Topic Stats

• 7,453 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TimberOne
  • Topic is favorited by 94 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 861 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

62061B38-8060-4461-8F4D-242BD9B0E9BC (resized).jpeg
23472719_10210607567895161_7467601903757511161_n (resized).jpg
DEF89B43-B640-4E42-8635-9BD608064D63 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2974 (resized).JPG
IMG_2973 (resized).JPG
IMG_2972 (resized).JPG
samualbracket (resized).jpg
IMG_0221 (resized).JPG
F272AAB4-3533-43FB-82D6-710295326A3D (resized).jpeg
8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7453 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 150.
#2301 2 years ago

In on an LE, although I am trying to figure out if DI is a better Game!

#2302 2 years ago

For those getting an LE over a premium - why?
Do you like the art better?
Just like the idea of owning a "Limited Edition"?
Does the price difference not really matter (or is insignificant to you)?

SWLE seems to offer the least differentiation and greatest price gap of LEs to date (not counting Batman SLE). I bought a STLE because I though the overall package made it a no brainer, but I just don't see the appeal to SWLE.

#2303 2 years ago

I've thought this through. The original pictures had left me feeling underwhelmed. But then seeing the video and the feature matrix made me feel a lot better. I watched the video quite a few times, and each time I feel a bit more excited. I'm really looking forward to the streamed play that's supposed to take place today.

I do wish that the pinball had more "toys" but I do love Steve Richie's other games. I still don't feel awesome about the play field art, but it's growing on me. I'd really like to see it in person to get a better feel for the game.

A commentator on here said that they wish this game had the "City under the glass" feel that you get from GhostBusters. I totally agree with that assessment. But the flip side to that statement is that I don't like GB and the way it drains you so often, so I'm going to keep a positive outlook on this.

Once I see some more videos, I think I will be purchasing a premium. Can any members here private message me the best cost that they've received so I can workout the details on ordering one.

Thanks Everyone.

#2304 2 years ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

But the flip side to that statement is that I don't like GB and the way it drains you so often, so I'm going to keep a positive outlook on this.

As much as I love Trudeau games, his games naturally seem to have a wider flipper gap anyway (i.e. Mustang). I'm also looking forward to the extended play video of this game. That will be the true tale of a must buy as big of a Ritchie fan as I am having three of his games other than one Nordman in a Demo Man.

#2305 2 years ago

any news from UK?

#2306 2 years ago

Anybody else out there liking the pro? Wonder which one Levi will be playing tonight?

#2307 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

SWLE seems to offer the least differentiation and greatest price gap of LEs to date (not counting Batman SLE). I bought a STLE because I though the overall package made it a no brainer, but I just don't see the appeal to SWLE.

It will look nice next to my STLE, and won't drop in value as much as the premium when the countless "character" vault editions are made. (Like AC/DC right now).

I also figure a Star Wars colectible is worth taking a chance on.

I plan on doing el paper behind the laser cut rails. I do like the hoth scene on the premium but the falcon art of the LE has grown on me and I like the option of having all 3 translites. (Tron "girls" translite is unobtanium right now for instance)

#2308 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anybody else out there liking the pro? Wonder which one Levi will be playing tonight?

I can't imagine it will be the pro

#2309 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I bought an LE for several reasons. The main one is that I didn't want to regret not buying it down the road and end up paying an arm and a leg to get one shipped to me. If I decide to sell my LE and get a premium (my favorite art package of the three) then that will be easy to do. Finding a local LE down the road - not so much...

#2310 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The price gap is actually about the same as before. Just that all models are more expensive. I love the Flacon, had every Falcon toy you can think of as a kid. I like the armor, getting all three translites, and it's nice to have something that is (somewhat) limited. Star Wars Premium will be the highest selling Premium Stern has ever released, so it is nice for me to have something different and limited.

#2311 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Welp, just got quoted $7300 for premium and $5400 for pro and was told by my distro Stern mandated they raise them both.

I said I was going to stop bitching about prices... but I'm a hypocrite. That is ridiculous that they are mandating another street price increase so soon. I'm stunned it hasn't killed the market yet.

#2312 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I said I was going to stop bitching about prices... but I'm a hypocrite. That is ridiculous that they are mandating another street price increase so soon. I'm stunned it hasn't killed the market yet.

Han_Murray2 (resized).jpg

#2313 2 years ago

If I were to buy one of these I'd be at a crossroads. I don't really like the premiums cabinet art especially the right side just feels unfinished and layout is meh but love the backbox and translite. I love the LE cabinet but dont really like the backbox art and don't mind the translite. in other words, I wish the game looked like this.

Premium backbox with an LE cabinet

sw-left (resized).jpg
sw-right (resized).jpg

Hell,
Premium backbox, LE cabinet with Pro translite might even be better

sw-left-withprotranslite (resized).jpg

#2314 2 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

If I were to buy one of these I'd be at a crossroads. I don't really like the premiums cabinet art especially the right side just feels unfinished and layout is meh but love the backbox and translite. I love the LE cabinet but dont really like the backbox art and don't mind the translite. in other words, I wish the game looked like this.
Premium backbox with an LE cabinet

Colors on the top look wrong but I like the idea.

#2315 2 years ago

mish-mash mess imo. Like what Stern did better, but it's all personal preference. I like the Premium package & art best overall. I like the 'bad guy' art version and you are playing the good guys against the bad guys -- so it works for me! Would be even better if you could play as good guys or bad guy characters, but I'm sure the movie scenes available may have helped dictate what they thought would work best as far as selecting characters to play.

#2316 2 years ago

The right premium side looks unfinished. It just doesn't blend in as good as the other versions. Perhaps it's just the rendering?

#2317 2 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

The right premium side looks unfinished. It just doesn't blend in as good as the other versions. Perhaps it's just the rendering?

I was told by a distributor that its the walkers on Hoth on both sides with the stormtrooper on the box. Hope that isn't the case but I do prefer the Hoth / walker art as ESB is my favorite movie.

#2318 2 years ago

Maybe its not too late...

#2319 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm out, but a buddy ordered the LE because he preferred the cabinet when compared to the Premium.
He never considered the Pro. He felt it looked too stripped.

Important to note that he also has a GB Premium with a hairline crack down the left side of the cabinet, but still bought another Stern. I guess the Force is powerful.

#2320 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Whoever put that canned rock track on a Star Wars video should be fired. That was just awful. Maybe the sound package is still too raw to show? I really wanted to hear the sounds.
Definitely nice to see in action, and it looks better in high rez, no question. The Pro translite looked like a mess in low rez, in high rez it was a lot better for instance. I want to play one. I just don't have that "wow I want that" feeling still. Maybe hands on time would change my mind, I really want it to be good. I seriously don't care that it's competing with Alien, the Star Wars fan in me hopes it's great.
If I may though, that video mode looks really dumb. Why does Dwight insist on putting video modes in his games? I'm not a fan. I want to play pinball, not bang a button, or pick bacon or star, or do bad pixel fights. Just leave the video modes out!

Some of us like video modes. Also some of us don't care for your photoshopped not hand drawn alt art packages.

#2321 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Made the deposit on an LE.

see ya on the wheres the code thread!

#2322 2 years ago

Do the Star Wars LE side rails light up like Star Trek LE?

#2323 2 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

No

#2324 2 years ago

They will sell that as an option in their store mark my words.

#2326 2 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

No, Stern went low-rent on Star Wars.

#2327 2 years ago

Where are the accessories?! We need toppers, side art and shooter rods Stern!!

#2328 2 years ago

Oh, and light sabers!

#2329 2 years ago

I really would have liked to see what JJP could have done with this license.

#2330 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

No, Stern went low-rent on Star Wars.

With each recent Stern LE release it seems like something is stripped out. This time it's mirrored backglass. No shaker motor either.

An LE needs more then just different armor to justify the extra cost over a premium. Guess Stern doesn't care though as long as they keep selling out.

As a company though that wants to come across as taking pride in their products I'm surprised Stern doesn't want to offer more value with LE's. They did with Star Trek LE.

#2331 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Oh, and light sabers!

One of the Black FX series sabers would make a great topper as they have a stand that comes with it. Probably would need velcro strips to keep it stable on the backbox.

#2332 2 years ago

I thought this was going to be equal to my star trek LE and sit right next to it.
I am disappointed with the missing LE features.

#2333 2 years ago
Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

I really would have liked to see what JJP could have done with this license.

I would not want to see the price for a JJP star wars :O

#2334 2 years ago
Quoted from timballs:

CrazyLevi is playing one in London tomorrow. Fingers crossed that the game is there, working, and he can get some decent footage of it. Even more fingers crossed that he can figure out how to transfer the files to me with the dropbox mobile app. I told him to target 30 minutes of gameplay footage. Lots of stuff could go wrong but we're hoping to share something more solid than the IGN footage.

Update: This was mainly an industry event. Gary Stern was there himself to show off the game and prohibited him from taking any footage. Levi got to play a few games on it at least and Gary had him show off a bit for the other folks who were there. We have 0 gameplay footage but a couple of pics and features that we can discuss about the games.

#2335 2 years ago
Quoted from timballs:

Update: This was mainly an industry event. Gary Stern was there himself to show off the game and prohibited him from taking any footage. Levi got to play a few games on it at least and Gary had him show off a bit for the other folks who were there. We have 0 gameplay footage but a couple of pics and features that we can discuss about the games.

So how did he say it played?

#2336 2 years ago

Any report on game-play - novel features - animations - movie clips - modes? We are dying for information out here...

#2337 2 years ago

Is he allowed to? Cmon Stern, now is the time to win us over with some actual gameplay!

#2338 2 years ago
Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

So how did he say it played?

Like he said ^^^

#2339 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

As a company though that wants to come across as taking pride in their products I'm surprised Stern doesn't want to offer more value with LE's. They did with Star Trek LE.

Do you really feel that Stern wants to come across as taking pride in their products?

To me, Stern comes across as wanting to make as much money as possible.

They could have easily made SWLE as cool as STLE. At least add EL paper under the side rails, keep the real backglass, add a shaker. Maybe that's $200 BOM to do those changes. But that's $200 that's not necessary if we keep buying all the LEs.

This is hands down the most stripped LE that they've ever produced. But it's Star Wars and they knew they could get away with it. It's disgusting really.

#2340 2 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Any novel features? We are dying out here for information...

Between the photos he sent me and what he's told me so far we definitely have more than what was covered by the IGN video. Gonna get as much info and pics up there in our interview tonight so it's all out in 1 place. He's going to see Phil Collins today and do some other stuff with the gf now so we can't even discuss more until tonight.

#2341 2 years ago

each little knock against this release they (Stern) do, is inching me closer and closer to saying "screw this"
Stripped LE, raised minimum pricing floor, denying video to be shown, that fiasco of a release in general.......keep it up...soon the wallet will be shut

#2342 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Do you really feel that Stern wants to come across as taking pride in their products?
To me, Stern comes across as wanting to make as much money as possible.
They could have easily made SWLE as cool as STLE. At least add EL paper under the side rails, keep the real backglass, add a shaker. Maybe that's $200 BOM to do those changes. But that's $200 that's not necessary if we keep buying all the LEs.
This is hands down the most stripped LE that they've ever produced. But it's Star Wars and they knew they could get away with it. It's disgusting really.

Yup! Its sad. The last couple lines of your post are exactly why I cancelled my LE spot. The premium and pro also seem stripped down compared to their previous games.

#2343 2 years ago

It's going to take more than a few slow motion videoclips to get me excited about this pathetic looking Star Wars pinball machine. The fact that they didn't throw up real gameplay footage in real time is a red flag to me! Had money set aside for this pin too. Now I will most likely turn my focus to Dialed In unless Star Wars does turn out to be something special but I doubt it.

#2344 2 years ago
Quoted from timballs:

Give us more info Timballs or I will get köksal baba himself onto you!

#2345 2 years ago

Nothing here screams "order me now" to me. LE is a joke, feature-wise. What's it cost them to add a shaker in the factory? $20 max?

LE is only if you want to get first in line.

Keeping my $. Bought myself a new guitar and my kids new bikes.

#2346 2 years ago

I wonder why? Maybe Stern wants to control the videos of gameplay so they are planning a deadflip showing later this month?

Quoted from timballs:

#2347 2 years ago
Quoted from timballs:

Between the photos he sent me and what he's told me so far we definitely have more than what was covered by the IGN video. Gonna get as much info and pics up there in our interview tonight so it's all out in 1 place. He's going to see Phil Collins today and do some other stuff with the gf now so we can't even discuss more until tonight.

We are all looking forward to your twitch stream tonight!

#2348 2 years ago
Quoted from timballs:

So stern is now taking orders and selling the game, but won't let any videos be taken at an industry event? makes sense to me.

#2349 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

LE is only if you want to get first in line.

Pro is first

#2350 2 years ago

I wonder what will happen if Stern can ever get their ducks in a row for a release.

GOT. Much anticipated theme. Art sucked the excitement from the reveal.

SM Vault. Much anticipated vault. Mixed reaction to art and pricing model sucked the excitement from reveal.

GB. Art reaction was incredibly positive. Ghosting sucked the excitement from reveal.

SW. Holy grail of themes. Marketing botch, playfield emptiness and mixed art reaction suck excitement from reveal.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 399.95
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orange Park, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Maryville, TN
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 499.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 72.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
There are 7453 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 150.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside