Topic Stats

• 7,454 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 82 days ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 861 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

62061B38-8060-4461-8F4D-242BD9B0E9BC (resized).jpeg
23472719_10210607567895161_7467601903757511161_n (resized).jpg
DEF89B43-B640-4E42-8635-9BD608064D63 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2974 (resized).JPG
IMG_2973 (resized).JPG
IMG_2972 (resized).JPG
samualbracket (resized).jpg
IMG_0221 (resized).JPG
F272AAB4-3533-43FB-82D6-710295326A3D (resized).jpeg
8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7454 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 150.
#6751 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Can we just roll back to .87 in case the .89 doesn't work out?

You can rollback your code, but since .89 is not officially released yet, you might not get great support from Stern if it somehow ends up bricking your machine. I have a feeling that they post the unlisted code on the website for beta testers who have been sent the direct link, so they must feel it is somewhat stable to let it go.

#6752 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

did you have the never ending Deathstar multiball bug? I've seen it a few times. The mode continues from ball to ball until games over.

Yes, I did. It was quite unfortunate cause the rush of destroying the death star wars out of this world. I didnt really think too much about it since it was my last ball and I drained soon after since I noticed it was a bug.

#6753 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Can we just roll back to .87 in case the .89 doesn't work out?

You would need to create a backup image of the SD card with .87 I believe. There are steps published somewhere on Pinside.

#6754 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You would need to create a backup image of the SD card with .87 I believe. There are steps published somewhere on Pinside.

What if updating to .89 takes out a node board? no coming back from that.

#6755 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

What if updating to .89 takes out a node board? no coming back from that.

I wouldn't install any unpublished update that a Pinside guinea pig didn't first

#6756 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I wouldn't install any unpublished update that a Pinside guinea pig didn't first

If my machine wasnt on location i would be the guinea pig, but can risk taking it out of commission right now.

#6757 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

If my machine wasnt on location i would be the guinea pig, but can risk taking it out of commission right now.

I hear ya. I would imagine we will see it officially released soon anyway.

#6758 2 years ago

Another thing I did today that was really cool - Finished Escape From Boba Fett moving the multiplier each time to the shot. It was worth around 500M. Its hard to move the multipliers on the fly during multiball, but the Boba Fett mode is great for that since its only one shot lit at a time. I applaud Dwight for trying unique things. I would never tell someone just starting with the game about the moving multipliers. Learn the game first and when you want that next level challenge its there if you want. If not, just ignore it. For me its a cool feature. Makes the drop targets VERY important.

#6759 2 years ago

Will somebody please shoot some good video of LE gameplay and post it to Youtube. Would like to see more Hyperloop action and Deathstar lighting upon explosion?

fb.jpg

#6760 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Another thing I did today that was really cool - Finished Escape From Boba Fett moving the multiplier each time to the shot. It was worth around 500M. Its hard to move the multipliers on the fly during multiball, but the Boba Fett mode is great for that since its only one shot lit at a time. I applaud Dwight for trying unique things. I would never tell someone just starting with the game about the moving multipliers. Learn the game first and when you want that next level challenge its there if you want. If not, just ignore it. For me its a cool feature. Makes the drop targets VERY important.

what's the drop targets got to do with Bobba Fett mode? I've escaped Bobba bunch of times but didnt notice anything with the drop targets.

#6761 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Played the LE on location today at Tilt Pinball bar in Minneapolis. Thank you John G. for routing such awesome games.
For those curious, a few observations:
- The little Millenium Falcon toy is a really nice touch. Looking forward to modding my Falcon from the X-wing board game minatures and putting it on a pro, it appears to be almost identical if not the same product.
- Playfield looked great. No ghosting that I could see and very little dimpling at this time (not like some cratering on other SW pro's on location).
- The wireform coming across right above the flippers was not as intrusive as I was expecting. At the end of play I think my brain honestly quit seeing it during game play.
- Not sure if it was John's upgrades or not, but the lighting and effects on the LE were nicer than the pro.
- I was not able to backhand the death star shot successfully with the fork ramp up.
- If Death Star Modes are lit and you hit the right ramp to start the hyperspace hurry up, and then hit the death star shot, the ball freezes behind the death star somewhere while you select your mode. the ball then dribbles back down the fork ramp. Please, please, please, continue the hyperspace loop sequence instead - - it will be so much better if the ball orbits while you select your mode and then exits to the right flipper return like normal. Felt like I got screwed out of seeing the hyperspace loop even though I made the shot.
- In an hour of play we had 3 hyperloop miscues where the ball fell off the wire form down by the flippers.
- The hoth shot (right side horseshoe) is stopped dead whenever the death star mode is lit or anytime the fork ramp is up. This killed the flow and resulted in the ball dribbling out of the loop and coming down and hitting the left sling.
- Right flipper shots to the death star have to be much cleaner and more accurate to successfully get all the way up into the magnet system.
- Typical successful shots to the death star shot (left horseshoe) on the pro are now much more difficult on the LE making mode completion much more difficult.
- We never successfully destroyed the death star (see comment before about how much harder it is now with the fork ramp).
- Cabinet art looks great in person. Extremely disappointed with the lack of real back glass for the translite. Thought this looked worse in person.
- Probably saw the hyperloop used a half dozen times in the time we played. When it was working properly it was really cool. The ball travels super duper fast.

Thank you for taking the time to post!

#6762 2 years ago

.89 is offically posted, read me is up here it is.

PRO V0.89 - August 14, 2017
===========================
Fixed:
- Corrected the response time for the action button to add-a-ball. Response
time is increased only during "TIE fighter Assault".
- Fixed the order of scenes for "Destroy the Death Star"; they were not being
played in order.
- Fixed ball search and the double post. It will now release the ball
correctly.

New:
- Added topper support throughout the game.

Tweaked:
- Changed "Shot Multipliers" at ball start. The multipliers are off at ball
start. You can move them any time. They cannot be turned on until the ball
is plunged. Valid playfield will always lock them on. They can be changed
at ball start and are always on at the start of each ball.
- Increased the length of time that the button is ignored at the end of "TIE
Fighter Assault" with regard to changing multipliers.
- Only the last tilt warning will blink the word "DANGER". This will help
communicate how many remain.
- Improved the holo-text messaging system. Messages are now able to interrupt
themselves when appropriate.
- Made "Destroy the Death Star" easier to complete. It now requires a total
of eight shots instead of nine. Increased the duration of the timers in each
phase of "Destroy the Death Star".

PRO V0.88 - August 11, 2017
===========================
Fixed:
- Fixed text that ran too long in the extra ball instant info page
- Fixed restarting a 4th mission from grace with add a ball. It will now
end correctly.
- Custom coinage for Canadian coin issue resolved.
- Deathstar III could cause a crash if played a second time in a game.
- Fixed some modes that sometimes, didn't handle their state correctly when
played a second time in the same game.
- Deathstar I was not starting the hurry ups correctly.

New:
- Added support for new headphone jack accessory
- Added an adjustment to stop the stacking of missions or to stop stacking
until their 2nd character. Default is STACKING ALLOWED.
- Added a new bonus scene
- Added 3 new ball saved animations. Now each character has their own.
- Added a new feature adjustment to adjust the trough power
- Added a sound for the end of the high score presentation
- Added Jedi-Multiball:
- You need to complete the path to Jedi Multiball to light it,
including:
- Start all four 4th missions
- Complete Escape from Boba Fett
- Defeat Light Saber Duel (currently spotted for you)
- Destroy 100 TIE fighters
- Reach Jedi Master
- If you bring medals to Jedi Multiball you will be awarded bonus
points. You can collect a medal from each Victory Multiball.
- There is an instant info page that shows your progress on the path
- There is an instant info page that shows how many Medals you have
collected.
- Added a page to the start of bonus if you have advanced toward Jedi
Multiball on that ball
- Added adjustment "ALLOW TWO MISSIONS TO STACK" to the competition install.
There will be no stacking in competition mode.
- Ticket Dispenser will now work correctly

Tweaked:
- Tweaked default High Scores to reflect new score levels
- The moving Skill Shot speed will now be random from ball to ball
- Improved the Tilt animations
- You can now press both flippers to end the extra ball show
- Added new match number animations
- Added death star powering up its main weapon during match lamp show
- TIE Fighter Multiball JACKPOTs now increase in value for each
one collected.
- Improved the Hyperspace Multiball lighting to be not so dark
- Tweaked some of the speech calls for tilt and tilt warning
- Tweaked some of the attract mode scenes
- Tilt Warning sound ran a bit too long.
- Improved the choreography when TIE Fighter multiball starts during TIE
fighter Assault.
- Tweaked the description of the Death Star lights in test mode to be

#6763 2 years ago

^^^ Good stuff. .89 update looks like solid changes. Previous updates addressed first round of Dwight changes to scoring and yet this version does not. Surprised because recent scoring with people running .87 and .88 code show scoring is still too high. I've suggested cutting target values throughout game by factor of 10 and leaving multipliers alone for a simple and effective solution. And maybe they can add adjustment in menu for ball speed of balls in hyperdrive. Current speed setting should be a 2. Offer half speed for setting of 1, offer double speed for setting at 3. And quad speed of those balls circling in the loop for a setting of 4. Heck, hyperdrive speed could be a 5.

#6764 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Added support for new headphone jack accessory

What, so now they have removed the headphone jack from the CPU board and you have to buy as an accessory???

Geeeeez...

#6765 2 years ago

Wow, Dwight is really making changes for the better in this code. Making smart changes and some that are responsive to issues noted on these forum SW threads. The code updates are coming fast and furious. Very pleased. Hopefully getting my machine next week....

#6766 2 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Making smart changes and some that are responsive to issues noted on these forum SW threads.

meh I don't know aboot all that. I'm sure they have a very good idea of things implemented as new versions come out.

#6767 2 years ago

Hmmm. Starts to update and then says insert usb stick. Trying to redo now. FAT32 reformat fixed.

#6768 2 years ago

The shooter lane adjustment is nice, i turned it all the way down works great. Seeing progress towards Jedi multiball between balls if you complete any of the tasks is cool also.

The main thing game needs now besides obvious modes missing and callouts is that damn auto launch strength. Ball shoots out so hard sometimes it hits the post above FORCE targets and shoots straight to the right outlane.

#6769 2 years ago

I love watching the match light show. And after cleaning my machine I see it a lot!

#6770 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

what's the drop targets got to do with Bobba Fett mode? I've escaped Bobba bunch of times but didnt notice anything with the drop targets.

Drop targets increase your base multiplier.

#6771 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Drop targets increase your base multiplier.

Isn't that what the standup targets under the mini LED screen do?

#6772 2 years ago

4th completion of the drops doubles the playfield for that ball.

#6773 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

The shooter lane adjustment is nice, i turned it all the way down works great.

Indeed! Thanks Dwight for listening!
.89 will get plenty of play this week!

#6774 2 years ago

...is something wrong here?

#6775 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Isn't that what the standup targets under the mini LED screen do?

Yes, but in you can DOUBLE your base multiplier with the FORCE targets by droping them 4 times:

(courtsey Tilt Fourms)

FORCE Drop Targets: Each completion of the 5-bank drop targets during non-mode play scores a different reward. It may be beneficial to go for these awards during Multiball, as the targets tend to be risky shots during single-ball play. The rewards are as follows:

- "F" - Light Mystery (at the right scoop)
- "O" - Light Escape (ball save at the right outlane)
- "R" - Light Video Mode (at the right loop, not implemented yet)
- "C" - Doubled Multipliers (times out if your overall multiplier does as well)
- "E" - Lightsaber Duel (not implemented yet, but spotted automatically)

#6776 2 years ago

The SW LE , says they have added a NEW le/premium feature.
All new EZ Slide cabinet brackets for smooth and easy playfield access

I would really like to see what this is.

#6777 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Can anyone of the existing owners take a look (with a camera )?

#6778 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

When you raise and lower the playfield, that bump towards the rear is gone.

#6779 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

When you raise and lower the playfield, that bump towards the rear is gone.

Yeah, it feels WAY better. Even when you're lowering the playfield, it doesn't feel as though you might get your fingers caught, since it lowers back down much more smoothly.
I don't get the feeling that I'll ever have to slam the playfield down with this one.
Another nice improvement.

#6780 2 years ago

Spider-man VE

IMG_2559 (resized).JPG

#6781 2 years ago

Star Wars LE

IMG_2558 (resized).JPG

#6782 2 years ago

What is the white plastic on the inside of the cabinet?

#6783 2 years ago

When is the premium going to start shipping? I have no interest in paying extra for an LE but like what I see of the features above the pro.

#6784 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What is the white plastic on the inside of the cabinet?

Interior cabinet protector.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4575

I highly recommend them.

#6785 2 years ago

Can anyone help explain what the "cpu mounted line out audio connector" looks like? And what kind of cable I would need to hook it up to an external sound bar with sub woofer? I'm looking at the CPU board now and not sure...
Thx!

#6786 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If they made those is a nice thin reflective metal they would sell big time, white? not so much.

#6787 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If they made those is a nice thin reflective metal they would sell big time, white? not so much.

Well if you look closer they kind of suck, they go over the top of the rails too! kinda hard to put glass back. What kind of idiots built these!

All kidding aside, they are made for when you service your pin, just drop them in before you lift your playfield, I like this item. they are not pinblades but they will protect your pinblades and maybe mirrors all depending on how thick the total of both would be. I found felt on the PF usually comes off.

#6788 2 years ago

Oh yeah the glass, I'm not that smart.

tumblr_nul2yriQpK1rrx588o1_500 (resized).png

#6789 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

Can anyone help explain what the "cpu mounted line out audio connector" looks like? And what kind of cable I would need to hook it up to an external sound bar with sub woofer? I'm looking at the CPU board now and not sure...
Thx!

I expected to see a 3.5mm audio jack, as that is what the manual states. But it looks like Stern is going to be selling a headphone jack type accessory. There is a small three pin plug in the MPU board that goes nowhere currently. Stay tuned.

#6790 2 years ago
Quoted from ibjeepin:

Well if you look closer they kind of suck, they go over the top of the rails too! kinda hard to put glass back. What kind of idiots built these!
All kidding aside, they are made for when you service your pin, just drop them in before you lift your playfield, I like this item. they are not pinblades but they will protect your pinblades and maybe mirrors all depending on how thick the total of both would be. I found felt on the PF usually comes off.

It's a good idea, but I wonder if they ever create too much thickness (combined with mirror blades) to raise the playfield? Mirror blades can get kinda tight themselves.

#6791 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It's only used for when working on the playfield. This way you don't scratch any interior art or the wood.

#6792 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It's only used for when working on the playfield. This way you don't scratch any interior art or the wood.

I already posted as to my lack of smarts, don't make me go any further.

#6793 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I already posted as to my lack of smarts, don't make me go any further.

LOL

#6794 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I expected to see a 3.5mm audio jack, as that is what the manual states. But it looks like Stern is going to be selling a headphone jack type accessory. There is a small three pin plug in the MPU board that goes nowhere currently. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the heads up. I was surprised to not see one, but thought it might be something like that.

#6795 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

Thanks for the heads up. I was surprised to not see one, but thought it might be something like that.

It is in the release notes for the code:

jack ? (resized).png

#6796 2 years ago

Special shout out to PinballSupernova for taking a video my my machine.

#6797 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

ยป YouTube video
Special shout out to PinballSupernova for taking a video my my machine.

It's about time. Just sayin'...

(Thanks for posting this, btw!)

#6798 2 years ago

I cancelled my pre-order for the Premium and am going to first play it on location as much as possible to get a real feel for the game. The videos of the LE make me feel like the play field is pretty baron, but I'm going to hold my tongue until I have an opportunity to put the machine through its paces on location and see how the code develops. Thanks to all those that have made videos of the game! Anyone know of any on location in the Chicagoland area?

#6799 2 years ago

Can anyone confirm if Wampas are in this? Why aren't there more Wampas in Star Wars?

#6800 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4575
I highly recommend them.

If I understand correctly, you only put these on when you are going to raise/lower the playfield.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Macungie, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 7454 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 150.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside