8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 150.
#7051 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I would think it has to be the right flipper. No matter how much you torque the shield to the left, it's still pointing to the guide on the right which is aimed down toward the right flipper. No idea how you could get it to the left. Perhaps trekkie1978 could chime in on this one...

Always goes to the left flipper on the Pro route machine at 1Up in Denver. Maybe the range of adjustability varies game to game, or between the Pro and LE?

#7052 6 years ago

I have only played a couple dozen games and just noticed all the divots already! This is my first NIB game, is that to be expected? I have newer IM and see some divots there too but really surprised at this. The playfield is beautiful and hate to see it. Do the divots just blend together as time goes on? I have other old games like DESW and dont see any divots but maybe the whole field is one big divot? I did read some rants about the stern clearcoats. Is this a poor quality issue or an inexperience with a perfectly new field?

#7053 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I have only played a couple dozen games and just noticed all the divots already! This is my first NIB game, is that to be expected? I have newer IM and see some divots there too but really surprised at this. The playfield is beautiful and hate to see it. Do the divots just blend together as time goes on? I have other old games like DESW and dont see any divots but maybe the whole field is one big divot? I did read some rants about the stern clearcoats. Is this a poor quality issue or an inexperience with a perfectly new field?

I had similar concerns, but it's just pinball life.

To set your mind at ease: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-dimple-reality-check

#7054 6 years ago

Divots are normal

#7055 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Divots are normal. Stop looking so close and enjoy the game.

#7056 6 years ago

If you want a perfect Ferrari...stop driving/playing it and just look at it.

#7057 6 years ago

Kinda what i thought. I will have to play enough to dimple everywhere.

#7058 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Kinda what i thought. I will have to play enough to dimple everywhere.

That's my strategy. I have around 800 games and the area between the flippers/bumpers is looking pretty uniform.
Still notable dimpled upstream where the character art is.

#7059 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I would think it has to be the right flipper. No matter how much you torque the shield to the left, it's still pointing to the guide on the right which is aimed down toward the right flipper. No idea how you could get it to the left. Perhaps trekkie1978 could chime in on this one...

I loosened the 2 screws on the scoop, torque it to the left, but you must keep pressure going left as you tighten the bolts.

I a couple hundred games, I've only had 1 straight down the middle...but I think it was user error by flipping too soon.

#7060 6 years ago

MattS skyrex Apollyon I really like GoT Pro. I play it on location whenever I find one. The Premium is cool too, but the Pro is the one I've played extensively, and I really enjoy it. Still got get more time in on Star Wars though. Found a place locally that has it, so I plan on giving it some run-time this weekend. You guys got me thinking about "both" as a legit option now. LOL

#7061 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have to say, it's such a shame that some posters made it their mission to destroy this game before people got their hands on it.
Everyone who has played my LE has been blown away by it.

Agreed. The bitching and moaning about this game really left me doubting my decision to buy it.

I sold my Cirqus Voltaire and a few other games to help fund my SWLE purchase. I am much more happy with my SW LE than I was with my CV.
The gameplay is simply amazing. This game fills the void that GOT left when I opted to sell that.

#7062 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

This game fills the void that GOT left when I opted to sell that.

YIKES! That was a mistake...

#7063 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have to say, it's such a shame that some posters made it their mission to destroy this game before people got their hands on it.
Everyone who has played my LE has been blown away by it.

Only two games so far on mine (that will change significantly over the weekend ), and I have to say it's gorgeous, immersive as hell, and a lot of fun. Sound seems great and the LCDs are awesome.

My kids (4 and 7) loved it (they both played a game), and their favorite part was picking a character, even though they have no idea what that means (hell, I barely understand it so far )

#7064 6 years ago

What angle are you guys running your premium/le at? I'm getting a lot of rejected death star shots, seems you need to hit it pretty much perfectly to have a chance of making it up the ramp.

#7065 6 years ago

I just picked up my SW Premium last night from my Stern dealer. Gotpinball.com in Largo,Florida. It's brand new in box. I inboxed it this morning, put it together and have played less than 10 games on it. It is a blast!! I love the faster pin games. Along with my Iron Man Vault Edition this Star Wars Premium is a beast of a game.

I played the SW Pro and glad I opted to get the Premium. Good luck to all who traded, sold or put a lot of hard earned money into buying to get your choice of Star Wars. No issues here.

10 games in and very happy with this title.

#7066 6 years ago
Quoted from sprite:

What angle are you guys running your premium/le at? I'm getting a lot of rejected death star shots, seems you need to hit it pretty much perfectly to have a chance of making it up the ramp.

I set my premium to exactly 6.5 degrees and made sure the back of the playfield was level and made sure between the slings is completely level. The flipper coil strengths are at the default.

I get pretty much no rejects from the death star ramp. If you flub and hit a target first it might not go up, but seems to be pretty smooth and consistent. You can occasionally do it from a left hander also, but that isn't very reliable. I try to left hand often when timers are running down and thrilled when it works.

#7067 6 years ago
Quoted from sprite:

Quoted from Chambahz:

REGARDING THE DEATHSTAR SHOT ON THE LE/PREMIUM MODELS:
first of all, yes, you can backhand it -but it's REALLY tough. Probably more lucky than anything else.
BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY..
If your DeathStar shot (the drop ramp) is rejecting, here's what I did to fix it.
On the left side of your Death Star, and just underneath, there's a nut, holding a wire loop that secures the wire ramp.
Lift the playfield onto the rubber stoppers, and then lift the back of the playfield high enough that you can access that Death Star nut.
(Two people would be ideal as it's tough to hold the playfield up in one hand, adjust the wire loop, and tighten the nut with a nut driver all at once)
But you do just that. Because essentially the ball was launching up the fork ramp, and hitting the underside of the wire ramp. It slows down, and rejects.
Now the first time that I adjusted the height of the wire ramp, I raised it all the way. The fork ramp shot was fine, but the ball couldnt make it through the Deathstar when it went through the HyperSpace ramp/accelerator.
So I loostened off the nut a little, and lowered the wire loop, and tightened the nut again. Presto!
WOW -WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!
For the first time, I was able to start the HyperSpace hurry-up, lock a ball in the accelerator, and repeat another 3 times.
Four balls shooting around, and I'm trying to get a fifth one in there...
Farkin epic pinball-ness, if I ever saw it!!!
If any of you are considering whether the LE is worth the extra cash, well -it's probably not. BUT THE PREMIUM DEFINITELY IS!!!!
(And I love my LE)
STEVE RITCHIE IS THE KING!

#7068 6 years ago

While i dont consider myself a total expert on this, i will say i think the quality of the SWLE is outstanding. The slide brackets are far improved. The stand brackets are also outstanding, i was surprised to see rubber bumpers installed on the stands! I dont belive the slide stands were included on the pro models? The table is also balanced and so easy to lift (not that others are hard to lift but cool to see it well designed). I did have an issue with the center select button and emailed Stern, they replied immediately! There has been so much Stern negativity that is unwarranted. These games just get better all the time.

#7069 6 years ago

Thanks. Do you have a picture of approximately where you have it set now? I'm able to get the ball in there about 50% of the time on nice clean shots, but a lot of times it just goes up there and falls back down without registering the shot. Seems like mine would just need a minor adjustment, but not sure if I need to move it up or down.

#7070 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I did have an issue with the center select button and emailed Stern, they replied immediately!

What issue? Mine sticks sometimes.

Rob

#7071 6 years ago
Quoted from sprite:

Thanks. Do you have a picture of approximately where you have it set now? I'm able to get the ball in there about 50% of the time on nice clean shots, but a lot of times it just goes up there and falls back down without registering the shot. Seems like mine would just need a minor adjustment, but not sure if I need to move it up or down.

Put it all the way up, then drop it just a little, and test the hyperspace loop to make sure the ball can completely go around without getting stuck in the death star. You want to leave it as high as possible, providing the most clearance available for the ramp fork, without blocking the death star loop.

#7072 6 years ago

Glad to hear the comments about GOT and SW being a good potential both proposition for those trying to choose one or the other. SW Pro was my first NIB game. I had a tough time choosing. I debated back and forth in my head between the two and bought the SW. I'll certainly consider adding a GOT also in the future if the right circumstance and $ makes it possible.

Star Wars is a great game. All visitors and friends that have played mine are Wowed !

I have mine leveled with the bubble in the middle. And then side to side by using the ball roll method. Plays great - I don't have an overabundance of STDM.

The only adjustments I have made are increased ball save time and reducing the number of Tie Fighter kills to trigger Tie Fighter multiball a bit earlier.

I tried moving the left outlane post to reduce left drains. My experience was I still got about the same number of drains maybe even more - but different ones. More aggravating ones. Moved the post back to it's original position.

#7073 6 years ago

Im still in 2 minds. Have a pro ordered and paid for but can wait and pay the extra 2k for a premium. Le is out of the q as i just dont think the extras are worth it.

Anyone played both and have an opinion? Would be much appreciated.

#7074 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Im still in 2 minds. Have a pro ordered and paid for but can wait and pay the extra 2k for a premium. Le is out of the q as i just dont think the extras are worth it.
Anyone played both and have an opinion? Would be much appreciated.

I have played a pro and own an LE. Here's my honest opinion: Get a premium. The goodies on the premium/LE are so much fun, but of course the LE isn't worth it unless you're a fanboy nerd like me and you've gotta have it. The code is incomplete and it's a little buggy, but you can see how great it'll be if they give Dwight the time to work on it.

#7075 6 years ago

Go pro dam near the same as a prem save your money for the next pin

#7076 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have played a pro and own an LE. Here's my honest opinion: Get a premium. The goodies on the premium/LE are so much fun, but of course the LE isn't worth it unless you're a fanboy nerd like me and you've gotta have it. The code is incomplete and it's a little buggy, but you can see how great it'll be if they give Dwight the time to work on it.

I just want to add, the launch code for this game is excellent. It shouldn't take Dwight long to finish the code.

#7077 6 years ago

It's really only the hyper loop shot that has me interested. Everything else is of no interest. The pro, and I'm only going on game play video, just seems to be missing that one magic shot even though there isn't an added shot as such just the elevated ramp to hyper loop. But really 2k for a ramp hmmmm that's a good head start to the next purchase.

#7078 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

It's really only the hyper loop shot that has me interested. Everything else is of no interest. The pro, and I'm only going on game play video, just seems to be missing that one magic shot even though there isn't an added shot as such just the elevated ramp to hyper loop. But really 2k for a ramp hmmmm that's a good head start to the next purchase.

If you're going to buy Star Wars, at least play an LE/Premium before deciding.
To me, it's the hyperspace loop that makes the game.

#7079 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

If you're going to buy Star Wars, at least play an LE/Premium before deciding.
To me, it's the hyperspace loop that makes the game.

That loop gets the adrenaline going. Especially in hyperspace multi-ball, when trying to add more to the loop.

I'm also really digging the multipliers on this game. It's one thing to have shots multiplied, it's another thing to actually control which shots the multiplier goes to.

This game is another overreaction via the crowd think on pinside. This is easily one of Steve Ritchie's best designs.

#7080 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What issue? Mine sticks sometimes.
Rob

It was "stuck" closed, adjusted leaves and all good now

#7081 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Put it all the way up, then drop it just a little, and test the hyperspace loop to make sure the ball can completely go around without getting stuck in the death star. You want to leave it as high as possible, providing the most clearance available for the ramp fork, without blocking the death star loop.

Thanks. Death Star shot works perfectly now.

Edit: Played it some more, what a game changer. Can even backhand the death star shot pretty reliably. Haven't had a single rejection since making the adjustment.

#7082 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's really weird that several of us had the same issue with the right EOS switch needing adjusting.
Rob

I got a right flipper EOS tech alert. I inspected it visually though and it looked fine. What's the proper way to test if it's working properly or needs adjustment? In coil test I can only fire the flipper not fire and hold. Also what's the proper way to adjust it, just bend the leaf?

#7083 6 years ago
Quoted from sprite:

I got a right flipper EOS tech alert. I inspected it visually though and it looked fine. What's the proper way to test if it's working properly or needs adjustment? In coil test I can only fire the flipper not fire and hold. Also what's the proper way to adjust it, just bend the leaf?

Could be a software bug. If believe GOT had a bunch of technician alerts when nothing was wrong.

#7084 6 years ago
Quoted from sprite:

Push the plunger in with your finger right on the end of the plunger. Looks for the EOS switch to close/open only in the last 1/8th of the plunger motion. No earlier or you will loose power. No later either. The correct way to adjust is by bending the leaf where the actuator contacts it.

#7085 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Could be a software bug. If believe GOT had a bunch of technician alerts when nothing was wrong.

If I remember right that was because they left Pro switches in the Premium diag check. So when they were never activated, they bounced onto the diag menu as a problem.

#7086 6 years ago

I'm really interested to hear from the new premium owners...
Did Stern install the new front corner braces on the Premiums as they did in the LE's.
Pictures please !

#7087 6 years ago

Ugh my premium just stopped working after 75 games. Ramp stuck in up position.

Edit: False alarm. The motor power wire had come lose somehow.

#7088 6 years ago

As someone who has a Ferrari, I can promise you these things are anything but perfect even when factory new. You can complain to them all you want, but the answer is always "sorry, hand made!"

Quoted from dnapac:

If you want a perfect Ferrari...stop driving/playing it and just look at it.

#7089 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I'm really interested to hear from the new premium owners...
Did Stern install the new front corner braces on the Premiums as they did in the LE's.
Pictures please !

Yes they installed the williams leg brackets and corner braces on the premium. I don't have a pic but checked for them when I got it.

#7090 6 years ago

I played a Premium for several games today and it was quite impressive. One thing that it did not strike me as was cheap or empty. To start with there has got to be 15 feet of metal ramp on the playfield LOL. I loved the two LCD displays. The use of the mini screen was really great from the player's vantage and the main screen was certainly eye candy for spectators. So many video clips. The sound was amazing. So crystal clear and gave me chills a few times when familiar Star Wars music came on! It is cool they the did the ball saver on the right side instead of the same old same old on the left. I do kind of miss the Steve Ritchie third flipper and upper ramp, but the Hyper ramp certainly is a cool replacement. The guy who was playing the game before me got 8 billion plus, so I was able to see a lot of cool stuff. Even at this point the software is as damn good and has tons of variety and modes. I am a big fan of Dwight's software in the past and you can see in the dead flip video that he is enjoying working on this game.

#7091 6 years ago

Anyone notice how loud the fan is in the backbox? Mine kicks on even when the game is idle.

I am also getting the right flipper error. Is that legit or something with the code?

#7092 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Anyone notice how loud the fan is in the backbox? Mine kicks on even when the game is idle.

That is normal for the spike system. Very annoying.

#7093 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Yes they installed the williams leg brackets and corner braces on the premium. I don't have a pic but checked for them when I got it.

Hooray ! Thanks for letting us know!

#7094 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I am also getting the right flipper error. Is that legit or something with the code?

The fan is a bit loud. When I 1st got my ghost busters it seemed really loud but now after a year I don't even think about it. I never hear it in game play only when the machine sits on in a quiet room. That's the way all spike &spike II games are .

#7095 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

The fan is a bit loud. When I 1st got my ghost busters it seemed really loud but now after a year I don't even think about it. I never hear it in game play only when the machine sits on in a quiet room. That's the way all spike &spike II games are .

May I ask what the exact location in the BB and geometry of the PSU looks like. I am thinking about modifying it with a replacement fan of 60mm (not 40mm , like the original). This however would probably require a fan-adapter funnel type, like the one I attached a photo of.

I am wondering if there is space for that on the outside of the PSU... If someone had a photo of the insode of the backbox I could start thinking in more detail and maybe pre-ordering the part.

06927_o (resized).jpg06927_o (resized).jpg

#7096 6 years ago

Anybody know how much replacement translites cost through a distributor? Or, any LE owners want to sell their PRO translite? If so, PM me with details.

#7097 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Going to replace my Spike fan with quieter - doesn't seem too difficult to do. Can't leave the game on in a row of pins when that thing kicks off!

#7098 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

May I ask what the exact location in the BB and geometry of the PSU looks like. I am thinking about modifying it with a replacement fan of 60mm (not 40mm , like the original). This however would probably require a fan-adapter funnel type, like the one I attached a photo of.
I am wondering if there is space for that on the outside of the PSU... If someone had a photo of the insode of the backbox I could start thinking in more detail and maybe pre-ordering the part.

It's on the right side...you should have plenty of room (I was holding a green binder in front of the lights).

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized you are in Germany. The pic is for a 120V power supply.

IMAG1264[1] (resized).jpgIMAG1264[1] (resized).jpg

#7099 6 years ago

I have replaced fans in network switches, i guess mfg just assume these things always go in noisy environments and nobody cares. This is my first newer pin and this is certainly a surprise this is normal. It seems to kick on and kick off. Shouldnt the fan be varible speed? Even my pool pump is variable speed!

Please post any photos of fan replacement options.

#7100 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I have replaced fans in network switches, i guess mfg just assume these things always go in noisy environments and nobody cares. This is my first newer pin and this is certainly a surprise this is normal. It seems to kick on and kick off. Shouldnt the fan be varible speed? Even my pool pump is variable speed!
Please post any photos of fan replacement options.

The fan is either on or of, no speed control. It is easy to get to and replace or just put a quiet 12v fan inside the head pointing at the power supply. That will keep the the fan from coming on at all. All of the new age machines have fans. I can hear WOZ from my living room when it is on. I plan on putting a replacement fan in SW when mine arrives.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 21.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/142?hl=jp335i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.