8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 150.
#5751 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

So, I made it through all the modes, everything completed that this code has to offer. "Patiently" looking forward to the code update.

Also, did you do this on one game? Once you go through all four of the main quadrants do you get to start with one of the remaining 3 characters and keep the attributes of the first character you picked?

#5752 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Are the layers for completing the "F-O-R-C-E" targets coded in yet? Anything of importance or relevance with the Jedi Standups?

not all of them. Video Mode and Lightsaber Duel are absent.

#5753 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Also, did you do this on one game? Once you go through all four of the main quadrants do you get to start with one of the remaining 3 characters and keep the attributes of the first character you picked?

Yes, I did it all in one game. Afterwards, it was basically flipping for fun. You could get points, but the modes were all solid and no way to start anything else other than hurry ups. STILL fun, because Star Wars is amazing, but, it made me sad to reach the current "end"

#5754 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Yes, I did it all in one game. Afterwards, it was basically flipping for fun. You could get points, but the modes were all solid and no way to start anything else other than hurry ups. STILL fun, because Star Wars is amazing, but, it made me sad to reach the current "end"

Bummer. I REALLY hope and have to believe that you'll be able to start another character and go back and play any modes that were already "completed" when picking the first character. Or at a bare minimum wipe out all mode progress and pick one of the four main characters again.

#5755 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

curious, do you have this on 5 ball with lots of EBs?

or are you a really good player?

#5756 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Bummer. I REALLY hope and have to believe that you'll be able to start another character and go back and play any modes that were already "completed" when picking the first character. Or at a bare minimum wipe out all mode progress and pick one of the four main characters again.

I hope for this too. Otherwise, the lit inserts on the playfield under the characters are kind of pointless.

#5757 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The game usually kicks my ass pretty good but every 1 of 3 or 4 games garners a nice long play fest resulting in a 3 to 5 billion scores and completion of most modes, hurry up multi and several extra balls. I did move the out lane posts to easy which helps a lot especially with the high pitch I'm using. I like that its a hard pin feels more rewarding when everything goes just right.

#5758 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Factory settings...I wouldn't say i'm really good. My high score is 7.6b -- but sometimes you just have a great game!

Also, keep in mind this IS super early code. I would almost bet money that in the end you'll be able to pick another character once one is finished. And so on and so on. The game will continue to progress and get better and better.

I mean, look what happened with TWD.
(But pay no attention to the BM66 in the corner.)

#5759 6 years ago

i made it to victory multiball last night also and beat Bobba fett, once codes completed will have to do Lightsaber duel also to start Jedi multiball.

#5760 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

i made it to victory multiball last night also and beat Bobba fett, once codes completed will have to do Lightsaber duel also to start Jedi multiball.

Boba Fett mode is my favorite thing in game atm. I just like strobing and flashers. Call me crazy. I REALLY hope the video mode is the Kessell Run.

#5761 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Factory settings...I wouldn't say i'm really good. My high score is 7.6b -- but sometimes you just have a great game!
Also, keep in mind this IS super early code. I would almost bet money that in the end you'll be able to pick another character once one is finished. And so on and so on. The game will continue to progress and get better and better.

not to bust your balls to much but i watched your stream once, your tilt is not anywhere near competive tightness...

#5762 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

not to bust your balls to much but i watched your stream once, your tilt is not anywhere near competive tightness...

Or maybe I'm just a super bad ass nudger. (I certainly don't have the tilt bob on the hardest setting, I don't find that fun.)

#5763 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Or maybe I'm just a super bad ass nudger. (I certainly don't have the tilt bob on the hardest setting, I don't find that fun.)

i seen your machine move 6 inches with no tilt? its way to loose. i use to have my games like that when i first started playing but i enjoy(in a pissed off way) actually getting warnings and tilting it makes me a better player.

#5764 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

i seen your machine move 6 inches with no tilt? its way to loose. i use to have my games like that when i first started playing but i enjoy actually getting warnings and tilting it makes me a better player.

I can't completely agree with that, I just went back and watched some of my vods, and then played a game, i'm getting tilt warnings fairly easily on a couple slaps. Maybe something was up that night or I'd had a brew too many and just got lucky with furniture slides.

That being said, I am on the lowest nudge setting. I'll never claim to be a pro -- I'm just trying to relay the information that I made it through and what to expect out of the current code, not that I'm awesome.

#5765 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

From what I heard, Lyman worked his ass off on TWD because he loves the game and I believe had one in his own collection. Dwight's recent releases have been pretty complete when launched with more of the focus on polish in the updates rather than content (GOT and GB). Let's hope this theme and game is one he personally wants to be all that it can be and adds the rest of the depth and content that we are all expecting.

#5766 6 years ago

ALSO, I STAND CORRECTED! GREAT NEWS! editing my post now to reflect the news.

the edit: I was apparently missing a mode that I thought I had completed (It must've been Jedi Master, as I'm fairly certain I completed Boba Fett) -- when you finish All modes and those as well, the modes *DO* reset and you choose another character!!!

Thanks for the info!!!

#5767 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

From what I heard, Lyman worked his ass off on TWD because he loves the game and I believe had one in his own collection. Dwight's recent releases have been pretty complete when launched with more a focue on polish in the updates rather than content (GOT and GB). Let's hope this theme and game is one he personally wants to be all that it can be and adds the rest of the depth and content that we are all expecting.

Absolutely. Lyman is the man, let's face it. And so is Dwight. I couldn't be more excited for the future of this game.

#5768 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I can't completely agree with that, I just went back and watched some of my vods, and then played a game, i'm getting tilt warnings fairly easily on a couple slaps. Maybe something was up that night or I'd had a brew too many and just got lucky with furniture slides.
That being said, I am on the lowest nudge setting. I'll never claim to be a pro -- I'm just trying to relay the information that I made it through and what to expect out of the current code, not that I'm awesome.

its all good buddy! just bustin your balls alittle

#5769 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

its all good buddy! just bustin your balls alittle

consider them busted!

#5770 6 years ago

Edit: Ignore this question, seems like it is operator error --> Anyone having trouble getting 0.84 to update? I've tried two different USB sticks. The update is recognized on both, but I cannot select it or start the update.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Code is a bit buggy at 0.84 but pretty solid foundation as a release code. I think there is a coin bug that sometimes locks it up after $2 are in and you dont get the bonus credit. Also occasionally eats quarter. Pretty sure this is code related to pulse time of those switches as I looked over all the physical mechs tonight (i.e. sorry in advance if the game eats your quarter or it does not give you a price bonus with $2 sometimes.) Anyone else experiencing this on route?

Edit: Got it updated to 0.84 and $5 now gives 7 1/3 credits. Basically ignore this entire post.

This is regarding 0.83 as I can't get 0.84 to update. I seem to get bonus credits with $2. But if you put a $5 bill in the DBV you only get 4 1/3 credits instead of 7 1/3. My Ghostubusters credits up fine to 7 1/3 when a $5 bill is inserted, but SW doesn't. There's a bug somewhere.

I haven't checked by putting in $5 worth of quarters. I imagine it would be fine, it seems to be the coin clicks for $5 that don't register correctly through the center slot. Or maybe you are right and it is a timing issue of the pulses.

#5771 6 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Anyone having trouble getting 0.84 to update? I've tried two different USB sticks. The update is recognized on both, but I cannot select it or start the update..

I had to redownload it from sterns website and reformet my usb stick and retransfer the files two it a couple of times for it to work. Even after I did that, I had it fail mid update two different times before it finally took.

#5772 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

ALSO, I STAND CORRECTED! GREAT NEWS! editing my post now to reflect the news.
the edit: I was apparently missing a mode that I thought I had completed (It must've been Jedi Master, as I'm fairly certain I completed Boba Fett) -- when you finish All modes and those as well, the modes *DO* reset and you choose another character!!!
Thanks for the info!!!

Where did you here that? So you can start another character without Jedi multiball being achieved? I havent achieved Jedi Master yet i dont think, ill have to check my audits.

#5773 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Where did you here that? So you can start another character without Jedi multiball being achieved? I havent achieved Jedi Master yet i dont think, ill have to check my audits.

I can't name them because they may not want to be named..but a reliable source.

#5774 6 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

The gameplay on the Pro is probably very good, but I do see (or at least hope ) very well for what I'm paying for with the Premium: That one great toy that gives a pin it's face and makes it memorable. The really cool interactive mechanical gimmick you want to "feed" and see in action.
Think Ring Shot in LotR, Hand in TAF, Toybox in Aerosmith, Gene in KISS, Cannon in T2, etc.
All those games would lose such a big part of their magic without their great main toys.
As it was said before - noone really remembers Getaway as the game with the great shots or nice lights, everyone's first reaction is "oh, the one with the supercharger, that was cool!"

If it's the "face" of the game then why is stern stripping it away and charging 2 grand for it?

#5775 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

If it's the "face" of the game then why is stern stripping it away and charging 2 grand for it?

Good question. But that's just the way it is I guess.

#5776 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Because they can and enough people will still buy?

#5777 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

From what I heard, Lyman worked his ass off on TWD because he loves the game and I believe had one in his own collection. Dwight's recent releases have been pretty complete when launched with more of the focus on polish in the updates rather than content (GOT and GB). Let's hope this theme and game is one he personally wants to be all that it can be and adds the rest of the depth and content that we are all expecting.

Dwight wants the code for this game to be epic. That is his goal and it shows early on. Based on the videos I have watched (HUGE thanks to Waspinat0r for all of his streams! You make me laugh a lot) I think Dwight has done an amazing job of making a fun and deep mode based game that integrates a beloved licence to a tee.

From my understanding, he intends to own one personally as well. This is all very good news.

Can't wait for my LE to arrive in a few weeks.

#5778 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Dwight wants the code for this game to be epic. That is his goal and it shows early on. Based on the videos I have watched (HUGE thanks to Waspinat0r for all of his streams! You make me laugh a lot) I think Dwight has done an amazing job of making a fun and deep mode based game that integrates a beloved licence to a tee.
From my understanding, he intends to own one personally as well. This is all very good news.
Can't wait for my LE to arrive in a few weeks.

This is great news. His enthusiasm in the dead flip stream was quite evident. I LOVE his work on GOT and can see SW being even better.

#5779 6 years ago

If anyone is going to SDCC this year, there will be a pinball lounge filled with a bunch of Star Wars Pros.

#5780 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

From my understanding, he intends to own one personally as well.

Stern gives the programming lead a game with every project.

#5781 6 years ago

i just realized non of the characters can play Hoth 1st mode?

#5782 6 years ago

Hate to say it, but the SW pro on location near me bit the dust. It's been on location for 2 days. Stern thinks it's the CPU board and is sending another one out.

#5783 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hate to say it, but the SW pro on location near me bit the dust. It's been on location for 2 days. Stern thinks it's the CPU board and is sending another one out.

Not shocking at all.

#5784 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not shocking at all.

SPIKE is half-baked.

Dying to play this game though. One week and I'll get to.

#5785 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

From my understanding, he intends to own one personally as well.

I would almost expect that the software and designers would get a machine as part of their contract :s
Not one of each run of course, but being able to swap out with the newest machine they are working on.

#5786 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I would almost expect that the software and designers would get a machine as part of their contract :s
Not one of each run of course, but being able to swap out with the newest machine they are working on.

Seems reasonable the lead designers might get one of each game they create - that'd be like Stern giving them what, a $3k bonus per game (that's my guestimate of Stern's cost per game)? Not prohibitively expensive.

#5787 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Seems reasonable the lead designers might get one of each game they create - that'd be like Stern giving them what, a $3k bonus per game (that's my guestimate of Stern's cost per game)? Not prohibitively expensive.

I believe they get a discount, but it's not free.

Rob

#5788 6 years ago

I finally got to play a SW Pro. Sound was very low, which was a bit of a drag... but WOW!!! This machine is super fun to shoot.

I wish I'd understood what was going on a little better, but I was having a blast with the geometry. The shots feel really good. My only complaint is that the lanes are tough to see over the playfield screen. I'm pretty tall too, so that would be even tougher for an average sized person.

The game looks REALLY good in an arcade environment. The Lighting and Screen show VERY well.

My initial impression was extremely good. I can't wait to try it in a home environment, where I can really hear what's going on.

#5789 6 years ago

New code is up:

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-star-wars-pro

Seems like maybe the dollar bill acceptor thing is fixed?

PRO V0.85 - July 19, 2017
=========================
Fixed:
- Improved how the ball is detected in the inner loop.
- Improved memory allocation.
- Shot multipliers now show up during Mystery and mission selection.
- Fixed adding balls to multiballs during grace period.
- Fixed how missions are calculated when awarding light extra ball.
- Fixed the width of feature adjustment #6. It was a bit too long.
- Stopped sounds from the action button during bonus.
- Removed Jedi training from the "choose your path" if you are a Jedi master.
- Fixed the "Path to Jedi Multiball" instant info page to read “Lightsaber
Duel” instead of “Jedi Duel”.
- Fixed the “Choose Your Path” instant info page to read "Choose Your Path"
- TIE Fighters will now be awarded correctly when the ball hits the 3-bank
during “TIE Fighter Assault.”
- Improved the inner loop logic to trap the ball more consistently.
- “TIE Fighter Multiball” will now end properly when down to one ball.
- Improved the handling of dollar bill acceptors.

#5790 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

New code is up:
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-star-wars-pro
Seems like maybe the dollar bill acceptor thing is fixed?

Will be interesting to see if that means the coin drop issue is fixed too.

#5791 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

$3k per game (that's my guestimate of Stern's cost per game)? Not prohibitively expensive.

That is a mighty good guess! I don't think you are that far out on the numbers.

#5792 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Quoted from Rob_G:

I believe they get a discount, but it's not free.

Bummer, I'd like to think that Gary could cough up two Star Wars Premiums for Steve and Doug after all they've put into the game. But I guess that goes along with the fact that pinball is a niche market that has contracted violently over the years and there are probably still more skilled designers/coders than there are positions, so there's probably not much upward pressure on salary and bonuses.

But enough about that, let's talk Star Wars. Anyone tried playing with the brand new code yet?

#5793 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Bummer, I'd like to think that Gary could cough up two Star Wars Premiums for Steve and Doug after all they've put into the game

I don't get free stuff from work either....

Rob

#5794 6 years ago

0.85 appears to have fixed the coinage bug. thx STERN and DWIGHT for getting this out so quick!!!

#5795 6 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

"Software guys are aware of this problem. We hope to have this fixed in the next software release."

Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Sooooo 3 months?

Quoted from Whysnow:

0.85 appears to have fixed the coinage bug. thx STERN and DWIGHT for getting this out so quick!!!

So I was wrong...only took 3 days. Thanks team stern!

#5796 6 years ago

Just watched some more gameplay of Star Wars and it's a pretty amazing game. Only complaints I have at all that I can see would be the pop bumpers and the bash toy on the spring....that wasn't very well thought out for sure. My biggest complaint is the button mashing on the lock down bar while fighting the tie fighters. I'm not a fan of that at all and I hope it's not going to be a trend for future games. Sorry but this is pinball, not a video game.

Now that the complaints are out of the way though, Star Wars is Bad Ass! The game has good lcd animations, nice lighting, nice sound, and it is lightning fast. It would be a must buy if I was a SW fan for sure. I cannot wait to play this game, I know I'm going to like it. Another awesome Pin by Stern, way to go guys!!!

#5797 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My biggest complaint is the button mashing on the lock down bar while fighting the tie fighters. I'm not a fan of that at all and I hope it's not going to be a trend for future games. Sorry but this is pinball, not a video game.

They dialed this back in the 0.84 code - shorter window so much less pounding.

#5798 6 years ago

I think the TIE fighter button mashing is still kind of fun after a couple dozen games on a location pro. Interested in seeing the eventual video mode to see if they can get that right. I typically skip the video mode in GoT and hate the guessing game in GB. When's the last time Stern (or anyone) made a rewarding video mode?

I am also liking the risk/reward play with locking/unlocking the multiplier lanes. Cradling the ball and moving the 20x multiplier to the super jackpot payoff shot is fun.

Just glad to know my coins won't be eaten by the machine as much anymore... still going to avoid using bills though.

#5799 6 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

I typically skip the video mode in GoT and hate the guessing game in GB. When's the last time Stern (or anyone) made a rewarding video mode?

The capture the ghosts video mode they added into GB is pretty fun. Not particularly hard, and arguably imbalanced points wise, but fun as far as video modes go.

#5800 6 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

I think the TIE fighter button mashing is still kind of fun after a couple dozen games on a location pro. Interested in seeing the eventual video mode to see if they can get that right. I typically skip the video mode in GoT and hate the guessing game in GB. When's the last time Stern (or anyone) made a rewarding video mode?
I am also liking the risk/reward play with locking/unlocking the multiplier lanes. Cradling the ball and moving the 20x multiplier to the super jackpot payoff shot is fun.
Just glad to know my coins won't be eaten by the machine as much anymore... still going to avoid using bills though.

I really like the Fish Tales Video Mode so that goes back to '92ish and not Stern. The spitoon CP is also fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 21.50
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/116 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.