaking jokes in my mind right now, but I will reserve final judgement until I play the released game.
I will give the game a chance.
Best of fortune, it would be appreciate to see the game ship with complete polished code with severe creativity to make up for other parts of the above average design.
Artwork alone does not make a game.
Code alone does not make a game.
Playfield design is critical.

First impressions are very important, although some will not admit this fact.
I just don't feel the itch right now or the need to scratch which is not a good sign.

Pinball Jedi Kenobi is saying to me, "This is not the Star Wars pinball machine you are looking for..."

mindtrick (resized).jpgmindtrick (resized).jpg

#189 6 years ago

Dear MezelMods,

Please, for the love of The Force, make us a mod featuring this fine gentleman.

Sincerely,

The Pinsides.

eeb19d4e2a51fdc41370fb0e3f61669a (resized).jpgeeb19d4e2a51fdc41370fb0e3f61669a (resized).jpg

#190 6 years ago

I need to start figuring out how to fit this in the household budget...

#191 6 years ago

Man....you guys make me kind of glad nobody looks at my Voltron thread...I'm not sure I want the art critiques.

#192 6 years ago

Not bad. Definitely NOT epic. Playfield looks as bare as BM66. If Stern irons out their QC issues they'll sell a ton.

#193 6 years ago

What difference does it make, Stern doesn't have to market this machine or have a good art design, they could put a giant dick on the playfield, as long as it says Star Wars they are going to sell a ton of these.

Quoted from unigroove:

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Little early to say he's taken shit from anyone.

opinions are just that. I find Ritchie to be the king of clunk. Of all the games he has made, no fear is my favorite. The rest are all retreads where he uses the same tricks as previous games and comes up with poor design aspects which regularly get modded to make games more playable. Blocking outlanes is one of my biggest pet peaves of his designs. He takes what could otherwise be a solid game and then tosses in some crap to ruin it most times.

Heck, ACDC is his most loved game of recent history and as designed it has a crappy cannon and lower pf which both are the opposite of flow.

Back on topic...

This Star Wars looks to be on of Steve R's best games IMHO.

Looks like lots of flow with not much stop and go.

#195 6 years ago

I wonder if the LE has the hyperspace effect animated somehow .... that particular scene was seared in my head as a kid when I saw ESB with my dad way back in 1980. I'm completely liking what I am seeing though I know I'm in the minority.

#196 6 years ago

Hard to judge the quality of the playfield art until higher res overhead shots are released. But they really went to town with the colored inserts and hyperspace blue. A little splash of starry black might not have hurt in a space-themed pin.

Having seen the GB art I was hoping they'd pull off another licensing miracle and get permission to do something similarly cool with the Star Wars license, but not to be. Now looking forward to seeing how it plays, and what use they make of the video screen.

#197 6 years ago

Ya dead horse and all, I also feel like this is another GOT. So much potential on the art side, and just come away flat.

#198 6 years ago

I asked my girlfriend for her first impression, since she's a huge Star Wars fan.

She said "The Death Star looks like a helmet" ....and then "I'm not sure what they are going for. It looks like a mess. Why not just get the OG Star Wars game?"

She loves the DE SW pin, btw.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

DI is a huge flop.

willy-wonka-you-really-are-a-knob-head (resized).jpgwilly-wonka-you-really-are-a-knob-head (resized).jpg

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Playfield looks as bare as BM66.

The problem is that BM66 is actually a pretty good game. It plays great, the rules are easy to understand. It's main problem is that it still has unfinished code and modes that do um...nothing? TV villian modes don't do jack. The game is fast though...way faster than BM66, which is a vast improvement. If they just FINISH THE CODE, and if the game had been released at normal price points, it wouldn't be nearly as maligned. I'm thankful I have one to play on location.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.95
8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/4?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.