(Topic ID: 45040)

Stern Announces price increase with Next pin.

By Benepinballs

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 318 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by AkumaZeto
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FAIL.jpg
    bend.gif
    homer.jpg
    31979767.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMAG3400.jpg
    pavlov_dog.jpg
    supply_and_demand.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

I don't think you should assume the full $500 increase will be passed along to all the distributors.

Seems to me that if you are going to assume anything, that would be the safer assumption.

We all know that Avengers LE already cost several hundred more than X-Men LE. Looks like the trend will continue.

I have to say, I'm really glad to be at a point in this hobby and my collection where I have pretty much everything that I want, so I don't have to be worrying too much about coming price increases. I think I might be tempted to get Star Trek, but if that is going to be nearly $8k by the time it is released, it will be much easier for me to resist that temptation.

These continued price increases on NIB pins (including JJP) will continue to have an impact on pricing across the board, including used pins, as they will be seen as having the better value thus creating more demand and thereby hire prices.

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Best not to make any assumptions at all. Wait a day or two, then contact you favorite distributor. They're not afraid to talk numbers via email or phone.

Yep, fair enough.

Absolutely rig... wait a minute. Where exactly did you buy that X-Men LE? Pics or it didn't happen!

I'm confused regarding your point? I bought an XM LE (Magneto). Didn't like it, so I sold it. I got a price for Avengers LE (more out of curiosity than anything) from the same distributor as my XM LE, and it would have been several hundred dollars more than XM LE was.

#79 11 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Aren't people who preordered Metallica already locked in on a price?

What price?

Anyone who has "preordered" Metallica simply have a refundable deposit put down with some distributor. Distributors haven't known the price.

Hell, Metallica hasn't even been officially announced as far as I know.

So I don't see how anybody could be locked in on a price.

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

I remember people wanted to lynch Gomez after TF and swore to never buy another one of his games...then his next title AV sells out of the Hulks LE's.

Haven't really kept up with Avengers, but are you sure that the Hulks are sold out from Distributors?

#166 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Love this gem:
    » YouTube video

#171 11 years ago

Ben was the first one to mention the "500 smackers".

#188 11 years ago
    Quoted from PDXGeek:

I understand the frustration of price increases on the new games, but I urge you guys to go walk the factory. Over 3000 parts assembled, by hand, and the large number of people that are employed by Stern to do all this work makes you realize the challenge of building a machine. No one is forced to buy new, and the used market is getting bigger everyday.

A pin could cost Stern 1 million dollars to build as far as I'm concerned. Or two dollars. That has no bearing at all on what I'm willing to pay.

#193 11 years ago
    Quoted from PDXGeek:

Of course not. Nor should it. I just happen to be someone that appreciates the amount of work and effort that goes into creating a complex product.

Dude, you are preaching to the choir. This is Pinside. We are pinheads. I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of us have a least a basic appreciation of how much work goes into building a pin.

You make it sound as though you are an exception by somehow actually appreciating that fact. I'd say that's far from true.

#200 11 years ago
    Quoted from Benepinballs:

Jesus, why is everyone still saying its $500. No number was given, just that one was coming

Blame Ben.

Most people do anyway.

#208 11 years ago
    Quoted from PDXGeek:

I wish the posts reflected this. Sadly, they do not.

Well, you might have a point there.

#234 11 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

At least JJP seems to be putting together a quality product.

When?

#257 11 years ago
    Quoted from pindome:

Jack has called early buyers to inform them that their games are shipping, they could be on trucks right now. Does that answer the "when"?

No.

#309 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

lol - I can't wait to see what your collection looks like in a year haha. Does your wife roll her eyes like mine when you tell her this too?

Why yes. Yes she does!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-price-increase-with-next-pin?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.