8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 150.
#2051 6 years ago

Yall be crazy to buy this ... But, Im sure it will be another Stern sell out. WOW

#2052 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Perspective
ST features -
third flipper
interactive vengeance ship
asteroids - does nothing
enterprise toy - lights up
star field projector
SW -
Hyperloop
interactive death star
bobble tie fighter - bobbles
millennium falcon - lights up?
2nd LCD screen
5 features each. Really not much of a difference there. Code will be key.

well if you are comparing the ST get all the facts cause you are using things from the premium le star wars and not all of star trek features.

what about the kick back?
what about the magnet in the vengeance?
LE lighted side rails on ST
Star Trek "USS Enterprise" Limited Edition Mirrored Backglass

#2053 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Man that video is pretty underwhelming, they should fire the marketing guy. The exploding Death Star is not good, they should have just stuck with the LCD, a light show and sound. The jiggling T-Fighter is also weak. I really wanted to like this and I don't mind the art but the features just don't deliver. That button mash to shoot T-Fighters, really?!

Ign made that video. Pinball isn't exactly their forte.

#2054 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Here are the things I'm disappointed in:
No light-up rails on the LE.
No shaker on the LE.
No magnets anywhere except on the hyperspace accelerator.
No glass translite.
Not enough toys and everything is on the left side. (You're welcome, Panzer!)
Slow-motion video makes it look like you're playing The Hobbit.
No multi-color RGB on each insert as in previous games.
Exploding death star looks like a light-up mushroom.
And NO PLATE ON THE LOCKDOWN BUTTON!!! (I mean...REALLY???)
The things I like:
The hyperspace thing looks pretty awesome.
Let me get back to you on the rest...

It DOES look like the best System 11 game ever, though.

#2055 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Well Stern should still fire the damn marketing guys and make a proper marketing package and send it out. That video makes it look like ass.

#2056 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

well if you are comparing the ST get all the facts cause you are using things from the premium le star wars and not all of star trek features.

I was just comparing premiums, since there is really no LE here IMO. So yes missed the kickback. As for the magnet in the vengeance, well, the death star has a ramp and explodes. LOL I was equating the two as one feature.

#2057 6 years ago

Prices have also increased again incase no one has called yet. My distro who I always order through said Pro is $5395 and Premium is $7395 shipped I didn't ask about the LE cause I have no desire for that model.

#2058 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It DOES look like the best System 11 game ever, though.

Better than Whirlwind?

Three spinning disks, fan topper, three flippers, two ramps (one lift ramp) etc..

#2059 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

That would be great. You steer with the flippers and then have to have an appropriately timed press of the fire button to launch the torpedo to destroy the death star.

Exactly! Seems obvious and cool, plus it uses all the player buttons for maximum interactivity for the player, casual players on route would eat it up!

I know Dwight added the cross the streams video mode after it was coincidently mentioned here on pinside, so maybe if the idea gets enough thumbs up and reposts/quotes Dwight might see it and add it? Worth a try!

#2060 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Prices have also increased again incase no one has called yet. My distro who I always order through said Pro is $5395 and Premium is $7395 shipped I didn't ask about the LE cause I have no desire for that model.

$2000 for the Premium upgrade? Unreal.

#2061 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Better than Whirlwind?
Three spinning disks, fan topper, three flippers, two ramps (one lift ramp) etc..

Top 10? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#2062 6 years ago

PRICING:

What are you guys hearing on LE "pricing" from your DISTROS?

$8100 Plus ship?

$8500 delivered?

??

Thx

#2063 6 years ago

$2000 dollars? Jesus.

#2064 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

dont forget when GB came out it didnt have cross the streams video mode so i wouldnt put out another video mode happening yet.
The lcd screen on playfield could end up being the best feature of the game, like a unlimited changing bashtoy sorta.

Totally agree would have quoted you in my above post but didn't see your post until the next page. Seems quite a few people are on the same page for what they would like to see in a the video/second video mode that Dwight has done in the past namely GB post release.

#2065 6 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

$2000 for the Premium upgrade? Unreal.

It's finally happened. The Pro has caught up to what an LE used to cost. Pretty sure Tron LE was around $5400 shipped.

#2066 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

IGN didn't make the video. Stern provided it.

#2067 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

MSRP on the PRO looks to be the same as Aerosmith ($6199):

http://sternpinball.com/games/star/pro

It looks like they are still working on the pages for the other two.

Brad

#2068 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

How would Stern let this pass for press photos?

All these sweet pics and that's what you focus on? Lol

#2069 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I was just comparing premiums, since there is really no LE here IMO. So yes missed the kickback. As for the magnet in the vengeance, well, the death star has a ramp and explodes. LOL I was equating the two as one feature.

Funny seeing people arguing about what is essentially, who wins the battle for the most stripped down game.

#2070 6 years ago

And the features matrix in case it hasn't been posted yet:

http://sternpinball.com/upload/games/star/pro/Star%20Wars%20Feature%20Matrix.pdf

Brad

#2071 6 years ago

Is the hyperdrive going to be a distraction?

hyperdrive wire (resized).pnghyperdrive wire (resized).png

#2072 6 years ago

the back board looks like the scene with the x-wing and tie fighters is on sort of a raised panel - I wonder if that does anything special?

#2073 6 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

MSRP on the PRO looks to be the same as Aerosmith ($6199):
http://sternpinball.com/games/star/pro
It looks like they are still working on the pages for the other two.
Brad

while that is true that doesn't mean street price will be the same. My distro said sterns minimum per machine went up again, much like it did when it went up to $5200 not long ago. Call around and see if you get the same prices, would love to hear if you find it cheaper.

#2074 6 years ago

"But it flows!"

#2075 6 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Maybe, but I think it's going to be a neat effect seeing the ball flying by.

#2076 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So the premium Death Star toy opens and theres...a cube of lights in it. That's it? Really?
Still looks like the helmets from Space Balls.

When it cracked open on the gameplay video I immedialty thought of a disco ball and Space Ball

It's definitely something that can be improved exactly what can be done to it we won't know until we have games in hand but I reckon there is enough space in there to make a reactor cover to dress it up a little.

#2077 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Funny seeing people arguing about what is essentially, who wins the battle for the most stripped down game.

True. I'm trying to maintain some sort of positivity here, but it's a struggle for sure. It's very difficult to argue that its not stripped down. I was hoping to find some hope with other successful games that were also stripped down. IM TRON and ST come to mind for me right away.

#2078 6 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

IGN didn't make the video. Stern provided it.

Either way its an embarrassment and a terrible reveal video.

#2079 6 years ago

The video ultimately answered many of our questions but left out several or even opened new questions....how soon until we just see someone stream the damn thing?!

#2080 6 years ago

This is a link to the VIDEO with JOHN WILLIAMS music that I uploaded .... MUCH BETTER.... HEHE !

Download here:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ewud6w

#2081 6 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Was the clear plastic ramp a deterrent in Hurricane? Or how about the big cannon shot rail right down the middle on Black Rose? It may distract some but i would imagine after a few plays your eyes adjust to it being there and just ignore it.

#2082 6 years ago

Flame away at me, but I think I'll stick to playing my much hated on GB Premium vs any of the SW models based on anything I've seen to date.

#2083 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

True. I'm trying to maintain some sort of positivity here, but it's a struggle for sure. It's very difficult to argue that its not stripped down. I was hoping to find some hope with other successful games that were also stripped down. IM TRON and ST come to mind for me right away.

Stripped down doesn't mean it won't play great and be super fun. Especially if they do a good job with the sounds and rules.

#2084 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

This is a link to the VIDEO with JOHN WILLIAMS music that I uploaded .... MUCH BETTER.... HEHE !
Download here:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ewud6w

What a difference!

#2085 6 years ago

This is my first Star Wars Mod, the video Promo...
The audio which should of been used .... John Williams !

#2086 6 years ago

I'm sure there is a LIVE DeadFlip stream in the works for Star Wars. That will be the best way to gauge gameplay, sound, etc. Looking forward to seeing gameplay footage and playing it myself.

#2087 6 years ago

Timballs on twitch tomorrow night at 7:30

#2088 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Here are the things I'm disappointed in:
No light-up rails on the LE.
No shaker on the LE.
No magnets anywhere except on the hyperspace accelerator.
No glass translite.
Not enough toys and everything is on the left side. (You're welcome, Panzer!)
Slow-motion video makes it look like you're playing The Hobbit.
No multi-color RGB on each insert as in previous games.
Exploding death star looks like a light-up mushroom.
And NO PLATE ON THE LOCKDOWN BUTTON!!! (I mean...REALLY???)
The things I like:
The hyperspace thing looks pretty awesome.
Let me get back to you on the rest...

Yea - I think they are pushing the limits on how little they can do on the LEs and still have them sell well.

Basically they are down to:
All 3 translites
Different side rails
Powder coat

Whereas with STLE:
Real backglass
Stainless speaker panel
Powder coat
Custom backlit side rails
Lit backbox emblems
Shaker

That's pretty sad considering their cost on 2 extra translites and powder coat is $100-$200.

#2089 6 years ago

Tragically underwhelming.

The main feature is a non-interactive gimmick, ala Getaway.

No magnets/force tricks is inexcusable.

Hopefully the sound/music, lighting, and display effects will save this one.

#2090 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Maybe, but I think it's going to be a neat effect seeing the ball flying by.

Just showed the video to my daughter, she thought the hyperloop was awesome. I think this title will do well in public.

That video Stern produced is really bad. WTF did they mix in slow motion or is the table set with a 5.0 pitch?

I thought something would be revealed that would make me change my tune and that is not the case. I was thinking badass light up side-rails-nope. I also thought that the Death Star would have a cool laser projector-nope.

Having to hit button to destroy tie fighters-Pew Pew Pew-lame

Sorry but high def photos and cheesy video did not change my mind. The only thing left to do now is play it to make a final decision.

#2091 6 years ago

I thought for sure there would be playfield magnets, I still think it looks cool and fun though. I think the hyperspace effect is awesome and will be great fun during gameplay. I am looking forward to playing it.

My daughters also think the hyperspace habitrails are awesome!

#2092 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

rices have also increased again incase no one has called yet. My distro who I always order through said Pro is $5395 and Premium is $7395 shipped I didn't ask about the LE cause I have no desire for that model.

Unbelievable if true. Definitely out on the premium and the pro better be the most fun game to come out in years. Is this increase only for Star Wars or is it for AS as well?

#2093 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

This is my first Star Wars Mod, the the video Promo...
» YouTube video

Amazing that the audio can have that much of an affect on my impression of the game.

#2094 6 years ago

And why are people saying it doesn't have magnets underneath the playfield ?! to me it sure looks like it does watch the video @ 20sec-21sec mark after it hits the FORCE targets it makes a loop back around / up which to me looks like magnets... Any one else agree ?

#2095 6 years ago

Is that true about timballs twitch stream tomorrow?

#2096 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

And why are people saying it doesn't have magnets underneath the playfield ?! to me it sure looks like it does watch the video @ 20sec-21sec mark after it hits the FORCE targets it makes a loop back around / up which to me looks like magnets... Any one else agree ?

The video was filmed top down. That's just the ball rolling down, no magnets.

#2097 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

That's just gravity. And it's Stern saying there are no magnets. They wouldn't have forgotten to put them on the feature matrix. Unfortunate as I really wanted them too.

#2098 6 years ago

Man LE Features are sparse. No mirrored backglass, no shaker motor, no lighted side rails, no laser cut emblem on lock bar, no antireflection glass...

Just laser cut side rails, gloss black powder coat, a couple extra translites, a signature, and a COA for an extra $1300. Those must be expensive side rails. I'm in on an LE, but having a hard time seeing the value.

#2099 6 years ago

All of the non pinball people I've shown the video to say that it looks awesome and incredible. Really goes to show that perhaps Stern does know who they are marketing to and it certainly doesn't seem like pinball people. Undoubtedly it will do well on location and maybe that is all Stern was looking for here as sad as it is for us pinheads.

#2100 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

This is my first Star Wars Mod, the the video Promo...
» YouTube video

Well, that just made me like the game more. Go figure...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 21.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 10.95
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/42?hl=flato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.