8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 150.
#1901 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't think it'll be much of an issue. I never noticed the cross-habitrail on Congo that went right over the lower playfield window, and I never notice it on Funhouse or WOZ when the ball is in the middle of the playfield. Your eye kind of looks past it.

Never bothered me on BF either. Maybe this will be like the racetrack feed ramp on Nascar? The ball on that game starts to fly around real quick.

#1902 6 years ago

$1100 more for LE over Premium for 2 signatures and 2 extra translites and lollipop rails. Plus powder coat.

#1903 6 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Also why are the Turbo Lasers coming from the Star Destroyer green on the Premium?

Because they are green in the opening sceen of A New Hope.

#1904 6 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

It's supposed to mimic the floor in the Falcon...

I think that's a stretch. Looks more like the Imperial walls to me. How often do we see the floor of the Falcon? Never once noticed that same design in the movies. Doesn't mean it's not there, but it's definitely more recognizable as Imperial walls.

#1905 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

This is where I'm at, but I do like the head art on the premium better. Just give me a pro cabinet with premium head and features. Perfect.

Wait for the Star Wars Vault Edition then...

I'm happy with the looks and will be getting a premium...

#1906 6 years ago

It would have been better if the wire ramp was between the flippers and apron space.
Better to keep flippers clear of anything instructing the view( like NASCAR)

#1907 6 years ago

I know there has discussion that the lockdown bar button does not have trim around it. You can see in the video there are holes that it would mount to. I assume the trim was not ready for the video yet.

#1908 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i got my last one for 75$ delivered from my distributor.

Just talking out my ass, as usual.

#1909 6 years ago
Quoted from DSL_:

Wait for the Star Wars Vault Edition then...
I'm happy with the looks and will be getting a premium...

You miss read my post then. I like the premium, just prefer the lower cab art on the pro. A few posts up I stated the art looked good on all.

#1910 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just read that the game will feature 16 modes, 1 wizard mode and 9 multiball modes! Yes! Also, 400 clips from the original trilogy.
Bummer about no real backglass on LE. Ridiculous.

There are 16 modes but like SM ant ST you are doing the same mode over and over 9 multiball

#1911 6 years ago

High-resolution playfield shots here - nice to see the illustrative quality of the artwork up close.

pfscompared-1496716277747 (resized).jpegpfscompared-1496716277747 (resized).jpeg

#1912 6 years ago

I really hope there's more to the video mode than "pound the action button". TONS of opportunity for an amazing video mode. IE: tie fighter flying around, in and out of your target sights. Maybe you would have to have great timing while playing multiballs. If this is a pound fest like track-and-field arcade...

Having said that, I am stoked about the 9 different multiballs modes and think the LCD looks amazing.
Overall, looks cool.

#1913 6 years ago

Looks like fun to me!

#1915 6 years ago

It's close, but with the white it looks like the walls in the Death Star.

Floor (resized).jpgFloor (resized).jpg

#1916 6 years ago

Kind of underwhelming so far but I think that has to deal with the way they're releasing this with info trickling out.

The IGN slideshow is crap.

Need a decent gameplay video stat.

#1917 6 years ago

Hand-drawn art, but it's just a hand-drawn version of the same lunchbox, DVD case, and coloring book figures we've seen for 40 years now. We've seen that image of Han or Luke holding out that blaster since the very first merchandise started coming out. If they were going to draw something, why not draw anything new? I'm super confused by that.

The game looks fun, but it's still a massive disappointment on the art front. Premium looks the way to go still. Pro is lacking too much. The pro is really stripped down by comparison from what is already a fairly lean package.

In Steve Ritchie we trust, but man, can't someone give the guy a decent art package?

#1918 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

$1100 more for LE over Premium for 2 signatures and 2 extra translites and lollipop rails.

It looks like all the armor is powder coated gloss black on the LE.

But yea, they should have thrown in a shaker on the LE and then it would have been a little more bang for the buck.

#1919 6 years ago

Pro = $6,199
Premium = $7,899
LE = $8,999

(per Stern's site)

#1920 6 years ago

so 800 total le models correct?

#1921 6 years ago

They finally added a subwoofer lineout! All models have color cordinated light shows with GIs also.

#1922 6 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

Pro = $6,199
Premium = $7,899
LE = $8,999
(per Stern's site)

So street should be around $5200, $6,800, $8000, right? Isn't street price usually about $1000 off?

#1923 6 years ago

Looking more neat now. I'm starting to dig some of the features.

I might be in for a pro if I can wiggle a way to afford one.

#1924 6 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

It's close, but with the white it looks like the walls in the Death Star.

Uh...that's a picture from the Millennium Falcon. The hexagonal opening is the same as in the pictue I posted. That was a picture from between shots when they were fixing the warp drive...

#1925 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

So street should be around $5200, $6,800, $8000, right? Isn't street price usually about $1000 off?

Would be great to know to make sure my distro is in line with the rest. What were AS premiums going for?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1926 6 years ago

I really thought I'd buy a SW LE whenever they were announced, but I'm just not seeing enough there to go over a premium. I think I'll get the premium and have some fun adding my own lighted side rails, etc.

#1927 6 years ago

IMG_4095 (resized).JPGIMG_4095 (resized).JPG

IMG_4096 (resized).JPGIMG_4096 (resized).JPG

IMG_4095 (resized).JPGIMG_4095 (resized).JPG

IMG_4096 (resized).JPGIMG_4096 (resized).JPG

#1928 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Anyone notice that the premium description states 2 LCDs while the pro says nothing about another LCD? Ugh.

Just no LCD on the play-field for pro. LCD on the back-glass still.

#1929 6 years ago

Looks like the GI is colour changing but doesn't seem like it's full RGB.

"Dramatic zoned red, white and blue general illumination LED's under plastics"

Would be cool if they can somehow get the lighting to reflect the mode your in, so red/orange/yellow for Tatooine modes, Blue and Whites for Hoth, Greens, Brown & Blues for Endor and White with some strobe or flickering effects for Dearh Star modes (don't think purple would be that menacing lol)

#1930 6 years ago

Even Gary is laughing at the pin. Look at that Evil laugh in the background.

Screenshot 2017-06-07 01.37.29 (resized).pngScreenshot 2017-06-07 01.37.29 (resized).png

#1931 6 years ago

Pinball Magazine just received the first detailed photos of Stern's Star Wars Pro. Also see the upcoming Pinball Magazine Newsletter that will go out later today.

Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-02sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-02sm (resized).jpg
Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-05sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-05sm (resized).jpg
Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-06sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-06sm (resized).jpg
Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-07sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-07sm (resized).jpg
Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-09sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-09sm (resized).jpg
Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-10 sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-10 sm (resized).jpg
Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-11sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-11sm (resized).jpg
Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-12SM (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-12SM (resized).jpg
Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-14 sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-14 sm (resized).jpg
Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-08sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-08sm (resized).jpg
Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-15sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-15sm (resized).jpg

#1932 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Street will be $6900 Premium, $8100 LE plus shipping.

#1933 6 years ago

I think its going to be similar to Tron in that its going to be a little underwhelming (for many) bone stock, but once the right mods are added it will shine up nicely. Add some ships, replace the cheap looking pop caps, some other items yet to be thought of and it will look good. The real down side is that its starting out with a much higher price.

#1934 6 years ago

I like the main backglass LCD images but I wonder if it will be hard to read while playing.

#1935 6 years ago

Pinball Magazine just received the first detailed photos of Stern's Star Wars Premium / LE. Also see the upcoming Pinball Magazine Newsletter that will go out later today.

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-01sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-LE-Detail-01sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-02sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-LE-Detail-02sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-03sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-LE-Detail-03sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-04sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-LE-Detail-04sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-07sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-LE-Detail-07sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-05sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-LE-Detail-05sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-08sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-LE-Detail-08sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-10sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-LE-Detail-10sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-11sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-LE-Detail-11sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-13sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-LE-Detail-13sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-15sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-LE-Detail-15sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-06sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-LE-Detail-06sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-17sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-LE-Detail-17sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-16sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-LE-Detail-16sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-12sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-LE-Detail-12sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-18sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-LE-Detail-18sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-20sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-LE-Detail-20sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-19sm (resized).jpgStern-StarWars-LE-Detail-19sm (resized).jpg

#1936 6 years ago

i'm surprised the tie fighter and the lcd screen is there on the PF.

battle scene on the back panel PF of the pro looks more interesting.
plastic are different on the pro (slingshot) chewie and c3p0 looks better in my opinion.
no ball save gate on the pro, no biggie, i guess it's virtual on the pro since the insert is there.

#1937 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Street will be $6900 Premium, $8100 LE plus shipping.

Whoah, they are tacking shipping onto things now? Dang.

#1938 6 years ago

So does the deathstar on the Pro open up? It looks like it does something in the pictures above from pinball magazine. Has a door and looks like it splits in pictures?

#1939 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

So does the deathstar on the Pro open up? It looks like it does something in the pictures above from pinball magazine. Has a door and looks like it splits in pictures?

My guess is they just made the same model for both, and only the Premium and LE have the mechs inside to open it up, since it looks pretty sealed with no gaps.

#1940 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I think its going to be similar to Tron in that its going to be a little underwhelming (for many) bone stock, but once the right mods are added it will shine up nicely. Add some ships, replace the cheap looking pop caps, some other items yet to be thought of and it will look good. The real down side is that its starting out with a much higher price.

I agree - needs new pop caps, new playfield LCD bezel, side art and maybe some fancy EL type lighting on the ramps.

I wish the tie fighter was darth vader's tie fighter and could spin when you blew up the death star (in addition to wiggling).

#1941 6 years ago

Matrix says LE and
Premium have different plastics?

plastics (resized).pngplastics (resized).png

#1942 6 years ago

New style "EZ Slide" service rails too.

#1943 6 years ago

So, no Yoda on any model?

#1944 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

My guess is they just made the same model for both, and only the Premium and LE have the mechs inside to open it up, since it looks pretty sealed with no gaps.

Did you look at pinball magazine pictures of Pros deathstar, its not sealed and has a door. Could there be a diverter behind the Pros deathstar from left ramp and locks the balls in Deathstar then opens the door on deathstar to drop balls onto playfield during a multiball?

#1945 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

They finally added a subwoofer lineout! All models have color cordinated light shows with GIs also.

The really re-added it. Spike 1 had it.

#1946 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

New style "EZ Slide" service rails too.

I hope this means no more slam to put the playfield back in. That would be really nice.

#1947 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I wish the tie fighter was darth vader's tie fighter and could spin when you blew up the death star (in addition to wiggling).

Yes, that would have been really cool. It's difficult to stomach a 6-8k game with a bobble tie fighter. But that's what it is. There seems like there could be a way to improve this.

#1948 6 years ago

What's the production schedule?

#1949 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I hope this means no more slam to put the playfield back in. That would be really nice.

Yea, it's dumb that 1990s BLY/WMS games still have better rails than Stern. Hopefully they are similar now.

#1950 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The really re-added it. Spike 1 had it.

I thought that was just a headphone jack on Spike 1

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Palm Springs, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/39?hl=billpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.