8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 150.
#651 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Needs more Chewbacca. I even want him doing all the callouts.

In fact, screw an all-around Star Wars pin. If they made a Chewbacca pin I would think this was awesome. As it stands, meh.

#652 6 years ago

I've been waiting for this reveal for months in anticipation. Now taking a look at some of the images I've gotta say I'm disappointed especially with what the LE Model looks like. The play field art is without question some of the worst of modern era Stern pins. I like the cabinet art on the Pro & Premium they both look cool but I just don't understand the LE cabinet art.

I just hope gameplay and code live up to expectations but with the reveal I've been waiting to see I couldn't be more disappointed. And what's the price going to be on this one? YIKES!

BOO STERN BOO!

I really wish Pat Lawlor & JJP had obtained this license I imagine they would have hit a home run with it.

#653 6 years ago

Meh...

Good news is Aerosmith orders should not be impacted.

#654 6 years ago
Quoted from BlackKnight3000:

Seriously? It is 2017 and this is the best Stern could come up with? They couldn't even top the 25 year-old original Data East Star Wars!
In the immortal words of GOB Bluth, "COME ON!"
F'ing cash grab.

At this point, I still want to own a DESW a lot more than the new Stern...

#655 6 years ago

damn thing is thrown under the bus by what appears to be 95% of you. what percent has seen a gameplay video or know how it works?

#656 6 years ago

A swing and a miss for Stern on this one, there will be some pinsiders claim it's the best Stern yet!

#657 6 years ago

I showed the premium/le playfield photos to a guy a work who is not a follower of pinball, and he thought it looked absolutely amazing... These are the type of people that will stop to drop a coin in if the see one. I think this is going to be popular on route so operators should be happy.

I'm still excited for this game, It's a new pinball machine!

#658 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Well yes and no. The negativity seems to come quickly with these reveals but I think this is a grail pin for a lot of people and they're just disappointed by the unveiling.

#659 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I've been waiting for this reveal for months in anticipation. Now taking a look at some of the images I've gotta say I'm disappointed especially with what the LE Model looks like. The play field art is without question some of the worst of modern era Stern pins. I like the cabinet art on the Pro & Premium they both look cool but I just don't understand the LE cabinet art.
I just hope gameplay and code live up to expectations but with the reveal I've been waiting to see I couldn't be more disappointed. And what's the price going to be on this one? YIKES!
BOO STERN BOO!
I really wish Pat Lawlor & JJP had obtained this license I imagine they would have hit a home run with it.

IMG_3400 (resized).JPGIMG_3400 (resized).JPG

#660 6 years ago

The Emperor wants Pinside to keep up the hate, so I can get on a list for an LE when someone else backs out. This caught me off guard; I expected this a few more months from now.

#661 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

In fact, screw an all-around Star Wars pin. If they made a Chewbacca pin I would think this was awesome. As it stands, meh.

IMG_3400 (resized).JPGIMG_3400 (resized).JPG

#662 6 years ago

Horrible looking !!!!
Sure hope it plays great.

#663 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Horrible looking !!!!

Come back in a week and tell us what you think.

#664 6 years ago

I don't think it looks all that bad. It looks like what I expect a Stern should look like. However, I am still getting used to the LCD on the back glass though. Looks nice.

Not a fan of the PRO though - that hyperdrive ramp looks too cool to be left out of the PRO to be honest

PREM/LE looks to be the way to go right now for that reason alone.

#665 6 years ago

I'm very excited to see more detail. Naysayers are ridiculous around here... The art looks 100 times better than previous SW pins. They're jokes that I don't even want... this isn't perfect, but pretty nice imo.

This marks off the biggies for me:

1. Original trilogy
2. Loaded with shots/fan layout (two ramps, turnaround loop, orbits, scoop, 5 bank drops, 3 bank stand up/possibly motorized, mini lcd almost assuredly tired in with gameplay in some way.).
3. Modes o' plenty - hope they're fun and deep enough without being repetitive/wood chopping.
4. Colorful, decent art of my favorite theme and characters of all time, see number one

I can't wait to play it - I am hoping there are some neat details we're missing with this half-ass reveal too. If there are any diverters or features we're missing that will just be gravy. I think the mini lcd being a targeting computer or something, with animations of hits on ships or something similar as you score the targets would be epic. I hope it is that heavily integrated into to the gameplay. Honestly that could be pretty major. If the 3 bank is motorized and lowers and has something behind it? Awesome. The whitewood pic showing regular static stand-up targets may not be damning, it's an early proto, but certainly will be a little disappointing if accurate...

My biggest disappointment is probably that the Pro, the only model I'm likely to be able to swing, is missing the death star integration and hyperspace loop stuff. But I'm relieved the Pro has the drop targets and spinner at least, honestly. Hate it when they leave those simple items out.

#666 6 years ago
Quoted from ChanceKJ:

HOLY CRAP!!!!!
I was doing some digging on the Stern website and i JUST found a new high res picture of the Pro's playfield!!
http://www.goo.gl/h2wqjG

Haha, downvote my post all you want, but according to google analytics i fooled over 200 of you with that link

#667 6 years ago

I prefer the pro translite and cabinet the best. But a premium Playfield. That sucks.

#668 6 years ago

so much for a new theme or idea

#669 6 years ago
Quoted from ChanceKJ:

Haha, downvote my post all you want, but according to google analytics i fooled over 200 of you with that link

I clicked the link - twice

#670 6 years ago

Surprised no one has mentioned..........Drop targets on the PRO!

#671 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Surprised no one has mentioned..........Drop targets on the PRO!

It's just about the only "toy" the pro has.

#672 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's just about the only "toy" the pro has.

Seems that way. I think there's a scoop to the right.

#673 6 years ago

All I can think of is the times over the past year or two I heard people saying "just wait until Star Wars is released, everyone is going to want one!!". "It's going to be over the top!!"

Well, if this was an episode of mythbusters, I'd say that theory has been debunked.

#674 6 years ago

Pinside: where games are judged solely based on art & the size of the LCD screen

#675 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

All I can think of is the times over the past year or two I heard people saying "just wait until Star Wars is released, everyone is going to want one!!". "It's going to be over the top!!"
Well, if this was an episode of mythbusters, I'd say that theory has been debunked.

Lets see what people say once better pics and some gameplay vids are released. I'm guessing many people will be eating some crow.

#676 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

IMG_3402 (resized).JPGIMG_3402 (resized).JPG

#677 6 years ago

I am not ready to praise or dismiss it. I need to see some video. I can't wait for someone like Dead Flip to have a nice long stream to get a better feel for it. If I see one one a route, it will get $10 off of me. $20 if it's a bad day. It's an exciting theme to millions of people.

#678 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Horrible looking !!!!

Quoted from smassa:

Lets see what people say once better pics and some gameplay vids are released. I'm guessing many people will be eating some crow.

IMG_3394 (resized).JPGIMG_3394 (resized).JPG

#679 6 years ago

"Stay on omelet, stay on omelet!"
I still cannot seem to get this image out of my head, I just do not know what Cadbury prize might be inside.

BTW, Sega used this same feature design in Independence Day and The Lost World Jurassic Park.
New collectors try not to scream "innovative" too loudly again.

The wheels of the bus, go round and round.

Death Star Cracked Egg.jpgDeath Star Cracked Egg.jpg

Lost World Independence Day Combo (resized).jpgLost World Independence Day Combo (resized).jpg

#680 6 years ago

New Star Wars announced by other source , Pinside is famous

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#681 6 years ago

The pro is so strippped down and nothing for the ball/player to interact with, lame! All I see besides the normal ramps, drop targets, pops, orbits, and loops, is the scoop to the right. Premium is the way to go for sure and that takes me out of the running.

#682 6 years ago

Yeah not going to lie this is a let down. I mean it's Star Wars and it could still play well but I think the expectations for this game were so high. My initial impression is the playfield is very sparse. When I think of the possibilities of what they could have done it's hard to see that this is the end result. Anyone know who is on code for this title?

#683 6 years ago

since it's setup almost exactly like AC/DC i'm sure it will play fine. But I already have 3 fan pattern Sterns and this one is too much like AC/DC. Plus there isn't any really interactive toy on it. I still think the DE SW will be the best one out there.

I mean Ghostbusters blew my balls off when I first saw it. Aerosmith even looked pretty impressive. But this is very bland. Art package is very very bland. Layout is uneventful and been done before. Software is going to have to be outstanding for this to have any longevity. Or it's going to go the way of, CSI, 24, RS, Avatar, Kiss, WWE, monopoly, Harley, Playboy, NFL, Elvis, RBION, Nascar, WOF, IJ4, BDK, NBA, TF, BBH, Xmen, Avengers, AP, T3 and the others that really don't get all the lovin.

#684 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

since it's setup almost exactly like AC/DC i'm sure it will play fine. But I already have 3 fan pattern Sterns and this one is too much like AC/DC. Plus there isn't any really interactive toy on it. I still think the DE SW will be the best one out there.

If that's true, that sucks. DE is the best of the 4 STAR WARS pins released so far, but it's not a great pin by any means.

#685 6 years ago

Man I have to say upon first look at the playfield, really kinda a bummer. I mean Star Wars is chocked full of amazing design elements, toys, characters, vehicles... that could have been integrated.

Would have loved to seen a pop bumper forest from endor, some walkers, something... the theme is half baked imo... it just looks like a LCD monitor and a Death Star

I'm A huge Star Wars, and fan and have been waiting for this. But at this point, none of the models am I jumping up and down about. But who knows could be the most amazing gameplay ever, but even then, dunno if I pay 7k+ for one

#686 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If that's true, that sucks. DE is the best of the 4 STAR WARS pins released so far, but it's not a great pin by any means.

it's a lot better with the new code.

#687 6 years ago

The playfield and overall package looks like it was designed by an accountant.

Literally, Gary walked into his CFO's office and said here's the price of the license... here's what we can sell it for... tell me how little we can put into game itself and drive down costs and make this game as profitable as possible.

CFO scribbles some shit on a napkin

And Steve Ritchie and Dwight go to work for the 75 hours of labor the CFO budgeted into the project.

#688 6 years ago

Gary said to Steve;" just quickly throw something together,
"It's Star Wars ! They gonna buy it no matter what"!!

Cachingggg!!

#689 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I'm guessing many people will be eating some crow.

Crow shmowe.

They can put those images at 4K resolution Smassa and it wouldn't change my mind one bit on the art package.
Heck,
What we'd probably notice with the future high res pics would be the Sonic badge on the apron and some "S" logo'd flippers...

I sure hope the LE buyers at the very least get a matching Thermos this time.

#690 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

They can put those images at 4K resolution Smassa and it wouldn't change my mind one bit.
Heck,
What we'd probably notice with the future high res pics would be the Sonic badge on the apron and some "S" logo'd flippers...

Guess we will have to wait and see. Would be interesting to see who is bashing it now & to check back in a year from now to see if its in their collection.

#691 6 years ago

From what I can tell of the playfield image:

There are 4 square inserts for each of the 4 oval inserts (Death Star, Hoth, Tatooine and Endor)
Above Endor it looks like a red Super Jackpot
Above the Super Jackpot(?) is Extra Ball
Above Hoth square insert is Video mode(?)
Multiball inserts on each side of the Death Star oval insert
Above Tatooine square insert (far right) is a Mystery insert
There is a long slit in the playfield on the left side of the left ramp (premium/LE). Some kind of ball lock area?
The plastics and pop bumper caps are different between premium/le and pro
Insert below Tie Fighter appears to say "Tie Fighter" ?

I can't make out any of the other inserts from the poor pictures we have..

Rob

5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg

#692 6 years ago

Anybody here been around long enough to remember how people were complaining about Stern's LOTR being stripped down when it came out?

#693 6 years ago

Love all the metal on the playfield. Nive

#694 6 years ago

Any ideas of what sterns topper will be like?

#695 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Guess we will have to wait and see. Would be interesting to see who is bashing it now & to check back in a year from now to see if its in their collection.

i've never bought a game I thought looked like shit from the get go.

And what's with the LCD mini screen just sitting there in the open? Looks like ass. If you are going to do some little movie screen, at least put some effort into using it in a cleaver way. Like if you want a video item, have it inside of a ship with big windows so you can do something like make it look like people walking around in there or something. Don't just slap it in the middle of a field for it to be an airball target. So many creative ways this could have been utilized.

#696 6 years ago

Ive been reading all day...watching this train wreck by Stern.
Not one comment on how ugly the apron is!
Lighted interactive apron people. Its the 21st century. Its Star Wars.

#697 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i've never bought a game I thought looked like shit from the get go.

Yes cause ACDC is quite the looker.

Good gameplay & rules can make up for quite a bit. I also think the art is going to look better then what was 1st shown to us.

#698 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Yes cause ACDC is quite the looker.
Good gameplay & rules can make up for quite a bit. I also think the art is going to look better then what was 1st shown to us.

that's true, it looks like shit too. But I already have one great playing great rules, shitty looking game. Why would I want another? least it has a nice interactive toy. the bell is fun to hit and the music tracks are awesome. And with AC/DC i didn't see it first. First encounter with AC/DC was a release party they had for it down in chicago. So I got to play it before really having to focus on the crappy art package.

#699 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

So many creative ways this could have been utilized.

If I ever break down to own one of these I'll be sure to add a few 70's Hot Wheels station wagons on a piece of lexan to go in front of the screen so I can re-create that drive-in nostalgia from my childhood.

#700 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

If I ever break down to own one of these I'll be sure to add a few 70's Hot Wheels station wagons on a piece of lexan to go in front of the screen so I can re-create that drive-in nostalgia from my childhood.

than you can have a custom Translite made that says, "creature from the black lagoon....RETURNS!!!!"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 21.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.