8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 150.
#551 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

It just looks like they designed it and came up with the artwork over lunch sitting in a booth at Taco Bell

That's exactly what it looks like, Taco Bell or McD's promotional artwork you'd see on the cups.

Even still, its nowhere near as bad as GOT art and that color scheme.

It might end up being like that "buttaface" chick you used to bang. Everything on her was mind blowing stuff and she rocked your world, but her face, which belongs in a brown paper bag, was not.

The LCD and light show are going to be SPECTACULAR.

THE sound is going to be AWESOME.

Dwight isn't going to F up the code, he'll do a great job and make it unlike Star Trek, with many more modes.

And there are things in there that we can't see or know about yet due to these shitty pics.

I love the hyper drive ramp.

So we will see, I'm not gonna judge it just by looking at the ugly face. Need to see her in action.

#552 6 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

So predictable. The pinside chorus, not the game. No one has seen the game in person, heard it, played it, seen the video interaction, or experienced it in any capacity, except for a few pictures. It may be great, it may suck, but it's hard to believe that anyone can call this a disappointment without actually one flip.

Yes we can. A good part of the attraction to a pinball game is visual. There are games I love to play, but would never have in my house because they are hideous. I'm not saying this is as bad as some I have seen, but it is very disappointing given the hype and the franchise they are representing.

#553 6 years ago

This explains the side rails.
It's the flooring pattern of the Falcon. You are inside the ship

received_10158981816485105 (resized).pngreceived_10158981816485105 (resized).png

#554 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's exactly what it looks like, Taco Bell or McD's promotional artwork you'd see on the cups.
Even still, its nowhere near as bad as GOT art and that color scheme.
It might end up being like that "buttaface" chick you used to bang. Everything on her was mind blowing stuff and she rocked your world, but her face, which belongs in a brown paper bag, was not.
The LCD and light show are going to be SPECTACULAR.
THE sound is going to be AWESOME.
Dwight isn't going to F up the code, he'll do a great job and make it unlike Star Trek, with many more modes.
And there are things in there that we can't see or know about yet due to these shitty pics.
I love the hyper drive ramp.
So we will see, I'm not gonna judge it just by looking at the ugly face. Need to see her in action.

Yea, but with Buttaface, you can turn out the lights or use a paper bag........you can't play pinball in the dark unless you are a ........ Pinball Wizard.......

#555 6 years ago

Yes but using your own words you didn't marry the butter face chick, you just fucked the shit out of her nut denied it if anyone asked. It may be find to play but would you buy that ugly fucker.

BTW, I played a Aerosmith this weekend and it was a lot of fun. It's a great looking game and a ass kicker. The shots are hard.

#556 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Good spot! I had it in my head it reminded me of the corridor wall lighting in the first death star in ANH, either way its not exactly exciting

Could have had side rails that light up using any of the following:

Lightsabers
X wing or Tie Fighter with laser blast (think STLE)

Anything would have been more exciting than lighting or flooring

#557 6 years ago

I am super happy, money ready for the Pro version!! Can't wait to get this one!! Great Job Stern!!!

#558 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Yes but using your own words you didn't marry the bitter face chick, you just fucked the shit out of her nut denied it if anyone asked. It may be find to play but would you buy that ugly fucker.

Kind of like the similarity between ugly chicks and mopeds.......they are both fun to ride until your friends see you! Hopefully you will not have to wear a disguise to play this pin in public..........

#559 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Yea, but with Buttaface, you can turn out the lights or use a paper bag........you can't play pinball in the dark unless you are a ........ Pinball Wizard.......

My last 3 pins are GBLE, BM66LE and ASLE, gorgeous beauties, I still might need a Buttaface in the stable.

We were kind of told early on not to expect much from the artwork on Star Wars and boy were they right.

It almost has me considering DI but that artwork is worse and I don't think I can look at the dorky cell phone dude and Bob the builder toy.

#560 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

On a side note the LE backglass would look stellar with pulsating white LED's fading from center to outer edge, to make it appear like they are traveling in light speed. Modders-get started

You mean like this?

hankin-pinball-2 (resized).jpghankin-pinball-2 (resized).jpg

#561 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Urrr use the force?

#562 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I hate coming off as a Star Wars apologist, but I'm actually thrilled it is like AC/DC ... I have zero desire to own an AC/DC but love the layout. This kind of kills two birds with one stone for me (though I can see why people that like both AC/DC and Star Wars will be torqued off ... the layouts are ridiculously similar).

Agreed, they are very similar, but then again Steve has done this before: HS -> HSII (Getaway) -> HSIII (STTNG)

#563 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I thought Death Star interior when I first saw it.

deathstar (resized).jpgdeathstar (resized).jpg

#564 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

BTW, I played a Aerosmith this weekend and it was a lot of fun. It's a great looking game and a ass kicker. The shots are hard.

Gotta love Borg. I think Ritchie passed the best designer torch long ago.

Still gotta see how this one plays before I decide to marry her or not.

#565 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

She doesn't want you. You've been with that disgusting BM66...some of your purple might rub off.

#566 6 years ago

Well, it looks better than Batman 66.

#567 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My Borg tables are my favorites, by far

#568 6 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Well, it looks better than Batman 66.

I don't think thats a positive consolation prize.

Can we talk about what a massive fail Stern has made on the announcement? They change over thier FB Banner to the SW logo, and post an episode of the Star Wars Show which you need to sit through , or scan thru (not easily done on mobile) to find any word of it (for all of a 20 second spot). No where on their site do they reference it, and their twitter just directs back to the aforementioned FB page. Not even a proper press release!

Interestingly enough, THIS thread contains more information then what Stern has officially posted themselves.

Who's running things over there in marketing anyways?!

I mean, maybe chalk it up to the premature release of the SWS episode on them, but then thats something that should be communicated, Didn't this same thing happen with Aerosmith in Donny's book?

#569 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

...DI but that artwork is worse and I don't think I can look at the dorky cell phone dude and Bob the builder toy.

Roadshow, NBA Fastbreak, WPT...this is what you look at when you go in your game room.

You literally have multiple "Builder Bobs" staring back at you!

#570 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I thought Death Star interior when I first saw it.

Snap, I posted that on the previous page with Obi-Wan fighting Vader, it was the first thing I thought of seeing those rails but it does look even more like the Falcons metal flooring, doesn't make me think Hyperspace at all.

#571 6 years ago
Quoted from ChanceKJ:

Can we talk about what a massive fail Stern has made on the announcement? They change over thier FB Banner to the SW logo, and post an episode of the Star Wars Show which you need to sit through , or scan thru (not easily done on mobile) to find any word of it (for all of a 20 second spot). No where on their site do they reference it, and their twitter just directs back to the aforementioned FB page. Not even a proper press release!
Interestingly enough, THIS thread contains more information then what Stern has officially posted themselves.

They alse have a link to this Pinside thread on their FB page.

#572 6 years ago

The game looks fun to me. I suspect most all of these big licences are gonna be stuck with somewhat bland art.

#573 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

She doesn't want you. You've been with that disgusting BM66...some of your purple might rub off.

Lol. I played the B66 at the PHOF over the weekend once. Once was enough. I am aware that you can't make real decision after one game but I didn't want to get to know it. I didn't want to play it again. Sorry Ice, I know you love yours and if I ever get up your way I'll gladly let you try to change my mind.

#574 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

They alse have a link to this Pinside thread on their FB page.

Lazy.

Marketing and communications is what i do for a living. This is just bad form. Where do i apply?...

#575 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

As a Star Wars fan, I would have preferred to go 'all in' on the Force.

The more I think about this the more I wonder why the original trilogy?

I'm a Star Wars geek. Have hundreds of toys, I don't collect just anything though, just things the emotionally resonate with me.

And the thing is, we've seen all this before. It's the 40th anniversary. Any of the art could have been on a lunchbox. It's the 3rd or 4th time the original films have been made into a pin (depending on how you count).

It's like making a new Playboy pin. Why would you do that? It's been done to death.

Ritchie likes action. Do Rogue One. Do something new. Data East, Sega, Stern, it's all the same company. Going back to the same well.

I want to play it. But I wish it looked like it was done by super fans of the films.

Maybe the animation package will help. Seems dumb to make people wait a week to bitch about things before officially releasing stuff. Maybe a video would shut us all up.

#576 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ritchie likes action. Do Rogue One. Do something new. blockquote>

Totally agree, would have been down for that

#577 6 years ago
Quoted from ChanceKJ:

I mean, maybe chalk it up to the premature release of the SWS episode on them, but then thats something that should be communicated, Didn't this same thing happen with Aerosmith in Donny's book?

The whole sudden change of their Facebook banner and link to the video was done after the video went online, so you would have to assume they heard about it and quickly panicked to update their Facebook page and link themselves to the video, it was certainly a leak, but your right it happens time and time again with Stern and really it shouldn't as there are people in paid jobs who are supposed to be organising and be in control of this stuff

#578 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

The game looks fun to me. I suspect most all of these big licences are gonna be stuck with somewhat bland art.

I'd be stoked to find one in the wild. Ops should buy these up. Public won't care about the art.

#579 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The more I think about this the more I wonder why the original trilogy?

Because the new characters suck.

#580 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Roadshow, NBA Fastbreak, WPT...this is what you look at when you go in your game room.
You literally have multiple "Builder Bobs" staring back at you!

No shit. Butt ugly's. I don't mind some old school ugly though.

#581 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The whole sudden change of their Facebook banner and link to the video was done after the video went online, so you would have to assume they heard about it and quickly panicked to update their Facebook page and link themselves to the video, it was certainly a leak, but your right it happens time and time again with Stern and really it shouldn't as there are people in paid jobs who are supposed to be organising and be in control of this stuff

They obviously have photos, and they supplied them to the video. It's weird that they aren't just posting photos now.

On the other hand, Dialed In was announced and made playable last October, and they just now released the trailer for it.

People want shit now. And I think it's dumb to not control the narrative. But it won't matter. People here will still eat up video in a week.

#582 6 years ago

For example

Screenshot_2017-05-31-22-26-43 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-05-31-22-26-43 (resized).png

#583 6 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

And no previous SW machine had an LCD.

#584 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Seems dumb to make people wait a week to bitch about things before officially releasing stuff. Maybe a video would shut us all up.

I think it's a safe bet to assume Stern where caught off guard big time with the video going live, we probably aren't seeing official images and video until the 6th because they don't have any of them completly edited/ready yet...

#585 6 years ago

WHY not make a promethius pin instead of ALIEN

#586 6 years ago

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

I was doing some digging on the Stern website and i JUST found a new high res picture of the Pro's playfield!!

http://www.goo.gl/h2wqjG

#587 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

She is just still a young babe in the woods. Coming out of her ugly phase.

#588 6 years ago

Screenshot_2017-05-31-22-29-26 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-05-31-22-29-26 (resized).png

#589 6 years ago

The Trilogy: NO FEAR, GAME OF THRONES, STAR WARS

Loops and Ramps baby!

#590 6 years ago

Just look at that horrid gradient pattern on the shield...... Oops, wrong game.

#591 6 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Dear MezelMods,
Please, for the love of The Force, make us a mod featuring this fine gentleman.
Sincerely,
The Pinsides.

Stay on target

#592 6 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Agree to disagree, I enjoyed Rogue One, and it would make a slick looking action pin, for Fast Ritchie.

Good plot for rules. Lots of action scenes for the LCD clips.

#593 6 years ago

So I'm guessing by using the original cast art they can use tons of video from the original movies... if they wanted to do a next generation of the Star Wars movies they wouldn't have the video content needed with only one movie out. So my guess is u won't see shit from the new movies in the pin

#594 6 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

So predictable. The pinside chorus, not the game. No one has seen the game in person, heard it, played it, seen the video interaction, or experienced it in any capacity, except for a few pictures. It may be great, it may suck, but it's hard to believe that anyone can call this a disappointment without actually one flip.

Agreed, it's too early to comment on gameplay, sound, animations & code.

Disagreed, it's not too early to be disappointed in the art & toys though

#595 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

people are complaining that Street Fighter 2 for Switch is too expensive @ $40. Lol.

Who is?

#596 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

People want shit now. And I think it's dumb not to control the narrative. But it won't matter. People here will still eat up video in a week.

Of course we will all eat up some video after all we all love Pinball whether it's good or bad plus your forgetting THIS IS PINSIDE!!

IMG_2742.GIFIMG_2742.GIF

#597 6 years ago

People used to humble bundles and iphone apps are the ones that complain about a $40 SF II for Switch.

#598 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Agree to disagree, I enjoyed Rogue One, and it would make a slick looking action pin, for Fast Ritchie.
Good plot for rules. Lots of action scenes for the LCD clips.

Tell that to this guy...

Screenshot_2017-05-31-22-39-28 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-05-31-22-39-28 (resized).png

#599 6 years ago

Tons of bitching about that. And they're not wrong either, it's too expensive for a reissue of an old game.

Whatever I bought it anyways, I'm a Street Fighter fanboi.

#600 6 years ago
Quoted from ChanceKJ:

Lazy.
Marketing and communications is what i do for a living. This is just bad form. Where do i apply?...

Jody would have to fire himself. He clearly deserves to be fired, but he's part owner, so they're stuck with him. His side of the house is always a mess, licensing aside. The marketing strategy at Stern though...it's real bad. I mean, wow.

Strong licenses can overcome a lot of bungling idiocy in marketing though, so it's not like it really matters all that much in the long run. It just annoys the fan base. I guess sometimes it threatens the fan base too on live streams, but I doubt that ever pays off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 21.50
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/12?hl=chancekj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.