8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 150.
#6101 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Have you seen Girls Trip?

I don't need to. Rotten Tomatoes says it is higher, so it must be better. At least that is the logic if Rotten Tomatoes is the final arbiter of movie quality. Group think has spoken. Do not argue with the group think.

#6102 6 years ago

At the end of Rogue One, everyone turned to me and asked me what I had thought.

My jaw was practically on the floor and the first thing I said was "did this director ever see Star Wars??"

How does one explain the hammerhead corvette pushing the one star destroyer into the other star destroyer, cutting it in half...

The squid creature...need I say more on that?

The whole storyline of the Death Star being designed to blow up is silly. In order for this to happen, the rebellion must do the following: 1 - steal the plans. 2 - analyze the plans. 3 - have a pilot who is strong with the force in order to hit the shot. Remember, Wedge stand-in says "that's impossible, even for a computer." Wedge only happens to be one of the Rebellion's best pilots.

The best character in the movie was KS2O...a droid.

Music score was complete crap.

All the wasted easter eggs were un-necessary.

#6103 6 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I like a lot of movies (and pins for that matter) that other people don't, and dislike a lot that others like. Its okay, I don't have to follow the crowd. Not quite sure why you seem to feel threatened by other people's opinions though. Like what you like. It's all good.

A few people felt compelled to say they didn't like it. I don't see the harm is saying I liked it. I'm not "threatened". A little banter on the topic seems harmless.

#6104 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

No, he's patiently awaiting any film to reach 100% approval before wasting his time.

#6105 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I have. WAY overrated. New chick is hilarious though

#6106 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

No, he's patiently awaiting any film to reach 100% approval before wasting his time.

?

Not sure what you are saying here. If you have something to say directly to me, then please do so. Or better yet don't, I think things have gone off the rails enough.

If it makes things easier, I am sorry if not liking Rogue One hurt anyone's feelings. Someone had posted earlier in the thread how they thought Rogue One was great, I responded with how I didn't, and now it has turned into the usual Pinside shit show where I am a hater, not a fan of Star Wars, and now only watch movies with 100% ratings on Rotten Tomatoes. You really can't make this shit up...

My bad for responding to an offtopic post in the first place. This will be my last.

#6107 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Mini-review:
I put only about 5 or 6 games on SW the other day. Most my pro's and con's falls in line with everyone else's - and 5 or 6 games is nowhere near what's needed to give any game a full honest review. But, here's my initial impressions from what i gathered:
- First off; yes - game loooks sparse, art is average but better in person. But all of that - ALL OF THAT goes out the door once you plunge your first ball. When the ball is in play, nothing about the gameplay feels sparse or lacking, and the art fit in perfect for how fast you need to be to track the ball.
-Multipliers: I was skeptical but really like the implementation. It was fast, fun, and exciting to lock on/off multipliers and move them very quickly and get them locked in before the next shot. I was having a hard time to follow what my multiplier was at even though its center stage on the screen. This would probably become second nature after about 20 or more plays though.
-Tie Fighter Button Mashing: Loved it! It was quick; only lasts like 5 secs and really keeps you on your toes. I take back all my opinions on this mode and fits perfect. Plus, to boot, in my 5-6 total games, twice did i drain the outlane during this tie fighter mode and got multiball going to save my drain. So yea, i really like this but i did notice my hand getting weaker and slower from game to game.
-Scoring: Unlike GOT, i had a hard time watching the screen and seeing big scores pop up and knowing whether the 40X shot i just made was the right choice or how much i got from it. It was very hard to follow my scoring on the screen. I imagine this would get better over time - like i said, only put on about 5 plays; and i do have over a thousand plays on GOT so i know when to look up and see what point value i got for a shot - but it would be very cool if the mini screen showed the major jackpot or 20x/40x cash in shot values with a pop up; or some kind of sound queue to let me know i should look up at the display. I also think bonus scoring is out of whack. Once in these 5 games i got 1+ billion bonuses TWICE; and one of those times the ball wasn't in play for more than 30 seconds. I didnt feel like i deserved a billion point bonus, but got it. This was a turn off and hopefully gets balanced in future.
-Shots: Every shot felt sweet to hit. Loved the outer loops. Loved the inner loop shot. Ramps felt good with their long shots and fast returns. The death star captive shot was awesome! The drops felt great and the 3 bank shots was good and didnt feel out of place at all. I loved the side to side movement action as well; I couldnt find anything bad with how the game shoots. I felt the ball is in the pops for an appropriate amount of time - i dont understand the criticism's ive read about the pops on this game, they felt great and i understood quickly (maybe cause i know dwights programming?) when the ball should be in the pops and not, but overall it didnt feel like it was in the pops area too much or too little.
Cons:
- Call outs within modes. #1 complaint is i didnt know what to shoot for. I agree with other complaints mentioned that the display is information overload. There's no way to follow the instructions with the speed of the game. In every game i played i had this annoying count down timer sound; i say annoying because its a standard mode or hurryup count down which i like, but there was no indication of what to hit within that time. I was shooting flashing shots but didnt seem to be progressing in anything and just kept hearing the count down. I think i eventually figured it out that i had to hit the FORCE drops; but a call out when a count down starts of what to hit is much needed. Like '...use the force' - indicating to hit the FORCE drops. But even on one game i think i hit the FORCE drops and i still heard the count down going; and even then i was hitting flashing shots but didnt feel or hear any type of progression in the modes. I know this would come over time in a home environment; but still, there was one mode that said shoot the orbits 4 times - i did that once in 4 shots (game flows nice) and it felt like nothing happened. It was very unclear when i was progressing in a mode, completing a mode, or a mode ending. Something to say, 'one more ramp' or 'one more loop shot' or 'one more orbit' or 'hit the targets', something! The only thing that helped me in this department is my knowledge of GOT and dwights coding with those modes.
- Theme integration: I now understand others' complaints about the theme integration. You really don't feel immersed into the star wars universe, and i agree with this complaint. There are times where i did, like when i was fighting darth vader, that felt good - but still there was a lack of info through call outs on how my battle with vader was going. It was all display information overload. I think there's a severe lack of call outs going on in this game. Sound effects, display, shots, speed, layout, rules, and code were all top notch; but the lack of helpful info call outs of what needs to be done and general call outs felt severely lacking.
My best game in 5 plays was just over 4 billion. No HS initials which made me sad but also made me think, is 4 billion even a good score on this game? I laugh when people say they got 2 or 3 billion on GOT thinking they know the game now that they got that score.
So im thinking 4 billion on SW is average...but it sure felt like i had to work hard at getting that score. And I know a lot of my cons would be solved over time with more plays. But i really do think the call outs are severely lacking; even the jackpot call outs didnt feel good. And what i think may be missing the most more than call outs is that holy shit wow moment of cashing in a 20x or 40x shot like in GOT. For example, when i got the extra ball, the game went ballistic and i was like 'oh yea, here comes the cash in of a major shot....' then it was just an extra ball. Like that scene, those explosions, that drama, that build up and intensity of an extra ball is what's missing for major cash in shots on this game. If i hit a 20x or 40x shot that cashes in a shit load of points, i want to be made aware of it some how, some way, in some form.
Overall, the game is great and i had a blast. In my limited play, the rules seem legit and awesome with LOTS to explore. But holy hell i was sweating after 5 plays. This game makes you work, and sweat. As much as i enjoyed the game, i didnt feel like this is something i had to have in my lineup; at least not yet. But for just over $5k, this is a fantastic value and great machine to have compared to everything else on the NIB market.

I got to play one yesterday for the first time. Got about 10 plays on it and agree with your assessments. Most notably the lack of callouts.

Scoring does seem all over the place though. Also had some bonuses around 1b that I didn't feel like I earned.

I GCd the pin with a score of 8.5b. During which I had a Death Star shot worth 3.5b.
Most of my games were in the 2-3b range.

Really liked it though. Definitely already itching to play some more.

#6108 6 years ago

227 posts since last i visited this topic, any link to videos of LE?
Don't wanna read about code/rules everything is still just beta.

#6109 6 years ago

I got 400 mil on SW last night! Did I do good?

#6110 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Ummmmm.....no

I thought I did good at 4 bil. I was wrong

#6111 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ummmmm.....no
I thought I did good at 4 bil. I was wrong

Ha! And I thought I did good at 3.5 bil. It was GC and still is, but I guess that's not gonna last!

#6112 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Yep. You nailed that skill shot.

#6113 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Don't wanna read about code/rules everything is still just beta.

Code/rules on SW are not just Beta. We're at v.0.85 now. The game is mostly complete but sure to have more polish and refinements to the rules. Now's the time to start learning it. This is a deep, deep game!

#6114 6 years ago

The Tilt was set tighter than a virgin. One tectonic shift and it was three tilts your out! (Or I just suck )

#6115 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Code/rules on SW are not just Beta. We're at v.0.85 now. The game is mostly complete but sure to have more polish and refinements to the rules. Now's the time to start learning it. This is a deep, deep game!

It will get updates, thats for sure.
Any news/video on LE??

#6116 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Ha! And I thought I did good at 3.5 bil. It was GC and still is, but I guess that's not gonna last!

Is DeadFlips 14 Billion the highest we have seen?

#6117 6 years ago

You probably won't see scores like that anymore since the new update lowered the scoring throughout the game.

Quoted from flynnsbit:

#6118 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Latest code updates (0.87 just released this afternoon) sounds like they've toned down the scoring quite a bit...

#6119 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Latest code updates (0.87 just released this afternoon) sounds like they've toned down the scoring quite a bit...

Love code updates. I know that having a NIB with incomplete code is frustrating for some, but I love getting a new code download, installing it and see what has changed. It only gets frustrating for me when the code updates stop coming (looking at you GB)

#6120 6 years ago

here is the readme notes. Curious to see the score tweeking.

PRO V0.87 - July 26, 2017
======================
Fixed:
- Far right mini target was no working properly in v0.86; will now work correctly.

Tweaked:
- Changed the priortiy of TIE fighter hurry up lamps to be higher than Death
Star III mission.

PRO V0.86 - July 26, 2017
======================
Fixed:
- Removed Accelerator switches from reporting they are bad in tech alert.
- Game will no longer crash during mini-wizard modes if you complete them
during the grace.
- Made 2nd Hyperspace multiball in the same game end correctly.
- Made 2nd Victory multiball in the same game end correctly.

Tweaked:
- Shortened one of the speech calls for choosing Han.
- Greatly slowed down how fast the shot arrows blink esecpially if there is
more than one color the arrow is cycling through.
- Added left side flasher to the TIE fighter explosion.
- Greatly reduced the scoring of most of the game.
- Tweaked default High Scores to reflect new score levels.

#6121 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Oh Snap!

#6122 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

So now scoring matches the play field!

kid (resized).jpgkid (resized).jpg

#6123 6 years ago

Still the same pinball jail after 20 minutes though. They need to let the modes reset after you complete them (and also get the wizard mode in there). But if they can't get the wizard mode in now, at least let the game keep going.

#6124 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

At the end of Rogue One, everyone turned to me and asked me what I had thought.
My jaw was practically on the floor and the first thing I said was "did this director ever see Star Wars??"
How does one explain the hammerhead corvette pushing the one star destroyer into the other star destroyer, cutting it in half...
The squid creature...need I say more on that?
The whole storyline of the Death Star being designed to blow up is silly. In order for this to happen, the rebellion must do the following: 1 - steal the plans. 2 - analyze the plans. 3 - have a pilot who is strong with the force in order to hit the shot. Remember, Wedge stand-in says "that's impossible, even for a computer." Wedge only happens to be one of the Rebellion's best pilots.
The best character in the movie was KS2O...a droid.
Music score was complete crap.
All the wasted easter eggs were un-necessary.

Dude, have YOU seen star wars? Why spend hundreds of trillions on a moon base that blows up planets when you can just throw an asteroid at any planet you want to end life on? Why are fighter ships 'banking' their turns in space? How is a giant worm monster living on an asteroid, with no atmosphere and no food source? how is laser energy emitting from a device deciding to 'stop' after a certain distance? why are people literally using MAGIC to move objects with their MINDS!? I could go on...

And then there's the prequels...

The moment you try to apply 'Logic' to your arguments about star wars, you loose. You missed the point. These movies are not for you.

also, your name is 'Trekkie'....

#6125 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Dude, have YOU seen star wars? Why spend hundreds of trillions on a moon base that blows up planets when you can just throw an asteroid at any planet you want to end life on? Why are fighter ships 'banking' their turns in space? How is a giant worm monster living on an asteroid, with no atmosphere and no food source? how is laser energy emitting from a device deciding to 'stop' after a certain distance? why are people literally using MAGIC to move objects with their MINDS!? I could go on...
The moment you try to apply 'Logic' to your arguments about star wars, you loose. You missed the point. These movies are not for you.

Haha I got a good chuckle out of this.

But seriously, it's not magic dude, it's the force! The force is with me and I'm one with the force

#6126 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Enough of that talk, smart guy!

STARWARSBRAIN (resized).pngSTARWARSBRAIN (resized).png

#6127 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

I had 10.8 billion on .85 code on route yesterday.

IMAG8146 (resized).jpgIMAG8146 (resized).jpg

#6128 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Kiss those scores goodbye for a while, I guess.

#6129 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It's almost like it never happened. Haha

#6130 6 years ago

I could never remember those scores for recording results for competition anyway.

#6131 6 years ago

I've put 100 games on mine now and think I can comment fairly on it.

I think this game is going to end up fantastic just by the feel of the shots and the rough play mechanics it has already. Keep in mind I'm ignoring the fact that it's in beta.

I really enjoy wailing at the targets o' death to increase my multiplier. It is such a cool idea to have such a dangerous shot control the multipliers. Do you try and take the risk or do you start multiball and wail on them during? I've read the comments about people getting tired of slapping the button to kill tie fighters but I think you need to play more than a few games on the machine. It's such a risk reward thing that it feels soo good. I feel like I'm calculating the trajectory of the ball to see how much dead time I have so I can wail at that button to make my way toward multiball. I just freakin' love it!

I think the modes are kinda of ok, nothing really ground breaking in them. Just shoot the lit shots as per typical stern modes. I like that some of them are hurry up based timed modes like when luke is fighting vader. That's my favorite mode so far.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the LE looks like. Anyone get a date on theirs?

#6132 6 years ago

Got to play the pro onsite at my distributors store and man was is that game fun!!! I can't wait for my LE to show up, I'm hoping to see it soon..

#6133 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Same thing happened with GOT. I had monsters scores on that then they gimped Hand of the King and things came back down to Earth a bit.

#6134 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if billions of points suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

#6135 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Got to play the pro onsite at my distributors store and man was is that game fun!!! I can't wait for my LE to show up, I'm hoping to see it soon..

Hear! Hear!

...but this is me waiting for it:

#6136 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Considering that I can pretty much recite 1 through 7, I'd say they are pretty much for me.

Bad movies are not for me.

#6137 6 years ago

Two code updates in one day!!! Hope they keep it up. Midnight Madness still not enabled.

#6138 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

And... why is it that a retard like Jar Jar Binks brings the emperor into power?

#6139 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Phantom Menace and weeping in public afterward (at age 30) because it was so, so bad.

That's exactly how I felt about Star Trek Generations.

*POSSIBLE GAME SPOILERS BELOW*

A few days ago, playing with Xerico at league night, I managed to play through all the main modes and the mode multiballs. I had the entire game go dark, and four shots were lit. There was a callout or screen display along the lines of "prepare to fight the emperor!". When I say the entire game went dark...no GI, no insert lights aside from those four shots having all inserts for the shot flashing. I still don't quite get what happened. I shot the left ramp, as it was the easiest of the four, and basically nothing happened except there was an animation of Palpatine falling into the guts of the Death Star, from when Vader tossed him down....flippers went DEAD, ball drained, and game then allowed me to pick another character. No big multiball, no indicators, no big points.. just...one shot and done. Is this an uncoded-as-yet wizard mode or what? LOL. Not sure if there was supposed to be more there, or if I just hit a glitch and it ended early....or if I was suppposed to make those shots in a very specific order or something...an explanation would be awesome from someone that's had a chance to muck around with it.

I had one shot that was around 500 million and ended up with like 5.6 billion. Very satisfying. I HIGHLY recommend that anyone having issues with the right side scoop kickout, either due to power or alignment on location...pick Leia and take your first choice as "Light Tattoine Missions"....this basically negates ever shooting the scoop intentionally for 90% of things that are NOT collecting mystery award. Lighting the Endor missions off the left ramp is simple, then you just stack in the one Tattooine mission with an Endor mission and you're good to go, without ever touching that bloody scoop!

#6142 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

» YouTube video

That's funny lol. but there are time when to use that word and it's ok and times where it's not good to use. Don't see the point in using it here but whatever.

#6143 6 years ago

Got to have the right key chain for the coin door when that Star Wars LE comes in!!!

IMG_4691 (resized).JPGIMG_4691 (resized).JPG

#6144 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

» YouTube video

They bleep or replace the word on some TV broadcasts of this. Crazy.

#6145 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They bleep or replace the word on some TV broadcasts of this. Crazy.

Talk about ruining the comedy of it.
PC gone awry.

#6146 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Talk about ruining the comedy of it.
PC gone awry.

It completely ruins the scene. I was shocked the first time I saw it like that.

#6147 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It completely ruins the scene. I was shocked the first time I saw it like that.

It is as if the censors missed the whole point of the comedy. I mean, Robert Downey is in blackface even.

#6148 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It is as if the censors missed the whole point of the comedy. I mean, Robert Downey is in blackface even.

Probably his best performance, ever.

#6149 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Probably his best performance, ever.

Yes. Much better than Chaplin.

#6150 6 years ago

He is an excellent actor all around.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 10.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/123?hl=junglist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.