8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 150.
#601 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Agree to disagree, I enjoyed Rogue One, and it would make a slick looking action pin, for Fast Ritchie.
Good plot for rules. Lots of action scenes for the LCD clips.

Sure a 1 off vs 3 films worth of clips eh? Give me a break

#602 6 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Tell that to this guy...

You haven't posted a single character from Rogue One, what the heck are you doing? Who asked for a prequel pin?

Have you even seen the movie?

#603 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You haven't posted a single character from Rogue One, what the heck are you doing? Who asked for a prequel pin?
Have you even seen the movie?

He's posting pics of force awakens... Which is wrong.... But a movie that people actually liked and is a good idea

#604 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The more I think about this the more I wonder why the original trilogy?

It is with in the realm of possibility that they only received the rights to the original trilogy, and some other pinball company has the later films?

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

It is with in the realm of possibility that they only received the rights to the original trilogy, and some other pinball company has the later films?

It's not a stretch of the imagination that Disney only offered the rights to the original trilogy knowing it's the most lucrative, not to mention with the addition of the 40th anniversary. I wouldn't put it past Disney to already be thinking well we can do a prequel pin and once we get episode 8 & 9 out there's another trilogy/pin we can licence $$$$$

#606 6 years ago

Needs more Chewbacca. I even want him doing all the callouts.

#607 6 years ago

Chewie Frenzy. D'oh Frenzy replaced by constant growls.

I do wish that Luke was a larger part of the art. Should have swapped him with Obi-Wan. Yoda and Palpatine needed much more love too.

#608 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Jody would have to fire himself. He clearly deserves to be fired, but he's part owner, so they're stuck with him. His side of the house is always a mess, licensing aside. The marketing strategy at Stern though...it's real bad. I mean, wow.

I think he knows it's bad...but doesn't give a sh1t ?

#609 6 years ago

The art really does seem kind of thrown together, none of the 3 models feel very cohesive they all feel and look a little random. Premium so far is my favourite but that LE translite could be awesome "if" it's a real backglass and has a animated Hyperspace back box effect.

#610 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The art really does seem kind of thrown together, none of the 3 models feel very cohesive they all feel and look a little random. Premium so far is my favourite but that LE translite could be awesome "if" it's a real backglass and has a animated Hyperspace back box effect.

Premium is the best, I agree.

#611 6 years ago

IMG_3873 (resized).JPGIMG_3873 (resized).JPG

#612 6 years ago

I ordered an AC/DC last week. I might be a hypocrite for ordering another NIB, but I'm not an idiot. So far it looks like they mailed this in.

Time will tell, blah, blah, blah. But great code doesn't happen for every game. Good luck Dwight.

#613 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He's posting pics of force awakens... Which is wrong.... But a movie that people actually liked and is a good idea

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#614 6 years ago

I'm new around here....is this always how it is when a game is announced?

#615 6 years ago

Where's the $500 topper

#616 6 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Well...

#617 6 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Well yes and no. The negativity seems to come quickly with these reveals but I think this is a grail pin for a lot of people and they're just disappointed by the unveiling.

#618 6 years ago

Are the force targets drop targets?

#619 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Well yes and no. The negativity seems to come quickly with these reveals but I think this is a grail pin for a lot of people and they're just disappointed by the unveiling.

I guess this is the internet so knee jerk reactions based on little information should be expected

#620 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Just poorly handled when they have sooo much secrecy about titles and then info comes out via a third party which potentially harms the product.

#621 6 years ago

I was hoping for much more. The pro ramps look cheap as shit. The X multipliers on each shot reminds me of Avatar. Complete the top lanes to light the multipliers, shoot whatever shot to lock in the multiplier. Same old same old. Probably complete the modes to light extra multipliers ala Spider-Man. The only thing that will save this game is hopefully good animations and use of both LCD screens, and hopefully a great sound package with James Earl Jones doing Vader call outs. Can't wait to play one on location. Was really expecting more, can't say I'm looking to sell anything right of way to get one but I guess game play will tell.

#622 6 years ago

If it's AC/DC without that stupid canon I am all in. That cannon has got to be one of the worst things in pinball.

#623 6 years ago

Honestly, the more I see the pics, the less I like it. I've been keeping a spot open just for this, but it's going to be easy to wait.

Crossing fingers on gameplay being strong, but the playfield inserts don't have good SW coloring.

And why are Vader and Obi Won back-to-back with sabres drawn?!

It's like a non-Star Wars fan designed it.

#624 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

If it's AC/DC without that stupid canon I am all in. That cannon has got to be one of the worst things in pinball.

at least that pin, is built with some decent quality.

#625 6 years ago

Bleh....

#626 6 years ago

Pro looks lame on this. PreLe could be OK - I think there might be a lot of things you need to see in action that aren't obvious in the crap pictures.

Edit: I really just made this post so I could keep up with this post in my Topics.

#627 6 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Where's the $500 topper

Its 2017, You missed the 4th zero.

#628 6 years ago

Is this a re-themed Fast n Furious pin that was rumored but never released?

#629 6 years ago

it's star wars. It really doesn't matter what it looks or plays like, it will sell. Gary Stern could have taken a shit on a whitewood and people would be placing preorders.

#630 6 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

If the art looks shitty, yes. Metallica, Aerosmith & GB's unveilings were overwhelmingly positive.

#631 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I really expected this to be so much more than the average Stern that it is. You have a franchise that is worth more money than most small countries, and you have people lined up in the alley to buy anything with the SW logo, and you come out with.......well....this.

Quoted from Manimal:

This should by all accounts be the masterpiece everyone has been waiting for....instead we get a junior high effort just like all of their last cabinets since GB. I will pass on this one........maybe Elvira will be the true masterpiece.

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Quoted from Aurich:

But I wish it looked like it was done by super fans of the films.

They had a slam dunk of a theme and an entire galaxy to play with.

My disappointment really makes me wonder what JJP would have done with it instead. I wonder if they had some preliminary designs drawn up and what those may have looked like.

#632 6 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Yes

#633 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm a Star Wars geek. Have hundreds of toys, I don't collect just anything though, just things the emotionally resonate with me.
And the thing is, we've seen all this before. It's the 40th anniversary. Any of the art could have been on a lunchbox. It's the 3rd or 4th time the original films have been made into a pin (depending on how you count).
It's like making a new Playboy pin. Why would you do that? It's been done to death.
Ritchie likes action. Do Rogue One. Do something new. Data East, Sega, Stern, it's all the same company. Going back to the same well.
I want to play it. But I wish it looked like it was done by super fans of the films.
Maybe the animation package will help. Seems dumb to make people wait a week to bitch about things before officially releasing stuff. Maybe a video would shut us all up.

Maybe they'll make some alternate backglass art? Something from Rogue One or 7/8 would be awesome. There is precedence with the TRON Girls sheet - have there been any others?

#634 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Out of all the themes you'd KNOW fans are
going to pick apart this is probably one of the least you'd want to throw someone unfamiliar with the theme the art job.

As I said before, how they've grouped characters together on the pf just seemed odd.

#635 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

it's star wars. It really doesn't matter what it looks or plays like, it will sell. Gary Stern could have taken a shit on a whitewood and people would be placing preorders.

He did, just look at that giant turd

#636 6 years ago

Stern once again takes the safe bet with a title that will sell regardless of how bland it is compared to what they should be capable of. All of their history, experience, and cash on hand and once again just another quick cash grab rush job with nothing new, exciting, or innovating.

#637 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

No

Quoted from resipsa:

Yes

#638 6 years ago

It still looks like a fun pin but it doesn't look like a home run at least off the bat. I think with great code it could be, but we will have to wait and see. It really depends on theme immersion and how much excitement the rules bring. If the ruleset is as good as GOT and it has great theme integration I would probably pick up a Pro in the future. The Pro seems like a good value considering it has 2 LCD screens and can be bought for Aerosmith Pro money.

#639 6 years ago

Big whoop about 2 LCD screens... let's just fast rewind to P2K if that's where we are headed on every pin; much more immersive experience.

#640 6 years ago

Can I just say congratulations to everyone and the Mods for confining this to one thread.

#641 6 years ago

Should have been made by Jersey Jack...should've been a widebody with more toys...should've been made by pinside snobs...etc,etc,etc

#642 6 years ago

Yeah, I definitely felt underwhelmed when I first saw the playfield. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I was still excited to see what they would do since there is so much potential for a theme like this.

I would say my main complaint is just the overall look of the game, and how it empty it appears. I'll be honest, the DE Star Wars "looks" more fun to me, but I guess that just goes to show looks aren't everything. The lack of toys is also kind of underwhelming. I think the Death Star looks cool, but what I really get excited about are toys that interact with the ball in some unique way. As others have mentioned, hopefully there will be hidden magnets to act as the force. Something along the lines of BSD's Mist Multiball would be sweet.

The layout also seems kind of standard, but then you have amazing games like LotR which also has a pretty basic layout, so like everybody else here has said, the code will have to impressive to get people buying.

Anyways, I look forward to being able to play one at some point and seeing what I think.

#643 6 years ago

As a big life long fan, it looks disappointing but I hope I'm very very wrong. Unfortunately, I think I'm better off with themes where I don't have expectations as a big fan. I had a hard time liking ST which I bought NIB and got rid of.

#644 6 years ago

It's all up to gameplay now. Nothing can fix those UGLY ASS SPEAKERS. The art is OK but should be Iconic. Look at the DE SW pin...it has truly iconic images in the artwork. This is some crappy photoshop BS. The stupid Dearh Star is a total rip off of the Halmark Christmas tree topper...

It's up to gameplay at this point. We will find out shortly if it's a hit or a miss.

#645 6 years ago

Seriously? It is 2017 and this is the best Stern could come up with? They couldn't even top the 25 year-old original Data East Star Wars!
In the immortal words of GOB Bluth, "COME ON!"

F'ing cash grab.

DSC_0514 (resized).jpgDSC_0514 (resized).jpg

#646 6 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

There was barely a peep for Ghostbusters.

#647 6 years ago

I think people are overlooking that there was no way they could throw everything into the pin. Star Wars Trilogy is just too expansive.

The pro has the most important characters covered and the cabinet art is from the Forest Moon of Endor space battle. IMO, that's pretty good for a pro.

Premium is Galactic Empire specific. Battle of Hoth is on the cabinet.

LE is Millenium Falcon specific...It's the most popular ship in all of Star Wars.

I think all 3 are nice looking.

Aerosmith style art would not work for Star Wars. Ghostbusters style art would not work for Star Wars. Batman 66 style would..and it looks like that's what they were going for here.

Me personally, I can't wait till I get my LE.

Am I the only who thinks Anthony Daniels will be doing custom call outs for the game?

Beep boop beep boop...R2-D2 said you just got an extra ball.

Your chances of completing this mode are 3,720 to 1!

#648 6 years ago

I was really hoping for something special. Obviously I want to see it in action. But for now I am looking picking up a Kiss and something else for the cost of this game NIB.

#649 6 years ago

Not everyone hates the art. I have 3 mates that love it.

1. Jack Guarnieri
2. Charlie Emery
3. Andrew Heighway

#650 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm a Star Wars geek. Have hundreds of toys, I don't collect just anything though, just things the emotionally resonate with me.
And the thing is, we've seen all this before. It's the 40th anniversary. Any of the art could have been on a lunchbox. It's the 3rd or 4th time the original films have been made into a pin (depending on how you count).
It's like making a new Playboy pin. Why would you do that? It's been done to death.
Ritchie likes action. Do Rogue One. Do something new. Data East, Sega, Stern, it's all the same company. Going back to the same well.
I want to play it. But I wish it looked like it was done by super fans of the films.
Maybe the animation package will help. Seems dumb to make people wait a week to bitch about things before officially releasing stuff. Maybe a video would shut us all up.

You really have to wonder about this? The 1st trilogy is their bread & butter. All the pinside Nancy's need to relax a bit & wait till we see hi-res pics of the game and some gameplay features & videos. Man what a bunch of pansies this site as brought together.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/13?hl=nintenbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.