8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 150.
#7201 6 years ago

Where do you guys get your mylar?

#7202 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Where do you guys get your mylar?

Er I mean Marco...Bought a couple feet years ago

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/66-MFT

#7203 6 years ago

"I coach him... and put up a score around 3.5 billion. Mission accomplished!"

This video states the strategy for such a 'deep' game is just R2D2 all day long Stack same two modes to start (Hands up/Im Luke to rescue you). Everyone does this. Every single time.

At 41:00 he stacks Battle Above Endor/Destroy Death Star. Instant Billions of points in just 60 seconds! Only need 16x scoring on one Shot! (not 40x). 400 Mill ----> 3.8 Bill. Game over

#7204 6 years ago

Had a great game last night

IMG_7774 (resized).JPGIMG_7774 (resized).JPG

#7205 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

"I coach him... and put up a score around 3.5 billion. Mission accomplished!"
This video states the strategy for such a 'deep' game is just R2D2 all day long Stack same two modes to start (Hands up/Im Luke to rescue you). Everyone does this. Every single time.
At 41:00 he stacks Battle Above Endor/Destroy Death Star. Instant Billions of points in just 60 seconds! Only need 16x scoring on one Shot! (not 40x). 400 Mill ----> 3.8 Bill. Game over
» YouTube video

Tie Fighter multiball was also stacked on all that craziness. seems to work well!

#7206 6 years ago

I played a friend's LE last night. I am very much looking forward to getting my premium soon. I liked the game play a lot, the LCD animations, and the overall rules.

#7207 6 years ago

I don't have a lot of experience with modern pinball machines (most of my experience was in the 70s) and I have what may be a stupid question; at the end of every match, there's an explosion on the display followed by a 2 digit number and it's always a multiple of 10, e.g. 00, 60, 90, etc. What is that number?

#7208 6 years ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

I don't have a lot of experience with modern pinball machines (most of my experience was in the 70s) and I have what may be a stupid question; at the end of every match, there's an explosion on the display followed by a 2 digit number and it's always a multiple of 10, e.g. 00, 60, 90, etc. What is that number?

Match. If the last two digits of your final game score match that number, you get a free game.

#7209 6 years ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

I actually think your lack of knowledge is refreshing. Everybody around here is usually a know-it-all.

You'll learn something new in this hobby every day. Never be afraid to ask questions!

#7210 6 years ago

OK, now that many of you have had your SW pins at home for some extended time now, I'm curious to know...

PRO owners: Do you regret not spending the extra cash for the Premium?

PREMIUM owners: Do you feel the hyperloop and exploding Death Star justify the extra $$$ spent?

After playing both on location over the last few weeks, I'm truly torn between the two. Admittedly, my initial reaction to the Pro was that it was rather bare, while the Premium had more of an initial wow factor to me at first sight. I'm just not sure if it's $2k+ worth of wow. LOL Regardless, after spending more time on both, I found them both equally fun. I'm just trying to figure out which one to pull the trigger on.

#7211 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

No

#7212 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

OK, now that many of you have had your SW pins at home for some extended time now, I'm curious to know...
PREMIUM owners: Do you feel the hyperloop and exploding Death Star justify the extra $$$ spent?
After playing both on location over the last few weeks, I'm truly torn between the two. Admittedly, my initial reaction to the Pro was that it was rather bare, while the Premium had more of an initial wow factor to me at first sight. I'm just not sure if it's $2k+ worth of wow. LOL Regardless, after spending more time on both, I found them both equally fun. I'm just trying to figure out which one to pull the trigger on.

I haven't played the pro...but I don't regret paying more for the premium. I can't imagine not having the hyperloop...such a rush. The theme was a grail pin for me...so I can justify the money a couple ways. I haven't blown up the Death Star yet, glad it's hard to do...kinda like being "in the zone" on TZ. My wife and I have about 350 plays on SW in a little over a week...can't stop playing it!

#7213 6 years ago

The Pro turned out to be a great buy for me. No regrets at all. Excellent pin !

@ japespin if you found them equally fun you won't be disappointed in either choice. You decide how much or what to spend your money on. Either model will be fun.

#7214 6 years ago

Both have their advantages, Pro is faster and the shots are cleaner (only played on location), the Premium has the Hyperloop which is great fun and adds to the wow factor. My guests are surprised by it and usually say "whoa!" I couldn't see owning it at home without the loop. The Deathstar explosion isn't anything to write home about and is so rare in the game that it doesn't seem to be woth the money alone.

#7215 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Match. If the last two digits of your final game score match that number, you get a free game.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

I actually think your lack of knowledge is refreshing. Everybody around here is usually a know-it-all.
You'll learn something new in this hobby every day. Never be afraid to ask questions!

Thank you both. @beelzeboob, prepare to be REALLY refreshed!

#7216 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

I haven't had my death star explode yet

As for the hyperloop, I really like it and the metal wireforms compared to plastic ramps. The one thing I wish could be changed on the hyperloop is that instead of dropping the ball back down the death star ramp after a mission select, it could instead use the magnets to toss the ball (Shadow ball lock toss) around to feed the right inlane. I asked Dwight about it, but I didn't get an answer on that. It might not be possible or could be too much trouble to program.

If you can afford it, go premium. If you are on a tight budget, go pro.

One thing I've noticed, I haven't seen a used LE come up for sale yet on pinside yet. That in itself says people must be happy with their games.

Rob

#7217 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Had a great game last night

Why is the translate purple/pink color?

#7218 6 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Why is the translate purple/pink color?

I dunno but it don't look right. Washes out all the colours. Each to their own I guess

#7219 6 years ago

Ok... the posts about getting to the Death Star exploding had me wondering one thing? Is this similar in any way to getting to DTR in LOTR? The light show and flipper craziness is one of my favorite things ever in pinball, but I've only done it like 3-4 times in the last year. Is it similar in difficulty to get to it? And is it similar in how the pin reacts once you do? If the answer is no for both, I can't help but think it's a lost opportunity... but admittedly I don't own SW yet so have very little clue about the overall rules and gameplay. Forgive me if this is like comparing apples and oranges... or Hobbits and Jedi.

#7220 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Ok... the posts about getting to the Death Star exploding had me wondering one thing? Is this similar in any way to getting to DTR in LOTR? The light show and flipper craziness is one of my favorite things ever in pinball, but I've only done it like 3-4 times in the last year. Is it similar in difficulty to get to it? And is it similar in how the pin reacts once you do? If the answer is no for both, I can't help but think it's a lost opportunity... but admittedly I don't own SW yet so have very little clue about the overall rules and gameplay. Forgive me if this is like comparing apples and oranges... or Hobbits and Jedi.

From what I have seen in video...not like that. But, this is a very good early code compared to LOTR. I have faith that this will be epic light, sound, and all out show in the end.

#7221 6 years ago

I actually have only one question left about this game: Where the f**k is the overpriced topper???

#7222 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I actually have only one question left about this game: Where the f**k is the overpriced topper???

Agreed!! I suspect they will show it closer to the release of the next Star Wars...marketing and such.

#7223 6 years ago

It'll be my one Christmas gift so I just need it before then.

#7224 6 years ago

Looks like they already dropped the projection part of the R2D2 topper...

#7225 6 years ago

Since 0.89 the projector disappeared from the code. But that mean it will be not present anymore ?

#7226 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And the pinblade artwork.

#7227 6 years ago

Got tired of waiting so I ordered a set and installed them. I thought these looked pretty good.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinblade-designs-from-pingraffix#post-3965798

#7228 6 years ago

'I have faith that this will be epic light, sound, and all out show in the end.'

Sorry, can't let this go without asking what exactly are you basing this faith upon? Dwight won't even commit to finishing GB... and Stern track record is not trending well in code department. I hope he doesn't also abandon SW early

#7229 6 years ago

What happened to the good ol' days when you could walk up to a pinball machine you never played before and just start learning the rules by playing it?

I have only about 7 plays on Star Wars so far but aside from shooting the tie fighters I have no clue as to what I'm supposed to be doing on this machine.

I guess I'll watch the near hour long tutorials on YouTube.

#7230 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

What happened to the good ol' days when you could walk up to a pinball machine you never played before and just start learning the rules by playing it?
I have only about 7 plays on Star Wars so far but aside from shooting the tie fighters I have no clue as to what I'm supposed to be doing on this machine.

I felt the exact same way, no idea what I was meant to be doing. The game is in desperate need of a tutorial, then again if its that complicated you need a tutorial, its already failed. At the very least it needs some callouts.

#7231 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I felt the exact same way, no idea what I was meant to be doing. The game is in desperate need of a tutorial, then again if its that complicated you need a tutorial, its already failed. At the very least it needs some callouts.

That's a big issue I think, no callouts and the game is so fast you can't look up at the screen to know what to shoot. Inserts flashing different colors, hard to follow. Still, I find myself pushing the start button quite a bit.

#7232 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

We have put around 80 games on ours and still have no clue. Stacking modes, multipliers and hurry ups all going at the same time. You look up at the screen to see what is going on and lose the ball. I am sure if we keep playing we will work it out over time. Game is definitely different and has lots going on. My wife loves it.

#7233 6 years ago

I found I was best able to digest the game by spending some alone time to just casually go through it (a little easier when you own one), and then reading over the rule sheet here http://tiltforums.com/t/star-wars-rulesheet-0-83/2812

The rules sheet on tilt forums is a little older, but the core objectives and goals still apply. Tweaks to the game have been more adjustments to sounds or timers or little tweaks to minor details. you can read the code release readme on the stern website to see what they've changed in the code in later revisions, but there shouldn't be any show stoppers.

As I was reading through the rule sheet after I had played the game a handful of times, I had lots of "Ah Ha!" moments. Everything made a lot more sense the next time I physically put myself in front of the game.

I love this game for the mere fact that its something you need to slow down and think about playing. There is such an emphasis on the shot multiplier to blow up the score by trapping the ball, unlocking and moving your multiplier, and locking it back in before you execute your next shot, all while the shot multiplier timer is counting down on you. It's intense, and sometimes confusing, but so rewarding once you get a grip on it.

Here is a short video clip where I took the shot multiplier to 20x and worked through the shots in the Escape from Boba Fett mode, all while keeping the shot multiplier alive and getting a pretty decent reward for doing so.

#7234 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I found I was best able to digest the game by spending some alone time to just casually go through it...

You know this time I decided not to look at anything rules wise and just find it on my own; and it's been fun.
Much like GOT people should really just focus on the game/modes itself, get all that down, then work on multipliers.
Of all the complaints I hear aboot pressing buttons on here, and of course the ever present "I don't like my flow killed bro," SW could be a game that drives people over the edge (if it hasn't already). It's really how much you want to use that button and move shots around...which can be extensive.

#7235 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's really how much you want to use that button and move shots around...which can be extensive.

Star Wars is actually more mechanically complex than it is complex in its rules.

Star Wars isn't as much deep as it just has a lot happening at once. The only stuff that might be confusing is how and what you get from the drop targets, the Boba Fett hurry up trigger, and the add-a-ball mechanic. It's more about just trying to track everything that's happening, because a lot of stuff stacks real deep. Mechanically though, it's pretty intense if you are really going to maximize the score.

#7236 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Mechanically though, it's pretty intense if you are really going to maximize the score.

Yes that is my point...total flow killer dude

#7237 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

I am absolutely loving my LE, I would opt for the premium over the Pro. I played the pro on location about 50 games. Thought I would be fine with that version but after playing the LE I loved the hyoerloo, and decided to get the LE since it's my all time grail theme. The premium is a better buy for the money, I put the pr I'm translight in because I liked that better than the LE version.

#7238 6 years ago

So I'm curious on the hyper loop. How often is it utilized? Are casual players able to walk up and get it going to? Trying to figure out if it's worth it over the pro.

#7239 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So I'm curious on the hyper loop. How often is it utilized? Are casual players able to walk up and get it going to? Trying to figure out if it's worth it over the pro.

I find it is used fairly often. The shot can be hard though. If you just play a couple games, will take luck. If you spend some time on it, you'll definitely see it. For me, it is a major rush.

#7240 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I own a pro, but from what I've seen of the premium, the ball goes into the hyper loop when you get the hyperspace hurry up Death Star shot, or start Hyper Space mulitball. Hyperspace hurry up should be fairly easy, complete your rebel lanes on the returns and it should go towarding lighting a yellow shot on the right ramp or left orbit to start the hurry up.

#7241 6 years ago

I'm having a difficult time deciding if it's worth$2k more. I think it seems to add at least something unique, but man, $2k is a lot for that one main difference.

#7242 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm having a difficult time deciding if it's worth$2k more. I think it seems to add at least something unique, but man, $2k is a lot for that one main difference.

In my opinion, it doesn't change the way you play the game. Same shots, maybe the Premium/LE just slows down the game a little bit because of how it ties the balls up for a bit as they travel around the loop. It's not as big of a game changer as say comparing AC/DC pro to the premium, or GOT premium vs pro. Save your two grand and buy another older game in addition to the SW Pro

#7243 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Out of all the pros ive owned ive never regreted the buy. Not because the pro is great value or even better in some cases. It just doesnt work that way. If you get either you will be happy. Sometimes ive had a pro then upgraded later on but ive never thought to myself i made a bad choice. Plus i have 4k extra now sitting in my pocket ready for the next pin.

#7244 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

I have the premium, and the hyperloop is a blast. I haven't played the pro, but I can hit the horseshoe loop from both sides, and the ball screams (with the fork ramp down...as if the hyperloop wasn't there). Star Wars was a grail pin for me, so I can justify the extra cash. I own a Met pro...I didn't see the extra value in the premium, and felt the added features slowed game play. Bottom line, if you're on the fence....I agree with @john1210, go with the pro.

#7245 6 years ago

Does anybody know where or how you can purchase the back glass art work for the various models? I have a LE but would like all the art work for each model.

#7246 6 years ago
Quoted from Behnendl:

Does anybody know where or how you can purchase the back glass art work for the various models? I have a LE but would like all the art work for each model.

I thought the LE came with all 3 translites.

#7247 6 years ago

Yeah, my LE came with all 3 translites.
Behnendl contact your distributor and let them know you didn't receive the tube with the extra translites.
They should hopefully contact Stern to send them out.
You could also call Chas at Stern support and see if he'll send these out directly to you.

#7248 6 years ago
Quoted from Behnendl:

Look inside your machine. There should be a cylinder with the other 2 translights.

#7249 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm having a difficult time deciding if it's worth$2k more.

It's all aboot what 2K is worth to your pockets

2K is a lot for me...so no goddamn way I would spend it here. But for me most Prem+ wouldn't even get a thought.

#7250 6 years ago

I would love the hyper loop but decided to buy the Pro and spend the extra cash to splurge on an AC/DC premium. If I had a smaller collection I'd go for the premium, but I'm totally loving the pro so it's all good!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 26.50
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 10.95
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/145?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.