8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 150.
#1301 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Please send me a link to that forum.

www.cloudynights.com

Quoted from Nevus:

What's your name on it?

SkyPuke, Dark_Nebula, and StarLord - sadly, all currently banned

#1302 6 years ago
Quoted from noahd42:

I agree. I like it a lot too - very much High Speed or a little Taxi.
For me, I'd say the premium has the best package though.

Maybe the LE backglass animates when going into light speed after the ball plunger is released?

cockpit (resized).JPGcockpit (resized).JPG

#1303 6 years ago

And its only a matter of time until someone makes a SW translight like this adult themed Flintstones.
Leia is positioned a bit low.....

Just saying.

sw2 (resized).JPGsw2 (resized).JPG

leia (resized).JPGleia (resized).JPG

#1304 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I will so buy 5 of them right now if they're available...Secret Santa gifts. Ice, what's your address?

Shoot it to me. I'll wear it!

#1305 6 years ago

If folks can say they like XYZ about this game then others can certainly say they dislike XYZ about it.

To say you've seen enough to like it while others have not seen enough to be disappointed is just weird considering we've all seen the same thing.

Simply put this game lacks the art of Aerosmith & the toys of Ghostbusters which is a turn off for some. Factor in how its a dream theme for perhaps the highest majority ever & disappointment occurs.

Several recent Stern games received very warm first impressions so Pinside is not full of Stern haters.

If I didn't know any better I'd think there's 799-800 people defending this game because they preordered it 2 years ago.

I will likely end up with one eventually because its pinball & star wars. But... for me & my game room this title quickly went from being #1 priority to acquire next to #? priority

#1306 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If I didn't know any better I'd think there's 799-800 people defending this game because they preordered it 2 years ago.

0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpg

#1307 6 years ago

Deathstar locks the balls? This may be pretty cool.

#1308 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

my main gripe about the game is lack of features on the playfield

Panzer brother... The more things change the more they stay the same lol.

You and your "interactive toy count" kill me. You are like a F'n BOM pinball auditor I swear.

My will has strict instructions to put you in charge of selling my games for the wife. You would itemize the shit out of my TSPP features & sell it for a fortune.

#1309 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If folks can say they like XYZ about this game then others can certainly say they dislike XYZ about it.
To say you've seen enough to like it while others have not seen enough to be disappointed is just weird considering we've all seen the same thing.
Simply put this game lacks the art of Aerosmith & the toys of Ghostbusters which is a turn off for some. Factor in how its a dream theme for perhaps the highest majority ever & disappointment occurs.
Several recent Stern games received very warm first impressions so Pinside is not full of Stern haters.
I will likely end up with one eventually because its pinball & star wars. But... for me & my game room this title quickly went from being #1 priority to acquire next to #? priority

Wait, arent you contradicting yourself? If folks say they dislike XYZ about this game then others can certainly say they like XYZ about it, no?

And how can you say it lacks art when you havent seen high res definition pics of the detail? or how can you say it lacks toys when you havent seen them in action?

Im not in on an LE, PREM, or Pro...it just seems weird that Star Wars 'fans' who want this pin are so quick to write it off after how much success Steve Ritchie has had with his past few releases; and without seeing any high definition photos. It just doesnt make sense.

Im a star wars fan and have this on my radar; all im saying is be a little patient and give it a chance for when you actually see the press release from stern.

And yea, i know it sucks that stern let their juggernaut of a theme be leaked to the public via low res video quality; but let me play devils advocate for a minute. There has already been a lot of speculation, confirmed from distributors, that stern was purposely holding off releasing this title to boost sales of Aerosmith & ACDC. So here's my devils advocate thought: with delaying the release + allowing low res poor quality pics out into the open, you got XYZ buyers pulling out and buying Aerosmith, ACDC, TWD, GB, GOT, etc... instead. Then, stern releases high res pics, video, gameplay, and those X-Buyers are now like 'oh shit' i just bought Aerosmith and Star Wars looks amazing! F'it, im buying both - ill figure out the financing later....

#1310 6 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

And its only a matter of time until someone makes a SW translight like this adult themed Flintstones.
Leia is positioned a bit low.....
Just saying.

hahahah got to have Han getting brain from 3PO hhahahhaha

#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I wonder if the inside looping wire form will keep your ball locks physically looping around those wire-forms as you play and try to lock more balls, sort of like planets orbiting the sun...

This sounds like the type of guessing that plagued the hobbit. everyone had really cool ideas like yours, then the release comes and everyone was disappointed.

#1312 6 years ago

I have my topper ready!

IMG_0689 (resized).JPGIMG_0689 (resized).JPG
IMG_0684 (resized).JPGIMG_0684 (resized).JPG

IMG_0685 (resized).JPGIMG_0685 (resized).JPG

#1313 6 years ago

honestly, i'm not even surprised.
exactly what i expected about the artwork with a big license holder like disney. Actually i's not that bad and i really like the look of the pro.
typical SR fan layout with ramps, i have no doubt it's going to have a lot of flow/fast.
i'll bet the game will be like, start a mode and shoot the lit arrows to finish the mode and start the next one, that doesn't mean the game won't be fun to play.

personally i don't like the siderails. not sure i like the ramp loop in front of the flippers, guess will have to wait and see game play.
i'm surprised they did not removed the drops or the lcd on the PF on the pro version.
even with the wired ramps the PF looks empty on the premium/le, the ''cracked egg'' death star looks funny and cheap, is that worth 1.5k+ difference from the pro, absolutely not. A $5 millennium falcon removed on the pro, that's stern way of justifying the other versions.

will i buy one? probably (houdini looks great right now), a pro and mod the shit out of it.

i think it's cool to have another choice.
in a few weeks people will line up to buy it and it will be the best stern ever made...

#1314 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I have too.
I got to look through one of those 28" scopes before it got shipped out to a customer.

What were you looking at?

#1315 6 years ago

I hope the code lets me play as a stormtrooper. That way when I miss all the shots I can say that's what I was supposed to do.

#1316 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I hope the code lets me play as a stormtrooper. That way when I miss all the shots I can say that's what I was supposed to do.

Ok.. Ok... lol !

#1317 6 years ago

Stern sure has copied over the business format of exotic cars.

Put less in it and raise the Price!!

#1318 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

This would be a good mode idea!

#1319 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I love this about the Aerosmith rules and earning an extra ball.

#1320 6 years ago

If there is anything I've learned from this thread, it's that iceman is staying on the blocked list.

#1321 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wait, arent you contradicting yourself? If folks say they dislike XYZ about this game then others can certainly say they like XYZ about it, no?..

Thats exactly what I said tho. No contradiction occurring I assure you. Wait, are you messing with my head? Was that a Jedi mind trick? Lol

Quoted from PW79:

If folks can say they like XYZ about this game then others can certainly say they dislike XYZ about it

#1322 6 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Maybe the LE backglass animates when going into light speed after the ball plunger is released?

Lol..good grief, you'll be lucky if the fluorescent bulb behind it will even turn on. They even stripped the lollipop side rails from the Premium. How much does that save.......?

#1323 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

If there is anything I've learned from this thread, it's that iceman is staying on the blocked list.

I'd block you too but you are a knockerlover so it has get really bad.

#1324 6 years ago

I took a look at the Premium\LE playfield pic and it looks like Yoda is on the right-most pop probably for the LE. A stormtrooper is on the middle pop as well it looks like. I cannot make out the one on the left pop, although it's different than the Pro which has Admiral Akbar on the left-most pop.

#1325 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Lol..good grief, you'll be lucky if the fluorescent bulb behind it will even turn on. They even stripped the lollipop side rails from the Premium. How much does that save.......?

Good point.

I think the SW Premium would be the way to go on this pin. Then it could be made super custom. White powder coat> Stormtrooper armor. Or a Bounty Hunter themed pin in gun metal/ olive drab green powder coat. All with alternate translights. Even Vid's Slave Leia idea is interesting if made tastefully.

IMG_3414 (resized).JPGIMG_3414 (resized).JPG

IMG_3420 (resized).JPGIMG_3420 (resized).JPG

#1326 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

LEDs behind the translite on the last 6 titles.

#1327 6 years ago

Lolipops havent been on a premium for quite some time too.

#1328 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

ST the last one?

#1329 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Panzer brother... The more things change the more they stay the same lol.
You and your "interactive toy count" kill me. You are like a F'n BOM pinball auditor I swear.
My will has strict instructions to put you in charge of selling my games for the wife. You would itemize the shit out of my TSPP features & sell it for a fortune.

Lol! That gave me a good laugh

#1330 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

LEDs behind the translite on the last 6 titles.

Right on....because it's cheaper than a Fluorescent bulb.

Quoted from T-800:

The point was how much did that save?

#1331 6 years ago

Double, double..toil and trouble.

#1332 6 years ago

In today for Le. Can't wait!!! Game looks good to me. I have an amazing topper for it. My bet is that it will play great!!

#1333 6 years ago

Party at Calprog's!

#1334 6 years ago

Any DISTROS with an LE "slot" for SALE

Please send me a PM

$$$ on the READY

Thx - Rob

#1335 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Shoot it to me. I'll wear it!

Truth be told, I would wear one too. That shirt is cool as shit....and I can surely deal with self-mockery.

#1336 6 years ago

OK;DeathStar locks the balls and cracks open for multyball!! At PAGG this year we saw,"aerosmith" chest of balls flows over for multyball! "Houdini"catapult to chest for multyball!Seems like all these designers,sat around,shot the shit,and put the same idea down in 3 pins! How unique!!Havent seen "Alien" yet,but you know what i'm thinking!

#1337 6 years ago

This is my favorite thread right now.

#1338 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK;DeathStar locks the balls and cracks open for multyball!! At PAGG this year we saw,"aerosmith" chest of balls flows over for multyball! "Houdini"catapult to chest for multyball!Seems like all these designers,sat around,shot the shit,and put the same idea down in 3 pins! How unique!!Havent seen "Alien" yet,but you know what i'm thinking!

The big news for Alien is the pop bumper eggs split open and spew out balls. It's like Apollo 13, just balls everywhere like a John Waters teabagging orgy. Keep it a secret though!

#1340 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Please, you can see the composition and characters clearly. A bunch of characters backs, heads in profile, a big white blob in the middle. It's a terrible backglass.

Not to mention the potentially horrendous glare from it on the PF glass. Strange choice indeed.

#1341 6 years ago

Any news yet on when each version will be available to purchase and delivery?

Are we talking Pro and Prems by the end of the year? First quarter 2018? Or will these be available by California Extreme? (end of July)

#1342 6 years ago

I have few questions:
1-It look like there's some kind of lift-up ramps here
2-Is there some motorized target like Tron here ?
3-What is this small bracket doing there ?

2dd20763069f82b43c9491798643d0e4584082ae (resized).jpg2dd20763069f82b43c9491798643d0e4584082ae (resized).jpg

#1344 6 years ago
Quoted from KBRI1700:

What were you looking at?

We looked at the Veil Nebula, Dumbbell, M57, Swan; all the stuff they said was a "must see" through such a large scope.

#1345 6 years ago

Le ordered. Bring it on.

#1346 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

We looked at the Veil Nebula, Dumbbell, M57, Swan; all the stuff they said was a "must see" through such a large scope.

Was it super cool? I've always wanted to do that.

#1347 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Was it super cool? I've always wanted to do that.

It was insane.

We looked though some "binoviewers" that allow you to view with both eyes for a stereo effect.

It seems you **see** a lot more detail when you use both eyes.

We probably spent a hour observing different parts of the Veil, it had so much texture.

veil_2048 (resized).jpgveil_2048 (resized).jpg

#1348 6 years ago

I hope this is in the game, with the music too!

#1349 6 years ago

How can people say LE ordered ?

Did they announce production nrs?
Did they announce pricing ?
Did they announce delivery date?

I'm confused ?

#1350 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

How can people say LE ordered ?
Did they announce production nrs?
Did they announce pricing ?
Did they announce delivery date?
I'm confused ?

Some distributors have sold places in line, essentially. No official orders have been placed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/27?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.