8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 150.
#1351 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It was insane.
We looked though some "binoviewers" that allow you to view with both eyes for a stereo effect.
It seems you **see** a lot more detail when you use both eyes.
We probably spent a hour observing different parts of the Veil, it had so much texture.

Did you see sights like the one you posted? I couldn't even imagine seeing that

#1352 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

How can people say LE ordered ?
Did they announce production nrs?
Did they announce pricing ?
Did they announce delivery date?
I'm confused ?

It's the new trend of pre orders for the pre order. I'm torn whether or not to consider pre ordering for the pre order for an LE or hit the breaks and wait to play the game first before picking up a premium later. Decisions, decisions.

#1353 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

How can people say LE ordered ?
Did they announce production nrs?
Did they announce pricing ?
Did they announce delivery date?
I'm confused ?

People really are crazy when it comes to Pinball. It's amazing really. If I were Stern I'd keep cutting costs and raising prices. To hell with quality. People haven't stopped buying yet.

#1354 6 years ago

I just passed on my LE. Pay it forward.

#1355 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I just passed on my LE. Pay it forward.

I think you will be very happy with that decision in the long term.

#1356 6 years ago

Two days late to the party. Got through the first 6 pages and skipped to the last - this 'looks' like total crap. Based on pics only this is very underwhelming visually and lacking creativity. Lots of shots to make does make me happy. Better play amazing for those who bailed on Alien so they could pick this up instead. Is there a $ put to the different variations?

#1357 6 years ago

I don't understand what all the hate is about? I won't be buying because I'm not a SW fan but I see nothing to complain about with this game. First off nobody has even seen the gameplay yet but it looks like it could be a lot of fun to me just by looking at the pictures. I think maybe people wanted the same type of artwork that is on Aerosmith and maybe that is why they are pissed. Star Wars definitely doesn't look as good as AS but what game does? I don't think the artwork is bad on this game at all truthfully and if I was a SW fan I would definitely own this game. This is a Steve Ritchie game folks, it's going to be fast and fun as hell I guarantee it! This game here is going to show you why they call Steve the King of flow just wait and see!

#1358 6 years ago

I'm glad Stern finally is making use of LCD screens and this franchise should make easy use of them. I've made the mistake of judging several other titles before Ive played them so I'll do the same here. It looks like there is a lot of potential for fun in this one.

#1359 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Some distributors have sold places in line, essentially. No official orders have been placed.

I have been told by my distro late July for US LE delivery. Right now, it seems they are going out crank out as many AC/DC Pro Vaults as possible, then switch to SW production and only make those two titles until after expo. Still on the fence for the LE. I will decide on 6/6.

#1360 6 years ago

I'm going to call this feature:

When this clip pops up on the LCD screen... you will hear that zzzzzz lightning scene and the ball will seem like it gets zapped with the magnets underneath the playfield .

latest (resized).jpglatest (resized).jpg

#1361 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I took a look at the Premium\LE playfield pic and it looks like Yoda is on the right-most pop probably for the LE. A stormtrooper is on the middle pop as well it looks like. I cannot make out the one on the left pop, although it's different than the Pro which has Admiral Akbar on the left-most pop.

Yeah something needs to be made for that area it looks pretty bare, I guess it depends what the pops represent in the game - whats shown on the LCD tied to the pops, but I was hoping for something like in GB a model of something over the pops like Endor or an AT-AT.

#1362 6 years ago

I predict this will be the most modded game in pinball history. Callouts, sound fx, music tracks, video clips, lighting, toys, translite art....you name it, each and every game will be unique to it's owner.

#1363 6 years ago

In the middle of the night, I woke up to take a piss and realized that I was also relieved that there weren't giant Disney logos plastered all over this game.

#1364 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

In the middle of the night, I woke up to take a piss and realized that I was also relieved that there weren't giant Disney logos plastered all over this game.

Speaking of I'm very excited for Disney's Star Wars Land ! If Pandora / Avatar Land is any indication as to their attention the detail Star Wars land is going to be incredible.

SWThemedLand (resized).jpgSWThemedLand (resized).jpg

#1365 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I'm going to call this feature:
When this clip pops up on the LCD screen... you will hear that zzzzzz lightning scene and the ball will seem like it gets zapped with the magnets underneath the playfield .

no need for that sound effect, the stern flippers buzz already

#1366 6 years ago

Crazy times we live in - Stern has better artists than Disney

I mean, who would have thought 6 years ago that we would be sad that Disney artists did the hand drawn art instead of the Stern troops

#1367 6 years ago

Thanks Vid. That's a great forum. I think I just found their version of LTG. I recently bought an entry level telescope for my youngest son's 10th birthday and found some really helpful threads.

Quoted from vid1900:

SkyPuke, Dark_Nebula, and StarLord - sadly, all currently banned

Hilarious! You are the Astonomy Outlaw.

#1368 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Speaking of I'm very excited for Disney's Star Wars Land ! If Pandora / Avatar Land is any indication as to their attention the detail Star Wars land is going to be incredible.

A) Pandora is amazing, the Banshee ride is incredible.
B) There are no Disney logos in Pandora either.

#1369 6 years ago

Any DISTROS with an LE "slot" for SALE ??

Please send me a PM

$$$ on the READY

Thx - Rob

#1370 6 years ago
Quoted from oktobernv:

Any DISTROS with an LE "slot" for SALE ??
Please send me a PM
$$$ on the READY
Thx - Rob

Please call a distributor. Do not post this here. I doubt you get any PMs from them. Game exchange in CO. Tilt in OH, cointaker in PA, and my new favorite, Hemisphere Amusements! Haha

#1371 6 years ago

Your welcome anytime. New gameroom almost done. Just let me know. Pinball is sooo much fun!!!

#1372 6 years ago

Looking at the playfield again, I think they should have followed suit with AS and Houdini with a ball launch mech. Maybe an X-wing fighter down at the bottom like the Batwing on BF (mech already exists and could have been easily duplicated), that shot up into the Death Star once it split open for multiball. A little challenging, but THAT would have been AWESOME. Like I said before...there were just so many possibilities.

#1373 6 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I predict this will be the most modded game in pinball history. Callouts, sound fx, music tracks, video clips, lighting, toys, translite art....you name it, each and every game will be unique to it's owner.

Stern have the licence for the movie assets, so I would hope callouts, sound fx and music would be taken care of and awesome. Would also be beyond stupid with two LCD screens for the video assets to be weak, this has to be a massive consideration there end and be nothing short of excellent, otherwise why add a second LCD to begin with?

Dwight is doing the code so I am more than confident he will take care of the lighting and add some cool lighting effects, although there will probably be a million and one scoop light kits and unneccasry RGB lighting kits for the backboard, these are fairly standard now for every new game.

I agree though that I can see a lot of custom translites appearing and maybe custom art packages - I wouldn't be surprised if we see a playflied protect complete with art work like the old overlays used for restores. I already have better models that have a great level of detail and inbuilt LEDs of the Tie Fighter plus Darth Vaders Tie Fighter, X wing and Falcon.

#1374 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Maybe an X-wing fighter down at the bottom like the Batwing on BF (mech already exists and could have been easily duplicated), that shot up into the Death Star once it split open for multiball. A little challenging, but THAT would have been AWESOME. Like I said before...there were just so many possibilities.

Didn't SEGAs SWT have the X-Wing cannon (BF) mech? I agree there is so much else that could have been done, I am hoping that the 3bank under the playfield LCD is motorised, if not that will be massively disappointing. Game looks like it will flow like a dream but there just isn't much "in" the game.

#1375 6 years ago

So, since the rumors indicate that the art isn't the same on both sides, what do you all think will be the art on the opposite sides of each model?

#1376 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So, since the rumors indicate that the art isn't the same on both sides, what do you all think will be the art on the opposite sides of each model?

Pro, Empire on the side we can see & Rebellion on the opposite side?

Prem, Empire themed, as its Hoth we can see, I wouldn't mind Endor being on that side another memorable scene from the movies.

LE, maybe Boba Fett, Slave1 and Han in carbonite with Jabba, LE is Millenium/Han/Chewie focused so that would be cool.

#1377 6 years ago

Since art is the big discussion, these seem to be the best quality images I have seen so far, thought it might be worth posting them for better clarity.

0.jpg0.jpg

#1378 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Since art is the big discussion, these seem to be the best quality images I have seen so far, thought it might be worth posting them for better clarity.

Since Boba Fett is on the front of the LE, it would be awesome for the opposite side of the LE cabinet to have the bad guys.

#1379 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

LE, maybe Boba Fett, Slave1 and Han in carbonite with Jabba, LE is Millenium/Han/Chewie focused so that would be cool.

Quoted from kermit24:

Since Boba Fett is on the front of the LE, it would be awesome for the opposite side of the LE cabinet to have the bad guys.

Great minds think alike

Seems like a no brainer, Boba Fett, Carbonite & Jabba where a big part of Han's arc in the original trilogy, would be awesome to have that as the LE art.

#1380 6 years ago

I think the LE cabinet art looks like it should be the pro, and the PREM looks like it should be the LE artwork love me some AT-AT

#1381 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I think the LE cabinet art looks like it should be the pro, and the PREM looks like it should be the LE artwork love me some AT-AT

Grab a Prem, that's what I plan on doing, I thought I would be 100% in on an LE but for the extra $$ the LE art and side rails don't seem worth it to me. I will make my own side rails for my prem, themed around the artwork on the sides. I do love the Pro artwork though Stern absolutely nailed the artwork on the Pro.

#1382 6 years ago

I have pretty high ceilings, is this too big for a topper? And yes, I do own this, much to my wife's dismay...

IMG_2483 (resized).JPGIMG_2483 (resized).JPG

#1383 6 years ago

I was hoping the LE would have turned out a little more "special" but will wait and see
what it brings for features and better pics. Do like the Pro glass more but would settle on a Prem
down the road. I'm sure with SR's flow and integration with new LCD it will be a blast to play.
Just imagine if we were going to be looking at orange dots with this title. The LCD will bring
it together. As far as playfield the mod guys will have fun with this one.

#1384 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I agree though that I can see a lot of custom translites appearing and maybe custom art packages - I wouldn't be surprised if we see a playflied protect complete with art work like the old overlays used for restores.

I highly doubt anyone feels like doing a bunch of art work to get slapped with a cease and desist. Between Stern and Disney? No thanks.

#1385 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I highly doubt anyone feels like doing a bunch of art work to get slapped with a cease and desist. Between Stern and Disney? No thanks.

Well there are plenty of people already doing it, I wont mention names as some of those guys are bringing products to the hobby that a lot of people are in need of.

#1386 6 years ago

I pre ordered Steve's Next LE after Starwars Bwahahahaha Can't wait to get it

#1388 6 years ago

Let me know if music runs out before getting to the end.

Seems like sometimes it's getting cut off. Here's the intro script:

Pinball quality has vanished. In its absence, many new companies have risen from the ashes of the Empire and will not rest until Stern, the last real pinball manufacturer (yes that does read funny), has been usurped from their throne. With the support of the pinball community, pinside leads a brave RESISTANCE. They are desparate to find a new pinball company and gain their help in restoring quality, loaded features & toys (for the money), deep code, and sheer delight to the galaxy of pinball players.

It's a period of civil war. Striking from hidden bases, JJP and Spooky have won their first victories against the Stern Galactic Empire. During the battle, SkitB and Zidware dropped a grenade down their pants and imploded, spewing gental debree across the galaxy still being cleaned up, taking many pinsiders with them. It became a dark time for the Rebellion. Although a few victories could be claimed, Stern drove the Rebellion back producing games that left people scratching their heads in WWE and GOT. Quality issues and incomplete code in Kiss, Ghostbusters, and Batman 66 Super Dee Duper LE. But the pinball galaxy contnues to buy.

The evil (well not evil, but I'm sticking to the theme) Lord Stern, obessed with pushing back the Rebellion, launches Aerosmith pinball with LED screens and original art! Unlike Batman 66, this one actually is near complete and fun! Little does PInside know (again, sticking with theme) the Stern GALACTIC EMPIRE has secretly begun construction on a new title with LED, much more anticipated theme than Aerosmith or Batman. When completed, the ultimate weapon will spell certain doom for the small band of rebels struggling to restore pinball freedom to the galaxy.

Pinside has sent their most daring pilot on a secret mission across the internet, where clues were discovered (or released by someone other than Stern) on this new title design. The Empire is planning to release Star Wars pinball.

Turmoil has engulfed the Galactic Repulblic of Pinside. The aniticpated pricing, sparce layout and lack of toys & features is in dispute. Hoping to resolve the matter with a blockade of silence by Stern, the greedy Empire has announced blow out sales of past titles - at regular prices.

While the congress of Pinside endlessly debates this alarming chain of events, and who has bigger genitalia to stay in on an SW LE, JJP is dispatching Dialed In and Spooky prepares for Alice Cooper & Total Annihilation to settle the conflict.....

#1389 6 years ago

Someone who's skilled with Photoshop, please doctor up that premium with white armor and lollipop rails. I really want to see what the storm trooper edition would look like.

#1390 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

In the picture of Steve, Dwight, and sound guy you can sorta see the LEs right side of cabinet. Looks similar to the left side from what i can tell but is different. Instead of millennium falcon flying in deathstar it looks like a space battle sceen with falcon.

I dont see what the fuss is about the art. The iconic scenes by the flippers and above both outlanes for the modes, Darth and Obi with there lightsabers going up the orbits and deathstar between them for the mode, Emporor in the shadow, xwing scene, the Main cast and Falcon front and center all look great. Plus the cabnients all look great to and we havent seen both sides yet.

#1391 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Well there are plenty of people already doing it, I wont mention names as some of those guys are bringing products to the hobby that a lot of people are in need of.

I sugest they don't advertise it on Pinside, they will get contacted by Stern, I can promise you that.

#1392 6 years ago

I certainly hope they got Anthony Daniels for C-3PO custom callouts it makes sense for him to be the narrator of the game and you're playing as Luke.

#1393 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Truth be told, I would wear one too. That shirt is cool as shit....and I can surely deal with self-mockery.

I still have the art if you guys want to do another run.

#1394 6 years ago

@vid, a new found admiration for you. Didn't know you were into astronomy. It's my second passion as well along with pinball......both very xpnsive hobbies.
Trying to tie this into this thread....so far have not seen anything unexplained while looking through a scope (no SW related comings and goings).
Ps....you don't really see any color for the most part. But the veil nebula does look like that through an eyepiece.

#1395 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

People really are crazy when it comes to Pinball. It's amazing really. If I were Stern I'd keep cutting costs and raising prices. To hell with quality. People haven't stopped buying yet.

That would be a stupid strategy on their part

All JJP really needs is a consistent stream of GOOD titles

I'm very happy with every Stern pin I have. My ASLE PF is gorgeous and the clear is best on any pin I own. So it appears they have addressed that issue

Had JJP put out themes like GB, TWD, BM66, AC/DC, Met, ST, Star Wars, Aerosmith and Guardians of the Galaxy I'd be spending my $$$ there too

#1396 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

you don't really see any color for the most part.

The Orion Neb, Catseye, Ghost of Jupiter, Saturn Neb, The Ring, lots of color to be seen - you just need one of those crazy monster sized scopes (and some dark skies) to see it.

#1398 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You can see the other side of art for the LE in the picture featuring Steve and Dwight. I really can't tell what it is though. Hoping the premium is another really cool picture.

#1399 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The Orion Neb, Catseye, Ghost of Jupiter, Saturn Neb, The Ring, lots of color to be seen - you just need one of those crazy monster sized scopes (and some dark skies) to see it.

Have an 18" obsession and been to many dark skies (black/blue). You know what I mean re color.

#1400 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My ASLE PF is gorgeous and the clear is best on any pin I own. So it appears they have addressed that issue

I played my friend's pro and the PF's clear was really fantanstic...didn't expect that from Stern. Lol. It was 2x better than the MET and GoT next to it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 21.50
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.