60F3460D-0778-4946-84F9-41EF8475924C (resized).jpeg
84B15E4B-A28D-4331-91F1-DE0933023406 (resized).jpeg
that-darn-cat.jpg
hiphop7 (resized).jpg
heyyyy (resized).PNG
6F673657-7B83-49D5-83A6-0518CAB6EFFF (resized).png
3C202C81-89DC-4929-B5AB-2BE3693ECA7D (resized).jpeg
24FB6CF3-E35B-48F1-B4CC-BCA276F79070 (resized).jpeg

There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That's a question for your distributor/retailer and how they are fulfilling your order. Stern hasn't said publically what their build schedule is.. and since the catwoman model is limited to 100 pieces.. its inferred standard BM styles will still be built somewhere in the schedule.

Is it limited to 100? I thought it was just the first 100 got the signed Newar card.

I didnt notice the awkward cat until someone pointed it out. That just looks bad.

When I heard rumors about a new version of Batman66 with better art I was excited to see what they would come up with. It's well known that the current Batman66 art was done very quickly (just a few weeks) in order to meet the expo reveal deadline. With Franchi's later games where he had more time (GOTG, Munsters, Beatles) he was able to put a lot more variety and detail into the full art package.

I was hoping this version would have given him a chance to revisit Batman and make a great art package even better.

#202 4 years ago

I am asking them

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Is it limited to 100? I thought it was just the first 100 got the signed Newar card.

ah yes.. I can see that now. Interesting... leaves it open for Stern to build whatever they desire. Especially since the differences are only in easily stocked art pieces... low risk of unused inventory/waste.

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

[quoted image]

OMG that's the friggin funniest thing I've seen on Pinside.

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That's a question for your distributor/retailer and how they are fulfilling your order. Stern hasn't said publically what their build schedule is.. and since the catwoman model is limited to 100 pieces.. its inferred standard BM styles will still be built somewhere in the schedule.

The Catwoman model isn’t limited to 100 units. But only the first 100 units will have the apron Topps card signed by Julie Newmar.

matbkk - get whichever Premium appeals to you based on the art (and if a signed card matters). There are no other differences. I personally don’t think Stern will sell many of the Catwoman editions (great idea, lazy execution) so they may be rarer down the road, but not more valuable than the regular Premiums.

#206 4 years ago

Only if its Alicia Silverstone .

#207 4 years ago

I want a Batman 89 Vault!
(Pleaze with completely code... or at least ANY code to speak of. )

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was hoping this version would have given him a chance to revisit Batman and make a great art package even better.

That would have been awesome. I might have considered a spare Catwoman version if that was the case. Alas, I will suffer with my LE (which I think has the best art of the 4 versions anyway). Might buy a side backbox panel of Catwoman for fun. Probably would have bought a translite if not for the stupid cat.

#209 4 years ago

Catwoman edition isn't a limited edition, although it may end up being limited since they probably won't get many to buy it.

Quoted from matbkk:

Hi, I am new to Pinball world and I ordered last month a Batman 66 shall I change my order to the limited edition of Catwomen as they are at the same price ?

#210 4 years ago

They may have to throw in a standard premium translite with these as an incentive to buy them.

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

They may have to throw in a standard premium translite with these as an incentive to buy them.

I would seriously ask for this. I don't mind the CW back box side art, but the translite is a no go with the cat statue just kinda levitating in her arm with her hand on her hip. I can't unsee that and my eye would be drawn to that, and only that, every time I looked at the CW translite. Ugh.

#212 4 years ago

Catwoman is the same price as standard BM66 Premium

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from matbkk:

Hi, I am new to Pinball world and I ordered last month a Batman 66 shall I change my order to the limited edition of Catwomen as they are at the same price ?

I would to get the signed card. Then purchase a regular premium translight for it. That way you get the catwoman back box and Julie Newmar card. Mine arrived last month and I was worried about the rumored new art package.

And I don't believe this is limited to 100 games, just 100 signed cards.

#214 4 years ago

How long til we see the Boy Wonder edition with Burt Ward signed cards?

#215 4 years ago

I actually like the cat statue on the translite because it looks goofy and cheesy. It kind of reminds me of old Cash Money/No Limit CD covers:

hiphop7 (resized).jpghiphop7 (resized).jpg

#216 4 years ago

The first 100 Catwomen editions will be worth more than regular premiums for sure.

Nice to have one of those signed cards as it actually hits the definition of collecting etc.

Just a shame about that darn cat that has looks like it has materialized out of thin air

#217 4 years ago

Don't give 'em any ideas.
that-darn-cat.jpgthat-darn-cat.jpg

#218 4 years ago

84B15E4B-A28D-4331-91F1-DE0933023406 (resized).jpeg84B15E4B-A28D-4331-91F1-DE0933023406 (resized).jpeg

#219 4 years ago
60F3460D-0778-4946-84F9-41EF8475924C (resized).jpeg60F3460D-0778-4946-84F9-41EF8475924C (resized).jpegA8A5C210-072B-4DF6-AF12-085D4BE88B32 (resized).pngA8A5C210-072B-4DF6-AF12-085D4BE88B32 (resized).png
#220 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It is not limited to 100 games. The FIRST 100 will have a signed card.

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think we have to clear this up at least another 10 times.

#222 4 years ago

I am waiting for Stern to announce the Munsters Limited Edition Black & White edition. Mirrored Black and White backglass, All the extras of the LE but this one is only 300 units to make it even more rare than the previous LE.

#223 4 years ago

Cash grab idea. Horrible idea. Not surprised, it's Stern.

#224 4 years ago

First run of Catwoman late May (if you want the card) Second run late June (with out the card)

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

and since the catwoman model is limited to 100 pieces

Only the first 100 come with a signed card....they didn't say the Catwoman variation would be limited at all. It's a Premium.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Quoted from jfh:

The Catwoman model isn’t limited to 100 units.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Catwoman edition isn't a limited edition,

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I don't believe this is limited to 100 games, just 100 signed cards.

Quoted from kermit24:

Quoted from Rarehero:

Only the first 100 come with a signed card....they didn't say the Catwoman variation would be limited at all. It's a Premium.

Hey guys, does anyone know if the Catwoman edition is limited to 100 games?

I heard that it was.

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Hey guys, does anyone know if the Catwoman edition is limited to 100 games?
I heard that it was.

LOL!

It may not matter. I’m not sure Stern will sell 100 games with that gold cat abomination on the translite ...

#228 4 years ago

From my distributor.
Just to clear things up.

As a promotion for the launch of the Catwoman edition, the first 100 Catwoman games will contain a highly collectible Julie Newmar autograph who played the original Catwoman from the 1960’s TV show. 

These 100 games will ship in May. 

The second production of Catwoman games is planned for late June and will not have an autographed card. 

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

LOL!
It may not matter. I’m not sure Stern will sell 100 games with that gold cat abomination on the translite ...

I saw the new version of Munsters on the Stern Facebook page but not the Catwoman edition. Maybe the pic they showed the insiders was just a work in progress?

#230 4 years ago

This whole thing is getting out of hand right meow

qOl1q89.gifqOl1q89.gif
#231 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I saw the new version of Munsters on the Stern Facebook page but not the Catwoman edition. Maybe the pic they showed the insiders was just a work in progress?

Don’t know, but some dealers are using the flyer with that version of the translite art in their advertising, so I’m guessing it’s legit (though the Premium and LE flyers were wrong from Day 1 and never corrected).

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

From my distributor.
Just to clear things up.
As a promotion for the launch of the Catwoman edition, the first 100 Catwoman games will contain a highly collectible Julie Newmar autograph who played the original Catwoman from the 1960’s TV show. 
The second production of Catwoman games is planned for late June and will not have an autographed card. 

As my order for Batman 66 (Premium) is pending I have asked my distributor for a switch. If they are at the same price and produced within the same month it should be easy... I'll keep you posted.
I might be the only one but I actually prefer the Catwomen; design it looks less childish from my point of view.

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from matbkk:

As my order for Batman 66 is pending I have asked my distributor for a switch. If they are at the same price and produced within the same month it should be easy... I'll keep you posted.
I might be the only one but I actually prefer the Catwomen; design it looks less childish from my point of view.

Good choice. Who doesn’t prefer Julie Newmar, as the best Catwoman of them all?

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Good choice. Who doesn’t prefer Julie Newmar, as the best Catwoman of them all?

I actually like the black woman! Cant remember her name though?

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Halle Berry.

Did anyone like that movie?
(I didn't watch it.)

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from matbkk:

I might be the only one but I actually prefer the Catwomen

I do too, Who wants Batman and Robins underpants and junk in their face

#237 4 years ago

Anne Hathaway for me.

#238 4 years ago

Eartha Kitt. Don’t forget Lee Merriwether from the 1966 movie. Three catwomen all told - just like the series had three Mr. Freezes.

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I do too, Who wants Batman and Robins underpants and junk in their face

#240 4 years ago

cat woman - black edition

I’d prefer the three catwomans, batgirl and gold statue be shown on the translite engaged in felis catus. Who wouldn’t prefer seeing three healthy women devour a younger, battle a statue and each other to death and the chance to become Batman’s “girlfriend”? Oh well, that is just my sic and twisted idea that would have made Catwoman66 edition an insta-buy. Maybe I can commission a proper translite from an internet artist and call it a day. I hear Franchise is available

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

it seems like the majority of the LE buyers are content

Or clearly feel they’ve been taken advantage of and won’t admit it. LE’s are a joke now.

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Or clearly feel they’ve been taken advantage of and won’t admit it. LE’s are a joke now.

Not the Batman LEs. Unlike other Stern LEs, BM66LEs were truly limited with 120 in the US and 120 overseas. That is less than 1/2 of other LEs. And it came with the awesome topper. I don’t know any Batman LE owner that feels taken advantage of or is disappointed with the game, especially with what Lyman has done with the code.

Star Trek was considered the last true LE but there were 799 made so although there was a fair amount of value and it was beautiful, it wasn’t really limited.

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

You mean all Stern LE’s are a joke?

#244 4 years ago

To most people if you told them you spent $7500 Pre/Standard they would think that was a joke over $7500 :impressed:damb right it's a joke

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

To most people if you told them you spent $7500 Pre/Standard they would think that was a joke over $7500 :impressed:damb right it's a joke

It wasn't that long ago I wrote a check for a NIB AC/DC Premium for $5800 and people were like "Stern prices are INSANE!!!" lol

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

From my distributor.
Just to clear things up.

My distributor (which I do not trust) said that the 100 that contains the autograph are sold out...

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from matbkk:

My distributor (which I do not trust) said that the 100 that contains the autograph are sold out...

Funny thing is, they are sold out. They went almost first couple days. I know, I did lots of checking to find one. Got one sold right out from under me, so grabbed the other. Hotter than people realize. Distributor said, next batch won’t be until August sometime, without the signed card. But found one after all.

#248 4 years ago

The flyer photos had red t-molding, but the Cat Woman games on the line had purple. At least they made that change! 100 games is really nothing. Guess the factory just had a couple days to fill.

#249 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Funny thing is, they are sold out. They went almost first couple days. I know, I did lots of checking to find one. Got one sold right out from under me, while trying to make a decision. Hotter than people realize. Distributor said, next batch won’t be until August sometime, without the signed card.

Too bad !

#250 4 years ago

Actually ended up finding one. So whew! Julie Newmar is wife and my favorite. Best Catwoman IMO. Although others good too. She would have been the only one, if not for her conflicting movie contracts at the time. She had just finished “My Living Doll” series which you can see on Hulu.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-new-premium-catwoman-and-munsters-color-edition/page/5?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.