Topic Stats

• 7,454 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 91 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 861 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

62061B38-8060-4461-8F4D-242BD9B0E9BC (resized).jpeg
23472719_10210607567895161_7467601903757511161_n (resized).jpg
DEF89B43-B640-4E42-8635-9BD608064D63 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2974 (resized).JPG
IMG_2973 (resized).JPG
IMG_2972 (resized).JPG
samualbracket (resized).jpg
IMG_0221 (resized).JPG
F272AAB4-3533-43FB-82D6-710295326A3D (resized).jpeg
8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7454 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 150.
#2351 2 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

If I were to buy one of these I'd be at a crossroads. I don't really like the premiums cabinet art especially the right side just feels unfinished and layout is meh but love the backbox and translite. I love the LE cabinet but dont really like the backbox art and don't mind the translite. in other words, I wish the game looked like this.
Premium backbox with an LE cabinet

Hell,
Premium backbox, LE cabinet with Pro translite might even be better

You know if you buy one of each model, then you can mix and match to your hearts content! Then sell off what you don't want...

Rob

#2352 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anybody else out there liking the pro? Wonder which one Levi will be playing tonight?

It was a pro. Super fast and smooth amazing flow. You are gonna be happy derek it's kickass. Sorry out doing tourist stuff so I can't really talk it up now but I'll be calling into timballs twitch tonight around 8 pm eastern to talk about it. He'll have some pics too that I took. There won't be any video sadly the big man said no.

#2353 2 years ago

Laugh out loud at stern not allowing any gameplay footage to be filmed by Tim and Levi. Keep that PR train running at full steam at the wall

#2354 2 years ago

Normally it's "some" pros for locations, but then LE production is first. Then Pros. Then Premiums. Then whatever they want.

#2355 2 years ago

wow, the pro really has nothing for toys. at least you can make the dragons wings flap on GOT pro. the cost of the premium is overwhelming, but the pro really has nothing but 2 ramps.

#2356 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

wow, the pro really has nothing for toys. at least you can make the dragons wings flap on GOT pro. the cost of the premium is overwhelming, but the pro really has nothing but 2 ramps.

i'd consider the screen on the play field a toy. It does a lot more than flap wings.

#2357 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

Quoted from piggidyphish:

i'd consider the screen on the play field a toy. It does a lot more than flap wings.

Don't forget the tie fighter that wiggles. I ordered a Pro and was told late June, early July delivery.

#2358 2 years ago

I was expecting much more inventiveness with this title. The pro is so stripped and increased pricing makes this a no buy for me. The premium looks the best and I hope to play on location. Thanks Stern for saving me some money!

#2359 2 years ago

Thanks for the pics and notes.

#2360 2 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Don't forget the tie fighter that wiggles. I ordered a Pro and was told late June, early July delivery.

I like things that wiggle and jiggle as much as the next guy, but that tie fighter toy is a little weak. (imho)

#2361 2 years ago

The only SW machine I'm interested in is the Premium but at $7400 it is much easier to shell out another $600 for DI. It was a no brainer for me.

#2362 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Real gameplay video?? I mean like when someone actually plays and reviews the game from the frost plunge to the end of the 3rd ball... I am doubting it but would be great if we do.

I stand by my comments and hate to be right but no gameplay video... likely not a good sign.

#2363 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It was a pro. Super fast and smooth amazing flow. You are gonna be happy derek it's kickass. Sorry out doing tourist stuff so I can't really talk it up now but I'll be calling into timballs twitch tonight around 8 pm eastern to talk about it. He'll have some pics too that I took. There won't be any video sadly the big man said no.

They really just need to hire you to take their official photos. This looks much more attractive than what they put out. I'd say reaction would be much different if this was the first photo people saw of the machine.

40971275bd2fad2f1667ccd7106a2b87ef1b3cdc (resized).jpg

#2364 2 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

The only SW machine I'm interested in is the Premium but at $7400 it is much easier to shell out another $600 for DI. It was a no brainer for me.

IMG_2293 (resized).JPG

#2365 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Looks like an AC/DC remake next to that SW pro as well

#2366 2 years ago

Add in shipping for DI standard and the price difference is $1000 to $1100.

Are people being quoted $7300 or $7400 shipped for SW premium?

#2367 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Ah with shipping you are probably right. It is a short enough drive for me to pick it up so I was able to save there.

I'm like most other people here who are big Star Wars nerds but when you compare the products side by side around this price range, you would be hard pressed to say they are comparable - in my opinion of course. I really like the theme of DI and I know that not everyone shares that sentiment.

#2368 2 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Laugh out loud at stern not allowing any gameplay footage to be filmed by Tim and Levi. Keep that PR train running at full steam at the wall

Code is probably at embryonic stage which video would easily reveal.

Sounds like B66 marketing strategy.

Get those global/domestic distro orders locked down before the word spreads about code development.

Our distributor for Australia has put down for an LE allocation of 80 units (more than the previous top order down under ACDC LE at 76) and is now doing the ringaround to find committed buyers for all of them.

#2369 2 years ago

Ah with shipping you are probably right. It is a short enough drive for me to pick it up so I was able to save there.
I'm like most other people here who are big Star Wars nerds but when you compare the products side by side around this price range, you would be hard pressed to say they are comparable - in my opinion of course. I really like the theme of DI and I know that not everyone shares that sentiment.

Wouldn't picking it up add sales tax?

#2370 2 years ago

No gameplay footage can only cause one matter, the software isn´t ready for the demanding pinside crowd.

#2371 2 years ago

Sorry if this was answered already, but are there real actor callouts in the game?

#2372 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sorry if this was answered already, but are there real actor callouts in the game?

I'm not sure if its answered, but I'm reasonably confident that there isn't any or I would have thought that would have been noted in the features. Doesn't matter too much since we will be adding them anyway.

#2373 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I heard they got the guy who played Jar Jar real cheap.

#2374 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My buddy who ordered an LE was told no.

#2375 2 years ago

Big buck hunter hillbilly as Han solo

#2376 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm not sure if its answered, but I'm reasonably confident that there isn't any or I would have thought that would have been noted in the features. Doesn't matter too much since we will be adding them anyway.

Doesn't mean there wont be in the future. I personally doubt there will be, but I said it earlier in the thread, Karl Urban's Star Trek callouts weren't a matrix feature, just something that happened later on.

My guess is just quotes from the movie as callouts. I could see something like Han's quote from A New Hope "Great shot kid, but don't get cocky" after you completing the final shot for a mode or something. There are enough quotes to work with I don't think they need new callouts by the actors, unless its for Super Jackpots or something like that.

#2377 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Wouldn't picking it up add sales tax?

If outside your residing state no, otherwise yes.

#2378 2 years ago

IMG_8735 (resized).PNG

IMG_8731 (resized).PNG

IMG_8733 (resized).PNG

IMG_8732 (resized).PNG

#2379 2 years ago

Anyone care to share their LE order price?

#2380 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

see ya on the wheres the code thread!

Dwight doesn't have those threads....

#2381 2 years ago

These prices are getting crazy and just because of the theme of this title they raised it again, ridiculous.

The LE model should always include a shaker and now the highly advertised Stern glare guard glass should be included also for that kind of money.

The apron should've included a red and green LED light saber show during a dual simmilar to what Star Trek got.

Star Trek LE is a true Ritchie limited tricked out version of a game.

#2382 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Doesn't mean there wont be in the future. I personally doubt there will be, but I said it earlier in the thread, Karl Urban's Star Trek callouts weren't a matrix feature, just something that happened later on.

That would be nice to have some custom callouts from the real actors. Anthony Daniels would be the logical pic if there could be just one. Maybe Admiral Ackbar (whoever did his voice) would be a good choice?

#2383 2 years ago

Besides the cheap looking toys and boring looking playfield LCD, my biggest disappointment is that the SW pinball doesn't have color changing leds everywhere! Only a few inserts are color changing. Is that correct? Why? Star Trek, WOZ, Hobbit and DI all show what a great lightshow you can get with that. Instead Stern is cutting costs/quality and raising prices. I'm out!

#2384 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I believe $7395 is the new Stern price "floor" or minimum. They distros benefit because they would have higher margins also...

#2385 2 years ago

There are call outs but I have no idea who it is.

The screen plays video with sounds from the film.
The end screen is yoda.. do or do not, there is no try!

It's pretty cool! Lots to do and FAST, classic SR. loop under Death Star is brutal, SDTM sometimes as well as off the 3 Bank under the screen

#2386 2 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

Besides the cheap looking toys and boring looking playfield LCD, my biggest disappointment is that the SW pinball doesn't have color changing leds everywhere! Only a few inserts are color changing. Is that correct? Why? Star Trek, WOZ, Hobbit and DI all show what a great lightshow you can get with that. Instead Stern is cutting costs/quality and raising prices. I'm out!

GOT Premium / LE was the last game to have 100% RGB color changing inserts. Star Wars has more than Batman!

#2387 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

There are call outs but I have no idea who it is.

What kind of "character" are they portraying?

#2388 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I stand by my comments and hate to be right but no gameplay video... likely not a good sign.

Gameplay video @ 7:30 EST today from London.

#2389 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

It's pretty cool! Lots to do and FAST, classic SR. loop under Death Star is brutal, SDTM sometimes as well as off the 3 Bank under the screen

Can you speak for the light show? Did it set the mood during the different modes well?

#2390 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Gameplay video @ 7:30 EST today from London.

That was canceled by Gary Stern unless they are doing their own official stream.

#2391 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Looks like an AC/DC remake next to that SW pro as well

Put up 120 on ball 1 and went back to Star Wars

IMG_5827 (resized).JPG

IMG_5826 (resized).JPG

#2392 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

That was canceled by Gary Stern unless they are doing their own official stream.

Oh wow... Missed that. Levi can still broadcast live footage to Twitch on his phone hopefully?

#2393 2 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

These prices are getting crazy and just because of the theme of this title they raised it again, ridiculous.

Looks like Gary has a nice new suit and one big smile on his tan face.

#2394 2 years ago

Levi when You played star wars did it feel to similar to ac dc or did it play different.

#2395 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Oh wow... Missed that. Levi can still broadcast live footage to Twitch on his phone hopefully?

No, no video for now. He allowed pics, but no video.

#2396 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

it was never going to be live, it was going to be recorded, then sent to timballs who put it up on twitch. the event is over. Levi is doing a live thing with timballs where he has more photos and info, but there wont be any video. Gary wouldn't allow any video at all.

#2397 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

it was never going to be live, it was going to be recorded, then sent to timballs who put it up on twitch. the event is over. Levi is doing a live thing with timballs where he has more photos and info, but there wont be any video. Gary wouldn't allow any video at all.

That sucks! Any USA based shows coming up that it will be at? Assuming it is too late for Southern Fried in Atlanta this weekend?

#2398 2 years ago

Honestly, I like how the Death Star looks on the Pro compared to the premium/LE. I really don’t like seeing a massive gap and crack going down the middle of it. With some third party mods and additional spaceship models, the Pro is going to pretty sweet.

#2399 2 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Fair enough. I don't want to come off as a jerk, I'm just passionate about art. I wish the 'good ol days' of pinball art were being embraced more like Ghostbusters. Say what you like about frustrating gameplay, that machine is gorgeous!

I think the real issue isn't whether this art is or is not drawn by hand (let's say it is) but what drawing by hand allows vs. what is actually used for in this game.

Tracing and inking stock photos to create a near-simulacrum technically qualifies as hand-drawn but it communicates very little creativity, inspiration, or vision. You have all these iconic characters, worlds, and moments as source material but do next to nothing inventive, exciting, or basically artistic with them. The possibilities are endless but not even explored.

The reason is obvious, of course: it's so much easier, safer, and therefore cheaper. It will be comparatively trivial to get Disney to sign off on an almost identical reproduction of the assets they gave you compared to some novel take on a fiercely-protected and valuable property. It takes a small fraction of the time for an artist to create - and Stern to co-sign - compared to something like what yeti does. It's far safer because you're trying to sell to super fans who you know love the movie and so are fond of the iconography. And it allows your expensive machine's feature list to what has become an important selling point to a sector of the hobby.

#2400 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That sucks! Any USA based shows coming up that it will be at? Assuming it is too late for Southern Fried in Atlanta this weekend?

My guess would be ReplayFX for the first showing, but I'd need to look at the schedule. There could be a sooner date, but I don't think any of the events this upcoming weekend will have Star Wars.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 4,199.00
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kennesaw , GA
$ 76.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sycamore, IL
$ 399.95
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 218.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 12.99
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Metalhead Pinball
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7454 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 150.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside