Topic Stats

• 7,454 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 861 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

62061B38-8060-4461-8F4D-242BD9B0E9BC (resized).jpeg
23472719_10210607567895161_7467601903757511161_n (resized).jpg
DEF89B43-B640-4E42-8635-9BD608064D63 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2974 (resized).JPG
IMG_2973 (resized).JPG
IMG_2972 (resized).JPG
samualbracket (resized).jpg
IMG_0221 (resized).JPG
F272AAB4-3533-43FB-82D6-710295326A3D (resized).jpeg
8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7454 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 150.
#51 2 years ago

Where's the Stern official announcement? Crazy the Lucas folks have all this promo material in the video released, yet Stern doesn't have anything....

#52 2 years ago

LE surely is way to go?

Unlike Aero LE, this really has big features - hyper ramp and exploding death star.

LE will sell out.

#54 2 years ago

Premium represents the bad guys, that's the one for me. I've always liked the bad guys in Star Wars I'll leave the playfield to judement after I've seen more.

#55 2 years ago

HMMM

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

LE surely is way to go?
Unlike Aero LE, this really has big features - hyper ramp and exploding death star.
LE will sell out.

LE sold out months ago...lol

#57 2 years ago

Is this another situation where the game got revealed early by a third party, and Stern wasn't ready?

#58 2 years ago

Hopefully Stern through up some HD pics soon, would have thought they would want to make this a BIG announcement themselves.

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

LE surely is way to go?
LE will sell out.

LE looks like Jedi themed to me, Premium looks like Empire and Pro A new Hope. For me Empire is the one to have.

#60 2 years ago

There has to be additional versions of the LE. I can't believe just Han and Chewbacca.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

No C3PO above flippers

He is on the right sling plastic.

#62 2 years ago

If I was buying......it would be DI.

#63 2 years ago

No DV LE??

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If I was buying......it would be DI.

Why not both?

#65 2 years ago

Boy, that looks disappointing

#66 2 years ago

The style of the ramps is more like Data East era pins. Mix of tommy/ DE Star Wars.

#67 2 years ago

Glad I'm not wasting my money on that

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

Lit siderails on the LE

Spotted those laser cut rails straight away Nick, would be a nice touch if they do light up, but they seem a little out of place Imperial design on the (good guy) LE art package

#69 2 years ago

Nah, Im collecting backwards...sub $2K games.....

#70 2 years ago

I agree the playfield looks void, but the same thing was said of Star Trek when it was released and later it was a non issue. We need to see what it offers before a rush to judge.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

People said same about STLE when it was released. I canceled my LE then bought one 8 mo later.

#72 2 years ago

I like it, the only thing that I find odd is the models, Pro should have an X-Wing, Premium a Snowspeeder and LE the Falcon.

#73 2 years ago

How can anyone judge a pin one way or the other from a couple of low-res pics?

Hopefully Stern will put up some HD images of the playfields and art/cabinets and some HD videos of it flipping.

#74 2 years ago

NO JARJAR - I"M OUT!

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I like it, the only thing that I find odd is the models, Pro should have an X-Wing, Premium a Snowspeeder and LE the Falcon.

The playfield is so empty. There's a galaxy of possibilities for all sorts of toys, mechanisms, targets, mini scenes...and this looks fairly bland.

The playfield art itself isn't too bad--I was expecting to see a collage of some sort, but playfield just feels so vacant. I also noticed that there's barely any plastics.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

How can anyone judge a pin one way or the other from a couple of low-res pics?

It's Pinside, that's how.

It's GOT all over again...the art is shit, so the game must suck as well. I think the art is shit on GB, and the game is still a hell of a lot of fun.

Ridiculous...

#77 2 years ago

It will be interesting to see if the iconic music is in the game and also movie clips.

#78 2 years ago

Good... let the hate flow through you! Hopefully everyone hates it and I can pick one up on the cheap.

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Your in luck, Hallmark do a nicely detailed Snowspeeder and they are releasing a X-wing and Tie Fighter this year that light up and interact with each other.

#80 2 years ago

The exploding death star looks interesting but I not keen on the art package, it could have been so much cooler drawn on the playfield and especially any of three models outside decals. Light up side rails is a plus on the LE, I like the metal rails looks like it will go quick around the play field. Not overly impressed across the board.

#81 2 years ago

I don't know what I was looking forward to the most? Seeing the release of Stern Star Wars or just finally being able to bitch about it? haha.

I have to say, I am also 'meh' with the playfield; certainly underwhelmed. I expected a darker looking field... sort of like, well... space? Now I have to wait a few more months until I can complain about the code, dimples and cracking cabinets.

mittens

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The playfield is so empty. There's a galaxy of possibilities for all sorts of toys, mechanisms, targets, mini scenes...and this looks fairly bland.

The playfield art itself isn't too bad--I was expecting to see a collage of some sort, but playfield just feels so vacant. I also noticed that there's barely any plastics.

Is this a bad thing, or just Ritchie returning to form after a long abscence? Star Trek and AC/DC both felt VERY out of character with him, with both having 'dead end' type shots and the Premium/LEs of both of those games play MUCH MUCH slower than their pro counterparts...

If this ends up being more like No Fear with good code...then I want a premium.

#83 2 years ago

At first glance I really dislike the art and just general color scheme of the game. No clue why some of the choices were made. I'm also not seeing much of anything toy wise on the playfield so it's going to be counting on the diverters and ramps to make it fun. Might be a blast to play but I will need to see video and play it in person before a cent goes to this one. Still hoping it turns out great. Overall look is a huge step backwards compared to recent releases.

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It will be interesting to see if the iconic music is in the game and also movie clips.

Per this video, https://www.facebook.com/StarWars/videos/1533700893348173/ , the game will have VIDEO clips from the original trilogy.

Unless there is more to the LE than lit side rails, I may be going Premium on this one.

But who am I kidding? I'm going to go for the LE because it is Star Wars.

May the Force be with me.

Marcus

#85 2 years ago

...doesn't scream 'insta-buy' to me. That said, I will withhold judgement until I have a change to play it.

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

OK that is not the only thing that is the first thing I noticed. I dunno about the LCD on the playfield. They better do some cool video modes to justify it, otherwise I would rather another toy. I do like Star Trek a lot and it is pretty vacant.

#87 2 years ago

Maybe a little better:

pasted_image (resized).png

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That was my first reaction ... but the more I look at it, the more I like it .

#89 2 years ago

Looks awesome! Exploding Deathstar and a Hyperspace ramp! Modders dream machine.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Ritchie's pins tend to be more about speed and flow.

Toys are more Trudeau and Borg's thing.

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Is this a bad thing, or just Ritchie returning to form after a long abscence? Star Trek and AC/DC both felt VERY out of character with him, with both having 'dead end' type shots and the Premium/LEs of both of those games play MUCH MUCH slower than their pro counterparts...
If this ends up being more like No Fear with good code...then I want a premium.

Dunno.

Either way, this title was supposed to be an easy slam dunk. My first impression is a bit underwhelming.

#92 2 years ago

The art isn't bad, it's how they composed it that looks terrible. The row of characters above the flippers is comical. What an unispiring effort. I was waiting on putting a deposit on this or DI. Yo doughslingers , do you have any DI slots available. I so wanted Star Wars to be the be all end game.

#93 2 years ago

It almost looks like a modded No Fear.

#94 2 years ago

Gotta love Pinside. Star Trek's playfield devoid of people, Pinside complains.

Star Wars puts people on the playfield, Pinside complains.

#95 2 years ago

jawas (resized).JPG

#96 2 years ago

Look closer. The hyperspace ramp entrance seems to be on the top left. If that's got magnets shooting that up into the ramp, then back down around the habitrail right in front of the player and into the Death Star...well...that'll just be f-ing amazing.

#97 2 years ago

Looks like it will be very fun. Cannot wait to play one!

#98 2 years ago

Not a huge Stars Wars fan but with all that could be done it just hits me as meh? First impression was "that looks like game of thrones with different art."

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Gotta love Pinside. Star Trek's playfield devoid of people, Pinside complains.
Star Wars puts people on the playfield, Pinside complains.

So glad the 'new guy' is here to point out all the flaws of pinside.

You mean people can't have a negative reaction to a reveal?? Maybe someone should do a better job of how they launch product!

#100 2 years ago

At first glance, it kinda looks like one of Spooky's layouts with some added ramps/wireforms.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 7.95
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
4,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lorton, VA
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Metalhead Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, MO
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
There are 7454 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 150.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside