60F3460D-0778-4946-84F9-41EF8475924C (resized).jpeg
84B15E4B-A28D-4331-91F1-DE0933023406 (resized).jpeg
that-darn-cat.jpg
hiphop7 (resized).jpg
heyyyy (resized).PNG
6F673657-7B83-49D5-83A6-0518CAB6EFFF (resized).png
3C202C81-89DC-4929-B5AB-2BE3693ECA7D (resized).jpeg
24FB6CF3-E35B-48F1-B4CC-BCA276F79070 (resized).jpeg
There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

Agreed. The negative space in the arm gap they tried to fill would have looked so much better left alone. Stern needs to hire some new CDs and ADs.

I have no idea what happened or who made the call, and I'm not trying to make anyone personally feel bad. Just pointing out why it looks like the statue is floating since it was noted. Picky art guy to the rescue!

That said, I think some people are allergic to negative space. A lot of games now just fill every nook and cranny with something, like they're worried you're not getting your money's worth if there isn't art on every square inch. I'm not a fan, let it breathe some. Like, curling up the whip to fill the space makes sense, then it doesn't just trail off into nothing, but would anyone see the original pose and go "well, I was gonna buy this, but there's no gold cat from the episode this is from, I'm out"?

It's a hand on hip sexy pose, just let it rock the way it was originally drawn.

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The face and hair were redone (and look better imo) rest of the pose is the same, except for the statue. Hard to do an exact comparison since the pin photo is at an angle and matching the perspective perfectly would take more time than I care to spend on this, but you can see it clearly enough I'm sure.
It wouldn't be so bad to reuse an old painting if they hadn't put the cat statue in, but it's so clearly floating there that it wrecks the rest of it for me at least. Why even do that? Her pose was fine without it.
[quoted image]

Its like the original BM66 art... it's close and like it was redrawn.. but not an exact copy. I did a similar fade on the penguin on the original game.. and you can see they differ, but not in direction or style.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Oh.............come on dude ; ). There may be like, what, 5 examples of B/W making a "tier" game compared to these run-of-the-mill, strong as wet toilet paper games this community is buying. TAFG was a commemorative "holy fucking shit, we sold HOW many???" version.
I know, I know, Rare, you're just picking and having fun with me - but damn - that is like comparing apples to fucking moon rocks with today's manufacturers and B/W ; ).

Plus TZ came after TAF, in one version, and was stacked. Customers definitely got their monies worth with that one.

B/W didn't suddenly get a taste for this insipid FOMO system of tiered shit that seems to pervade everywhere now. Jaws Founders Preorder Bonus Early Access Edition, coming soon...

You can shear a sheep many times but you can only skin it once...

#154 4 years ago

If Stern really wanted to make a better version why updated art for the backglass. Why not put in a giant screen like they do in a JJP game?

Now that would be super cool, update the code add more clips, put side blade art on every game, but just add the bigger screen for LE!

Why is a JJP $9000 LE with that massive giant screen and Stern charges that and doesn't have the big screen? Now that would be something worth investing the extra cash into not because you added catwoman. Stern is the money grabbing machine that can't seem to really go all out to give us some kind of announcement that makes us get excited.

Larry

#155 4 years ago

No thanks. I’ll pass on both.

#156 4 years ago

Opens the gate for a Riddler, Penguin, and of course... A Joker edition too! Personally love the game... bring on the variations!

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

If Stern really wanted to make a better version why updated art for the backglass. Why not put in a giant screen like they do in a JJP game?
Now that would be super cool, update the code add more clips, put side blade art on every game, but just add the bigger screen for LE!
Why is a JJP $9000 LE with that massive giant screen and Stern charges that and doesn't have the big screen? Now that would be something worth investing the extra cash into not because you added catwoman. Stern is the money grabbing machine that can't seem to really go all out to give us some kind of announcement that makes us get excited.
Larry

How is it that Lyman’s code is super deep AND fun, whereas a lot of other games with deep code are just... deeply coded?
I’ll take a BM66 with smaller lcd screen over the other currently larger lcd options any day of the week.
Pinball is all about the whole package. The art, music, call outs... they’re just there to promote the game’s theme.
The code keeps you interested (or should).
It’s ALL important and needs to be done well for me to love a game.
But hey, I’ll even take dots over lcd if we’re talking Metallica vs Aerosmith, ACDC vs Munsters, or TWD over Deadpool.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

How is it that Lyman’s code is super deep AND fun, whereas a lot of other games with deep code are just... deeply coded?
I’ll take a BM66 with smaller lcd screen over the other currently larger lcd options any day of the week.
Pinball is all about the whole package. The art, music, call outs... they’re just there to promote the game’s theme.
But hey, I’ll even take dots over lcd if we’re talking Metallica vs Aerosmith, ACDC vs Munsters, or TWD over Deadpool.

Deadpool rocks!

#159 4 years ago

That looks nothing like Halle Berry.

Hard pass. Game over. It's overtime.

#160 4 years ago

I have no horse in this race. Wouldn't buy nib anyway.
I got to drain 3 quick balls on munsters at Allentown and was unwilling to wait in line any longer.
I thought the color cabinet on the pro looked better than the b/w. At first , I thought the color was the premium.

#161 4 years ago

Reading this AP?
Alternative back glass art to sell a few more pins.

Bring back the monkey business!!!

25925DD7-CDEB-4493-8AA6-73EBF4B60EB8 (resized).jpeg25925DD7-CDEB-4493-8AA6-73EBF4B60EB8 (resized).jpeg

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The face and hair were redone (and look better imo) rest of the pose is the same, except for the statue. Hard to do an exact comparison since the pin photo is at an angle and matching the perspective perfectly would take more time than I care to spend on this, but you can see it clearly enough I'm sure.
It wouldn't be so bad to reuse an old painting if they hadn't put the cat statue in, but it's so clearly floating there that it wrecks the rest of it for me at least. Why even do that? Her pose was fine without it.
[quoted image]

giphy (1).gifgiphy (1).gif
#163 4 years ago

I heard they put the cat under her arm so she didn’t look like an S&M worker.

Then I heard this is just a clever way to make BM66 owners call distros to order catwoman translites to keep in tubes for when they sell the game.

I also heard there will be a B&W Pro plus several more code updates.

I lied. I did not hear any of this.

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

I WANT to like the Catwoman translite, but what is up with the cat statue just sort of floating on her arm... that looks REALLY lazy to me...
[quoted image]

Well, they originally had it down by her legs, but the jokes just wrote themselves...

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

The art, music, call outs... they’re just there to promote the game’s theme.

I totally agree with this point. The changes to this BM66 are so minor why would anyone decide to buy this now? Did this limited edition go down in price?
I would buy a plywood cab no translate BM66 if they dropped the price a grand and do the art myself. Just give me the playfield design and great code and quit monkeying around with these different art packages. The layout and code should always be the first priority and then take it from there. It's great that they have overcome the clip art era but their heads are getting too big with this nonsense. They have strayed and hopefully peoples money will too.. Munsters prem/color is a sucker buy for all the people that wanted color with a LP (not cool stern). I'm hopeful that the sales of this model will make them realize that it doesn't matter what color they paint it, they need to better the code for people to buy it. I'm not trying to dig on stern. I have a B/W premium and it's one of, if not, the most beautiful pinball machines I own but it just needs more. It's a fun game with great shots and well on it's way and then it fizzles after the rinse/repeat. I've tried using different strategies of play and it just guides me back to the same route everytime. It's hard to say this but it's how I feel and I find myself defending it to others for it's simplicity when I know there could be more. I just don't think it is acceptable for this era compared to other games and falls short of what it could be. I don't want "deepcode" just a better overall experience. There are plenty of ways to keep the play "close to the start button" and still offer more to the experienced player. To me it seems like they were directly trying to impact MBr sales (again not cool) by trying to attach Munsters to the 90's nostalgia theme instead of focusing on making a great unique standalone machine.

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I can’t wait to hear what who-dey has to say about the color Premium, he realy liked the LE Munsters... But the wife may be in on a Catwoman BM66 Premium...

It doesn't bother me at all Bubblehead and it wouldn't bother me even if i would have bought an LE. The more choices that we have the better off we are i feel. I love my black and white premium and wouldn't have chose the color version over it even if i would have had the choice when i bought my game.

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It doesn't bother me at all Bubblehead and it wouldn't bother me even if i would have bought an LE. The more choices that we have the better off we are i feel. I love my black and white premium and wouldn't have chose the color version over it even if i would have had the choice when i bought my game.

The black and white Premium is a unique and beautiful machine. My wife and son love it.

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The black and white Premium is a unique and beautiful machine. My wife and son love it.

Sure is Thunderbird. I love mine also.

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

I WANT to like the Catwoman translite, but what is up with the cat statue just sort of floating on her arm... that looks REALLY lazy to me...
[quoted image]

That’s the only part of the entire art package that seems lazy to you? Maybe they’re going for the “it’s so bad it’s good” idea.

#170 4 years ago

rai I was simply calling out the most egregious of several disappointments. As many others have pointed out, all new cabinet art would have been expected.

#171 4 years ago

Catwoman edition needs way more catwoman.

#172 4 years ago

Would've been cool to see something like Catwoman prominently on the backglass with the dynamic duo in some sort of trap in the background in her lair.

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Would've been cool to see something like Catwoman prominently on the backglass with the dynamic duo in some sort of trap in the background in her lair.

No! The people want family portraits with everyone lazily overlapping each other that tells you little about their character!

#174 4 years ago

Basically every pinball enthusiast could come up with a fantastic cab with less than 10 seconds of thought. It’s based on something simple, if your primary goal is to maximize profit, then just do something cool that stands out. Think Black Arrow edition (JJP) or Hulk Avengers (Stern).

This wimpy-ass, 5-minute laziness edition is embarrasing and just wastefully spending good will that Stern’s brand gained through the hard work of other recent work. This Catwoman Signature release... it’s just better to not release it at all.

#175 4 years ago

So obvious would be a completely black pin with all trim black as well. Backglass also black with Catmoman predominant and batman and robin etc far in background. Cab black with the most obvious pose like below:

84D2377F-70AC-4E43-97EC-358EE132889D (resized).jpeg84D2377F-70AC-4E43-97EC-358EE132889D (resized).jpeg

Stern why not just put a bit more effort into this? - it’s just too obvious now how dumb you think our community is.

Maybe it’s a licensing issue but if that’s the case, the answer is to not release this embarrassment edition at all.

0418ACD9-818A-4BA7-B32C-5DAE7CAC262E (resized).jpeg0418ACD9-818A-4BA7-B32C-5DAE7CAC262E (resized).jpeg

... and on top of that, I agree with post above that even this current bg art is ridiculous looking with the cat statue obviously artificially inserted like this - just dumb looking I’m really sorry to say. Humans don’t carry heavy objects like this, seriously.
24FB6CF3-E35B-48F1-B4CC-BCA276F79070 (resized).jpeg24FB6CF3-E35B-48F1-B4CC-BCA276F79070 (resized).jpeg

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

... and on top of that, I agree with post above that even this rushed, phoned-in art is ridiculous looking with the cat statue obviously artificially inserted like this - just dumb looking I’m really sorry to say. Humans don’t carry heavy objects like this, seriously.

The cat statue is an obvious issue, but I still can't get outraged by it. If this had been the original backglass, and it was this or no game, my thoughts might be different. If you don't have a BM66 and still want one, pick whichever one you want. It's not like they're selling this at an additional cost as if it were something special (cough, cough...). This is just a niche "edition" for those who want more Newmar without paying extra for a few different stickers.

The Munsters change fails to get me riled either. I mean, c'mon. There were a lot of people calling this from the get-go. The LE list of upgrades didn't say, "only color version with a lower playfield to be made". If someone bought something they didn't really want, just because they had to have it NOW, that's the risk they took. It's called settling, and people do it all the time. If it wasn't what they wanted, they shouldn't have bought it. FOMO has a cost of its own.

#177 4 years ago

The Catwoman backglass doesn’t provoke outrage in me either.

What’s outrageous is how little effort and money it would take for them to do something really special here.

#178 4 years ago

Everyone is right, that cat statue looks ridiculous there.

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

The Catwoman backglass doesn’t provoke outrage in me either.
What’s outrageous is how little effort and money it would take for them to do something really special here.

I don't disagree one bit. A cabinet covered in a 30yo Julie Newmar would be a great thing! I'm just dealing with what they did and not what they didn't do.

#180 4 years ago

For Stern’s Hulk Avengers, look what they did with the Hulk. This is not another company but the same company just obviously phoning this Catwoman edition in. I’m just calling it like it is as it’s just getting too obvious here that Stern does not care here or thinks the community is a bunch of suckers.
6F673657-7B83-49D5-83A6-0518CAB6EFFF (resized).png6F673657-7B83-49D5-83A6-0518CAB6EFFF (resized).png3C202C81-89DC-4929-B5AB-2BE3693ECA7D (resized).jpeg3C202C81-89DC-4929-B5AB-2BE3693ECA7D (resized).jpeg

For heaven’s sake they couldn’t even change the color of the backbox trim from original red. That’s how little they care.

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

[quoted image]

I am betting the cat is there to hide something that was already in that space.

#182 4 years ago

I suppose it could be worse.
(Envisions an ACDC Luci cab, with Catwomans head photoshopped in.)

#183 4 years ago

I think Stern are just trolling now.

#184 4 years ago

Lots of pinball people: Stern, please do a Tron vault!!!

Stern: Here is a Catwoman BM66 that no one asked for ever.

#185 4 years ago

I'm usually pretty forgiving when it comes to art, even though I really appreciate great art on my pins.

That said, I don't see how anyone can be forgiving when it comes to that gold cat statue being so awkwardly placed in Catwoman's arm.

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I am betting the cat is there to hide something that was already in that space.

Franchi’s dignity?

#187 4 years ago
heyyyy (resized).PNGheyyyy (resized).PNG
#188 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

[quoted image]

I would totally buy a Jumped the Shark pin! Even with the cat!

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I would totally buy a Jumped the Shark pin! Even with the cat!

If they make a Jumped the Shark pin then happy days are here again!

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

So obvious would be a completely black pin with all trim black as well. Backglass also black with Catmoman predominant and batman and robin etc far in background. Cab black with the most obvious pose like below:
[quoted image]
Stern why not just put a bit more effort into this? - it’s just too obvious now how dumb you think our community is.
Maybe it’s a licensing issue but if that’s the case, the answer is to not release this embarrassment edition at all.
[quoted image]
... and on top of that, I agree with post above that even this current bg art is ridiculous looking with the cat statue obviously artificially inserted like this - just dumb looking I’m really sorry to say. Humans don’t carry heavy objects like this, seriously.
[quoted image]

Completely disagree with your opinion.

Think Stern releasing this is very good for us to have another choice/change. Your idea of Catwoman would cause my wife to stop the sale for our home, lol. Not family centric in that pose at all. Julie Newmar looks great on backbox sides and backglass. Nice to have a woman featured for sure.

Great job Stern: actually doing something to enhance an already great table. Would it be nice to have cabinet surround done with Catwoman on it, yes.

Gold cat being there is better than not being there, imo. It adds to the Catwoman theme and is totally subjective. Gold cats were always in her cat lair on the show. So good on Franchi artwork!

Bashing Stern and calling them lazy for another choice offering is unnecessary, imo.

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

[quoted image]

Because in the original episode the cat figurine was in Catwoman was stealing it. Get it? She is stealing the rare and priceless cat statue and being chased by Batman and Robin on the new translite.

#192 4 years ago

LoL... I had to look back at the catwoman translite. I honestly did not notice the ridiculous cat statue thing,I was looking at her with my mind in the gutter. Now that it has been pointed out... that cat statue thing is ridiculous.

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

In Munsters case ... game not that good, not selling, LE already being sold for 2500 less than bought new,

$2500.00 less? $6500.00 for an LE? Where? Not on Pinside. Cheapest you will find on Pinside is $8000.00.

So where?

You can support your statement with factual information, correct? Yes? No?

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

$2500.00 less? $6500.00 for an LE? Where? Not on Pinside. Cheapest you will find on Pinside is $8000.00.
So where?
You can support your statement with factual information, correct? Yes? No?

First it was 6500 now it is 6. 1k by Christmas!!!

#195 4 years ago

I think the Catwoman backglass is mirrored and if you look close enough, I think you can see "Hair-vag".

Just kidding of course. . But I couldn't help thinking of what they did to LOTR-LE.

#196 4 years ago

Does anyone prefer the Catwoman version over the regular Premium?

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I would love to, but no.

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No

#199 4 years ago

Hi, I am new to Pinball world and I ordered last month a Batman 66 (Premium) shall I change my order to the limited edition of Catwomen as they are at the same price ?

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from matbkk:

Hi, I am new to Pinball world and I ordered last month a Batman 66 shall I change my order to the limited edition of Catwomen as they are at the same price ?

That's a question for your distributor/retailer and how they are fulfilling your order. Stern hasn't said publically what their build schedule is.. and since the catwoman model is limited to 100 pieces.. its inferred standard BM styles will still be built somewhere in the schedule.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-new-premium-catwoman-and-munsters-color-edition/page/4?hl=matbkk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.