(Topic ID: 45040)

Stern Announces price increase with Next pin.

By Benepinballs

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 318 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by AkumaZeto
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FAIL.jpg
    bend.gif
    homer.jpg
    31979767.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMAG3400.jpg
    pavlov_dog.jpg
    supply_and_demand.JPG
    There are 318 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 11 years ago

Not sure how much, should be interesting I have plenty of NIB pros in stock still
    xmen
    transformers
    ACDC
    Avengers

And Both Avengers LE models
    Tron LE for trade only
    Back in Black for Trade only

#2 11 years ago

As if it wasn't high already...

#3 11 years ago

Do you have a link to the announcement? This is disappointing . . . they seem to raise the price every machine.

#4 11 years ago

Business as usual.

#5 11 years ago

It was in an email sent out to distros.

#6 11 years ago

Its going up 500 smackers!

"Pin" failure and R&D on boardset. Told you guys we would take the hit 5 months ago when all that "pin" shit was being talked about. Lots of nay sayers saying i was crazy ok well here we go. The "PIN" is now affecting collector market. No mater what they spin it as thats what its from.

#7 11 years ago

Have to make some money before the pin market Crashes again A titles will come crashing anytime now. Ditch them now, they wont get any higher then they are right now.

#8 11 years ago

What on earth could be in this game to justify ANOTHER $500!?!?!

#9 11 years ago

Holy crap! Thats insane. Avengers was already overpriced. Did they not notice the sales slow down? I won't pay 7k for LEs anymore.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Its going up 500 smackers!

For pro's and LE's? What about future AC/DC Premium runs? Are they going up that amount too?

Thanks for the info by the way guys; us outsiders really appreciate the inside intel you guys provide. Really helps pinside a lot.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

The cost of manufacturing in Chicago,Illinois. Why arent pins made in Texas?

#12 11 years ago

We should get "The PIN" free with a nib purchase lol. Or take it out of Gomez's paycheck lol.

Dont let it fool you it is the PIN that caused the hike. They will likely spin it as something else but its pretty clear to anyone who has done LONG term business with them. Its how they roll.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Holy crap! Thats insane. Avengers was already overpriced. Did they not notice the sales slow down? I won't pay 7k for LEs anymore.

No shit.

I don't think I like pinball anymore. LOL

#14 11 years ago

That's going to be pretty steep increase for some. I don't even think the next two pins M and ST will be on the new platform yet either. I know Steve is pushing to have it with ST. Wonder if another increase will happen with the switch or the increase is early so prices don't increase when that time comes?!

#15 11 years ago

Obamacare tax?

-Rev

#16 11 years ago

... maybe I won't buy a Metallica LE ......

#17 11 years ago

should have operated the pin like Fender does with Squier and MIM Fenders, offshore the pin production to somewhere like china or mexico and sell it under a different imprint. People will still buy it as it's still quality parts just put together by non americans (let's face it I'm sure made in america sterns these days are rarely touched by a worker actually born in america anyway).

If you look at it optimistically could they be including newer features like jersey jack is?

#18 11 years ago

Smaller pin manufacturers' time to shine.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Dont let it fool you it is the PIN that caused the hike. They will likely spin it as something else but its pretty clear to anyone who has done LONG term business with them. Its how they roll.

Do you say this because, in your view, the pin was a financial failure and they are trying to recoup their lost capital investment or is it for another reason? Conversely, is it simply because they are trying to recoup their R&D for the pin from their higher end product? I guess a final option is, they are now at maximum production capacity and figure they can just do a price increase as they sell out of everything they make?

Your input is appreciated.

#20 11 years ago

Hulk which I like, happens to have the poorest quality plastics of any pin that I have owned. Now they are raising prices again, and will no doubt find any way possible to produce a cheap quality game. The cars I buy also increase in price, but their quality increases as well.

#22 11 years ago

Yeah, but let me ask this: Does this news make anybody want to cancel their Star Trek or Metallica orders? Probably not. They will keep doing this until people stop buying.

#23 11 years ago

This is why I cancelled my AC/DC preorder. I'm sure I would have loved the game, but I'm not sure I care for this company at all......

#24 11 years ago

All our pins went up $500 each then.

#25 11 years ago

LOTR now $6000, TSPP $5250

...what a steal compared to NIB

#26 11 years ago

Geez. My "must buy" pin just became a "maybe". Absolutely ridiculous. They better have seriously upped the quality with Metallica to justify it. Unfortunately I highly doubt they will.

#27 11 years ago

You all forgot that JJP raised the price of their products $500 as well recently. So why can't Stern do the same?

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You mean another $500 added to the suggested retail price? Who cares? We don't pay that price. I don't think suggested prices have changed since Avatar LE, 3 years ago. The sky is not falling.

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Dont let it fool you it is the PIN that caused the hike.

Wait. Didn't you mention board R&D earlier? Has your thinking on that completely changed in the last 20 minutes? Please clarify.

#29 11 years ago

8.25 an hour for adults. That went into effect Jan 1, 2012. Its not a conspiracy by Stern its rising costs on everything. State taxes were increased because were broke and the news drama, energy,.....

#30 11 years ago

Ok.The market will adjust.
    10 500 $ by Christmas...

#31 11 years ago

Sterns prices make JJP look like a value buy for sure! This may keep JJP in business selling pins no longer considered a premium price for this premium product.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

You mean another $500 added to the suggested retail price? Who cares? We don't pay that price. I don't think suggested prices have changed since Avatar LE, 3 years ago. The sky is not falling.

Wrong. The "in the know" price goes up as well as the retail price. I would have had to pay $1300 more for Avengers LE than I paid for Avatar LE.

#33 11 years ago

I hate pinball politics. Makes my sphincter twitch like a bunnies ear lobe. A $500 increase in the US will equate to much much more over here in the UK. The HULK LE was sold over here for $10,000!!!!

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from jamespin:

Sterns prices make JJP look like a value buy for sure! This may keep JJP in business selling pins no longer considered a premium price for this premium product.

Irrelevant. If you don't wanna play WOZ, price/value is irrelevant. Next title won't be available for another year and a half or so.

#37 11 years ago

Ill just pay the couple extra bucks and enjoy my new pin.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from sb80:Deleted post

I guess you're out for Star Trek then, huh?

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

The "in the know" price goes up as well as the retail price.

The in the know price has gone up all along. That's kinda my point. Why worry about imaginary numbers?

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

The in the know price has gone up all along. That's kinda my point. Why worry about imaginary numbers?

I'm talking about real numbers. If the "in the know" price of Avengers was ~$6500, then the next game will be ~$7000.

#47 11 years ago

It's simple.

supply_and_demand.JPGsupply_and_demand.JPG

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm talking about real numbers. If the "in the know" price of Avengers was ~$6500, then the next game will be ~$7000.

I don't think you should assume the full $500 increase will be passed along to all the distributors.

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Yeah, but let me ask this: Does this news make anybody want to cancel their Star Trek or Metallica orders?

Yes. Metallica has gone from a "yes" to a "probably not" for me. I already thought it was ridiculous that I might pay the previously-insane price simply because I like the band, but tack another $500 on and you can forget about it.

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

I don't think you should assume the full $500 increase will be passed along to all the distributors.

Seems to me that if you are going to assume anything, that would be the safer assumption.

We all know that Avengers LE already cost several hundred more than X-Men LE. Looks like the trend will continue.

I have to say, I'm really glad to be at a point in this hobby and my collection where I have pretty much everything that I want, so I don't have to be worrying too much about coming price increases. I think I might be tempted to get Star Trek, but if that is going to be nearly $8k by the time it is released, it will be much easier for me to resist that temptation.

These continued price increases on NIB pins (including JJP) will continue to have an impact on pricing across the board, including used pins, as they will be seen as having the better value thus creating more demand and thereby hire prices.

There are 318 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-price-increase-with-next-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.