8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 150.
#901 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It would be kind of interesting if there was a collapsing AT-AT somewhere on the playfield. Maybe like the mini playfield on WOZ where you flip the ball around it like it was a snowspeeder, and eventually get the AT-AT to fall down.
Like this:

So yea, that's a cool idea. And that's what separates the men from the boys. A lot of the haters in this thread, and even supporters, want toys and gimmicks. But SR has been in this hobby long enough to know gimmicks only go so far. Typically speaking, one trick ponies get old quick in a home collection. It's why he's the king of flow; because flow, speed, code, and gameplay trump gimmicks, art, toys, etc...

Action, speed, flow, fun, code, theme, etc... are what pinheads want which is what Steve Ritchie thrives on. Toys, gimmicks, art, one trick ponies are what the kiddies want. Can't please everyone; want high quality gameplay with kick ass rulesets - buy Steve ritchie. Want toys and gimmicks - buy Borg. Want unique designs - buy Trudeau.

Can't wait to see this pin in action, LCD use, sounds, hi results pics/video, etc...and see a majority of the hate do a 180 just as it did wit acdc, ST, GOT.

Keep calm, ritchie is at the helm...and the force is strong with this one.

#902 6 years ago

I like the look of the premium the best . Hope I get a chance to play one soon .

#903 6 years ago

All ready on to possible Mods!
The MF looks the same as these are going on the Playfield

Got X-wings, bombers etc coming.

IMG_8658 (resized).PNGIMG_8658 (resized).PNG

#904 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hard to see clearly, but that photo seems to back up the earlier whitewood comment about not having RGB inserts after all, the LE inserts look like normal colored ones there, anyone else agree?

I'm thinking that the 7 "x" arrow inserts will be RGB across all models and that the premium / LE may have the inserts above those (7 more) be RGB as well.

#905 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why is everything a comparison? Can't you just talk about one title for its own merits?
If you like or hate Star Wars, talk about Star Wars. Why do you need to drag DI into it?
If you like or hate DI there is a thread for DI. Come on people!

I'm thinking we can chew gum and walk at the same time and the fact that it's the other current release as people try and decide where people want to spend their $$

#906 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

At least this looks nice.

Looks like they're using the same model from the Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures board game. Not that it's a bad thing. Because that series does look really good. But seems Stern wasn't the ones who "sculpted" it.

http://collectorstore.com/star-wars-x-wing-millennium-falcon-expansion-pack/?dfw_tracker=8584-3727&gclid=Cj0KEQjw9r7JBRCj37PlltTskaMBEiQAKTzTfPe1HmtqWTg_RutPxkGbJ2QYSxlUo_7yOJtT0y43-coaAsJu8P8HAQ

0001399_x-wing-miniatures-game-millennium-falcon-expansion (resized).jpeg0001399_x-wing-miniatures-game-millennium-falcon-expansion (resized).jpeg

#907 6 years ago

IMG_8659 (resized).PNGIMG_8659 (resized).PNG

#908 6 years ago

You can get loads of ships

IMG_8658 (resized).PNGIMG_8658 (resized).PNG

#909 6 years ago

These are coming, will see if I can get some LEDs into them..

Do new games have a thing that can piggy backed to supply power to Mods?

#910 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm thinking that the 7 "x" arrow inserts will be RGB across all models and that the premium / LE may have the inserts above those (7 more) be RGB as well.

if you look at the whitewood that would make sense ,
but we will see...

but i think for SR´s "recent" game style we need at least "1 RGB" per shot

#911 6 years ago

The Star Wars miniatures are GREAT models right out of the box. I have a ton of them. The game is a blast to play. There's definitely a lot you could do with them for mods, but they might be pricey unless you can score them used. Wouldn't be hard to add in stuff like X-Wings, Y-Wings, B-Wings, A-Wings, all sorts of TIEs, Millenium Falcon (for the pro), the Slave I, transport ships, etc.. It's all there. Just don't go too far overboard...

I also wouldn't get too hung up on the game not being fully RGB. Ghostbusters only has a handful of RGB inserts, and it's one of my favorite light shows in modern pinball.

#912 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So yea, that's a cool idea. And that's what separates the men from the boys. A lot of the haters in this thread, and even supporters, want toys and gimmicks. But SR has been in this hobby long enough to know gimmicks only go so far. Typically speaking, one trick ponies get old quick in a home collection. It's why he's the king of flow; because flow, speed, code, and gameplay trump gimmicks, art, toys, etc...
Action, speed, flow, fun, code, theme, etc... are what pinheads want which is what Steve Ritchie thrives on. Toys, gimmicks, art, one trick ponies are what the kiddies want. Can't please everyone; want high quality gameplay with kick ass rulesets - buy Steve ritchie. Want toys and gimmicks - buy Borg. Want unique designs - buy Trudeau.
Can't wait to see this pin in action, LCD use, sounds, hi results pics/video, etc...and see a majority of the hate do a 180 just as it did wit acdc, ST, GOT.
Keep calm, ritchie is at the helm...and the force is strong with this one.

Those kiddies sound pretty smart as toys, gimmicks, great art, one trick ponies, mini playfields, etc are what creates value and helps to justify these crazy prices. All of those items can help create a unique world under glass...2 regular ramps and orbits can only do so much.

#913 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Which are really Modified NFs...Which are all modified from HS.

Which is an evolution of Black Knight & BK2000

#914 6 years ago

Think I'm just gonna wait and buy one of the LE's that RadJoe sends back.

#915 6 years ago

Ive been waiting for this release since I found out about it. I posted a while back that I won a NIB pro of my choice from a charity, wife is a huge star wars nut and I really want her to get into pinball so she will allow me to have a collection and go to events with me so I told her we would get this one. I don't even mind the art, it just seems like EVERYTHING that makes this machine interesting is axed from the Pro model. The only thing that could save this for me is force magnets or something... I know pros are often missing features but it never seemed like so much before

#916 6 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Which is an evolution of Black Knight & BK2000

Haha yep...lot of the same elements.

I mean this certain(t)ly bothers me much less than the Kiss/AS similarities.

#917 6 years ago

Even 30 years latter, the best looking Starwars pinball backglass is still Sonic's.

8387457167ddf7804b2668694e85f4e543c02c44 (resized).jpg8387457167ddf7804b2668694e85f4e543c02c44 (resized).jpg

#918 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Even 30 years latter, the best looking Starwars pinball backglass is still Sonic.

swing and a miss.

#919 6 years ago

As one of the resident art critics, I thought I would chime into such an epic thread.

#920 6 years ago

I sense a lot of hate in this thread.

Don't give in to hate...that leads to the dark side of the force.

#921 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I wonder what the El paper will do for rails on LE and if it will be one color or multi-color?

Last but not least is the layout. I already have AC/DC and have played it for years. I am concerned that it may feel too similar, and give me a feeling of been there done that. Time will tell

Does anyone know how the rails on STLE lite up? was that EL paper or LEDs set into a routed grove in the cabinet?

The ACDC similarities are a double edge sword for people like me who enjoy playing ACDC and its layout but wouldn't own it due to the theme/band, this is great as ACDC is one of Steve's best games, for others that have ACDC the similarities suck, but I think they are going to play so different and have such different rules it will hopefully be a win win for both camps.

#922 6 years ago

It's really stupid that in 2017 we have single color LEDs in this game. Every model should be all RGBs on the playfield. RGBs LEDs are cheap and so are the boards to control them. Additionally, I think Stern has a lack of creativity around what can be done with RGBs to create atmosphere and to use color with rule integration.

#923 6 years ago

Am I the only one to get that Stern is releasing SWT VE?

#924 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

There's no Dark Side anymore...only the blinding LED side.

#925 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

swing and a miss.

You'll see.

When you have all 6 of your SW games next to each other, there are only 2 that don't look like a lunchbox:

imange-11 (resized).jpgimange-11 (resized).jpg

sw20 (resized).jpgsw20 (resized).jpg

sw9 (resized).jpgsw9 (resized).jpg

sw3 (resized).jpgsw3 (resized).jpg

sw29 (resized).jpgsw29 (resized).jpg

#926 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You'll see.
When you have all 6 of your SW games next to each other, there are only 2 that don't look like a lunchbox:

#927 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Does anyone know how the rails on STLE lite up? was that EL paper or LEDs set into a routed grove in the cabinet?
The ACDC similarities are a double edge sword for people like me who enjoy playing ACDC and its layout but wouldn't own it due to the theme/band, this is great as ACDC is one of Steve's best games, for others that have ACDC the similarities suck, but I think they are going to play so different and have such different rules it will hopefully be a win win for both camps.

The cabinet has holes through it with red leds.

#928 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

You can get loads of ships

Stern to Steve again : " don't put nothing on the playfield , the idiots will do it themselves , but maybe thrown one toy on the highly priced ones otherwise it may look too obvious " !

Cachinggggg!!

#929 6 years ago

Anyone looking to move their GB Pro for this game let me know, i got cash.

#930 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnation:

2011 here we go again

I think the word you are looking for is 'fan layout' - beyond that, those aren't that similar (well they are both blue too)

#931 6 years ago

I know a lot of people are down on this game, but I am ecstatic and can't wait to get my LE.

#932 6 years ago

I just hope, like a lot of you, that this is the pin that brings back the golden age of pinball. When you couldn't walk 5 ft in any direction without bumping into a pin.
7-11's, laundromats, theaters, barber shops, every nook and cranny. I hope we see this pro everywhere. Party like it's 1977 peoples!

#933 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I sense a lot of hate in this thread.

Not hate...disappointment.

#934 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I know a lot of people are down on this game, but I am ecstatic and can't wait to get my LE.

i am realy optimistic, but i don´t have the money for a nib anyway, so i don´t realy have to think about it... but i still do

Well if you like it go buy it, that aplies to any game .

#935 6 years ago

Oh god no hahahaha!!!
It is an acdc pro!?
Oh oh...just pissed myself...wait gotta go change...be right back...

IMG_6198 (resized).PNGIMG_6198 (resized).PNG

#936 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

The cabinet has holes through it with red leds.

Yeah for the phaser fire that runs up the side rails, but how is the Enterprise lit? EL or LED strips in a routed groove? Curious if anyone has ever taken their side rails off to look.

#937 6 years ago

I was anticipating similar artwork to that of this Star Wars Puzzle... in Simpsons Pinball Party Style where you have a vast amount of characters throughout it's run.

puzzle (resized).pngpuzzle (resized).png

#938 6 years ago

Also be good to know if the inserts are white with RGB inserts or coloured inserts like in the badly shopped playfield images.

#939 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Not hate...disappointment.

suffering (resized).JPGsuffering (resized).JPG

#941 6 years ago

In less than 24 hours there are 940 (now 941) posts in a thread about a new pin release, I'm thinking that has to be a record. It doesn't matter whether the posts are positive or negative, it shows how much interest there is in this pin. I bet once people see the full reveal it turns out to be pretty good and Stern sells a ton of these.

#942 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

LEDs. They're driven by a board I inadvertently blew up while shopping the game . I plugged the damn wiring harness into the board the wrong way and one of the shift registers got a little bulge in it . I got lucky actually ... the LED boards are all OK ... they're just locked on all the time when driven by the broken board.

I must have repaired well over 100 machines ... this was the first time I ever did that (I also failed to label the connectors since I was "in a hurry ... 'in a hurry' and 'pinball repair don't mix ). At least I can repair it and not pay frigging $50 for a damn board with two SN7400HC series chips and some connectors .

#943 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Time and time again. I always hear pinsiders say how it's all about the game play, flow, rules and code when I talk about a game that looks good but doesn't play well. Yet the first thing everyone bitches about is the artwork. I'll wait to play the game before I deside if it's good or not.

They also say something is crap, then practically step on each others dicks in the rush to throw $7000 at it.

"Its stripped down, ugly as a monkeys ass, has half finished rules and the playfield starts self destructing after 100 plays! Sign me up for a Super LE and $750 worth of Hallmark Christmas ornaments to hot glue on it!"

#944 6 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Sign me up for a Super LE and $750 worth of Hallmark Christmas ornaments to hot glue on it!"

This one is going to be cheaper for them because most of them already have their dolls to glue on them from childhood.

#945 6 years ago

Screenshot_20170601-145811 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20170601-145811 (resized).jpg

#946 6 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

it shows how much interest there is in this pin

I think it has more to do with the theme, than actual interest in the pin. The theme surrounds probably the most influential, most groundbreaking(for it's time), most long-standingly popular, most legendary, and of course most profitable(which is why Disney bought it) pieces of Intellectual Property in the past 50 years. Few could argue that there is a movie franchise with anywhere near as a diverse and incredibly huge, incredibly devoted fan-base as Star Wars. I think it's like number three on the list of things most recognized on Planet Earth, across language and cultural borders(behind Coca-Cola and something else, if my memory serves me). Star Wars also has the broadest scope and most likely has the largest amount of toys, books, games, comics, memorabilia, and licensed products for any movie franchise, let alone any kind of IP in general.

Just about everyone here has some sort of connection to Star Wars. Whether it be in their childhood memories or a recent discovery, it's a huge part of the American pop culture fabric. Which means, to a certain extent, everyone has a vested interest and therefore their own idea as to what they'd like to see in this new pin.

That's why the topic is so popular.

Jury's out until I play one with somewhat complete code. Perhaps at the inaugural GSPF?

#947 6 years ago

LEAK

1q4ob1 (resized).jpg1q4ob1 (resized).jpg

+i credit my friend

#948 6 years ago

I am disappointed in the art and apparent lack of innovative interactive elements and overall theme integration. Still, if it plays and is coded as well as AC/DC it will be a massive success at the end of the day. Either way, I have little doubt that Iwill end up with a premium. I really need a pin to complement my 1983 Atari classic vid.

I just wish they would gone with a menacing Star Destroyer on the cabinet.

IMG_0803 (resized).JPGIMG_0803 (resized).JPG

#949 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I just wish they would gone with a menacing Star Destroyer on the cabinet.

It's still possible ... I thought I read a few pages back that each side of the cabinet will be different across all models.

#950 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This one is going to be cheaper for them because most of them already have their dolls to glue on them from childhood.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 10.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 21.50
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/19?hl=chancekj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.