8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 150.
#1051 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

No sarlac? I'm out.

pit (resized).jpgpit (resized).jpg

#1052 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Sarlac lower pf.
The dream is dead.

Sarlacc_web (resized).jpgSarlacc_web (resized).jpg

#1053 6 years ago

I think those inserts throw everything off - it's super similar to Austin Powers and that's just messing with my eyes.

#1054 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Stormtrooper LE - with cool white armor. All narration is done in the Stormtrooper voice. Rules and Modes are all about defeating the Resistance.

I'm surprised we didn't get a Stormtrooper version. Would really be a unique look for a machine and stand out in someone's gameroom.

The overall artwork has grown on me as higher-res photos have come out. It's not a bad design at all. My main gripe is the Pro version looks really bland compared to the Premium/LE. I think how the screen on the playfield works will be important in both versions.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to playing this. Looks like it could be really fun.

#1055 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Jerry Thompson. He does sound/music. He's pretty dang good at what he does. I think his sound package for Ghostbusters is downright amazing.

Does that mean the original Star Wars music will not be in the game?

#1056 6 years ago

It will most deffinitely have the original music and sound effects. But some dude needs to mix and program the triggers.
Probably a lot of original noises as well.

#1057 6 years ago

At first glance, there doesn't appear to be much for the ball to interact with at playfield level - only basic drops, scoop, pops, slings etc. That's pretty standard Ritchie except his games usually have at least one interactive element - AC/DC bell, GOT ramrod & kickback&upper PF, ST ship kickback.

I'm curious what happens under the Death Star when the Junkyard wire ramp is not raised. Maybe this will be a kickback GOT/ST style?

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It better have the John Williams score.

Quoted from scarybeard:

It will most deffinitely have the original music and sound effects. But some dude needs to mix and program the triggers.
Probably a lot of original noises as well.

It better have the John Williams score.

#1059 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It's so old, I don't think it's even in stereo.....

#1060 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

It better have the John Williams score

Goddamn right.

#1061 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty sure that is what the video mode insert is for on the playfield. Haha

Lol. I guess I missed that insert.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#1062 6 years ago

Over 1,000 in no time. Stern will sell 10k units no doubt.

#1063 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Slave Leia LE - Sexy "Luci" style to fire up the conservative wife. "Help me Obi Wan" hologram.

That would have been cool. However....
Disney banned the use of slave Leia on all official merchandise Nov 2015.
As their were too many complaints that it objectified women.
Carrie Fisher stated that the ban "was stupid"

However slave Leia will never been seen again in any official form.

#1064 6 years ago

Glad I put deposit on Houdini and did not wait for this.

#1065 6 years ago

Any hi res updated pics yet?

#1066 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

The Little Mermaid wore less…willingly.

#1067 6 years ago

BLUF: Understand the definition of SW pinball"realism"

Expectations remain a bit high on an untested game design that has not even been correctly revealed, and speculative of the entire feature set. Deflating opinions based on artwork cannot be a determining factor on any game, although the assemblies on this title do look quite sparse.

It has been well over 24 years since any pinball machine has sold over 10K units.
Many people may not know what the game was, but I will give those a hint.
It is a Steve Ritchie game, and he repeated the same game layout 20 years later.
So, there is something positive to gain from this point, but also the continued lack of innovation.

So what is the relevance?
The current modern market does not support large volume sales easily today, even after the revival of 2010.
The closest was LOTR, and still did not make it after over 6 years of production runs (2004-2009).
TSPP and SM did not even come close.
MET or ACDC either to date.
ACDC needs to sell a lot more VEs which is around 4000 units required for those that want an estimate.

"99% of the people in the world do not care about pinball machines, the remaining less than 1% are fanatics."

The same cannot be said for Star Wars fans as there are millions, but they are not going to all run to Stern and drop $5-9K (or more...) in a new pinball machine unless Stern releases a Zizzle equivalent and Costco takes another plunge. Initial impressions by many SW "gamers" was disappointment because it was a pinball machine not a console or PC title that cost $60. They could care less, even though they are not targeted demographic. Operators might make a few bucks though with a pro model.

Do people understand why *most* major electronic consumer retailers do not sell full size pinball machines in retail stores like televisions or stereos?
The answer is that it remains a commercial device that is specialized, they cannot easily offer technical support, warranties do not properly exist, and it is not cost effective from the standpoint of sales, not necessary the MSRP itself.

1q5mlw (resized).jpg1q5mlw (resized).jpg

#1068 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I'm sure that it will have both new and original music. The stuff Jerry did for Ghostbusters was extremely on point. I think he's a special talent.

#1069 6 years ago

Stern Star Wars.jpgStern Star Wars.jpg

#1070 6 years ago

Does no one see how cool. The hyperdrive magnet will be? It goes around the whole game on it's on wire form and all the way around the backboard too and looks like it can have numerous different places to divert the ball with the physical ball lock Death Star with moving ramp and it explodes too and can be attacked. Sorry guys been collecting for a long time now 17 years and this is truly the neatest looking Steve Ritchie game we have seen in a long time

#1071 6 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Yea, before they sell out..

#1072 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm sure that it will have both new and original music. The stuff Jerry did for Ghostbusters was extremely on point. I think he's a special talent.

Yup! He took several songs from the official Ghostbusters soundtrack and added a really cool pinball vibe too them all, better then the actual tracks in my opinion.

#1073 6 years ago

Petco just got in a batch of Slave Leia dog outfits for Summer, so obviously the ban is Fake News.

starwars_slaveleia_01 (resized).jpgstarwars_slaveleia_01 (resized).jpg

(I am slightly disturbed that the dog has a black eye)

#1074 6 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"99% of the people in the world do not care about pinball machines, the remaining less than 1% are fanatics."

Let me correct that for you: 99.99998% of the people in the world do not care about pinball machines, the remaining .000001% are fanatics and know that pinball is the best.

#1075 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Does no one see how cool. The hyperdrive magnet will be? It goes around the whole game on it's on wire form and all the way around the backboard too and looks like it can have numerous different places to divert the ball with the physical ball lock Death Star with moving ramp and it explodes too and can be attacked. Sorry guys been collecting for a long time now 17 years and this is truly the neatest looking Steve Ritchie game we have seen in a long time

Absolutely.
That is why I own a JY, NF, HSII, RS, and other similarly featured games not all designed by Mr. Ritchie.
This is also exactly why I sold my Sega JPLS and ID4.
Stern knows how to put the "Hype in Hyperdrive", but the Millennium Falcon seems to break down often.
Maybe Stern can make the Kessel Run in fourteen parsecs, or maybe they will not.

Millennium-Falcon-hyperdrive-thumb-1024x1021 (resized).jpgMillennium-Falcon-hyperdrive-thumb-1024x1021 (resized).jpg

#1076 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I do, I think it kicks ass and when we get to see ALL of the other features on the official release I doubt we will be disappointed.

Granted, there is ALWAYS your standard Pinside Stern hate but I am playing some AWESOME Stern pins right now, ASLE being the latest.

So tap the F ing brakes on the hate fest, do you really think Ritchie is going to deliver a POS?

#1077 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So tap the F ing brakes on the hate fest, do you really think Ritchie is going to deliver a POS?

Remember.......

south park 4 point plan p (resized).jpgsouth park 4 point plan p (resized).jpg

#1078 6 years ago

Wait a minute Ted, you have the order all F ed up.

1. Announcement and reveal

2. It's the biggest POS pin I've ever seen

3. Hmmmm..."take my money"

4. Whiny Bitches

Insert #4 in between every number, before and after.

#1079 6 years ago

Someone should start a "positivity only" safe space Stern thread so everyone else can crab in peace.

#1080 6 years ago

IMG_3399 (resized).JPGIMG_3399 (resized).JPG

#1081 6 years ago

I just hope this is the shooter rod

02626B9B-10E2-4442-9989-A865A31BBD97-407-0000006E2B24541B (resized).jpeg02626B9B-10E2-4442-9989-A865A31BBD97-407-0000006E2B24541B (resized).jpeg

#1082 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

That would have been cool. However....
Carrie Fisher stated that the ban "was stupid"
However slave Leia will never been seen again in any official form.

IMG_3408 (resized).JPGIMG_3408 (resized).JPG

#1083 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Someone should start a "positivity only" safe space Stern thread so everyone else can crab in peace.

There was a club thread but I think it was modded and rounded up to here.

#1084 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Any hi res updated pics yet?

IMG_3403 (resized).JPGIMG_3403 (resized).JPG

#1085 6 years ago

Slow day in Clovis?

#1086 6 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

and some stern dealers asking full payment for le's when officially announced

#1087 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

We've done this a few times before (WOZ for example has a zero negativity tolerance safe zone thread). I'll bounce the idea across the other mods and see if the team feels we should do something like that for Star Wars; likely too early for the need of a thread like that but I'm not opposed.

#1088 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I'll not be buying this table, but for those that are, there's a Revel 1/72 scale (thats BIG) Millennium Falcon model that would make an incredible topper for this machine. You could integrate LEDs inside it as well. I have one in the closet waiting to be built. Maybe I'll end up selling it as a topper next year.

ebay.com link: itm

had 4 of these sold off one the other day fetched 450.00

#1089 6 years ago

I forgot, the Colonel and other haters are Pinball design experts! Rotflmao

Last 3 Ritchie has done are Ac/dc, Star Trek and Game of Thrones.

Ac/dc is hard to beat BUT the hyperdrive and layout, I'll take Star Wars right now

And Dwight doesn't suck, in fact, he's pretty damn good!

#1090 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

We've done this a few times before (WOZ for example has a zero negativity tolerance safe zone thread). I'll bounce the idea across the other mods and see if the team feels we should do something like that for Star Wars; likely too early for the need of a thread like that but I'm not opposed.

I'm totally just gonna go into that thread & troll it because it's weird to have a "safe thread"

Join me, it will be fun

#1091 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think there already is a "Club" thread Tiger. Very peaceful.

This is where we argue out the hatred.

#1092 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

ST was a game where they didn't use original music, but music inspired by the movie. Some of it was good and some of it was downright bad. GB music is mostly fantastic!

Rob

#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Does it go all the way around? Or just stop at the Death Star to blow it up or lock a ball?

Rob

#1094 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I forgot, the Colonel and other haters are Pinball design experts! Rotflmao
Last 3 Ritchie has done are Ac/dc, Star Trek and Game of Thrones.
Ac/dc is hard to beat BUT the hyperdrive and layout, I'll take Star Wars right now
And Dwight doesn't suck, in fact, he's pretty damn good!

My "collection" is 100% Stern...

My wishlist is 100% Stern...

So I when I say Stern's Star Wars game is a disappointment it means one thing... I'm purdy disappointed

When I saw the art, layout & toys for TWD, MET, KISS, GB & Aerosmith I thought "wow"

This is not the case with Star Wars. When I see it I think "welllll sheeeyat"

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Does it go all the way around? Or just stop at the Death Star to blow it up or lock a ball?
Rob

All the way around, also has under PF magnets up to the top.

The remainder of the story is yet untold!

#1096 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

This is not the case with Star Wars. When I see it I think "welllll sheeeyat"

Get an AS Curly, problem solved, that pin is GREAT.

You need to just pull the F ing trigger and quit worrying about QC

My AS pf is as good as it gets and so is my cab.

#1097 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Get an AS Curly, problem solved, that pin is GREAT.

Likely soon but not just yet

I still don't trust Stern 100% at the moment.

#1098 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Sounds like something a Stern NIB distributor would say....oh wait...

#1099 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Sounds like something a Stern NIB distributor would say....oh wait...

#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Slow day in Clovis?

All joking aside. I think this will be a great playing pin!

I plan to mod it all out like my T2. However, the translight art on the LE could have been a bit more creative. Maybe its interactive during light speed modes? If not ill make one!

Anyway, Im curious to see what Steve at Pinball Refin comes up with. Im sure he can make a Stormtrooper themed pin.

IMG_3414 (resized).JPGIMG_3414 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 21.50
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.