peter-criss-kiss.jpg
220px-Eric_Singer_2012.jpg
Tommy-Thayer.jpg
kiss_-_ace_frehley_a.jpg
AceFrehley.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 5.21.18 PM.png
KISS_JAWS.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#619 8 years ago

I don't think the balls go in Genes mouth, look to me like the enter from under the tongue and into the back of the head ?

#639 8 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Sorry but your corrections, although the may be correct perspective make image the look worse. His hand would not be that much bigger even if his arm was sticking out in front of him. His arm is only 3-4 feet long, not 40 feet long. There shouldn't be that big of a difference in size...

I'm a noob on pinside, but I found out that everyone is a lawyer(check out the jpop/skitb threads) and with this thread, I have seen that everyone is an art critic, with some of them being leaders in both fields!

#673 8 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

The problem is that all the Kiss haters have to have something to complain about and since they know this is a great looking pin they have to try and nit pick it apart.
Just annoys the heck out of me.
Just be happy there is a good looking pin coming to the market, doesn't mean you have to buy it.

I dont have but one pin, but my buddy has quite a few and most of the "classics". For awhile it seems Stern was just photoshopping art and at the end of the day, that doesnt make or break a game, ala ACDC, but if they can use more original art, id rather have the flaws then photocropped scenes out of a movie. Same with the Voice call outs. Some people hate that the Metallica band members did the calls outs, I think it makes it authentic, even if its not perfect.. Anyway, Original art should be celebrated...

#674 8 years ago

DP

#682 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Agreed. Puzzling.
PS: Dont forget the sausage hands/claws.
hand.jpg
hand2.jpg
hand_tutorial_2_by_qinni-d4xv0nj.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I would totally buy your "Draw by the numbers" drawing 101 over some funky "non-aligned fingers if you look hard enough" art on a game featuring the comic book band KISS. Not really, cause I dont know about you, but my friends arent that discriminating I guess. Got better things to worry about I suppose.

#790 8 years ago

Was Syd the guiding light in Pink Floyd back then? I always figured it was Roger Waters and David Gilmour.

#820 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Uhhhhh, sorry but this thing is butt ugly. Looks like an explosion of vomit, fire and blood. If i had to compare it to a car it would be a PT CRUISER. Let the KISS mob attack! I'm ready.
4829x498e08cd.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-05-10 at 12.01.49 AM.png (Click image to enlarge)

Yea, cause they are exactly alike!

#941 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Paul's guitar strap does not reach his guitar.

#Strapgate. #Handsgate. The public needs answers!

#987 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yeah, but what was it? C'mon, someone must have read those posts ...

He said the had Jon Snows sword on the wall and a bunch of Star wars stuff all over.

So yea GoT and Star wars upcoming!!!

#989 8 years ago

Or not haha.

1 week later
#1151 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I am not sure if I am the only one who feels this way, but I am really starting to get bothered that this game completely leaves out Ace and Peter. At first Stern fooled me, I did not look very closely at the art, and the classic pop bumpers "appeared" to be the same. I actually thought they included them and proclaimed it to the world. Then, we heard the music which is the re-recordings and are inferior to the originals which made me take a closer look at the game. So I look closer at the art and it is Eric Singer on the drums and Tommy Thayer on guitar. Just feels like I am cheating Ace and Peter a bit. It's not a deal breaker - I am getting an LE, but I feel a little bit like a traitor. I grew up in the 70's; I mean, I wouldn't buy a Styx game without the singing of Dennis De Young or a Journey pinball without hearing Steve Perry or a Pink Floyd pinball without Roger Waters. I don't think I'd even buy a Van Halen pinball without David Lee Roth (this one is close because I like Sammy).
Anyone else feeling guilty here?

Why feel guilty? It was Ace and Criss who partied until they were completely out of it, their actions led to them being fired over and over again. I'm sure Gene and Paul would have rather kept them together as one unit this whole time and not have to deal with the drama, the BS and the lawyers.. Thats like feeling guilty about buying Metallica cause Dave Mustaine was shitcanned.. Buy the pin if you want it, dont if you dont, but its really pointless to bring emotions like this into your thought process. IMO.

#1154 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Or even that Cliff isn't on the playfield. He's not in the band anymore (RIP). So it goes.

I thought about bringing up Cliff as well, but thought I would keep it framed in band members who did it to themselves, but it is an excellent point. It is a shame there was no mention of Cliff at all.

#1161 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Metallica doesnt seem to be actively screwing cliff and jason out of song writing credits or royalties. I think they just bought the rights to the back catalog. No rerecordings.
Rocknroll induction ceremony had cliffys family there and jason as well. I have no way of knowing any business backend, but from what i have seen heard from the way metallica handles the business side it seems that they are probably making sure cliffs estate/family is being compensated.
In some kind of monster movie they indicated that with rob from that time one it would be 25/25/25/25 cut between the four of them.
Kiss is handling this in a very different manner.

Two different scenarios. Cliff was not fired, Jason was not fired. Ace and Criss were fired, rehired, fired... Metallica is doing the right thing, and so is kiss. Those two screwed themselves..

#1172 8 years ago
Quoted from Cobra99:

You need to do some more research. Ace left because he was tired of the Bull from Paul and Gene Selling merchandise to kids etc. Hired a lawyer thinking it was a friend, that screwed him on signing ACE's likeness away. When Peter left the band was already done. You have to remember Paul and Gene think they are Kiss and any other member is just an addition. Still pissed on the way Paul treated his fans at this years SEMA, and the last concert in Calgary he was sitting on the stage during songs total BS.

So is what your saying is they both voluntarily left the band. So we should feel sorry for them now? Anyway, this is off topic, but sometimes Ya just have to live with your decisions.

#1180 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I would think the biggest risk would be in trying to sell them publically rather than making a one-off for yourself. An afternoon with Photoshop, a good scanner and a printer who doesn't object would be all you'd need. Wouldn't shock me at all if KISS pays someone to search for stuff like that and C&D their asses.

From what I understand from the skit-b debacle is that if something is made for,personal use and not for sale, it doesn't violate IP rights. I could be wrong of course.

#1197 8 years ago

Oops

#1200 8 years ago

After seeing Zombieyetis. KISS artwork, it has kind of ruined me on this artwork. It should have been updated, but I still appreciate the hand drawn artwork none the less.

1 month later
#1251 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

This always bugged me in the past but then we have this stupid flag that was in the news recently, prompting widespread PR moves that mostly baffled me so... Not saying I get it, but I guess I see where the sentiment comes from and why. Sort of.

Because everyone wants to be a victim.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-kiss-kinda-based-on-the-1978-bally-machine?tu=roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.