8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 150.
#1001 6 years ago

Oh snap over 1000 posts already!

WEB_YoureAllClearKid_1000__71094.1487195488.500.659 (resized).jpgWEB_YoureAllClearKid_1000__71094.1487195488.500.659 (resized).jpg

#1002 6 years ago

It's growing on me. I'm thinking premium, but do have an Le spot. Wish we knew street prices. What was AS street for premium and LE?

#1003 6 years ago

I feel like it's missing just 1 playfield feature just one... I got it a Darth Maul sub-playfield... hmm looks like this devil creature with horns will suit this particular playfield very well...

darth_maul_acdc_star_wars (resized).pngdarth_maul_acdc_star_wars (resized).png

#1004 6 years ago

Steve and Dwight in the picture with the machines, who's the 3rd guy?

#1005 6 years ago

Anxiously awaiting the "Star Wars issues" thread.

#1006 6 years ago

All jest aside, I'm sure it looks a lot better in person. As soon as that Star Wars score comes on and the LCD fires up, I have no doubt I'll be sucked right into the game. I can't wait to see one in the flesh.

#1007 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Steve and Dwight in the picture with the machines, who's the 3rd guy?

Jerry Thompson. He does sound/music. He's pretty dang good at what he does. I think his sound package for Ghostbusters is downright amazing.

#1008 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I feel like it's missing just 1 playfield feature just one... I got it a Darth Maul sub-playfield... hmm looks like this devil creature with horns will suit this particular playfield very well...

Darth Vader Back in Black (helmet). Highway to Hoth.

#1009 6 years ago

As others have pointed out, without more details revealed, it's pretty easy to speculate and those pics don't inspire a lot of confidence. It doesn't look that creative or innovative. It feels like GoT all over: killer theme but lackluster implementation. Maybe there's some hope since info is limited. There's so many cool things that could be done, and expectations are high, this is going to be a huge disappointment if they phoned this one in. Is the creativity really gone? Look at all the ideas pinside can come up with.

I kind of agree with the last quote. If you're not really going to put in the creative effort, maybe a retheme of a proven winner with all new code, modes, video would be a better bet.

Quoted from scarybeard:

A machine with lots of magnets under the playfield to feature 'force' abilities. (you may have some, hope you do)
A ceramic BB8 ball that ignores the force features, (because this should have been themed new Star Wars, not old Star Wars)

Quoted from J85M:

Would have been cool if the apron was used/designed as the trench and have the wireform either run through it either in and out (loosing sight of the ball as it goes under the apron) or along a shallow channel molded in the top of the apron.

Quoted from mrclean:

Hey IF i buy this game please someone incorporate this into a MOD...
(sexy slave Leia)

Quoted from pinmister:

On a side note the LE backglass would look stellar with pulsating white LED's fading from center to outer edge, to make it appear like they are traveling in light speed. Modders-get started

Quoted from PaulCoff:

Was really hoping to see an Ewok village above the three pop bumpers.
Hyperdrive mech looks cool. I'm going to wait and see.

Quoted from jar155:

Chewie Frenzy. D'oh Frenzy replaced by constant growls.
I do wish that Luke was a larger part of the art. Should have swapped him with Obi-Wan. Yoda and Palpatine needed much more love too.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If you are going to do some little movie screen, at least put some effort into using it in a cleaver way. Like if you want a video item, have it inside of a ship with big windows so you can do something like make it look like people walking around in there or something.

Quoted from cscmtp:

It would have been cool if they could do an R2D2 hologram like Ghostbusters. We obviously have to see it with the lights on and ball moving...but yes, artwork does seem meh. Still excited to see more though (its not like WWE or anything )

Quoted from Rockytop:

Is it possible that the hyperdrive thing slings the ball up behind the death star, through the hole in the upper right of the backbox, and then comes around in front of the flippers and back to the death start to "destroy it"?
That would be cool

Quoted from megadeth2600:

I think Star Wars' art is going to mix well with the lighting (I suspect they'll change the color of the lighting depending on mode ... that is sheer speculation, but I can't see them *not* doing that).

Quoted from ForceFlow:

It would be kind of interesting if there was a collapsing AT-AT somewhere on the playfield. Maybe like the mini playfield on WOZ where you flip the ball around it like it was a snowspeeder, and eventually get the AT-AT to fall down.

Quoted from Tribonian:

I would have been very happy with a straight up retheme of LOTR. LCD bash toy that clears out for a clean Death Star shot.

#1010 6 years ago

Not holding my breath, but I'd love a magnet or a few of them under the playfield. The center area around the Falcon on the pf seems to be just begging for them. Could go with either something controlled (BSD) or cause random chaos (TAF). Or...maybe even Ghostbusters magna-slings on the Prem/LE? It just seems like the force = magnets is such an obvious choice for an easy "toy". Then again random chaos isn't really SR's style...if this was a Borg design it would for sure be there!

#1011 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I feel the same way, some magnets under the playfield for "The Force" and that 3 bank below the LCD being a motorised drop bank (like SM/TRON) would really kick this game up a gear!

#1012 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Then again random chaos isn't really SR's style...if this was a Borg design it would for sure be there!

"C-H-A-O-S !!!!" - DE Jurassic Park

#1013 6 years ago

Wow. This looks so lame. GOT all over again.

#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Not holding my breath, but I'd love a magnet or a few of them under the playfield.

Hey maybe there's a mist multiball style magnet that carries balls across the playfield that represents AT-ATs that need to be taken down before they reach the other side. Can't tell from these pics.

#1015 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Hey maybe there's a mist multiball style magnet that carries balls across the playfield that represents AT-ATs that need to be taken down before they reach the other side. Can't tell from these pics.

I wish. Premium is starting to grow on me. Can't wait to get details and video on it.

#1016 6 years ago

LOVE Star Wars like many other pinsiders and look forward to playing the game (art notwithstanding). As others have pointed out, GoT more than makes up for art issues with shots & rules.

One comment: Needs more ancillary characters! -- I'd be all over an R5-D4 edition...

IMG_5937 (resized).JPGIMG_5937 (resized).JPG

#1017 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Can you cite examples of this? It sounds like you are talking about Lyman, not Dwight. In recent memory, Dwight comes out of the gate almost complete, and then will do some subtle tweaks or fixes quickly. Yes, he helped pull ST out of the fire, but on games he leads, what you see is what you get.

Eventually, as in...some day Stern will consider the games code complete. I'm not saying that it takes time for Dwight to make code great. It takes Stern time to release that code and they dictate what is worked on and when.

#1018 6 years ago

Does any one know roughly when the release date for this will be ? I'm still kinda surprised they didn't time it closer to when EP 8 comes out in December... Does this mean they will squeeze out one more title before the end of the year ?

#1019 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Does any one know roughly when the release date for this will be ? I'm still kinda surprised they didn't time it closer to when EP 8 comes out in December... Does this mean they will squeeze out one more title before the end of the year ?

I believe episode 8 got pushed until May.

#1020 6 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

December 15, 2017 ?

#1021 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

December 15, 2017 ?

That's what Wikipedia says, but I also read about a possible delay. Not 100% sure.

#1022 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Eventually, as in...some day Stern will consider the games code complete. I'm not saying that it takes time for Dwight to make code great. It takes Stern time to release that code and they dictate what is worked on and when.

If everyone who wants a premium or pro waits and holds off buying straight away until code is complete, I bet Stern would let Dwight finish up the code on double time, I thought an LE would be hard for me to resist but I am feeling the Premium the most so I will happily wait and watch and get a premium for Xmas maybe as my present to myself

#1023 6 years ago

Get your order in this year before prices go up next year.

#1024 6 years ago

I do look forward to seeing game play, and hearing from people that have played it.

LTG : )

#1025 6 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

The Han Solo movie is scheduled to be released on May 25, 2018

#1026 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Han So Old movie you mean.

#1027 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Thank you for the correction.

#1028 6 years ago

I think Stern missed a ton of golden opportunities for LEs:

Stormtrooper LE - with cool white armor. All narration is done in the Stormtrooper voice. Rules and Modes are all about defeating the Resistance.

Slave Leia LE - Sexy "Luci" style to fire up the conservative wife. "Help me Obi Wan" hologram.

K-2SO LE - Game does whatever the fnck it wants. Head on backbox like Bonebusters, distressed black armor.

Wookie LE - Entire game covered in brown shaggy fur. Smells like a wet dog when warmed up.

Jar Jar LE - Pre-cracked cabinet joints, plays loose and wobbly. Mute button on center of lockdown bar.

Screen-Shot-2016-12-02-at-4.00.33-PM (resized).pngScreen-Shot-2016-12-02-at-4.00.33-PM (resized).png

#1029 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Slave Leia LE - Sexy "Luci" style to fire up the conservative wife.

Hell they might have, but I'm sure they would have shit canned it after she kicked the can.

#1030 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Word on the street is they're making 200 AXLDCSWVE's.
100 pre and 100 post cake.
AXLDC. Just had to type that again.

#1031 6 years ago

There's gonna be some crazy magnet shit on this pf.

#1032 6 years ago

Was hoping to see a Jedi LE or Sith LE or a Light v Dark LE.

Oh well, I will most probably be going for a Premium, the LE doesn't do much for me not a fan of the backglass or the side rails, I think they are the worst laser cut rails Stern have done to date, so I have made some LE type (STLE inspired) side rails to match the Imperial/Hoth side art, excuse the bad mock up, I am at work and we only have an old version of paint (supposedly firefighters don't need photoshop ) it would obviously all be laser cut (STLE style) simply messing about with possible design ideas.

ga (resized).jpgga (resized).jpg

#1033 6 years ago

Now having had some time to digest the images we have seen - I think the Millennium Falcon LE is an awesome concept - I always liked Han Solo the best as a rogue turned reluctant hero. He really makes Star Wars click. So excited to see game play and am now over the initial setup & subsequent disappointment that it isn't the coolest thing ever conceived... The Imperial themed Premium will be a HUGE seller and will entice many people to go for it over the pro version and maybe even pirate away some intended LE buyers. Predict a huge success for them. In the end, the art is of secondary importance and I really think game play will be there with Steve and Dwight on it. I am in for an LE.

#1034 6 years ago

Watch Uncle Gary whip out a Dark Side/Light Side Premium like Luci. And that's Mr. Zoltan to you.

#1035 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Watch Uncle Gary pull out a Dark Side/Light Side Premium like Luci.

Why wouldn't he? ...let the first lemmings jump at these initial offerings, then after a few months or so of listening to feedback, ramp up some new 'super special LE art' and throw in a couple more $5 toys - and grab all that cash!

If I were Gary, I'd do it.

#1036 6 years ago

SunKing yer Genie pf looks freaking amazing. Congrats on that hard work.

#1037 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Why wouldn't he? ...let the first lemmings jump at these initial offerings, then after a few months or so of listening to feedback, ramp up some new 'super special LE art' and throw in a couple more $5 toys - and grab all that cash!
If I were Gary, I'd do it.

I cant understand why they didn't give Steve a few more dollars on the BOM and make the extra overheads back with a SLE, if any title could justify one and sell out its SW.

BTW not saying I agree with the SLE model because I don't, but if it would have ment more stuff under the glass in all the other models then I would have been happy to see Stern try their luck again if it ment buyers at lower levels would have got more bang for their buck.

#1038 6 years ago

Yoda Funny.jpgYoda Funny.jpg

#1039 6 years ago

Soon your sister will be here!

IMG_1906 (resized).JPGIMG_1906 (resized).JPG

#1040 6 years ago

Would have people preferred trilogy style art?

Sort of like this?

IMG_0120 (resized).PNGIMG_0120 (resized).PNG

IMG_0121 (resized).PNGIMG_0121 (resized).PNG

IMG_0119 (resized).PNGIMG_0119 (resized).PNG

#1041 6 years ago

I like the side art, it's much more timeless and holistic the way they did it.

#1042 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

They do have the same father.....

landscape-1455444187-movies-lukeleia (resized).jpglandscape-1455444187-movies-lukeleia (resized).jpg

#1043 6 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

My son asked last night if there would be a storm trooper bonus for all of your missed shots.

This is good idea!

#1044 6 years ago

??
They'll fight like crack whores with a twenty dollar bill on the table.

#1045 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Slave Leia LE - Sexy "Luci" style to fire up the conservative wife. "Help me Obi Wan" hologram.

Jabba's fantasy edition

#1046 6 years ago

I have those same 3 pins (along with Ghostbusters Prem)

#1047 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I think Stern missed a ton of golden opportunities for LEs:
Stormtrooper LE - with cool white armor. All narration is done in the Stormtrooper voice. Rules and Modes are all about defeating the Resistance.
K-2SO LE - Game does whatever the fnck it wants. Head on backbox like Bonebusters, distressed black armor.
Wookie LE - Entire game covered in brown shaggy fur. Smells like a wet dog when warmed up.
Jar Jar LE - Pre-cracked cabinet joints, plays loose and wobbly. Mute button on center of lockdown bar.

Might as well add:

Bounty Hunter LE > With 'Dog' the bounty hunter dressed up as B-Fett. With a mattress bashtoy with a hole it >read his book and you will know what I am talking about.

bobafett (resized).jpgbobafett (resized).jpg

072009_bounty_1 (resized).jpg072009_bounty_1 (resized).jpg

#1048 6 years ago

I'll not be buying this table, but for those that are, there's a Revel 1/72 scale (thats BIG) Millennium Falcon model that would make an incredible topper for this machine. You could integrate LEDs inside it as well. I have one in the closet waiting to be built. Maybe I'll end up selling it as a topper next year.

#1049 6 years ago

No sarlac? I'm out.

#1050 6 years ago

Sarlac lower pf...the dream is dead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/21?hl=nintenbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.