8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 150.
#7001 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

We got our NIB star wars pro before the weekend, to our club in oslo.
As someone mentioned some pages ago, we also are having issues with a strong detah star shot sending the ball SDTM.
I went over it yesterday, made sure the right orbit exit (hoth shot) and the area near the flippers are level, and as far I can tell with a levelling tool, they are. Still it goes STDM. Any tips on how to fix this? Do we have to make the back of the machine some 0.x degress unlevel, if so to which side would be most effective?

Okay...I just fixed this on mine. Thanks to Trekkie1978 , whose advice I've been following since I got my machine, I lowered the pitch so that the bubble was between the lines on the level...more along the lines of a 6.5 degree pitch (it's already fast enough!). That has pretty much fixed the problem, believe it or not.

I love a 7+ degree pitch as much as other adrenaline junkies, but this game seems to have been designed with the standard 6.5 in mind. You may still have to play with the side-to-side level, but try it perfectly level around 6.5 (bubble between the lines) and see if you're doing better with that.

The bitch is that the inner loop will still send the ball screaming toward my flippers where it will literally skip right over them and drain. Not sure what anybody can do about that...sounds like a Ghostbusters thing.

#7002 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay...I just fixed this on mine. ....

you already got your LE ?

#7003 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The bitch is that the inner loop will still send the ball screaming toward my flippers where it will literally skip right over them and drain. Not sure what anybody can do about that...sounds like a Ghostbusters thing.

Put some more dimples in the playfield and maybe it'll slow down a bit

#7004 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Is there an echo in here?

Yes.

#7006 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

you already got your LE ?

Yes.

#7007 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Put some more dimples in the playfield and maybe it'll slow down a bit

To do that, I'd have to not suck. That's why my games always look so perfect.

#7008 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

... but this game seems to have been designed with the standard 6.5 in mind....

...but try it perfectly level around 6.5 (bubble between the lines) and see if you're doing better with that....

They all are

Never trust a bubble

#7009 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They all are
Never trust a bubble

I never do...because mine are usually all the way at the top where I can't see them.

#7010 6 years ago

Premiums are shipping! Today I received shipping confirmation from The Pinball Company that my Premium SW is officially in transit. Thank you all for the detailed setup and game config info! Like many others, this is my first NIB pin too!

#7011 6 years ago
Quoted from Moortus:

Premiums are shipping! Today I received shipping confirmation from The Pinball Company that my Premium SW is officially in transit. Thank you all for the detailed setup and game config info! Like many others, this is my first NIB pin too!

Congratulations! Mine is sitting in the loading dock being delivered Friday.

#7012 6 years ago

Premium has landed.

Funniest thing is my power was out (someone hit a pole) while I was waiting on it. Then as soon as they got it to the door the power flipped on.

Now for setup and playing.

IMG_3887 (resized).JPGIMG_3887 (resized).JPG

#7013 6 years ago

Where did you get the Music Note Topper??

#7014 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Where did you get the Music Note Topper??

What's funny is you can't even see my wife's grand piano behind the box. The pin wall is to the left out of the picture (Tron is going out in my game room).

#7015 6 years ago

Tron won't be gone for long........

#7016 6 years ago

Premium has landed.
Funniest thing is my power was out (someone hit a pole) while I was waiting on it. Then as soon as they got it to the door the power flipped on.
Now for setup and playing.

I'm worried about that hole in the box

#7017 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I'm worried about that hole in the box

It was a tiny hole. Distributor ripped it open to make sure it didn't touch anything before accepting. I also checked. All good.

I've been playing the crap out of it. I posted in the other thread too but essentially this is a blast and it looks fantastic with the metal Ramps and all.

My hyperspace ramp is working perfect. I can easily hit it from the right flipper. I can also back hand it from left but it's tight. Ball hasn't fallen off once. Game is at 6.5 and leveled left to right. Although I will have to check that again after it settles in.

Only issue I had was having to adjust an EOS switch on right flipper.

Came with .89 code and my scores aren't near as high as older code in a pro. Seems much more sane.

I'm probably going to do white powder coating or all chrome trim sooner or later. My plan was to always upgrade my premium with he money I saved from an LE. This game is begging for mirror blades so probably get those next.

IMG_3888 (resized).JPGIMG_3888 (resized).JPG

#7018 6 years ago

Only issue I had was having to adjust an EOS switch on right flipper.

It's really weird that several of us had the same issue with the right EOS switch needing adjusting.

Rob

#7019 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They all are
Never trust a bubble

Yup, couldn't understand why ours didn't want to level - bubble was not attached properly...

#7020 6 years ago

Just got the e-mail. My premium is coming next week! Gonna have mirror blades, shake motor, and blue lighted flipper buttons installed. Kinda sad as my TZ and Cyclone will be leaving, but I find I'm not playing them much anymore, so time for a rotation, and SW is a grail game for me.

#7021 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's really weird that several of us had the same issue with the right EOS switch needing adjusting.
Rob

It is, but I usually tweak the EOS and the slingshots. The flipper just felt weak and then when I opened the playfield to look it was obvious the switch wasn't set anything close to the left side.

#7022 6 years ago

From day 1, I've had mode stacking turned off. I wanted to understand each mode before tackling two of them at once.
Last night I tried stacking modes. Very different experience.
I chose Han Solo, and took "light Tatooine mission", then made the left ramp three times to qualify the final Endor mission.
After completing those two modes, I started the stacked multiball modes for each. During those modes, I triggered tie fighter multiball. Of course, I was able to take down the FORCE target bank a few times, and was able to add a ball and extend the multiballs at least twice.
Much more chaotic. Way more adrenaline. Lots going on.
But I think I prefer the non-stacking modes as it definitely pulls you in to the theme better.

Thoughts?

#7023 6 years ago

Just got text from my distro. Going to pick up my premium now.

#7024 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

From day 1, I've had mode stacking turned off. I wanted to understand each mode before tackling two of them at once.
Last night I tried stacking modes. Very different experience.
I chose Han Solo, and took "light Tatooine mission", then made the left ramp three times to qualify the final Endor mission.
After completing those two modes, I started the stacked multiball modes for each. During those modes, I triggered tie fighter multiball. Of course, I was able to take down the FORCE target bank a few times, and was able to add a ball and extend the multiballs at least twice.
Much more chaotic. Way more adrenaline. Lots going on.
But I think I prefer the non-stacking modes as it definitely pulls you in to the theme better.
Thoughts?

Funny as I did exactly the same thing as you just last night except I think I did different missions than you. I've been doing stacking of modes since day one and have recently found myself trying to play the modes individually to better understand each one, but the thrill of stacking modes together, throwing in some stacked multiball fun it really makes for a more intense game; however, I feel like I accomplish more doing them separately. I've left the setting on to allow them, and just choose to do what I feel like doing at the time. Feel like going on a journey, play the modes individually. Feel like some crazy intense play, stack the modes and enjoy. However you decide to play it, it's a fantastic game. I could not be happier with my first NIB.

Has anyone had any problems with tie fighter multiball on this latest code where when it starts it spits out two balls into the shooter lane too close to one another and then they both get auto-plunged together? I didn't notice this behavior on any of the older code.

#7025 6 years ago
Quoted from auntagnes:

Funny as I did exactly the same thing as you just last night except I think I did different missions than you. I've been doing stacking of modes since day one and have recently found myself trying to play the modes individually to better understand each one, but the thrill of stacking modes together, throwing in some stacked multiball fun it really makes for a more intense game; however, I feel like I accomplish more doing them separately. I've left the setting on to allow them, and just choose to do what I feel like doing at the time. Feel like going on a journey, play the modes individually. Feel like some crazy intense play, stack the modes and enjoy. However you decide to play it, it's a fantastic game. I could not be happier with my first NIB.
Has anyone had any problems with tie fighter multiball on this latest code where when it starts it spits out two balls into the shooter lane too close to one another and then they both get auto-plunged together? I didn't notice this behavior on any of the older code.

Make sure your "in shooter lane switch" is making firmly and right away. If you happen to have installed a cliffy in the shooter lane, this can change the ball height enough to cause a problem making quick contact in the switch.
We saw this problem on GB. Adjusting the switch (raising it) fixed the problem.
If you test the switch, use a ball to roll over it. The switch test should respond before the ball comes to rest.

#7026 6 years ago

Picked up my premium today. Only played two quick games but loving it so far.

IMG_6411 (resized).JPGIMG_6411 (resized).JPG

#7027 6 years ago
Quoted from sprite:

How do you like having both Star Wars AND Game of Thrones in the lineup at home?

Do you feel they're too similar, or do they differentiate enough to keep both long-term together?

The reason I ask is because I want a Star Wars, but the wife wants GoT. lol

I can potentially get both, but have leaning towards getting one or the other, since they're both Steve Ritchie "flow" type games.

#7028 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

How do you like having both Star Wars AND Game of Thrones in the lineup at home?
Do you feel they're too similar, or do they differentiate enough to keep both long-term together?
I can potentially get both, but have leaning towards getting one or the other, since they're both Steve Ritchie "flow" type games.

I have SWLE and GOT pro, the are completely different in the way they shoot.
Layout may look similar but the gameplay is not the same at all.

#7029 6 years ago
Quoted from sprite:

Soooo....do you like Steve Ritchie games?

#7030 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

I have SWLE and GOT pro, the are completely different in the way they shoot.
Layout may look similar but the gameplay is not the same at all.

MattS Thanks for the input. Could you elaborate on the difference in the way they shoot? Pertaining to the way the game is coded? The general tempo of how it plays?

I actually like the way GOT plays.

I've heard from multiple people here on Pinside early on that Star Wars is like GOT, but faster.

#7031 6 years ago

New Lego Millennium Falcon model announced today... One heck of a topper. LOL
7,541 pieces, $800.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/31/16234244/lego-star-wars-millennium-falcon-set-7541-pieces-800-dollars

#7032 6 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

7,541 pieces, $800.

Probably cheaper than what Stern's will be. Just sayin'...

#7033 6 years ago

I have to say, it's such a shame that some posters made it their mission to destroy this game before people got their hands on it.

Everyone who has played my LE has been blown away by it.

#7034 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have to say, it's such a shame that some posters made it their mission to destroy this game before people got their hands on it.
Everyone who has played my LE has been blown away by it.

Don't be sad. The next Stern pin to come out will either be designed by Borg, have art by Dirty Donny or Zombie Yeti, or will be jammed with a bunch of plastic stuff to dress up the playfield. Either way, people will love the game before anybody even lays hands on it.

It's the yin and yang of Pinside. Nowadays the look of the game seems to be more important than the gameplay.

#7035 6 years ago

Any adjustments on the right hole kickback? It shoots right between the flippers almost every time. Really annoying. Table is level and pitched correctly.

#7036 6 years ago

My Premium has arrived in St. Louis at the distributor...will be delivered next Wednesday!

#7037 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Any adjustments on the right hole kickback? It shoots right between the flippers almost every time. Really annoying. Table is level and pitched correctly.

I dropped mine to 30...it helped a little.

#7038 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

... It's the yin and yang of Pinside. Nowadays the look of the game seems to be more important than the gameplay.

... and you pay more too (presumably, the artwork is worth more than the rest of the pin)

#7039 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Torque the scoop as far left as possible.

Take off the right ramp, take off the plastic above the scoop. You can access it with the hyperloop still in place. Set to 40.

#7040 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Torque the scoop as far left as possible.
Take off the right ramp, take off the plastic above the scoop. You can access it with the hyperloop still in place. Set to 40.

Worked for me. I eject to the right flipper, though...not to the left.

#7041 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Worked for me. I eject to the right flipper, though...not to the left.

As it can be tweaked to go either way, I wonder which way Steve Ritchie had it designed, for the right or the left flipper???

#7042 6 years ago

I have GOTLE and just got SWLE. Completely different games and I love them both as long term keepers. If possible play them. The quick ball drains with SW was a little startling at first but one quick modification and the game has been crazy fun since. Hyperspace multiball is so cool.

Love the upper play field with GOT and playing through all the houses to get to the iron throne is very satisfying. Honestly if possible I would get both. If it had to be one even though SW is the new kid on the block it would probably be GOT for me. Fortunately I don't have to make that decision. Any other questions feel free to post or message me. IMG_1625.JPG

#7043 6 years ago

Game room photo. Didn't load before for some reason.

IMG_1625 (resized).JPGIMG_1625 (resized).JPG

#7044 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

I agree with Skyrex. Get both. I have a GOT Premium and just got a SW LE. You can see my collection of games and of all of them, GOT premium was my favourite. Just ahead of Ironman, Met premium, Tron, TWD and LOTR. I love the speed and flow of GOT so much and the code is so well done. But now, SW LE has edged out GOT based on theme, shots and immersion. I would for sure buy both. No question.

And if you made me pick I would pick both.

#7045 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Just got my LE! My first NIB game. It looks way better in person. I think it is going to be a blast. I have a few thoughts & questions...
1- The action button in the lockdown doesnt seem to do anything. It is lit up but no action. It says it starts a single game and select options, but nothing. Ideas?

My friend's had the same issue. Gap issue on the switch. When the lock down bar is on, the switch is being closed (activated). Open up the space on the switch and it'll work.

#7046 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

I've heard from multiple people here on Pinside early on that Star Wars is like GOT, but faster.

That is definitely true, it's very fast.

I'm not a great player, decent at best, so I haven't gotten really deep into either game.
For me, GOT has great shots that seem easier to hit. I'm sure part of that is I have owned GOT for over a year and SW for a couple of weeks.
The immersion factor is way better (IMO) on SW, the music, call outs, and video integration tie in perfectly with the game. GOT still seems lacking in that department.
Yes, there are glitches in the early code but is an amazing game already.
As always, if there is any way you can play it before you buy definitely do, you know what they say about opinions.......

#7047 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

As it can be tweaked to go either way, I wonder which way Steve Ritchie had it designed, for the right or the left flipper???

I would think it has to be the right flipper. No matter how much you torque the shield to the left, it's still pointing to the guide on the right which is aimed down toward the right flipper. No idea how you could get it to the left. Perhaps Trekkie1978 could chime in on this one...

#7048 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

That is definitely true, it's very fast.
I'm not a great player, decent at best, so I haven't gotten really deep into either game.
For me, GOT has great shots that seem easier to hit. I'm sure part of that is I have owned GOT for over a year and SW for a couple of weeks.
The immersion factor is way better (IMO) on SW, the music, call outs, and video integration tie in perfectly with the game. GOT still seems lacking in that department.
Yes, there are glitches in the early code but is an amazing game already.
As always, if there is any way you can play it before you buy definitely do, you know what they say about opinions.......

I think the difference in displays gives SW the edge in immersion. You can't really compete when the dots suck.

What I'm amazed by is the speed of this game. I used to think ACDC was fast. Then GOT came out and was really fast. But this game? I was doing escape from Boba Fett with the lighting effects, hit the inner loop, and the ball was in the trough before I even knew what happened. With SW, literally if you blink, you can miss it.

#7049 6 years ago

Agree 110% about the display. I can't help but look at the other machines in my house.....particularly GOT and think how cool it would be if they had the big color display of Star Wars.

#7050 6 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

My friend's had the same issue. Gap issue on the switch. When the lock down bar is on, the switch is being closed (activated). Open up the space on the switch and it'll work.

Yep, worked!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 10.95
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/141 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.