8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 150.
#6901 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Yeah it's weird because there's actually 4 regular Hoth modes and only 3 on all the other "planet" modes.

Yeah, I don't get this either. The playfield only has inserts for "I, II, and III" and then the planet insert. How do you know if you're in this fourth mode? what's the indication (there isn't an insert for it)? If I played the other three (technically 2 since hoth I is already complete) I would expect to go direct to the planet MB wouldn't I?

#6902 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Yeah, I don't get this either. The playfield only has inserts for "I, II, and III" and then the planet insert. How do you know if you're in this fourth mode? what's the indication (there isn't an insert for it)? If I played the other three (technically 2 since hoth I is already complete) I would expect to go direct to the planet MB wouldn't I?

its based on which character you are. Han only has one mode for Hoth, Leia has two, Luke has one, R2 has two.

20170805_164838 (resized).jpg20170805_164838 (resized).jpg

20170805_164836 (resized).jpg20170805_164836 (resized).jpg

20170805_164301 (resized).jpg20170805_164301 (resized).jpg

20170805_165005 (resized).jpg20170805_165005 (resized).jpg

#6903 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

No Hoth 1 mode is auto completed for all characters so far. There is no actual Hoth 1 mode yet insert is lit for all 4 characters. It will make total sense to you next time you get to play.

Holy crap! You know what would be super cool, and give the machine even more replay-ability?

Imagine they make some extra modes that only unlock and can be played when starting as a 2nd hero!

Those elusive, fun modes, that reward you for winning the game once.

Stuff like, a Cantina mode, Star Wars Battle Chess, Dagobah training, C3-PO telling Star Wars tale to Ewoks, etc...

Modes that are just plain fun ... but you only see once in a while.

With the Roman Numerals (instead of mode named inserts), Stern has the freedom to keep adding as many modes as they please.

If they build them, we will play!

#6904 6 years ago
Quoted from Hoser:

Holy crap! You know what would be super cool, and give the machine even more replay-ability?
Imagine they make some extra modes that only unlock and can be played when starting as a 2nd hero!
Those elusive, fun modes, that reward you for winning the game once.
Stuff like, a Cantina mode, Star Wars Battle Chess, Dagobah training, C3-PO telling Star Wars tale to Ewoks, etc...
Modes that are just plain fun ... but you only see once in a while.
With the Roman Numerals (instead of mode named inserts), Stern has the freedom to keep adding as many modes as they please.
If they build them, we will play!

I think they just need to make more character specific modes like Luke who has 3 that no other character can play, R2 has 1 also no other character can play. Then when you make it too the next character game would feel different per character more. Right now Lukes the best character to get the most out of the game but Hans the easiest to make it to Jedi multiball and next character in my opinion.

#6905 6 years ago

I feel headache coming...

#6906 6 years ago

just add some more Boba Fett style modes and that would be all I need, Jabba, Darth, Escape the Trash Compactor, Save Han from the toothy pit (no idea whats thats called, This is no cave etc. The modes are fine for the 4 planet multi's.

#6907 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

just add some more Boba Fett style modes and that would be all I need, Jabba, Darth, Escape the Trash Compactor, Save Han from the toothy pit (no idea whats thats called, This is no cave etc. The modes are fine for the 4 planet multi's.

You mean the Sarlac pit?
Geez man. Nerd up!!!

#6909 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You mean the Sarlac pit?

I haven't seen any of the OG series in years, time for a full veiwing.

#6910 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You mean the Sarlac pit?
Geez man. Nerd up!!!

For someone telling another to "Nerd up!" - you should get the spelling right...It's 'Sarlacc', with two c's.

#6911 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

its based on which character you are. Han only has one mode for Hoth, Leia has two, Luke has one, R2 has two.

Ahhhh.... brain fart. thanks. four unique modes spread out across the characters, with each character having a max of 2 modes to complete before going to the planet MB... gotcha. Let's hope Hoth I get's programmed in to bump that up one more...

#6912 6 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

...It's 'Sarlacc', with two c's.

Winner!

#6913 6 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

For someone telling another to "Nerd up!" - you should get the spelling right...It's 'Sarlacc', with two c's.

And if we really want to get nerdy, it's not actually the Sarlacc pit, it's the Pit of Carkoon. Sarlacc is the name of the creature/monster inside.

#6914 6 years ago

Is it the most complexe rules game?
Upvote for yes, downvote for no.
Thanks

#6915 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Is it the most complexe rules game?
Upvote for yes, downvote for no.
Thanks

It really isn't. There are a few things happening at all times (destroying tie fighters for example), but mostly it's all about various simple rules/goals in each of the various modes.
What's beautiful is that once you get to know the important shots for each mode, you can then challenge yourself to move the multipliers around the playfield, so that you score big, completing those shots.
There are some other great things to accomplish as well, like hyper space hurry-ups, escape from Boba Fett, the force targets, etc -with more on the way (lightsaber duel and midnight madness multiball).

#6916 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

It really isn't. There are a few things happening at all times (destroying tie fighters for example), but mostly it's all about various simple rules/goals in each of the various modes.
What's beautiful is that once you get to know the important shots for each mode, you can then challenge yourself to move the multipliers around the playfield, so that you score big, completing those shots.
There are some other great things to accomplish as well, like hyper space hurry-ups, escape from Boba Fett, the force targets, etc -with more on the way (lightsaber duel and midnight madness multiball).

In a sense, managing multipliers and memorizing mode shots reminds me of ST, in mode Nero 3. Confusing at first, then you figure out to trap up the ball on the left flipper, then use the right flipper to set its light on Alpha ramp. Then without actually flipping, use the left button to cycle the light to Warp ramp. Now back hand the Alpha ramp for a multicolored light collect (the warp ramp light moves to Alpha when you make the shot). While the ball is in transit between making the shot and returning to the left flipper, press the left flipper quickly 6 times to rotate the light back to Warp. Rinse and repeat until complete for a Gold medal. Easier said than done.

#6917 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You mean the Sarlac pit?
Geez man. Nerd up!!!

Quoted from redman822:

Quoted from auntagnes:

And if we really want to get nerdy, it's not actually the Sarlacc pit, it's the Pit of Carkoon. Sarlacc is the name of the creature/monster inside.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#6918 6 years ago

Someone said the topper is R2D2? Any information here? I definitely want one...

#6919 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Someone said the topper is R2D2? Any information here? I definitely want one...

That's the talk yes but it hasn't actually been seen I don't think maybe just a glimpse in a video. Anyway, the talk is shoots out a hologram but just talk so far as I know

#6920 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's the talk yes but it hasn't actually been seen I don't think maybe just a glimpse in a video. Anyway, the talk is shoots out a hologram but just talk so far as I know

It does NOT shoot out a hologram, or project anything.

#6921 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Name sources and pics...

#6922 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Ok so some guys said it does and you say it doesn't.

No offense but same shit to me.

#6923 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ok so some guys said it does and you say it doesn't.
No offense but same shit to me.

I heard it was more of a "cutaway" design, as well as a touching tribute to Kenny Baker. Leaked prototype pic:

kenny-baker-r2d2 (resized).jpgkenny-baker-r2d2 (resized).jpg

#6924 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I heard it was more of a "cutaway" design, as well as a touching tribute to Kenny Baker. Leaked prototype pic:

Haha! Totally in!

#6925 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Haha! Totally in!

Simmer down now....that's an early proto leak.

Obviously that's a little too much BOM for a paltry 5-600USD. They are in fact including the Styrofoam in the background and there will be a "cut away" where you can put a picture of yourself or Gary or a bottle of gin whatever.

rst (resized).jpgrst (resized).jpg

#6926 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Simmer down now....that's an early proto leak.
Obviously that's a little too much BOM for a paltry 5-600USD. They are in fact including the Styrofoam in the background and there will be a "cut away" where you can put a picture of yourself or Gary or a bottle of gin whatever.

For that...I'm in for $750.

#6927 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

R U sure about that? its in the adj's R2D2 projector.

#6928 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

R U sure about that? its in the adj's R2D2 projector.

I believe what you're referring to is "R2D2 Attract Mode: On/Off"

Is that right?

#6929 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Is that right?

Ahah, so more like this then:

R2-KT_meeting (resized).pngR2-KT_meeting (resized).png

#6930 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Is that right?

Interesting, I think in the OG code it said projector, maybe that's been scraped.

#6931 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Interesting, I think in the OG code it said projector, maybe that's been scraped.

If it did say projector, I would suggest that was simply talking about R2's projector lens lighting up and not actually projecting a hologram. As cool as some of the tech is getting in pinball, I just don't think we're there yet.

I envision it as R2's dome with his various lights that illuminate. Maybe it will make some R2 sounds. An even longer shot should be the dome rotates as R2 would.

#6932 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I envision it as R2's dome with his various lights that illuminate. Maybe it will make some R2 sounds. An even longer shot should be the dome rotates as R2 would.

Unless R2 can serve drinks, pick locks or shock furries, I'm out.

#6933 6 years ago

My guess would be something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-R2D2-Home-Planetarium/dp/B00564ZFZ0#Ask

It has to be a licensed toy so Stern will probably use something thats out there right now. Maybe there is a model that has a power connector (this one uses batteries).

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

If it did say projector, I would suggest that was simply talking about R2's projector lens lighting up and not actually projecting a hologram. As cool as some of the tech is getting in pinball, I just don't think we're there yet.

#6934 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I would suggest that was simply talking about R2's projector lens lighting up and not actually projecting a hologram.

Yeah I don't think anyone actually thought a hologram was shooting out.
Well with this bunch maybe they did

#6935 6 years ago

they could easily get the projector effect if they shoot the image onto a lens like they do in Ghostbusters.

#6936 6 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

they could easily get the projector effect if they shoot the image onto a lens like they do in Ghostbusters.

A tiny shitty little lens

#6937 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'll admit... I really WANTED there to be a little princess Leia hologram, crying out to Obi-Wan!!!

#6938 6 years ago

In the previous version of the Pro code, Feature Adjustment #6 was

DISABLE R2D2 PROJECTOR (OPTIONAL)

which has been removed from the new update.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3491 (resized).jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3491 (resized).jpg

#6939 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I'll admit... I really WANTED there to be a little princess Leia hologram, crying out to Obi-Wan!!!

Well you get him to project your match numbers on the ceiling maybe?

#6940 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

It's a good idea, but I wonder if they ever create too much thickness (combined with mirror blades) to raise the playfield? Mirror blades can get kinda tight themselves.

yeah but at least you dont damage the sides. rather have tight than damage, now if yone has mirror blades like on my TAF which are already scratched from lifting the PF it will be interesting whether they fit over.

#6941 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I assumed it would be like the bat signal and make an image on the ceiling/wall something like that, I would prefer the Emperor on his throne lit up with speech and laughter, but thats me.

#6942 6 years ago

LE with the premium translight. I think it looks way better.

IMG_0397 (resized).JPGIMG_0397 (resized).JPG

#6943 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

LE with the premium translight. I think it looks way better.

I switched mine to the premium translite even before the first game was played and I completely agree! The LE translite is ok, but the other two are just so much better looking.

And the white t-molding looks much better in person too because it matches the white of the side rails. Originally I wasn't a fan of the white, but it's grown on me. Maybe the different translite helps.

Rob

#6944 6 years ago

Nib, played it yesterday. Suddenly this... suddenly half gi was out and no switch registered. Any idea? Will email stern

20170826_011234 (resized).jpg20170826_011234 (resized).jpg

20170826_011316 (resized).jpg20170826_011316 (resized).jpg

#6945 6 years ago

Hello Edenecho,

had the same problem on my GoT and Ghostbusters.

Solution: Your USB Stick is too slow!!! - believe me.

I used a cf card adapter with a CF card - no Problem.

Don't know how much Node 8 boards Stern had to replace without any Error.

Hope I can help you.

A.K

#6946 6 years ago
Quoted from pinsideuser:

Hello Edenecho,
had the same problem on my GoT and Ghostbusters.
Solution: Your USB Stick is too slow!!! - believe me.
I used a cf card adapter with a CF card - no Problem.
Don't know how much Node 8 boards Stern had to replace without any Error.
Hope I can help you.
A.K

but this happened just in the middle of a game, there is no usb stick in the machine

#6947 6 years ago

Just got a Pro in yesterday. Loving the game. Seeing a lot of SDTM when shooting the Death Star inner loop from the right flipper though. Doesn't seem right to be punished for a good shot. Flaw out of the factory maybe? Anyone figured out a good fix for this? Tried loosening a few of the screws and flexing the loop a bit but no luck.

#6948 6 years ago
Quoted from sethington:

Just got a Pro in yesterday. Loving the game. Seeing a lot of SDTM when shooting the Death Star inner loop from the right flipper though. Doesn't seem right to be punished for a good shot. Flaw out of the factory maybe? Anyone figured out a good fix for this? Tried loosening a few of the screws and flexing the loop a bit but no luck.

How certain are you that the game is well leveled side to side?

#6949 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

How certain are you that the game is well leveled side to side?

Pretty certain. Checked at the top (as high as I could get anyway) and bottom of the playfield. I tried giving it a little extra bias to the right to help even and still goes SDTM on good fast shots

#6950 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Nib, played it yesterday. Suddenly this... suddenly half gi was out and no switch registered. Any idea? Will email stern

Wow, $1.62 per game. And people here complain about $1/game on a Premium/LE!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 21.50
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/139 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.