8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 150.
#7401 6 years ago

Stern would need to prove you hacked it ... just swap the SD card

1 week later
#7402 6 years ago

Can someone with a SW Pro post pics of the current bracket situation? Was reading a Stern cabinets thread and it came to my attention that the Pros may not have the same souped-up brackets as the Premiums/LEs?

#7403 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Can someone with a SW Pro post pics of the current bracket situation? Was reading a Stern cabinets thread and it came to my attention that the Pros may not have the same souped-up brackets as the Premiums/LEs?

What's a bracket now...what are we talking aboot? Corner brackets inside cab where leg bolt enter? Sorry don't know the topic.

EDIT: Well in case that;'s what you meant...hmmm..."Pretty chintsy isn't it?"

samualbracket (resized).jpgsamualbracket (resized).jpg

#7404 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

..."Pretty chintsy isn't it?"

I actually like the new brackets better than the old mechanism. The lockbar sits much firmer than before and it's really not a problem to open them, once you know how. It's different, NOT worse.

These are the types of changes I can happily accept - even if they are driven from a cost pov. Good for Stern, not worse for us... so why not?

#7405 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I actually like the new brackets better than the old mechanism. The lockbar sits much firmer than before and it's really not a problem to open them, once you know how. It's different, NOT worse.
These are the types of changes I can happily accept - even if they are driven from a cost pov. Good for Stern, not worse for us... so why not?

Sorry, I wasn't specific enough in my original post.

As TheLaw guessed, I was asking about the corner brackets that hold the cabinet together (not the latches that latch down the lockdown bar, which I agree are pretty cool). On SW Premium and LE they're more heavy duty than what TheLaw is showing there on his Pro.

#7406 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I actually like the new brackets better than the old mechanism.

You're talking aboot the lockdown mech, and I'm talking aboot the physical wood connection joining the cabinet body.

I don't know what fosaisu is looking for I just put the pic up in case. EDIT: Now I do.

EDIT2:

Quoted from fosaisu:

On SW Premium and LE they're more heavy duty than what TheLaw is showing there on his Pro.

Don;t be critical...there are like 8 1/16" brads in there!

#7407 6 years ago

Maybe only the star wars premium and le were reinforced because of the increased weight (metal ramps and hyperramp loop)

#7408 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Maybe only the star wars premium and le were reinforced because of the increased weight (metal ramps and hyperramp loop)

I would imagine going foward, the premiums and LEs will be reinforced to make sure the collectors buying them are happier. The pros may or may not get the extra support. After all the pros are intended to be the cheaper machine for route use. As long as it doesn't actually crack in half and fall down I would imagine most route operators will be fine with it.

#7409 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

As long as it doesn't actually crack in half and fall down I would imagine most route operators will be fine with it.

Until they go to sell it, and I go to the location to buy it... only to see the cab is cracked on both sides and I say I'm no longer interested. They say they're willing to negotiate while mentioning that since the cracking they've reinforced the corners. I then say I'm still not interested as that's going to be a pain when I go to sell and generally looks ugly as hell w/ ripped decals on both corners.

That happened to me a month ago, and I bet it wasn't the first or last time an operator tries to sell a routed game w/ cracked cabinet. If they have to take a financial hit when reselling, operators will certainly care as that's effecting the bottom line.

#7410 6 years ago

Stern should seriously consider putting in corner reinforcement brackets in ALL the cabinets regardless of trim level.

#7411 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Sorry, I wasn't specific enough in my original post.
As TheLaw guessed, I was asking about the corner brackets that hold the cabinet together (not the latches that latch down the lockdown bar, which I agree are pretty cool). On SW Premium and LE they're more heavy duty than what TheLaw is showing there on his Pro.

Please take a photo of your SW PREM corner brackets that hold the cabinet together . I want to see it . Copy and it to my PC and send Patrick Powers an email to see if it can be added to a Star Wars (Pro). As an operator this is a concern .

#7412 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Please take a photo of your SW PREM corner brackets that hold the cabinet together . I want to see it . Copy and it to my PC and send Patrick Powers an email to see if it can be added to a Star Wars (Pro). As an operator this is a concern .

Not my pics, but here you go!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets/page/41#post-4041007

#7413 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Stern should seriously consider putting in corner reinforcement brackets in ALL the cabinets regardless of trim level.

I'd prefer they just made a stronger cabinet like we use to get. I personally haven't had a problem, but I am glad SW has the brackets. If they'd sell a bracket kit I would probably buy them and add them to my other Sterns to be safe, but I'm not going to add extra brackets from home depot or the like.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

Until they go to sell it, and I go to the location to buy it... only to see the cab is cracked on both sides and I say I'm no longer interested. They say they're willing to negotiate while mentioning that since the cracking they've reinforced the corners. I then say I'm still not interested as that's going to be a pain when I go to sell and generally looks ugly as hell w/ ripped decals on both corners.

True, all depends on how well the game earned I guess and how much of a hit they have to take. I do think the biggest mistake Stern made was wrapping the decals around the corners of the cabinets (which they have quit doing). That makes even the slightest separation become a much bigger issue. Without that I'm not sure a slight separation would be noticed by most people, the worst ones would still be noticed, but could be repaired easier too.

2 weeks later
#7414 6 years ago

Haven't chimed in here in a while, but it felt like a good place to ask. I actually found some of my figures in the back of the closet while cleaning, but I can't find this one on the Jedi Biz website. Anybody know which character it is?

IMG_2972 (resized).JPGIMG_2972 (resized).JPG

IMG_2973 (resized).JPGIMG_2973 (resized).JPG

#7415 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Haven't chimed in here in a while, but it felt like a good place to ask. I actually found some of my figures in the back of the closet while cleaning, but I can't find this one on the Jedi Biz website. Anybody know which character it is?

4-LOM the bounty hunter who was actually played by Andy Richter, oddly enough.

#7416 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Oh, now I see him on the site. Andy Richter? Really? That's too funny. Good looking out. I actually can't believe how good condition these are in considering I actually played with them. I've often debated selling them, but always talk myself out of it.

IMG_2974 (resized).JPGIMG_2974 (resized).JPG

#7417 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Oh, now I see him on the site. Andy Richter? Really? That's too funny. Good looking out. I actually can't believe how good condition these are in considering I actually played with them. I've often debated selling them, but always talk myself out of it.

Yup, super weird knowing how old ESB is and how young he must have been. I remember my mom used to horde SW figures and kept them all in boxes hidden in her closet. Of course I would go in there and open them and play with them. Of all the crap my mom has horded over the years (beanie babies and other "limited edition" crap they made 1,000,000 of), that one she got right. Too bad I was such a bad kid lol.

#7418 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Yup, super weird knowing how old ESB is and how young he must have been. I remember my mom used to horde SW figures and kept them all in boxes hidden in her closet. Of course I would go in there and open them and play with them. Of all the crap my mom has horded over the years (beanie babies and other "limited edition" crap they made 1,000,000 of), that one she got right. Too bad I was such a bad kid lol.

That's too funny. Hindsight is always 20/20, but beanie babies were ridiculous. I guess I'll keep these in the hopes that someday I feel good enough about this pin to spend the loot.

I just read back through what I missed in the thread, and if SW had a design similar to a MET but with the LCD display, I would've already bought one. Shit, they could've kept the design exactly the same and changed the artwork, replaced Sparky with Vader or even Admiral friggin Akbar, and that would've been very cool.

#7419 6 years ago

I know Stern is working on new code updates for the SW machines. I would love to see a short-cut, or an easier method of blowing up the Death Star. I've had my premium for a month and a half, and have yet to crack that nut. I had to go into test mode just to make sure it worked.

#7420 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

I know Stern is working on new code updates for the SW machines. I would love to see a short-cut, or an easier method of blowing up the Death Star. I've had my premium for a month and a half, and have yet to crack that nut. I had to go into test mode just to make sure it worked.

I don't, unless it is made as a game setting for optional 4th mission difficulty. Make it too easy and then it ruins the game.

Rob

#7421 6 years ago

So was watching chuckwurt stream from a month ago, v.92. Since it's not clear as day what to shoot for, This game seems to really thrive on knowledge of the ruleset. It see,s to be all based on sound effects, and very little emphasis of call outs. I hope to play a pro again someday on the updated code as i seem to be learning the rulese more. But I think I'm going to write off the premium as every time I play it on location, the hyperdrive shot bricks like no other. A shame cause it does seem like a cool mech.

That said, from watching that stream replay, with how often the video mode is achieved, it would be nice if getting hit by an asteroid ended the mode instead of restarted it. No?

#7422 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So was watching chuckwurt stream from a month ago, v.92. Since it's not clear as day what to shoot for, This game seems to really thrive on knowledge of the ruleset. It see,s to be all based on sound effects, and very little emphasis of call outs. I hope to play a pro again someday on the updated code as i seem to be learning the rulese more.

THIS ^^^

Yeah, the call outs didn’t help me much at first either. Learning the rule set is key to really unlocking this particular game. I had to pretty much compartmentalize the different aspects to it to learn it over 20-30 games. A few sessions, worked on getting to Lightsaber dual and finishing it, another Escape from Boba Fett, another working on the plant modes/multiballs, another working on the multipliers, and now to this day, still trying to put it all together. Of course, I’m not the greatest pinball player, but it’s all clicked to me finally from a rule standpoint, and I’m having a blast. My high score is a little over 2 billion (like I said, not the greatest), and I’m on a pro.

#7423 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

THIS ^^^
Yeah, the call outs didn’t help me much at first either. Learning the rule set is key to really unlocking this particular game. I had to pretty much compartmentalize the different aspects to it to learn it over 20-30 games. A few sessions, worked on getting to Lightsaber dual and finishing it, another Escape from Boba Fett, another working on the plant modes/multiballs, another working on the multipliers, and now to this day, still trying to put it all together. Of course, I’m not the greatest pinball player, but it’s all clicked to me finally from a rule standpoint, and I’m having a blast. My high score is a little over 2 billion (like I said, not the greatest), and I’m on a pro.

Exactly. It's why Dwight and Steve are such a good combo. Both SW and GOT have tons of breadth breadth breadth. Tons of strategies and ways to tackle the game. For people who complained about GB being linear, SW should certainly suffice in the not so linear dept.

#7424 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This game seems to really thrive on knowledge of the ruleset. It see,s to be all based on sound effects, and very little emphasis of call outs.

Stern of the union mentioned more callouts by 1.0.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

But I think I'm going to write off the premium as every time I play it on location, the hyperdrive shot bricks like no other. A shame cause it does seem like a cool mech.

It's a cool mech that is very under utilized right now. I am really hoping hyperdrive multiball is improved for 1.0.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

That said, from watching that stream replay, with how often the video mode is achieved, it would be nice if getting hit by an asteroid ended the mode instead of restarted it. No?

Maybe more reward for a perfect run is a good start? And more penalty for hitting asteroids couldn't hurt. I have no idea what the video mode 'level' means.

Rob

#7425 6 years ago

I installed a plasma pop bumper and a lighted Star Destroyer from lightedpinballmods.com. Both were easy to install and look really cool. I chose black for the pop bumper, and really like the color, but it’s not quite as bright as red or blue would be. Here’s a pic. I have a video too, which shows them better, but don’t know how to upload it to pinside...any help?

DEF89B43-B640-4E42-8635-9BD608064D63 (resized).jpegDEF89B43-B640-4E42-8635-9BD608064D63 (resized).jpeg

#7426 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Well if you saw what this "firmer" bar does to some front decals you wouldn't be so convinced they are not worse. My friends gotle front decal was pretty much destroyed by the mechanism being too tight. And it's not the only occurrence where this has happened. He got a new front decal which is pointless really. Again this is something that can be remedied but why should it?

Fact remains the traditional bars were removed to save money and many owners who like a bit of tradition in there builds don't get it anymore. Some changes are welcome. This one wasn't.

#7427 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I installed a plasma pop bumper and a lighted Star Destroyer from lightedpinballmods.com. Both were easy to install and look really cool. I chose black for the pop bumper, and really like the color, but it’s not quite as bright as red or blue would be. Here’s a pic. I have a video too, which shows them better, but don’t know how to upload it to pinside...any help?

I like it. I was thinking of picking up this mod as well. Can you post a pic of the whole playfield with the Star Destroyer lit up? Would love to get a full view of how it looks with the rest of the playfield elements.

#7428 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

I like it. I was thinking of picking up this mod as well. Can you post a pic of the whole playfield with the Star Destroyer lit up? Would love to get a full view of how it looks with the rest of the playfield elements.

Here is mine

https://images.pinside.com/9/b7/10/9b7107cd11e8d844bce3e5aaf3a2055d5256cec2.jpg

#7429 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Well if you saw what this "firmer" bar does to some front decals you wouldn't be so convinced they are not worse. My friends gotle front decal was pretty much destroyed by the mechanism being too tight. And it's not the only occurrence where this has happened.

Haven’t heard of this happening before - have you seen other reports on Pinside? Is it only with GOT or an ongoing issue? Was it fixable (ie could he adjust the mechanism so as not to destroy the replacement decal?)

I’m another that actually prefers the new lockdown bar system. But it would be a bummer if it’s damaging some decals.

#7430 6 years ago

hi

if you want to join our group order

lasercut stainless steel Star wars Lockbar sign

price would be 25,- euro + 15 euro shipped to usa

23472719_10210607567895161_7467601903757511161_n (resized).jpg23472719_10210607567895161_7467601903757511161_n (resized).jpg

#7431 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Here ya go.

62061B38-8060-4461-8F4D-242BD9B0E9BC (resized).jpeg62061B38-8060-4461-8F4D-242BD9B0E9BC (resized).jpeg

#7432 6 years ago

As much as I like Star destroyers, (imho) its a bit too large and looks off. Though I thought the falcon was also a tad too big.

#7433 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

As much as I like Star destroyers, (imho) its a bit too large and looks off. Though I thought the falcon was also a tad too big.

I feel it balances the playfield (with the Death Star...I know, not to scale). The Star Destroyer glows...where the paint is thin, the light shows through. I know not for everyone...but I like to make my games mine.

#7434 6 years ago

I actually like that star destroyer. Not sure about the glowing effect yet, but overall I like it. Nothing else is correct size on table like falcon size of death star, so I think it works well.

#7435 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Haven’t heard of this happening before - have you seen other reports on Pinside? Is it only with GOT or an ongoing issue? Was it fixable (ie could he adjust the mechanism so as not to destroy the replacement decal?)
I’m another that actually prefers the new lockdown bar system. But it would be a bummer if it’s damaging some decals.

Like pf ghosting. Its been remedied. I always check now though if i get a new game i adjust the clamps to make sure the lockdown isnt too tight rubbing on the decal. Again a problem that didnt need to happen though just to save a few bucks.
The new system is fine but Stern should have kept the le a little more sacred imo

#7436 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I actually like that star destroyer. Not sure about the glowing effect yet, but overall I like it. Nothing else is correct size on table like falcon size of death star, so I think it works well.

Actually, the glowing part is what makes it. The grey color and type of paint was a little off, but under glass and lit it really looks good. In the pic, it looks like it's lit by spots or other GI lighting, but that is actually the mod.

#7437 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Zuckuss. Bounty Hunter.

#7438 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Incoming Nerd Alert. The figure was released at that time under the name of Zuckuss. It was later changed to 4-LOM. For more context you can read this:

https://jclarson.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/4-lom-and-zuckuss/

#7439 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Zuckuss. Bounty Hunter.

Nope. It's 4 LOM.

#7440 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Nope. It's 4 LOM.

You're both right in a way. Yes, that's 4 LOM, but there were toys with that figure shipped that had him named Zuckuss.

#7441 6 years ago

Just wanted to relay our League Finals and how they concluded on a Star Wars pro. After 4 games it was on to Star Wars. I could have forced a 3 way tie-breaker for first place with a win. I was 4th player. Player 2 was leading with 1,496,xxx,xxx. I drained and with my 90m in bonus finished at 1,491,xxx,xxx! Oh, the agony. I just love this game!

2 weeks later
#7442 6 years ago

When i shoot the death star ramp and the mission option holds the ball and then after mission select, the ball releases down the forks and right down between the flippers. It is an impossible save and nothing to do with timing or a nudge will help...SOL. I checked and the cabinet and its dead level. I did not check the playfield, wonder if that might be off even though cabinet level. Any suggestions on an adjustment? I am sure its not designed that way.

#7443 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

When i shoot the death star ramp and the mission option holds the ball and then after mission select, the ball releases down the forks and right down between the flippers. It is an impossible save and nothing to do with timing or a nudge will help...SOL. I checked and the cabinet and its dead level. I did not check the playfield, wonder if that might be off even though cabinet level. Any suggestions on an adjustment? I am sure its not designed that way.

The fork ramp is a mess. I hate it. I've played several premiums and an LE. It never fails to be dumb for a variety of reasons.

#7444 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The fork ramp is a mess. I hate it. I've played several premiums and an LE. It never fails to be dumb for a variety of reasons.

I like it. Each to their own. Pinball is pinball, as long as there’s pinball. Party on Wayne!

#7445 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

When you say you checked the cabinet and it's dead level, do you mean you're leveling with the level resting on the cabinet? You always want to level a machine with your level resting directly on the playfield (not on the glass or the cabinet). I would check that first.

Quoted from jar155:

Helpful! You don't have to like the ramp, but the common complaint with it is that it's a super-challenging shot to make and that you get roll-backs on what feel like solid shots, not that it always drops SDTM when it releases a locked ball. Based on the fact that people aren't constantly complaining about this specific issue, I'd guess it's either leveling or something else specific to the angle or adjustment of the fork ramp on his machine (hopefully something user-fixable, whatever it is), since most Premium's don't do this.

#7446 6 years ago

New update on SW code and accessories in the "Stern State of the Union"
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address/page/5#post-4109053

To summarize:

• 1.0 code is due in "early December" (before the new SW movie is released), but no additional details on what's in the code so we'll have to wait.
  • No accessories/topper until after the holidays (and no firm date provided).
  • There's a new (I think?) making-of video:

#7447 6 years ago

fosaisu i am leveling the glass/lockdown bar. I will try leveling the playfield. Is there any tilt adjustment ont the forks? Thanks!

#7448 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

fosaisu i am leveling the glass/lockdown bar. I will try leveling the playfield. Is there any tilt adjustment ont the forks? Thanks!

Hopefully the leveling will work for you! I haven't poked around with the underside of the fork ramp, but I think a few people here have so hopefully someone can give you some pointers if needed.

#7449 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

There is no leveling anj on the fork ramp,playfield slot it is just to tight for the ramp to be anything but level and if the ramp was tilted so the ball rolls down on a angle it would rally mess up the hyper shot and mod select,I dont know what else to suggest other then leveling,

#7450 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

If you are leveling to the glass/lockdown bar your level will be way off. You have to level two different ways on the playfield between the slingshots:

- Up & down with a digital level to 6.5-6.7 degrees or use the playfield rail mounted bubble level
- Left & Right should be perfectly flat level to 0.0

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 21.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/149 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.