8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 150.
#101 6 years ago

I'm just glad Billy Dee Williams made the play field. Thank the maker!

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Look closer. The hyperspace ramp entrance seems to be on the top left. If that's got magnets shooting that up into the ramp, then back down around the habitrail right in front of the player and into the Death Star...well...that'll just be f-ing amazing.

Yeah, I noticed that. It's interesting shot, but overall, there's no layers built up on the playfield. It's just naked ramps, and that's about it.

#103 6 years ago

The backglass on the LE is the worst of the 3 imo. But maybe it looks awesome lit up. If I had the cash on this one so far it would be the premium. Wonder what if there is a magnet or another toy or something under the 3 bank drop with the lcd on top of it.

#104 6 years ago

The ramp on the Premium/LE looks pretty innovative and fun. Art is whatever, but if it has great code like GOT I'll definitely pick up a premium down the line... hopefully they hit a home run with the LCD assets. Excited to see some gameplay!

#105 6 years ago

Interested in the premium here. Those ramps to the death star look like an awesome feature. Art similar to my ST I can live with that.

#106 6 years ago

No worries on toys, I'm sure we will be adding plenty. There are tons of possibilities for star wars out there.

#107 6 years ago

Jesus, SWT came out 20 years ago and the artwork is as crap now as it was then. I appreciate Stern are probably working to a strict licence but ...

16BF117A-74C7-4E62-9828-4369E04882FF (resized).jpg16BF117A-74C7-4E62-9828-4369E04882FF (resized).jpg

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yeah, I noticed that. It's interesting shot, but overall, there's no layers built up on the playfield. It's just naked ramps, and that's about it.

He's not the King of Flow for nothing...

(Keep in mind that people argued exactly the opposite about GOT LE. It's like the guy can't win.)

#109 6 years ago

I have a feeling the color scheme was chosen for ambient lighting depending on mode ... look at the playfield ... they have inserts for Endor, Hoth, and Tatooine ... I'll bet the GI lights change depending on mode. To pull that off, you need lighter colors to reflect the ambient light. Solid black (space) wouldn't work.

#110 6 years ago

The thing about Star Trek was that until they code was updated players got bored but later it became a solid game even on secondary markets. If the call outs are great and the video clips engaging maybe with the right code it could help it rise above its lackluster playfield and outside art.

#111 6 years ago

At least it's the old characters and not the new ones!

#112 6 years ago

Looks very safe from a layout perspective, but I'm sure it will shoot and flow like a dream. Nothing really overly creative or innovative, just fast and flowy.

The art though...that art is terrible. It looks like a homebrew game where the only tool available was Photoshop.

The premium looks the best. If it plays as well as I expect it to, I could be in the market for a premium on the secondhand market in a few months to a year.

#113 6 years ago

Love the theme, but I had hopes of a well integrated third flipper. I'm pretty set on not buying a game unless there is a third flipper (and not some silly miniplayfield add-on that only lets me bash a couple of targets.)

#114 6 years ago

Needs a nice bit of bling around that lockdown bar button, looks abit of an after thought without anything around it to dress it up a little like previous games with a lock button, only a small thing that can be improved added.

#115 6 years ago

I have a ton of sympathy for how hard it can be to work with art on licensed titles now, I can't criticize that stuff anymore. It's disappointing, but that's part and parcel with the reality of working with these big studios these days. It's a miracle Ghost Busters had the freedom it did.

But overall it basically looks like what anyone would expect a Stern Star Wars game to look like if you just keep your expectations in line with what they always do. Art is what it is, basic fan layout, couple plastic toys, same old three models.

I'm sure it will be fun and smooth, and with good rules could be a good game. But speaking as a giant Star Wars nerd there's nothing here to excite me.

Just see where it goes from here, these days you're an idiot to get Stern games early, so no rush. If I play one and it's rad then great.

#116 6 years ago

Still better than any translite shown.

lando (resized).jpglando (resized).jpg

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Thank the maker!

Bless the Maker and His water.
Bless the coming and going of Him.
May His passage cleanse the world.
May He keep the world for His people.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

that crown was taken away from him a few years ago.

I am happy to see he can make another game with visible outlanes...

No Fear fan layout is some of Steve Ritchies best work, so if he is going to reuse something form the past, he picked his best game to date!!!

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

(Keep in mind that people argued exactly the opposite about GOT LE. It's like the guy can't win.)

Layers doesn't necessarily mean multiple/mini playfields. Just that the game looks like it has some depth to it. Like DESW. Or Stargate, even.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#120 6 years ago

I do kind of wish Ritchie would cool it with the giant rounded triangle things everywhere

#121 6 years ago

Can someone please make a mod to attach to the ramps by Han and Luke's blasters that says "Pew! Pew!" with the Batman66 style graphic starburst.

#122 6 years ago

itsa (resized).jpgitsa (resized).jpg

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from j69:

Jesus, SWT came out 20 years ago and the artwork is as crap now as it was then. I appreciate Stern are probably working to a strict licence but ...

SWT looks more packed but maybe that's the super busy art collage

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that crown was taken away from him a few years ago.

By who?

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Careful, you might hurt Fynnibus's feelings if you criticize the masses!

#126 6 years ago

Looks fun. I want a Premium.

#127 6 years ago

Glad I don't even remotely care about this theme!

Enjoy!

#128 6 years ago

Oh Christ, you had to feed him didn't you? He's on a crusade to sell Full Throttle as the greatest flowing game Ever!

#129 6 years ago

Who is doing the code on this one?

#130 6 years ago

The lower playfield has the same exact clip art as the DVD release.

#131 6 years ago

Dave Sanders!

FullT and now Aliens. The guy knows flow better than anyone.

#132 6 years ago

Pinball is passing me by. Can't hang with any more has been themes.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Sir Dwight.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

I'm just glad Billy Dee Williams made the play field.

Glad to see he's keeping busy. Hopefully he knows how to lay down a good clear coat and keep inserts from ghosting.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Dwight

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Oh Christ, you had to feed him didn't you? He's on a crusade to sell Full Throttle as the greatest flowing game Ever!

oh christ. You still have never even played the game and cant comprehend that despite your distaste for the theme, it is a flow monster

#137 6 years ago

I wish if they were going to break news they could at least have all the usual playfield photos and stuff available to us.

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pinball is passing me by. Can't hang with any more has been themes.

More correctly, it seems you're passing pinball by.

#139 6 years ago

So a Death Star that does something, and a dropdown bank under the mini LCD kinda like AFM? Seems like there should be more interactive stuff with this.

#140 6 years ago

The hate grows strong with pinside LOL.

Look at it from a different perspective - the shots and layout looks sweet. Long shots with fast returns. It's gonna shoot like a dream. Cant see the inserts, but the overall insert matrix definitely looks great with a lot going on.

Do you want amazing art with a shitty layout or an amazing pin with typical license art? We havent gotten the HD pics yet, bet the game looks better in person.

Can't wait to see HD pics and video....then see the hate turn a 180 and let the force flow back into you all

#141 6 years ago

Oh my...

I don't know what I was expecting, but this is NOT it.

#142 6 years ago

sw (resized).JPGsw (resized).JPG

#143 6 years ago

The Premium playfield looks great with all the wireform, but the Pro seems very cheap, with the straight plastic ramps.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

At first glance, it kinda looks like one of Spooky's layouts with some added ramps/wireforms.

That's exactly what I thought, reminds me of the Jetsons when I first saw that playfield. But I'll reserve judgement until I play it, I really like a lot of Steve Ritchie's pins so it could be awesome.

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Pinside is already bitching!

I hear they are stoked over at the basket weaving forums.. you should check that out!

#146 6 years ago

i think the pics are spoiling how it looks - i think its better than those pics show.

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

FullT and now Aliens. The guy knows flow better than anyone.

I've played FullT several times, and played Aliens at TPF..... If the FullT's I played were better set up with stronger flippers it would've been more than fine in the flow department but that wasn't my actual experience.

Aliens is clunky as hell man IMO, but that's what happens when you have a design change hands halfway through.

#148 6 years ago

Disappointing at first glance, but there is some interesting things going on here in the Premium/LE models. Where the F is Chewie and C3PO though???? Not in any rush to buy this one. LE has the weakest art, Premium the best. What's up with that LE backglass? The game may be fun, but it looks awfully barren. Better pucker yourself up for pricing.

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

oh christ. You still have never even played the game and cant comprehend that despite your distaste for the theme, it is a flow monster

What the hell are you talking about you loon? I have played it dozens of times. I had Andrew hard selling me at expo while explaining rules when it first came out. I don't think I have ever said anything about ft on pinside. You just flat out make things up. How many times do you have to be wrong on stuff?

#150 6 years ago

Betcha it will end up being a good game, look at GOT, fugly, but still fun, I bet it shoots good and theme sounds and layout and code make up for the mediocre art.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/3?hl=tux and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.