8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 150.
#5651 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Possibly midnight madness is the other MB. Its noted in the settings.

Its not coded yet though or at least in settings its disabled and cant be turned on yet. I think and hope that lightsaber duel is the 9th mball and Midnight isnt counted as one of the 9 advertised.

#5652 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Its not coded yet though or at least in settings its disabled and cant be turned on yet. I think and hope that lightsaber duel is the 9th mball and Midnight isnt counted as one of the 9 advertised.

I'm with you in that hope!!!! -- I imagine an awesome light show and sound show. Lightsabers, Darth Vader, Luke, Obi Wan, the Emperor, etc.

#5653 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Who is Luke's father? That has been bothering me for decades.

Uncle Owen. It was the family shame. They left Luke with him as a punishing reminder of his dalliance.

#5654 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My best guess is that it happens post winning a free game and then attempting to put in more credits?

Possibly. I didn't pay too close attention, but it happened several times.

#5655 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I'm with you in that hope!!!! -- I imagine an awesome light show and sound show. Lightsabers, Darth Vader, Luke, Obi Wan, the Emperor, etc.

Didn't you list 9 MB modes on the previous page without including Midnight Madness? So hopefully Midnight Madness is a bonus (10th) multiball.

#5656 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Didn't you list 9 MB modes on the previous page without including Midnight Madness? So hopefully Midnight Madness is a bonus (10th) multiball.

I don't think MM has been officially announced as a multiball. I mean, generally it is, (and I'm sure it will be again), but until it is, I'd hate to jump to conclusions.

#5657 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I don't think MM has been officially announced as a multiball. I mean, generally it is, (and I'm sure it will be again), but until it is, I'd hate to jump to conclusions.

They said it with Dwight standing next to them so i don;t know how much more you need.

#5658 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They said it with Dwight standing next to them so i don;t know how much more you need.

I heard Midnight Madness said, but I don't remember it literally being said as MM Multiball. I'll have to rewatch the vod.

#5659 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I heard Midnight Madness said, but I don't remember it literally being said as MM Multiball. I'll have to rewatch the vod.

ha that may be true actually..but .are there other types of midnight masdess'?

#5660 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My best guess is that it happens post winning a free game and then attempting to put in more credits?

It happened to me just putting a dollar in after finishing a game. No free game. I was actually taken aback by it because I've never had a dbv not register. I put the next dollar in and it registered fine.

#5661 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

ha that may be true actually..but .are there other types of midnight masdess'?

Not yet that I'm aware of..but who knows?!

#5662 6 years ago

Has there been any news of when we might see premium/LE video?

#5663 6 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I sure hope it is an leveling/adjustment issue, because right now this is the most frustrating game I have ever played. As soon as you plunge the ball it is out of control side to side every single time. So you get a lot of outlane drains. Then the loop is a drain monster, It doesn't drain if I hit it softer but if you hit it hard with a rebound combo its SDTM and lightening fast. If it would hit a flipper then it would be great. I just feel so cheated, I hate getting punished for making the shot I was supposed to make.

I fixed my SDTM issue, I had to bend and adjust the right side of the inner loop. It had a fairly deep bend between the right end and the next screw back that was causing it to shoot SDTM. I removed everything took it loose and flattened it out a little and now the ball hits on the right flipper as it should. The game is definitely more fun to play now. Still a lot of side to side action, but at least now I can hit the Death Star shot without draining. Just wanted to update in case anyone else has the same problem. Now if I can just figure out all the modes and how to score well on this thing, the rules are deep!

#5664 6 years ago

I played for an hour on location, but I rarely had the chance to look up. Do the targets below the mini screen on the PF do anything but register tie fighters? I know it is also a skill shot and "keep the multiplier going".

Thanks!

#5665 6 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

I played for an hour on location, but I rarely had the chance to look up. Do the targets below the mini screen on the PF do anything but register tie fighters? I know it is also a skill shot and "keep the multiplier going".
Thanks!

Used in modes too. And increasing jackpots in multiball. Probably more but those are the ones I know.

#5666 6 years ago

Could someone comment on how the shaker motor is integrated?

#5667 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

On my first game last night I put in 8 tokens, but only 5 registered. It didn't happen after that.

Could be the most pinball-operator friendly code ever!

#5668 6 years ago

SW Pro on location ate a couple of my dollars without providing credits. Then it proceeded to eat a few quarters over the ten or so games I played using coins only. Glad I didn't drop the fiver in, like I originally planned.

#5669 6 years ago

anybody have any updates for us premium/le preorder people? i have no clue when to expect my premium....i would very much like to see a gameplay video. I hope there aren't any issues/hold ups with the hyper space loops and the death star.

#5670 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Could someone comment on how the shaker motor is integrated?

I put a pinball life shaker in mine. Feels good on maximum setting and its not overwhelming like cointakers 2 models. Integration wise its coded well, i got a subwoofer also hoooked up and between the two everything feels right.

Quoted from Boatshoe:

Thanks!

Theres a few modes where you blow up mines or shield generators i think and theres a multiball with full space scenes that are interactive on playfield lcd where you are Destroying Death Star, thats my favorite mode. There might be more ill keep an eye out and report back.

#5671 6 years ago

Does anyone have an idea how long an issue like the credit bug would take Stern to fix? I am waiting for Pro to arrive to put on a location as their first ever pin, but I would hate for them to be hounded for refunds right away.

#5672 6 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Does anyone have an idea how long an issue like the credit bug would take Stern to fix? I am waiting for Pro to arrive to put on a location as their first ever pin, but I would hate for them to be hounded for refunds right away.

I would think the more people that actually contact Stern about it the faster it will get fixed.

#5673 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I would think the more people that actually contact Stern about it the faster it will get fixed.

I would hope so! This is a pretty big bug for route, but should also be a simple fix I would think.

#5674 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Has there been any news of when we might see premium/LE video?

If so, don't you think there'd be 6-12 threads discussing it? I am sorry I wasn't counting this one, 7-13 threads.

Brad

#5675 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would hope so! This is a pretty big bug for route, but should also be a simple fix I would think.

For now maybe put it on .50 a play. I don't think there's issues with that setting. Or at least that I've seen on the one on location near me. No bill acceptor on this one either.

#5676 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

For what its worth, I emailed Stern yesterday with my concerns about this issue and they wrote back to me today saying: "Software guys are aware of this problem. We hope to have this fixed in the next software release."

#5677 6 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

We hope to have this fixed in the next software release."

Sooooo 3 months?

#5678 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Sooooo 3 months?

I have to believe they'll fix this particular issue quickly. They're going to sell a ton of these to operators. And from the operator's perspective the coin drop is kind of a big deal.

#5679 6 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

For what its worth, I emailed Stern yesterday with my concerns about this issue and they wrote back to me today saying: "Software guys are aware of this problem. We hope to have this fixed in the next software release."

glad they are aware and hope this really does get fixed quickly~

#5680 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

glad they are aware and hope this really does get fixed quickly~

Hilton have you tried maybe using the custom setting and setting it pulses? Maybe the bug isn't in the custom pricing option and this could be the work around until the next release.

#5681 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Hilton have you tried maybe using the custom setting and setting it pulses? Maybe the bug isn't in the custom pricing option and this could be the work around until the next release.

that is on the list of things to try. Unfortunately I think it is related to pulse time on the switch since it is a bug in both the DBV switch and the coin switch.

#5682 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that is on the list of things to try. Unfortunately I think it is related to pulse time on the switch since it is a bug in both the DBV switch and the coin switch.

That makes since. Report back your findings when you get time to mess with it.

#5683 6 years ago

So I had the opportunity to play this on location here in New York City. Here is my mini review of pros and cons:

Pros
-Really nice lighting, GI changes colors, and can see the playfield looking impressive as you go through the plant based modes (green for Endor, blue for Hoth etc).
-Plays like a GOT 2.0, fun to play, with lots of interesting shots despite criticism of it being empty. I think the Premium and LE will be very impressive with the hyperspace ramp, and interactive Death Star
-See the opportunity for many nuanced, complex rules.
-The color screen looks great.

Mid:
-The Tie fighter is actually a satisfying shot, I was initially put off by the bobble head fixture, but really didn't notice or mind.

Cons
-I didn't care for the LCD, I don't mind LCD's, but found the shot unsatifying since the ball doesn't go through or into a saucer (like with Dialed In, Alien, or Ghostbusters. The targets don't even drop.
-Not really a criticism, as I get to know the rules. But it is difficult to see what you have to hit to lock balls and start multiball. May be a challenge for beginners.
-Not many interactive toys.

#5684 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

But it is difficult to see what you have to hit to lock balls and start multiball.

I think it is like AC/DC in that there is no locking of balls.

#5685 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I think it is like AC/DC in that there is no locking of balls.

A physical ball lock isn't necessary, but I couldn't even see how to start any multiballs.

#5686 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

the shot unsatifying since the ball doesn't go through or into a saucer

All the rumors of a 3 target drop bank like SM and AFM never eventuated. That would have made that bank at least a fun shot with a purpose. Now you have the 3 fixed targets and the LCD screen, you literally can't even see the pops behind the screen. The pops on this are an after thought. I wonder if the drop bank was removed and the space used for pops instead - either cost cutting or fitting in with the Stern edict that a game must have 2 slings and a pop nest.

#5687 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

All the rumors of a 3 target drop bank like SM and AFM never eventuated. That would have made that bank at least a fun shot with a purpose. Now you have the 3 fixed targets and the LCD screen, you literally can't even see the pops behind the screen. The pops on this are an after thought. I wonder if the drop bank was removed and the space used for pops instead - either cost cutting or fitting in with the Stern edict that a game must have 2 slings and a pop nest.

Well, they cut the magnet in front of the target bank that was in early drawings, so who knows? Maybe it was drop targets, too?

#5688 6 years ago

A drop bank and a magnet in front wld have made the game super cool . Definitely possible since steve has used these on sm.

#5689 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

A physical ball lock isn't necessary, but I couldn't even see how to start any multiballs.

Ive started 7 multiballs so far. The 4 mini wizard modes are all multiballs, there the 4 big inserts that blink after completing there necessary modes. Collect 35 tie fighters for the first Tie fighter multiball. Collect hyperdrive hurry ups until a ball locks under deathstar to start hyperdrive multiball, hit the trapped ball to make it a 3 ball multiball. Start all 4 mini wizards for victory multiball to start.

Also hold the action button down during multiball if it lights orange, it adds balls. Im not sure yet what turns it on though.

#5690 6 years ago

LE only is comming with 3 bank droptargets under the lcd screen.

#5691 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Source? I see no advantage to this...

Rob

#5692 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

IMG_8578 (resized).JPGIMG_8578 (resized).JPG

#5693 6 years ago

I agree that the pop bumpers are a complete waste on the game. Ball rarely goes in and they are completely protected with a single safe exit. I never will understand the Steve R use of pop bumpers. They seem to be an after thought on all his games, create only ramdomization for top inlanes and no drain factor. Wish they had used the BOM on something else in this case.

#5694 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I agree that the pop bumpers are a complete waste on the game. Ball rarely goes in and they are completely protected with a single safe exit. I never will understand the Steve R use of pop bumpers. They seem to be an after thought on all his games, create only ramdomization for top inlanes and no drain factor. Wish they had used the BOM on something else in this case.

Hmm No fear does not have any Bumpers does it? Should have been the same with Star Wars, and used that space for a mech related to a droptraget bank and the LCD

#5695 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Hmm No fear does not have any Bumpers does it? Should have been the same with Star Wars, and used that space for a mech related to a droptraget bank and the LCD

100% agreed! Safe pop bumpers with 1 exit dont do it for me. Need atleast 2 exits.

For example on TWD I can at least like that the pops allow it to ocassionally go around the right orbit to assist with the tunnel shot. That is the minimum standard that should be set for using pop bumpers based on cost to BOM and space they take up.

I can think of so many other things to do with 3 mechs/coils that would have improved SW.

1 magnet, 1 three bank drop target, and 1 VUK. Heck trade in the 3 pops for 2 of those and we have a game with some interaction.

#5696 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Really? This would require the code to be different than the premium. Which means the updates would be different too...

#5697 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

LE only is coming with 3 bank droptargets under the lcd screen.

It would make no sense to make it LE only. If they are actually doing this drop target upgrade (which I doubt), they would definitely pass it onto the premium to sell as many as possible. No sense in just making 800 of these.

#5698 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Not listed in the feature matrix. And the released side-by-side playfield pics show identical targets under the little screen on the Pro and LE/Premium. So unless there's been a major change of plan in the last few weeks, this is incorrect.

#5699 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Not listed in the feature matrix. And the released side-by-side playfield pics show identical the targets under the little screen on the Pro and LE. So unless there's been a major change of plan on the last few weeks, this is incorrect.

incorrect or more likely... someone attempting to hype on a flip of a few LEs...

#5700 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

1 magnet, 1 three bank drop target, and 1 VUK. Heck trade in the 3 pops for 2 of those and we have a game with some interaction.

Didn't the original playfield drawings show a magnet and 3 bank? A magnet with motorised 3 bank exposing a tight shot like the AMP suit shot from Avatar, would have been awesome, especially for a trench run mode.

Hard to understand why Steve didn't design something other than pops in that area. And 2 pops and a sling doesn't count as different or exciting to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/114 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.