8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 150.
#1701 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Any video yet?

Not yet..otherwise we would already be at page #141

#1702 6 years ago

Way back on an earlier page someone said Stern told them PR release of better images etc would be on the 6th, so assuming that's true won't be anything until tomorrow.

#1703 6 years ago

I wonder how soon dead flip knows a streaming date.

#1704 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Way back on an earlier page someone said Stern told them PR release of better images etc would be on the 6th, so assuming that's true won't be anything until tomorrow.

That's what my dist. said as well.

#1705 6 years ago

Where's the video everyone is talking about?

#1706 6 years ago

The only video was a short whiteboard on a stars Wars blog last week. Here are avouple of screen shots. I wonder if the hyperdrive wire form in front the flippers will be a problem?

IMG_0771 (resized).PNGIMG_0771 (resized).PNG

IMG_0773 (resized).PNGIMG_0773 (resized).PNG

IMG_0776 (resized).PNGIMG_0776 (resized).PNG

IMG_0778 (resized).PNGIMG_0778 (resized).PNG

IMG_0781 (resized).PNGIMG_0781 (resized).PNG

IMG_0782 (resized).PNGIMG_0782 (resized).PNG

#1707 6 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

GoT-LE was the only game I ever sold at a loss. I see the same for richie's newest release.

Star Trek LEs dipped as low as $6K in the fall of 2014 (that's when I snatched one up) ... they're back up *around* what they sold for new. Of course, it won't sell instantly at a higher price like a Tron LE (as an example). I doubt I'll be selling it anytime soon ... my son would kill me . He's only three, but he's a scary three and is way too addicted to that game .

Overall, and please don't interpret this as an LE owner trying to hype their particular game (I'm not that petty), you need to treat a purchase of an LE as a "toy" vs. an investment. LEs will probably have decent collector value years from now. However, the 'instant spikes' you saw with previous LEs is more than likely a thing of the past. I'll be getting a Star Wars LE and couldn't care less what happens to the price (well, I wouldn't be angry if it spiked up to the infamous $10K by Christmas nor will I be happy if it plummets to 1/2 the purchase price by Christmas ... I'll just enjoy the damn thing and forget about those details ) ... this will be my first and likely last NIB purchase since I prefer used at a discount .

If you worry about the value of these things when you buy them, you shouldn't be buying NIB ... just get yourself 'player' versions of the games you enjoy on the secondary markets ... those tend to hold their value well. If the value of something is more your thing, you're going to make a lot more money buying and holding mutual funds over the long haul and getting excellent condition used pins .

#1708 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Clip art can be hand drawn. In fact when I think clip art first thing I think of is line drawings.
What Star Wars looks like to me, and obviously I'm only speculating, is that Stern had access to a library of Star Wars images, hand drawn images and whatever else, (remember, film images generally are pretty low rez for print use, actually taking a movie clip for your art is going to be pretty rare, or used for smaller stuff). They brought those images into Photoshop and collaged together a layout.
Like the end result or not that how I imagine it was actually assembled. So Photoshop, clip art, hand drawn, you can be all of those.

I have a former classmate who loves in Seattle and did a lot of artwork for LucasFilms. I am not sure how it works now that Disney has taken over, but based on the samples of the posters and artwork he has posted over the years, I am going to be at least part of what are on the SW games are images he produced. Hand-drawn, but Photoshopped in for sure. I dropped him a note to get his feelings on the artwork, although I am sure he is a bit biased. lol

#1709 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Star Trek LEs dipped as low as $6K in the fall of 2014 (that's when I snatched one up) ... they're back up *around* what they sold for new. Of course, it won't sell instantly at a higher price like a Tron LE (as an example). I doubt I'll be selling it anytime soon ... my son would kill me . He's only three, but he's a scary three and is way too addicted to that game .
Overall, and please don't interpret this as an LE owner trying to hype their particular game (I'm not that petty), you need to treat a purchase of an LE as a "toy" vs. an investment. LEs will probably have decent collector value years from now. However, the 'instant spikes' you saw with previous LEs is more than likely a thing of the past. I'll be getting a Star Wars LE and couldn't care less what happens to the price (well, I wouldn't be angry if it spiked up to the infamous $10K by Christmas nor will I be happy if it plummets to 1/2 the purchase price by Christmas ... I'll just enjoy the damn thing and forget about those details ) ... this will be my first and likely last NIB purchase since I prefer used at a discount .
If you worry about the value of these things when you buy them, you shouldn't be buying NIB ... just get yourself 'player' versions of the games you enjoy on the secondary markets ... those tend to hold their value well. If the value of something is more your thing, you're going to make a lot more money buying and holding mutual funds over the long haul and getting excellent condition used pins .

In general, LEs hold their value and slowly gain value over time. Sometimes they do dip below their initial price due to unfinished code (STLE) or gameplay issues not initially addressed (GoT, GB) or both (TWD, TH). But after those are resolved, the prices generally start creeping back up again.

Star Wars may have a slight advantage due to the theme - just look at the price of DESW right now.

#1710 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

In general, LEs hold their value and slowly gain value over time. Sometimes they do dip below their initial price due to unfinished code (STLE) or gameplay issues not initially addressed (GoT, GB) or both (TWD, TH). But after those are resolved, the prices generally start creeping back up again.
Star Wars may have a slight advantage due to the theme - just look at the price of DESW right now.

Check out the price of a DESW with a signed translite!

#1711 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I have a former classmate who loves in Seattle and did a lot of artwork for LucasFilms. I am not sure how it works now that Disney has taken over, but based on the samples of the posters and artwork he has posted over the years, I am going to be at least part of what are on the SW games are images he produced. Hand-drawn, but Photoshopped in for sure. I dropped him a note to get his feelings on the artwork, although I am sure he is a bit biased. lol

Nice, must be funny for your friend to see his artwork pop up on all kinds of crazy Star Wars merch. If he is OK with you sharing, it would be fun to hear this thoughts on the playfield design.

#1712 6 years ago

Does anyone have any guesses on how the Death Star will function on the LE/Premium? I assume that the normal function will be that balls will pass through it and return to the left inlane but when you lock a ball maybe the ball is diverted below and physically locked in the horseshoe? Since it appears that there is a video mode that starts in the horseshoe there must be something that pops up and holds the ball? It's either that or some kind of pop up ramp that allows you to shoot the death star from below? Either way, we should know tomorrow once more pics are shared!

#1713 6 years ago

I blame Niftyled for this shit storm.

#1714 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Check out the price of a DESW with a signed translite!

Heh - I remember that thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/signed-de-star-wars-estimated-value

#1715 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

just look at the price of DESW right now.

I *really* want to like the DE Star Wars machine. I've passed on so many over the years. I never thought in a million years it'd be worth what it's going for these days. Like Star Wars Trilogy, it's missing something (to me) and I never felt like there were enough bangs for the bucks spent ... there were always better machines to snatch up. That's just my opinion though ... the market clearly thinks otherwise .

If this Stern SW is a dog, the value of DESW is going to go even higher over the long haul. I can't picture the new one being worse that SWT. This will more than likely be the last time you see a pinball with a Star Wars theme that is original trilogy only, so one of the two will be crowned "best" over the course of the next year or so .

#1716 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I *really* want to like the DE Star Wars machine. I've passed on so many over the years. I never thought in a million years it'd be worth what it's going for these days. Like Star Wars Trilogy, it's missing something (to me) and I never felt like there were enough bangs for the bucks spent ... there were always better machines to snatch up. That's just my opinion though ... the market clearly thinks otherwise .
If this Stern SW is a dog, the value of DESW is going to go even higher over the long haul.

Just put a PinSound board in a DE SW, and you will be completely overjoyed.
The difference is worth the $350, and a quite a bit cheaper than spending $8000.
The DE SW will increase regardless of the success or failure of Stern new title, simply as a result of being "Star Wars".
WMS IJ:TBA went way up after Stern released their version in 2008, and people realized what they bought.
I am not trying to start a comparison...yet.

#1717 6 years ago

This game would have to be shittier than any game Stern has released since Striker Extreme to be as bad as DESW.

#1718 6 years ago

Hmmm let's think. A Star Wars Pro in Stereo with Spike sound quality with LCD or a Data East Star Wars with a pin sound board for $5200? Hmmmmmm. That's a tough one!!!! Said no one.

#1719 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Nice, must be funny for your friend to see his artwork pop up on all kinds of crazy Star Wars merch. If he is OK with you sharing, it would be fun to hear this thoughts on the playfield design.

I know he did several licensed posters and movie bills, etc. I have no idea how many artists they employ to do that type of work, but a very talented guy. He actually worked with Harrison Ford on the set of Extraordinary Measures.

s0 (resized).jpgs0 (resized).jpg
s2 (resized).jpgs2 (resized).jpg
s1 (resized).jpgs1 (resized).jpg
s3 (resized).jpgs3 (resized).jpg
s5 (resized).jpgs5 (resized).jpg
s4 (resized).jpgs4 (resized).jpg
s8 (resized).jpgs8 (resized).jpg
s9 (resized).jpgs9 (resized).jpg

#1720 6 years ago

starwars (resized).jpgstarwars (resized).jpg

#1721 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Riggs hasn't done any maiden art in 25 years right?

8 years.

10539736 (resized).jpg10539736 (resized).jpg

#1722 6 years ago

You e come up with some randomly funny stuff lately.

#1723 6 years ago

For a guy that works for SolidWorks, like me, this is a fantastic image:

SSWSW (resized).pngSSWSW (resized).png

#1724 6 years ago

C3PeeO? That's a big toilet paper dispenser.

C3PeeO (resized).jpgC3PeeO (resized).jpg

#1725 6 years ago

He needed TP for his VUK hole

#1726 6 years ago

Going to need 4 rollover Cliffys on the Premium\LE for the in and out lanes. It looks like the habitrails dump the ball right on top of them. How's that for jumping ahead?

#1727 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You ve come up with some randomly funny stuff lately.

C'mon, Starwars crap is my thing.

I did not name my firstborn Vader Jones for nothing.

#1728 6 years ago

Christmas in the Stars (resized).jpgChristmas in the Stars (resized).jpg

#1729 6 years ago

R-7762210-1448238271-2416.jpeg (resized).jpgR-7762210-1448238271-2416.jpeg (resized).jpg

#1730 6 years ago

IMG_0185 (resized).JPGIMG_0185 (resized).JPG

#1731 6 years ago

R-394205-1229691058.jpeg (resized).jpgR-394205-1229691058.jpeg (resized).jpg

#1732 6 years ago

100% real:

R-1581725-1230031034.jpeg (resized).jpgR-1581725-1230031034.jpeg (resized).jpg

#1733 6 years ago

IMG_0189 (resized).JPGIMG_0189 (resized).JPG

#1734 6 years ago

That pose reminded me of this flyer / ad....

pose (resized).pngpose (resized).png

#1735 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

That pose reminded me of this flyer / ad....

Check out those "hammer toes!"

#1736 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That cover is the inspiration for that scene in Superbad.

#1737 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That cover is the inspiration for that scene in Superbad.

This scene .... ?

Suxbad-3-menti-sopra-il-pelo-Immagini-dal-film-36_mid (resized).jpgSuxbad-3-menti-sopra-il-pelo-Immagini-dal-film-36_mid (resized).jpg

#1738 6 years ago

I think many people might have missed your post, but you made me laugh. Now, I can't get Bill Murray out of my head "Star Wars...beautiful Star Wars...."

star wars (resized).jpgstar wars (resized).jpg

#1739 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What are you talking about? I've got 4 pairs of these on my games and they are perfect AND there's no stupid screw holes in the curved part.

I was referring to the "button" holes not screw holes. As well it was several years ago when I bought them. However, it sounds like I had a bad batch or early version. I am glad to know they are good now.

#1740 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I have this record

#1741 6 years ago

I take back my first reaction to the artwork. I am loving it now! Vadar and Obi Wan back to back... nice art on the back panel too. Love the look and can feel the force flowing through me as I defeat the Death Star... I can see a dark and scary themed Death Star multiball with the Imperial March blaring while light sabers and blasters explode as shots are made. This game has got to be great! Can't wait for my LE but understand delivery is later summer or early fall. May the pinball force be with you... always!

IMG_3339 (resized).JPGIMG_3339 (resized).JPG

IMG_3340 (resized).JPGIMG_3340 (resized).JPG

#1742 6 years ago

I'm really starting to like the art as well. I think the only section I don't like are the four main characters above the flippers front and center. Might look better in reality. I just noticed admiral Ackbar on the left pop bumper cap on the Pro - I mean come on, that's awesome. Looks like lando on the premium, not as good there, imo, lol.

As for toys, since there is an insert for "Tie fighter" pointing to the stand-up and the tie model, any chance that Tie fighter moves when hit like the Vengeance in ST?. Seems cool if so.

Am I the only one that likes the look of the one-piece Death Star model on the Pro? The splitting model on the premium doesn't look to fit together all that well on the couple images of the premium...

Hoping we see full details on this tomorrow, really looking forward to more info.

#1743 6 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I'm really starting to like the art as well. I think the only section I don't like are the four main characters above the flippers front and center. Might look better in reality. I just noticed admiral Ackbar on the left pop bumper cap on the Pro - I mean come on, that's awesome. Looks like lando on the premium, not as good there, imo, lol.
As for toys, since there is an insert for "Tie fighter" pointing to the stand-up and the tie model, any chance that Tie fighter moves when hit like the Vengeance in ST?. Seems cool if so.
Am I the only one that likes the look of the one-piece Death Star model on the Pro? The splitting model on the premium doesn't look to fit together all that well on the couple images of the premium...
Hoping we see full details on this tomorrow, really looking forward to more info.

And Lando on the LE left pop, Yoda on the right one. I am just hoping for some "juwte juwte" stormtrooper laser sounds.

#1744 6 years ago

I'm really hoping the lighting follows Star Trek, GOT & KISS with full color changing inserts.

It's a real shame that Stern has gotten away from that. Star Trek, GOT & KISS all look great with it. They really missed the boat with Ghostbusters, would've been cool to see the lights all go green when you're slimed or all pink for the river of slime.

#1745 6 years ago

Do you think they will include anything from the Star Wars Holiday Special?

As full disclosure I have tried watching this but I always tap out about 15 minutes into it.

View at your own discretion.

#1746 6 years ago

Down vote for even mentioning that holiday special

#1747 6 years ago

Pinside cycle of acceptance. Someone have fun modding this to match up with Pinside and pinball

IMG_1853 (resized).PNGIMG_1853 (resized).PNG

#1748 6 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Do you think they will include anything from the Star Wars Holiday Special?
As full disclosure I have tried watching this but I always tap out about 15 minutes into it.
View at your own discretion.
» YouTube video

I hope we at least get a mode where you have to make successive shots to "stir, whip, stir, whip, whip-whip-stir!"

#1750 6 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

The solid mold is always going to look better but I'd much prefer the less aesthetic working toy than a molded plastic that just lights up.
Its like the safe on sopranos. It doesn't close properly and looks crap but you dont really notice after a while and much prefer the mechanism of it opening and closing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.