8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 150.
#2201 6 years ago

10k built by x-mas

#2202 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Fair enough. I don't want to come off as a jerk, I'm just passionate about art. I wish the 'good ol days' of pinball art were being embraced more like Ghostbusters. Say what you like about frustrating gameplay, that machine is gorgeous!

Just two guys talking shop, no worries! And I'm with you on that.

#2203 6 years ago

Anyone with some photoshop skills able to drop the Pro and Premium Translites into an LE? I ordered the LE and I'm curious what the other tranlites may look like.

#2204 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Frolic you of all - Mr buy Mustang and WWE LE...OF course you are in!

Mustang is awesome!

#2205 6 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

Anyone with some photoshop skills able to drop the Pro and Premium Translites into an LE? I ordered the LE and I'm curious what the other tranlites may look like.

I got ya gimme like an hour and I'll whip it up
For ya thearcadegeek

#2206 6 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

Anyone with some photoshop skills able to drop the Pro and Premium Translites into an LE? I ordered the LE and am curious what the other tranlites may look like.

Not that great:

Hybrid_Cab (resized).jpgHybrid_Cab (resized).jpg

#2207 6 years ago

While I hope all the Star Wars buyers enjoy their new game when shipped, I am glad I pulled the trigger on AFMLE.
I was worried Star Wars would be over the top good and change my mind, but this reveal does nothing for me.
Hoping the code, music and LCD can save what we have seen so far.

#2208 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Not that great:

That side with that translite looks sweet.

#2209 6 years ago

With Pro:

Hybrid_Cab2 (resized).jpgHybrid_Cab2 (resized).jpg

#2210 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

While I hope all the Star Wars buyers enjoy their new game when shipped, I am glad I pulled the trigger on AFMLE.
I was worried Star Wars would be over the top good and change my mind, but this reveal does nothing for me.
Hoping the code, music and LCD can save what we have seen so far.

You have 3 years to change your mind while it is in production for that period. I feel you will be swayed by the Dark Side.

#2211 6 years ago

It looks best with the pro translite IMO.

#2212 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

It looks best with the pro translite IMO.

I agree - colors blend a little better.

Quoted from Pimp77:

That side with that translite looks sweet.

Sorry - I was meaning my super fast MSPaint rendering wasn't that good. But it gets the point across.

#2213 6 years ago

Anyone getting higher price quotes compared to Aerosmith?

#2214 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Found these at Walmart could be used as cool mods

oh i'm sure you'll see them, no doubt.

#2215 6 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

Anyone getting higher price quotes compared to Aerosmith?

Yes; an earlier post indicated that Stern asked distributors to raise the floor a bit.

#2216 6 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

Yes; an earlier post indicated that Stern asked distributors to raise the floor a bit.

So prices have really gone up $200 more for each model compared to AS? This is after the $100 price hike from January...Crazy.

#2217 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So prices have really gone up $200 more for each model compared to AS? This is after the $100 price hike from January? Crazy.

And yet people keep buying. As long as the price hikes don't seem to impact demand, Stern will keep doing them.

#2218 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And yet people keep buying. As long as the price hikes don't seem to impact demand, Stern will keep doing them.

Yep, if I were Stern I'd keep raising until sales dropped off.

#2219 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Sadly that is true. I just can't see paying $7200 or $7400 for a premium, especially with what's in the game. LE at $8500 or $8700? That's nuts.

#2220 6 years ago

Still just not seeing much to get excited about on this one. Hopefully it proves me wrong when I get to play it but I see no reason or feel zero need to jump in and order this one. Lots of great titles rumored in the not so distant future that will likely make this one look pretty sad. Not likely that Pulp Fiction and Elvira 3 are both going to be busts so I'm hanging onto my money. If those suck and SW turns out to be great I can always get a premium whenever down the road.

#2221 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Found these at Walmart could be used as cool mods

Please dont hot glue in star wars toys as "mods"

#2222 6 years ago

What are people getting for Pro quotes? PM me if you don't want to post. I was hoping to buy one for $5200 like AS but will buy a different used game if they jacked up the price?

#2223 6 years ago

What's another $200? A grail theme like Star Wars is priceless!

#2224 6 years ago

Someone needs to make this mod.....

e878fa2873e47feb720f70ee11a9d31a (resized).jpge878fa2873e47feb720f70ee11a9d31a (resized).jpg

#2225 6 years ago

Interesting switch placement. I think this game looks great and will play even better! Art package is fine and will look even better in person. Once people play the game with all the sound, modes, clips and everything people will love it. Guarantee hit for Stern! Congrats to Steve and team for a table that looks like a blast to play. Can't wait to get mine! order placed!

SW010 (resized).jpgSW010 (resized).jpg

#2226 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Mustang is awesome!

WWE is awesome!

#2227 6 years ago

I like them and can't wait to play! No reason to get so worked up over it. It's always a totally different experience when you step up and press start.

#2228 6 years ago

You are entitled to your opinion. I respectfully don't share it.

#2229 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Someone needs to make this mod.....

On it!

#2230 6 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I'm in on an LE, but having a hard time seeing the value.

Gary loves you so much Send money first, ask questions later.

#2231 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Gary loves you so much Send money first, ask questions later.

twdSW (resized).jpgtwdSW (resized).jpg

#2232 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sadly that is true. I just can't see paying $7200 or $7400 for a premium, especially with what's in the game. LE at $8500 or $8700? That's nuts.

We already pay $8400 for a pro (delivered) here in Canada! There was a $400 price increase 2 months ago in addition to the one that came in Janurary. While I have been dreading to see yet another price increase AGAIN, I won't be surprised to see it happen. I'm hoping this game is good because it will probably be my last NIB purchase.

Rob

#2233 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Real gameplay video?? I mean like when someone actually plays and reviews the game from the frost plunge to the end of the 3rd ball... I am doubting it but would be great if we do.

CrazyLevi is playing one in London tomorrow. Fingers crossed that the game is there, working, and he can get some decent footage of it. Even more fingers crossed that he can figure out how to transfer the files to me with the dropbox mobile app. I told him to target 30 minutes of gameplay footage. Lots of stuff could go wrong but we're hoping to share something more solid than the IGN footage.

#2234 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Everyone take a moment to align these two concepts in their head before further arguing about this table:
Profitability - This table will be insanely profitable. Stern obviously kept their production budget very low, to make a feature light game that relies heavily on the IP to attract 'the general public' on location to spend their money.
Value - The value of this table is a major disappointment. This table appears to have fewer features than most their games over the past 2 years, and a higher price tag. The IP visuals are just photoshopped (or 'hand drawn' on a computer....) photo collages of 40 year old promo pics of characters. The lack of 'force' magnets is the very definition of 'phoning it in' design work. None of us have played it yet, so it very well may be a very 'Fun' game on its own, but the gameplay is only one part of the overall VALUE of a game.
So did your kids or 'normal' friends get excited about this table? of course they did. is this table going to make a TON on of money on location? Of course it will. Is this table going to go UP in value over time for collectors? Hell no. This is not going to be a 'Monster Bash' or 'Scared stiff' table that is a sought-after title going for 10K years from now. It doesn't have the value. By all comparisons, this machine will be selling used for $4,000 or less 5 years from now. Which is a shame, because they really could have knocked this out of the park and made a new classic. Instead they are just going to make a lot of money. No denying that.

IMG_2176 (resized).JPGIMG_2176 (resized).JPG

#2235 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yep, if I were Stern I'd keep raising until sales dropped off.

So are you saying your Stern?

Seriously though it sure seems like that is what they are doing, just adding another $100/$200 each release.

I could accept it on Aerosmith new system and all getting some of the costs back from it but there appears to be less here on SW compared to AS, so what's the reason for yet another price increase?

#2236 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You have 3 years to change your mind while it is in production for that period. I feel you will be swayed by the Dark Side.

lol.
Could be if there were to be a 3 year production delay but CGC seems to have their Sh!t together on this one.
Games already shipping out this Friday.
Constant updates in their thread with what is going on and lots of awesome photos of games on the assembly line.
AFMr will be a big success. Especially with "Loyd the Great" from here on Pinside covering the tech for it.
But back to Star Wars, Enjoy it everyone.

#2237 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

What's another $200? A grail theme like Star Wars is priceless!

Burn in a fire, man....like, REALLY? It's the dinks like you saying this exact thing repeatedly over the years that has led us to this point of absurd pricing. Every game is SOMEONE'S dream theme, so you're advocating for a price increase for EVERY GAME. Maybe that doesn't matter so much to all the lawyers and other people with boat payments on here, but I can tell you it matters to me and to a lot of the people I associate with. The 1k increase over what I paid for my Met or Tron matters. The extra 1k over what I paid for AC/DC Premium *DEFINITELY* matters! This game isn't anywhere NEAR as packed as AC/DC premium was!

#2238 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Burn in a fire, man....like, REALLY? It's the dinks like you saying this exact thing repeatedly over the years that has led us to this point of absurd pricing. Every game is SOMEONE'S dream theme, so you're advocating for a price increase for EVERY GAME. Maybe that doesn't matter so much to all the lawyers and other people with boat payments on here, but I can tell you it matters to me and to a lot of the people I associate with. The 1k increase over what I paid for my Met or Tron matters. The extra 1k over what I paid for AC/DC Premium *DEFINITELY* matters! This game isn't anywhere NEAR as packed as AC/DC premium was!

The best way to visually compare price vs value from a couple of years ago to now is STLE vs SWLE!

Prior to any reveal I thought I would be 100% in on a SWLE, thought it would look amazing next to my STLE, was expecting it to have lite side rails, lit back box emblems - rebel & imperial signs (upon reveal I thought well okay that backglass will be lite an animated, nope!) basically I was expecting an LE on par with STLE. SW doesn't even have a plaque/plate around it's lockbar button

Reality is I can't justify a SWLE when it's going to be sitting next to my STLE.

#2239 6 years ago

I'm really digging the new pictures they released today. There's a lot of detail in the playfield.

Here are the mistakes made by Stern on the machine:

- No full color changing inserts. C'mon, this is Steve Ritchie...he has the highest budget for a reason. Star Trek & GOT had full color changing inserts. Would've been great to have everything go white on Hoth, green & brown on the forest moon of Endor, tan on Tatooine, and grey on the Death Star.

- No backglass...really? I mean..really?

- LE siderails should've been the falcon (like on Star Trek).

Here are the strong positives:

- 16 modes, 1 wizard mode, and 9 multi-balls.

- Different character powers (similar to GOT).

#2240 6 years ago

Premium seems the most popular
LE is overrated and Pro has best Translite

LE is coming , led strips under those not doing white rails will improve it.
Translite switched out for ....anything is better.

Too bad you gotta spend at least another $500 to make it somewhat decent.

#2241 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm really digging the new pictures they released today. There's a lot of detail in the playfield.
Here are the mistakes made by Stern on the machine:
- No full color changing inserts. C'mon, this is Steve Ritchie...he has the highest budget for a reason. Star Trek & GOT had full color changing inserts. Would've been great to have everything go white on Hoth, green & brown on the forest moon of Endor, tan on Tatooine, and grey on the Death Star.
- No backglass...really? I mean..really?
- LE siderails should've been the falcon (like on Star Trek).
Here are the strong positives:
- 16 modes, 1 wizard mode, and 9 multi-balls.
- Different character powers (similar to GOT).

Do you think the 9 multi-balls are included in the 16 modes and 1 wizard mode though? I noticed Stern like to state a total number in a feature row then break it down so it looks and sounds like more on first glance, I am sure they did it on the lighting on the features matrix.

Which leads to my second question anyone think they might know what Stern can do with the white blue red GI seems fairly limiting wouldn't RGB given them more flexibility and colours to choose from.

#2242 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Tim Sexton is going to be playing it, yes. It sounds like it's pre-recorded, but it will be actual gameplay.

Will this be on twitch, youtube? Do you know what time? Cheers

#2243 6 years ago

It only takes a few minutes to review modern Stern games from the recent past to conduct a comparison.
Travel a little further back in time, and I sense a significant, "Disturbance in the Force".
Just don't wear a blast shield helmet while evaluating.

The Force Funny.jpgThe Force Funny.jpg

Old New Pinball (resized).jpgOld New Pinball (resized).jpg

#2244 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The best way to visually compare price vs value from a couple of years ago to now is STLE vs SWLE!
Prior to any reveal I thought I would be 100% in on a SWLE, thought it would look amazing next to my STLE, was expecting it to have lite side rails, lit back box emblems - rebel & imperial signs (upon reveal I thought well okay that backglass will be lite an animated, nope!) basically I was expecting an LE on par with STLE. SW doesn't even have a plaque/plate around it's lockbar button
Reality is I can't justify a SWLE when it's going to be sitting next to my STLE.

STLE was PACKED as well. Not so much with gameplay extras, but aesthetically? It's not even remotely a fair comparison. STLE is a visual feast.. SWLE is...an expensively modded premium.

I think we'd all have liked for the detail and extras that went into STLE to be something of a standard moving forward, but it seems that almost all of the cool things they did for that LE have gone by the wayside..

#2245 6 years ago

Price increase in Australia $150 from AS. On all versions LE $12,500, Prem $10,800, pro $8,500

#2246 6 years ago

The art is pretty bad but honestly no Jek Porkins? No deal.

IMG_3174 (resized).JPGIMG_3174 (resized).JPG

#2247 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Art sucks. No Jek Perkins? No deal.

Hes probably doing the voice work.

#2248 6 years ago

WoW. I just missed a day on pinside and 500+posts added to this thread!
I can't follow you guys. Really excited to read you all later!
(Like it or not, kaneda's podcast is now a valuable asset for guys on the run.)

#2250 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Premium seems the most popular
LE is overrated and Pro has best Translite
LE is coming , led strips under those not doing white rails will improve it.
Translite switched out for ....anything is better.
Too bad you gotta spend at least another $500 to make it somewhat decent.

Dont for get to add the shaker motor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.95
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.