60F3460D-0778-4946-84F9-41EF8475924C (resized).jpeg
84B15E4B-A28D-4331-91F1-DE0933023406 (resized).jpeg
that-darn-cat.jpg
hiphop7 (resized).jpg
heyyyy (resized).PNG
6F673657-7B83-49D5-83A6-0518CAB6EFFF (resized).png
3C202C81-89DC-4929-B5AB-2BE3693ECA7D (resized).jpeg
24FB6CF3-E35B-48F1-B4CC-BCA276F79070 (resized).jpeg
There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

If the Catwoman edition is the same price as the regular premium
than thats fine. Munsters color premium is a swift kick to
the nuts
and yet people keep lining to hand stern checks

That's what happens when you're the only pinball company that can ship quickly and in volume. If you don't like something, Stern will have something new/slightly-different in a couple of months. Compare that to the months, if not years, of waiting to get a game let alone a new title from everyone else.

#52 4 years ago

I think any time any pinball company does this it's lame.

Nobody ever promised you that there would never be another version of that premium game you spent $7k+ on, but at the same time, you spent a ton of money. And now there's some new version that might make you feel shitty about the one you got.

Why do that to your fan base? If you prefer the B&W Munsters then cool, but if you didn't want to overpay for an LE and settled for that one and now this drops? Kind of a nut punch.

This isn't a bash on Stern (though they've done it before) JJP has been just as guilty.

Whatever, not the end of the world. But I just assume it's kind of a desperate cash grab, says to me "these games aren't selling well". Who knows, I have no insight, but that's what it feels like.

#53 4 years ago

Who cares what color they make stuff? If they suddenly start to charge half the price then there is an issue. Premiums are not limited. If you bought a LE cause it was color then clearly you should have waited. LE his still different and limited, color premium does not reduce the value of a LE.

This does not seem hard to grasp.

#54 4 years ago

Its positive that there are more pins being produced, however
they obviously should address the code on Munsters getting it on
par with the artwork and rest of the package. That would make this a long term winner.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Who cares what color they make stuff? If they suddenly start to
charge half the price then there is an issue. Premiums are not
limited. If you bought a LE cause it was color then clearly you
should have waited. LE his still different and limited, color
premium does not reduce the value of a LE.

It does make me wonder if they would try to do a black and white LE now. The LE does have a few expensive perks besides the plaque like the mirrored backglass, shaker motor, better playfield glass, etc...

The LE model as an actual limited thing died the moment Stern bumped the LE on Munsters from 500 to 600 after announcement.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Its positive that there are more pins being produced, however
they obviously should address the code on Munsters getting it on
par with the artwork and rest of the package.

More being produced, or Stern using up their leftover stock from a lack of sales

#57 4 years ago

Did Stern ever say no B&W Premium?

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

More being produced, or Stern using up their leftover stock from a lack of sales

That's a great statement and one that leaves us thinking, but then again they did do the cab artwork from the prem in color now so maybe it is production rather then liquidation.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nobody ever promised you that there would never be another
version of that premium game you spent $7k+ on, but at the same
time, you spent a ton of money. And now there's some new version
that might make you feel shitty about the one you got.

Premium / pro models are not limited editions and Stern can re-run them anytime.

This color version of Munsters premium is no different than the Luci version of ACDC premium. It is just the same game with different artwork. It just gives people more options.

#60 4 years ago

Nobody saw this coming

MunstersPremium (resized).jpgMunstersPremium (resized).jpg
#61 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

That's a great statement and one that leaves us thinking, but
then again they did do the cab artwork from the prem in color now
so maybe it is production rather then liquidation.

Does Stern make their own playfields or do they order them in? Do they print the artwork on their cabinets or contract that out? I'm genuinely asking.

I know they do all the assembly of the parts, but I don't know what state the parts arrive in. I thought they ordered playfields already cut and printed. I don't know their procurement process for the cabinet and how the art is applied.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Nobody saw this coming [quoted image]

So what do you see for coding? LOL

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Nobody saw this coming [quoted image]

You're an every day Nostradomus. A real "Pinball Wizard," if you will. A champion of pinball prophecy. And the keeper of Stern's playbook.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Does Stern make their own playfields

I don't believe so but not 100% certain.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Do they print the artwork on their cabinets or contract that out?

I have no clue what so ever on that one lol.

#65 4 years ago

Picture is worth a thousand words...

Mr_hankey_the_xmas_poo (resized).jpgMr_hankey_the_xmas_poo (resized).jpg

#66 4 years ago

Imagine if you were a Premium B&W buyer that wanted the lower PF and really wanted the color but couldn't spring the extra cash for the LE. I could see a revamped vault edition in a few years, but to do this in the same year?

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Who cares what color they make stuff? If they suddenly start to
charge half the price then there is an issue. Premiums are not
limited. If you bought a LE cause it was color then clearly you
should have waited. LE his still different and limited, color
premium does not reduce the value of a LE.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/goosebumps/images/0/01/Collapsing_thinking_emoji.gif

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#68 4 years ago

I don't think you want to know. LOL..

#69 4 years ago

Like it or not, Munsters Le was easily sold out on release. Hence the increase from 500 to 600. There’s no “leftover” LE parts going into this colour Premium.

No doubt this full colour release was in the mix from day 1.

#70 4 years ago

I was looking back at a tour of Stern's factory on facebook. It looks like they get blank cabinets painted black and apply the art at Stern. So it really could just be using up their stock.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Like it or not, Munsters Le was easily sold out on release.
Hence the increase from 500 to 600. There’s no “leftover” LE parts
going into this colour Premium.
No doubt this full colour release was in the mix from day 1.

Easily sold out or clever manipulation to make it look like there was high demand?

I'm not a huge conspiracy theorist, but I also don't take what Stern says at face value.

#72 4 years ago

Stern does some of their own playfields and some are farmed out. This is fairly recent in the past couple of years.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Premium / pro models are not limited editions and Stern can
re-run them anytime.

No shit. That changes exactly nothing about my point, I already said that.

Quoted from Tommy-dog:

This color version of Munsters premium is no different than the Luci version of ACDC premium. It is just the same game with different artwork. It just gives people more options.

Or the same as the Walking Dead fishtanks. Or JJP's Black Arrow, Ruby Red, or Yellow Brick Decontented Monkey Edition. It's been done, buyer beware really. If it makes people stop and think before buying games before they've even played them maybe it's a good thing.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

even if munsters came with automatic holographic mind control
let alone colour it still wouldn't improve sales!
Neil.

Speak for yourself.

If Munsters came with automatic holographic mind control, I would have to give it serious consideration.

#75 4 years ago

I can’t wait to hear what Who-Dey has to say about the color Premium, he realy liked the LE Munsters... But the wife may be in on a Catwoman BM66 Premium...

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Funny how the most profitable pinball company also seems like
the most desperate all the time.

You say this like it's a bad thing. The best way to stay the most profitable pinball company is to act the most desperate all the time.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Imagine if you were a Premium B&W buyer that wanted the
lower PF and really wanted the color but couldn't spring the extra
cash for the LE. I could see a revamped vault edition in a few
years, but to do this in the same year?

Same year, It hasn't even been 6 months... LOL

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

says to me "these games aren't selling well". Who knows, I have no insight, but that's what it feels like.

Possible it's BK that isn't selling well enough to keep the line running at full capacity. That's a shame if so, wouldn't bode well for future non-movie/music/TV pins at Stern.

#79 4 years ago

Last I looked, my LE looks totally different. I'm not pissed..( I think some people "want" us to be upset)
Now if I bought the classic because of the "color" I may have wished I waited, knowing you can get it with the lower pf now.

#80 4 years ago

They could have done so much more with the Catwoman version. Without knowing any better, just by looking at it, does not say this is a Catwoman edition (too me). Using the same measure, I could easily say that the colored premium is the Herman version.

#81 4 years ago

that autographed julie newmar card makes it worth buying the game again.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Same year, It hasn't even been 6 months... LOL

Hell. I think the BW Prems only started to arrive around six weeks ago.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I can’t wait to hear what who-dey has to say about the color Premium, he realy liked the LE Munsters... But the wife may be in on a Catwoman BM66 Premium...

Give him time he’s out mowing the lawn.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Lol. I don’t understand who came up with that idea. Slap a new translite and decals on head of cabinet and a baseball card. Ok.

#85 4 years ago

Both fun edition options. Who could be upset by either of these? All industries offer refreshed options for anything popular. Both these games are popular.

Nice to see Julie Newmar featured Catwoman. She really was the main catwoman and would have been the only one, if it wasn’t for movie commitments at the time. Liked her “In my Living Doll” just before catwoman as well. She coined the phrase, “that does not compute” as she played the part of a robot. Fun show I remembered as a little child.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Or you can go to http://julienewmar.com/shop/ and get an autographed and personalized 8x10 of your choice for only $35 and stick it next to your machine.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Speak for yourself.
If Munsters came with automatic holographic mind control, I would have to give it serious consideration.

Wait...I thought all Sterns already had automatic holographic mind control?

#88 4 years ago

I own the LE in both and could care less what they do with other models. Good news is that the demand is significant
for them to produce the additional varieties.

#89 4 years ago

The day the "tiered system" began was one of the worst days for pinball. I love B/W - one game, one version - you either like it or you don't. None of this "pay $2000 more for $30 speakers" or whatever else half-baked shit is in this Pro/Prem+N/LE+N tier system.

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Wait...I thought all Sterns already had automatic holographic mind control?

No, not all of them. Just the LEs.

#91 4 years ago

Been there, done that!

(Lectronamo retheme at Allentown)

Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Well how about Wonder Woman pinball?

IMG_20190503_144345532 (resized).jpgIMG_20190503_144345532 (resized).jpg
#92 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

The day the "tiered system" began was one of the worst days for pinball. I love B/W - one game, one version - you either like it or you don't.

*cough cough Addams Gold cough cough*

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Possible it's BK that isn't selling well enough to keep the line running at full capacity. That's a shame if so, wouldn't bode well for future non-movie/music/TV pins at Stern.

It's pretty unlikely that anything without the "OMGLERB I LOVE THAT" nostalgic attachment factor will sell well at launch. It's a multi-year gamble. Original theme games must legitimately be great - they can't rely on theme - and then, they must be out in the world for a bit for people to discover and fall in love with them...people like to say "but the B/W original games were popular!" ....yes, but years later after being experienced by the masses and gaining a reputation.

#94 4 years ago

Looks like kaneda was right on both of these. Ok getting some nice wins back in the right column.

Both are a complete waste.

Gb code Stern. Gb code!

#95 4 years ago

Color LE this soon is a slap in the face.
Should have been announced at launch.
But, it was always a possibility, I just think this is too soon.
I bought the LE simply because I didn’t care for the B/W look. So yeah, you got me Stern. I won’t forget.
They simply used the FOMO to sell out LE’s, I saw it, realized the chance of this happening, but didn’t see this release coming this soon.
Feel the “Stern Burn” lol

#96 4 years ago

Catwoman is Hot !

#97 4 years ago

If you like Munsters, just wait on it. HUO Premiums will be $5800-6K or so. Even the "best" Stern Premiums seem to land there, so this may even be a liberal estimate. LE's will be no more than $6800-7K. I personally love the game, but the market has spoken on this one.

#98 4 years ago

They better not screw me over on a Jaws LE with multiple preemies.

#99 4 years ago

Stern double dipping!

BC5E23E1-DB3C-4D22-9A51-311223D883FE.gifBC5E23E1-DB3C-4D22-9A51-311223D883FE.gif

Moral of the story: if you want something Limited, just get a Stern LE already.

If you want something not limited, get a Stern Premium. Or JJP LE.

#100 4 years ago

Glad BM66 is still being produced and the Catwoman version is welcome. Some day I want to own a BM66 of some flavor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-new-premium-catwoman-and-munsters-color-edition/page/2?hl=blacksun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.