8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 150.
#1951 6 years ago

so no kickback, no magnets, no 3rd flipper, no secondary playfield, no lowering bank of targets, no bash toy
and on the pro no warp ramp and no exploding death star

but hey they left the spinner in the pro!

looking forward to playing but not on the buy list

#1952 6 years ago

How would Stern let this pass for press photos?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1953 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

$1100 more for LE over Premium for 2 signatures and 2 extra translites and lollipop rails.

Yep - Although they are more than "lolipop" rails. other armor is powder coated black too. and there is 800, which is barley limited, but limited none-the-less.

#1954 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I saw it too but thought it was a millenium faulken rubbing the side of the cab feature.

#1955 6 years ago

Looks like no LE Backglass again??
Translite only???

#1956 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

That's just a reflection, no?

#1958 6 years ago

Star wars premium/le will be Richies the getaway on Stern Crack! it....is...going...to.... beeeeeeeeee insane.

#1959 6 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

That's just a reflection, no?

Oh I see it now. Looks like cabinet scratches at first. I'm not normally one to hate on Stern, but this release just has me so disappointed even with the hi-res pics.

#1960 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Did you look at pinball magazine pictures of Pros deathstar, its not sealed and has a door. Could there be a diverter behind the Pros deathstar from left ramp and locks the balls in Deathstar then opens the door on deathstar to drop balls onto playfield during a multiball?

I did. Sealed as in, no visible gaps like the premium and LE. From the look of the gate directly in from of the Death Star, I'm still going to say it won't open up to spit out the ball.

#1961 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I did. Sealed as in, no visible gaps like the premium and LE. From the look of the gate directly in from of the Death Star, I'm still going to say it won't open up to spit out the ball.

Not sure what your looking at pictures on but i see visible cracks and a visible door on Pro. Im in on a premium so doesnt matter to me but i hope it does.

Screenshot_2017-06-06-12-15-51 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-06-06-12-15-51 (resized).png

#1962 6 years ago

Does Stern have a marketing department???

#1963 6 years ago

LE will have the pro and prem translite also included

#1964 6 years ago

Hey did you guys notice....
there is now a Sinbad Club?
WOOOO!

#1965 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Does Stern have a marketing department???

Yes... and they suck.

#1966 6 years ago

I've got these coming!

Will see if I can mod these with little LEDs and get them on the playfield

IMG_8659 (resized).PNGIMG_8659 (resized).PNG

IMG_8658 (resized).PNGIMG_8658 (resized).PNG

#1967 6 years ago

Shame the pro doesn't have wireform ramps - just don't like the plastic ones on it at all.

I have a feeling the game is going to be an awesome player though.

#1968 6 years ago

Whoever put that canned rock track on a Star Wars video should be fired. That was just awful. Maybe the sound package is still too raw to show? I really wanted to hear the sounds.

Definitely nice to see in action, and it looks better in high rez, no question. The Pro translite looked like a mess in low rez, in high rez it was a lot better for instance. I want to play one. I just don't have that "wow I want that" feeling still. Maybe hands on time would change my mind, I really want it to be good. I seriously don't care that it's competing with Alien, the Star Wars fan in me hopes it's great.

If I may though, that video mode looks really dumb. Why does Dwight insist on putting video modes in his games? I'm not a fan. I want to play pinball, not bang a button, or pick bacon or star, or do bad pixel fights. Just leave the video modes out!

#1969 6 years ago

The force is strong with this one.
Looks b'dass.

#1970 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The Pro translite looked like a mess in low rez, in high rez it was a lot better for instance. I want to play one. I just don't have that "wow I want that" feeling still.

Alternate Aurich translite incoming?

#1971 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If I may though, that video mode looks really dumb. Why does Dwight insist on putting video modes in his games? I'm not a fan. I want to play pinball, not bang a button, or pick bacon or star, or do bad pixel fights. Just leave the video modes out!

Maybe it will be like STTNG where you can just opt for a fixed sum of points if you don't want to play it.

#1972 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Not sure what your looking at pictures on but i see visible cracks and a visible door on Pro. Im in on a premium so doesnt matter to me but i hope it does.

If the SW Pro did anything extra Stern would certainly not forget to document it on the feature matrix. They include every little item on the thing, even mentioning it comes with a "modular power cord", lol.

#1973 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Maybe it will be like STTNG where you can just opt for a fixed sum of points if you don't want to play it.

I was assuming that was like stormtrooper shootout and many other awesome (?) DE hurry up video modes.

#1974 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I was hoping the video mode would be a Death Star Trench Run re-skin of the HS2 video mode simple yet effective and would match the fast looks of the game.

#1975 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Whoever put that canned rock track on a Star Wars video should be fired. That was just awful. Maybe the sound package is still too raw to show? I really wanted to hear the sounds.
Definitely nice to see in action, and it looks better in high rez, no question. The Pro translite looked like a mess in low rez, in high rez it was a lot better for instance. I want to play one. I just don't have that "wow I want that" feeling still. Maybe hands on time would change my mind, I really want it to be good. I seriously don't care that it's competing with Alien, the Star Wars fan in me hopes it's great.

The Ghostbusters video modes are pretty cool, especially they actually tie into items from the movie. The bashing on a button video mode in SW just seems like a waste, with no skill or even luck involved.

#1976 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I was assuming that was like stormtrooper shootout and many other awesome (?) DE hurry up video modes.

Goldeneye has a similar mode where you have to pull the trigger on the ball launcher while balls are in play it's pretty cool actually - but it fits the theme having to draw your weapon and shoot henchmen before they shoot you.

For SW I was hoping for more than just bashing the lockdown bar button, like I posted about a trench run re skin of the video mode from HS2 would have been the most iconic/fitting.

Also be nice if they dress it up with a plate like their previous releases that have lockbar buttons, looks a little unfinished without it.

#1977 6 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

So, no Yoda on any model?

No C-3PO either?

#1978 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Looks like no LE Backglass again??
Translite only???

Yup I just cancelled my LE spot and asked for a premium instead. $1500 more for baked on powder coated armor with some cut outs that don't match the Falcon....thats it. I don't see the signatures or LE plaque (that is barely visible) as extra features.

#1979 6 years ago

It looks better than the 1st reveal. Still has some issues, but gotta say, its trending in the right direction. But can't for the life of me understand why anyone would spend $1000+ more for the LE vs Premium.

#1980 6 years ago

Can't video modes be disabled? I think they do that for tournament play? I'd rather have it in and turn it off then never get them.

#1981 6 years ago

Has anyone found out the street pricing and timing from their distributor yet? Specifically I'm looking for information on a Pro. Thanks!

#1982 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

It looks better than the 1st reveal. Still has some issues, but gotta say, its trending in the right direction. But can't for the life of me understand why anyone would spend $1000+ more for the LE vs Premium.

Yup. The last LE Stern made that actually justified the extra cost over a premium in my opinion is Star Trek LE. Since then all LE's seem like a money grab.

#1983 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Why does Dwight

DWIGHT=

Mystery reel award in pops
Crazy multipliers
Video mode
Super Jackpot that slams the letter across the screen.
No colour changing GI
When you get the Super Jackpot the inserts will give you an epileptic fit.
You cannot skip the the Extra ball annimation and the light show for this will take over whatever mode/multiball you are in

Assuming a little, but thats 3 games in a row.

Hi Dwight!

#1984 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

No C-3PO either?

Looks like C-3PO and Yoda are on the pro translite (and 3PO is on the right sling plastic), but nothing on the others. Odd choice. The lack of Yoda really makes me wonder if we'll see a second premium or LE with him featured more. Or a droid version.

#1985 6 years ago

"TIE Fighter LCD video assault mode engages players to rapidly pound the action button"

Surely there is more to that mode than just button mashing?

#1986 6 years ago

I would love if they could get Anthony Daniels to do custom speech, but they would have mentioned that by now. Imagine how cool it would be for C-3PO to narrate and comment as you play. Lots of potential with something like that.

#1987 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I would love if they could get Anthony Daniels to do custom speech, but they would have mentioned that by now. Imagine how cool it would be for C-3PO to narrate and comment as you play. Lots of potential with something like that.

If i remember correctly the GB feature matrix mentioned Ernie was doing voices. No mention here?
So I am guessing the call outs are from Redneck Jedi (Cousin of Hillbilly walking dead guy)

#1988 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

"TIE Fighter LCD video assault mode engages players to rapidly pound the action button"

I hope so, if not I'll just deactivate the video mode and if it's the only thing the button is used for just remove the button and put a standard lock bar on without a button, it will also save me designing and making a plate for the button that's missing

#1989 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Why does Dwight insist on putting video modes in his games?

I think casual players like them ... I'm hoping there is a way to disable them .

#1990 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I think casual players like them ... I'm hoping there is a way to disable them .

If the ball is still in play during the mode, it can be fun. Trying to bash the button while flipping when needed can be challenging.

#1991 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

Nope, that's it, just a button masher based off the video Mindless.

#1992 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

while unlikely isn't out of the question, didn't Karl Urban speech for star trek come out of no where? I don't remember if it was on the feature matrix at launch or not.

#1993 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

If i remember correctly the GB feature matrix mentioned Ernie was doing voices. No mention here?
So I am guessing the call outs are from Redneck Jedi (Cousin of Hillbilly walking dead guy)

They couldn't possibly do that for Star Wars!? Could they!?

Surely they wouldn't dream of doing that!? Would they!?

#1994 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

Thats like the Diffuse the Bomb mode in Rocky and Bullwinkle... hit the fire button a bunch of times while the ball is still in play, but you only have a couple seconds to do it. Gets your hands off the flipper and becomes risky

#1995 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

They couldn't possibly do that for Star Wars!? Could they!?
Surely they wouldn't dream of doing that!? Would they!?

If Stern had one of the actors do custom callouts they would put it on the feature matrix, they don't forget to mention anything on those from what it seems.

It's possible that Steve Ritchie himself may do the callouts but I don't see how those would fit with the theme.

Oh I got it, Stern must be doing custom R2D2 callouts for this one, now it all makes sense!

#1996 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

just let him a chance to do better than the GOT video mode!

#1997 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

If the ball is still in play during the mode, it can be fun. Trying to bash the button while flipping when needed can be challenging.

I love the gun in Jurassic Park when you need to shoot during play. Fun little thing there.

#1998 6 years ago

Video mode could be like this and be great, much less from different scenes (ship and saber battles)

#1999 6 years ago

Is Stern trying their hardest to get us to not buy the game?

This should be the easiest sell of all time. Opening crawl describing the game with the theme playing. Pan down to the playfield, hit a shot, hear Han saying "great shot". See the ball in the pops, and hear R2D2 beeping away.

I really wish I knew what Stern was thinking on the release.

#2000 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I was hoping the video mode would be a Death Star Trench Run re-skin of the HS2 video mode simple yet effective and would match the fast looks of the game.

That would be great. You steer with the flippers and then have to have an appropriately timed press of the fire button to launch the torpedo to destroy the death star.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 10.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.