8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 150.
#6001 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

About 30 or so games...gonna have to swing by Walmart on the way home

This making me just want to take it off and put something else there whenever I get the premium. Why break the original toy when I can break a cheap toy (or find a metal one).

#6002 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

The GOOD:- The light show on this machine is pretty damn good. I hope that RGB General Illumination becomes standard. This also is something that doesn't translate well in videos. You need to see it in person. Wish it had been utilized more in modes.

Me too, but you know that this game DOESN'T have RGB GI lighting, right?

It's set up like Metallica...three different single color GI strings are there. Still, pretty cool effect.

#6003 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Me too, but you know that this game DOESN'T have RGB GI lighting, right?
It's set up like Metallica...three different single color GI strings are there. Still, pretty cool effect.

I did not know that. Works in any event.

#6004 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

To be fair, that was pretty much a 2.5 hour movie designed to cover up a notorious plot hole.

Great... now I guess I'll be waiting for the Stern Rogue One movie that will be coming out as a prequel to the last few years of Stern QC deficiencies. Will we find out it was an intentional move all along, orchestrated by a inside mole from JJP??

#6005 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Have you not seen Rogue One? The designer intentionally made the Death Star vulnerable to a catastrophic event.

I haven't in fact - but now you just saved me 8 bucks

#6006 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

I haven't in fact - but now you just saved me 8 bucks

By most accounts the movie is really good. Your loss if you don't watch it.

#6007 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Have you not seen Rogue One? The designer intentionally made the Death Star vulnerable to a catastrophic event.

It also details the Emperor's secret plan to get Luke to make out with his sister. Classic Dark Side prank.

Quoted from DCFAN:

By most accounts the movie is really good.

Rogue One was technically proficient, and after the Original Trilogy, any half-way decent Star Wars is good Star Wars. But it lacked dramatic tension because you knew the entire time exactly where it was going. It was also a bit too grim and self-serious for a Star Wars movie -- just imagine watching it immediately before Episode IV, talk about a shift in tone.

All of that said, the Darth Vader fight sequence was bad ass. So check that out on YouTube even if you're not interested in the rest of the movie.

#6008 6 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Just dreaming something up and repeating it often enough to yourself isn't really a rumor.

Hey man... I have a pro so it doesn't affect me haha. Several people brought it up here, I was just pointing out they were incorrect.

#6009 6 years ago

My scoop on location hits left flipper every time.

200 plus plays, everything cherry so far.

Fun game!

#6010 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

My scoop on location hits left flipper every time.
200 plus plays, everything cherry so far.
Fun game!

The only one I have played on location here is about 60/40 at best. It really ruins the game when you have to try to avoid that scoop shot.

#6011 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The only one I have played on location here is about 60/40 at best. It really ruins the game when you have to try to avoid that scoop shot.

Should be adjusted by the OP. Sucks if it doesnt.

#6012 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

I always was perplexed how a torpedo down an exhaust tube could blow up the entire station, but they encase their garbage compactors with some blaster resistant / rebounding alloy. A small grill made up of that stuff over the exhaust tube would have saved a lot of grief for the empire.

In Rogue One, you learn it was a purposeful design flaw.

#6013 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Should be adjusted by the OP. Sucks if it doesnt.

This op does care, so I don't doubt he will do something...I'm sure he has already since it's been a few days since I played it.

#6014 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Should be adjusted by the OP.

can you adjust the coil power in settings? or try to adjust the scoop or vuk itself?

#6015 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

can you adjust the coil power in settings? or try to adjust the scoop or vuk itself?

I'm not sure, haven't looked. Mine has hit the left flipper from day one. It is level side to side, and probably around 6.8 pitch.

#6016 6 years ago

I just wish that after 40 years of designing games Stern would know better than to aim a scoop that close to center at all... much less not have a timed save from day 1.

#6017 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It was also a bit too grim and self-serious for a Star Wars movie -- just imagine watching it immediately before Episode IV, talk about a shift in tone.

The early part of IV:

89a974435b8d4c029dfb79f8cca67f80 (resized).jpg89a974435b8d4c029dfb79f8cca67f80 (resized).jpg

#6018 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I just wish that after 40 years of designing games Stern would know better than to aim a scoop that close to center at all... much less not have a timed save from day 1.

Every scoop ever that's pointed towards the flippers can get out of whack. Whether leveling or other adjustments, scoops have always had this issue.

#6019 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

To be fair, that was pretty much a 2.5 hour movie designed to cover up a notorious plot hole.

A weakness in the Death Star's design, deliberate or not, is not a plot hole.

#6020 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Every scoop ever that's pointed towards the flippers can get out of whack. Whether leveling or other adjustments, scoops have always had this issue.

Monster Bash Creature saucer, Twilight Zone slot machine, Addams Family electric chair... If those have ever become out of whack auto-drains I have never seen it.

#6021 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Monster Bash Creature saucer, Twilight Zone slot machine, Addams Family electric chair... If those have ever become out of whack auto-drains I have never seen it.

I have on all of them except creature. Stern has always used some of these feeds to send the ball back wildly to the flippers. Even if SW is set up right and it hits the left flipper, good luck controlling it. Also good luck handling the kickout on the left of my LW3.

#6022 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

A weakness in the Death Star's design, deliberate or not, is not a plot hole.

But it is a trench hole.

#6023 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Monster Bash Creature saucer

No...but the actual SCOOP one I've seen shoot STDM way more than I'd like. Same with AFM and RFM.

#6024 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

yes. factory is 40 and it screams out of the scoop and hits the left flipper dead center at that setting with all coils also set to soft on mine.

#6025 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stern has always used some of these feeds to send the ball back wildly to the flippers.

But why punish the player for having good aim and making the shot? I'm sorry, while I appreciate that this may be intentional, I classify this as a poor approach to gameplay.

#6026 6 years ago

Its ok folks, a mod has already been made and trust me this one aint breaking!

gaz (resized).jpggaz (resized).jpg

#6027 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

But why punish the player for having good aim and making the shot? I'm sorry, while I appreciate that this may be intentional, I classify this as a poor approach to gameplay.

Lots of games make it hard on you after making a big shot. Why should the game always be safe?

I don't see it as punishment, I see it as a challenge from the game to figure a way to beat it no matter what it throws at you.

Btw if you're consistently getting SDTM from the right scoop, that's not right. Adjustments need to be made. What those are, I'm not sure yet.

After baby sitting a SW for one night and playing it a ton, didn't get one SDTM from there.

After taking it to the bar it starts doing it 50/50, 60/40 at best. Now the only thing that changed was the back legs were lowered from where I had them.

My suggestion is to take the levelers and extend them until they are flush with the silver collar on the inside of the leg. When I had the back legs that way, no SDTM.

#6028 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lots of games make it hard on you after making a big shot. Why should the game always be safe?
I don't see it as punishment, I see it as a challenge from the game to figure a way to beat it no matter what it throws at you.
Btw if you're consistently getting SDTM from the right scoop, that's not right. Adjustments need to be made. What those are, I'm not sure yet.
After baby sitting a SW for one night and playing it a ton, didn't get one SDTM from there.
After taking it to the bar it starts doing it 50/50, 60/40 at best. Now the only thing that changed was the back legs were lowered from where I had them.
My suggestion is to take the levelers and extend them until they are flush with the silver collar on the inside of the leg. When I had the back legs that way, no SDTM.

A big frustration for me is when the dragon shot on Game of Thrones or snake on MET goes straight down the middle.

#6029 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

A big frustration for me is when the dragon shot on Game of Thrones or snake on MET goes straight down the middle.

If that is happening consistently then there's an issue with setup. I understand the frustration. I hate when MB and AFM scoops do the same thing.

#6030 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If that is happening consistently then there's an issue with setup. I understand the frustration. I hate when MB and AFM scoops do the same thing.

It's hard to to fix when the pin I'm playing is on route and I don't have the key.

#6031 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It's hard to to fix when the pin I'm playing is on route and I don't have the key.

Then do what I do. Fight the game back!! Say okay, gonna drain out of the snake and dragon shot? I'll GC this bitch without ever hitting that shot! Haha

#6032 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

A big frustration for me is when the dragon shot

I can tell you I've never once had a SDTM form dragon shot.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then do what I do. Fight the game back!! Say okay, gonna drain out of the snake and dragon shot? I'll GC this bitch without ever hitting that shot! Haha

WEll at least try to wiggle the game or slap a side when it shoots it out. But yeah I'd be pissed to

#6033 6 years ago

Did anyone else realize that the PF are 99.9% identical. The only difference I see is the lock mech thingy in the death star loop on the prem / le everything else is added on: hyperloop, ball save on the right outlane and the egg shattering death star. No more shaker, no more real backglass.

#6034 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Did anyone else realize that the PF are 99.9% identical. The only difference I see is the lock mech thingy in the death star loop on the prem / le everything else is added on: hyperloop, ball save on the right outlane and the egg shattering death star. No more shaker, no more real backglass.

Yeah. The pics came out like forever ago.

#6035 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

That's frustrating and BS. The Op needs to adjust the scoop power. Simple fix. Any way to contact him?

#6036 6 years ago

M-brew ferndale, MI

The pitch is too damn high! (Insert meme here). This game is a ball buster more so than Ghostbusters at least at this pitch.
IMG_1589 (resized).JPGIMG_1589 (resized).JPG

#6037 6 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

M-brew ferndale, MI
The pitch is too damn high! (Insert meme here). This game is a ball buster more so than Ghostbusters at least at this pitch.

That is set quite high. The pitch makes a massive difference to game play. We set AS like that and got some massive scores. When we corrected the pitch, game became like GB and now most of our scores are not very high at all.

Could you kindly post another picture of the shooter lane showing the lower part of the shooter. I am looking to see if the cliffys I have will fit in SW. So far what I see looks really good!

Many thanks!

#6038 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Could you kindly post another picture of the shooter lane showing the lower part of the shooter. I am looking to see if the cliffys I have will fit in SW. So far what I see looks really good!
Many thanks!

shooter looks pretty similar to GB.

20170725_205641 (resized).jpg20170725_205641 (resized).jpg

#6039 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I have seen problems on multiple TAFs coming out of the swamp

#6040 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That is set quite high. The pitch makes a massive difference to game play. We set AS like that and got some massive scores. When we corrected the pitch, game became like GB and now most of our scores are not very high at all.
Many thanks!

I am a vagabond and have already moved on. I can say that they had SW, AS, and BM66 all set to to same pitch. It was a slow night but I can say that I saw multiple customers play one of these games say " f that" and play one of the sterns or dialed in with a more reasonable pitch.

I see this as the sucker setup. New games will make money for a short amount of time but this doesn't seem like a smart long term move.

#6041 6 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

I see this as the sucker setup. New games will make money for a short amount of time but this doesn't seem like a smart long term move.

I think it might be more of a league players hang out. Maybe aaronjames can fill us in.

#6042 6 years ago

I've played about 25 games on a Pro on location now. The OP has lowered the Tatooine scoop power so that it's a gentle feed to the right flipper. Works great.

I have to say this game plays great. There are some great rules involving the lock down button. Like HOLDING in the button during MB when it's orange to add-a-ball. Creates a really interesting aspect of when to do it because your gonna have your hand off the flipper button for several seconds. Same thing with the Tie-fighter hurry ups. Button mashing while the ball is in play - even in multiball - is awesome! You have to try to do it strategically cause you know your hand is gonna be off the flipper buttons. It's a great addition to the game. I hear a lot of "stupid button mashing" or "I wanna play pinball, not mash a button as fast as I can". BUT, you do this while you are trying to control the ball. It's great!

The multipliers take a little getting used to, but once you get used to how it works it really ramps up the concentration level to do well in the game. Like "Oh, there's that dreaded sound letting me know the multiplier timer is about to run out. Do I take a pot shot at the dangerous stand-ups to reset the timer, or just cash in one more 15-20x shot"? I had a single shot with 40X that was about 350M. What a rush!

The numerous skill shots are great. Do I take Enable Tatooine modes cause I'm just terrible at that shot, Or do I take +5 Tie Fighters cause I'm on 3rd ball and getting really close to Tie-Fighter MB? Or +3 Bonus X, or +3x Multipliers? Oh yeah, I'm gonna take 5% of my score because I'm at 1.5 billion already. Nothing like plunging the ball for 75 million!

What an awesome game!

#6043 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I've played about 25 games on a Pro on location now. The OP has lowered the Tatooine scoop power so that it's a gentle feed to the right flipper. Works great.

Glad this works if need be, but I would really like to find another way so that the ball fires outta there to the left flipper. Like a delayed dragon kickback.

#6044 6 years ago

Anyone compiling code suggestions? They should definitely have the Death Star leds go off during the matching sequence.

#6045 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Of all the things to worry about on a NIB $5K game, I don't think the scoop adjustment is anything to worry about as an owner and not route player.

My AFM which I have had over 10 years just started that this week. I was like WTF as I would say I have had 0 drains prior. Took an hour to fix with the cleaning I decided to do to the playfield and rubbers. The scoop weldment was loose.

My MB also did this when I got it from day 1, wonder if moving it did this as no one could have put up with it. Was like 75% of the time was a drain. It took more time to adjust since the scoop damage was so bad but the same formula.

Weird that we are hearing this, But the SW I play on location has not done that to me once so would be surprised if it isn't an easy fix starting with pitch and level and going from there.

Now the SPIKE system worries me about buying a SW but not the scoop.

#6046 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I have to say this game plays great. There are some great rules involving the lock down button. Like HOLDING in the button during MB when it's orange to add-a-ball. Creates a really interesting aspect of when to do it because your gonna have your hand off the flipper button for several seconds. Same thing with the Tie-fighter hurry ups. Button mashing while the ball is in play - even in multiball - is awesome! You have to try to do it strategically cause you know your hand is gonna be off the flipper buttons. It's a great addition to the game. I hear a lot of "stupid button mashing" or "I wanna play pinball, not mash a button as fast as I can". BUT, you do this while you are trying to control the ball. It's great!
The multipliers take a little getting used to, but once you get used to how it works it really ramps up the concentration level to do well in the game. Like "Oh, there's that dreaded sound letting me know the multiplier timer is about to run out. Do I take a pot shot at the dangerous stand-ups to reset the timer, or just cash in one more 15-20x shot"? I had a single shot with 40X that was about 350M. What a rush!
The numerous skill shots are great. Do I take Enable Tatooine modes cause I'm just terrible at that shot, Or do I take +5 Tie Fighters cause I'm on 3rd ball and getting really close to Tie-Fighter MB? Or +3 Bonus X, or +3x Multipliers? Oh yeah, I'm gonna take 5% of my score because I'm at 1.5 billion already. Nothing like plunging the ball for 75 million!
What an awesome game!

This type of intelligent, lucid, and well thought out post / review has no place on pinside.

#6047 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

shooter looks pretty similar to GB.

Thanks very much, I really appreciate that. I have a GB cliffy and I am confident that it will nearly go straight on. Same Auto plunger system underneath as GB and AS.

#6048 6 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

I am a vagabond and have already moved on. I can say that they had SW, AS, and BM66 all set to to same pitch. It was a slow night but I can say that I saw multiple customers play one of these games say " f that" and play one of the sterns or dialed in with a more reasonable pitch.

That is a shame. The more people we have in this hobby the better. You guys are lucky and have plenty of places you can go and play pinball.

#6049 6 years ago

The missions in the game, do they all basically play the same or are there different types of shots required for each one?

Rob

#6050 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The missions in the game, do they all basically play the same or are there different types of shots required for each one?
Rob

The modes are all pretty unique. Like GOT but probably even more varied than those.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/121 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.