Topic Stats

• 1,252 posts
  • 348 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by lllvjr
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 166 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_1.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0993.jpg
image.jpg
screen-capture-5.png
stern kiss mods.jpg
Yes family tree.jpg
Kiss Dynasty.jpg
peter-criss-kiss.jpg
220px-Eric_Singer_2012.jpg
Tommy-Thayer.jpg
kiss_-_ace_frehley_a.jpg
AceFrehley.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 5.21.18 PM.png
KISS_JAWS.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 4 years ago

Yeah! I may be in on this one.

#73 4 years ago

I'm on board! Need to sell one unfortunately, but this should be my next NIB.

#181 4 years ago

So many of the same tired comments we've been seeing for years... 'I hate KISS so the pinball machine sucks.' Free speech on the Internet, I guess.

I'm excited and I get why others aren't. But Christ, folks, don't judge the game or the theme until you play it.

My favorite comment so far was the Veruca Salt suggestion. I know that band, I like that band, but that made me laugh out loud.

#413 4 years ago

The art is absolutely phenomenal. The Gumby Stanley looks pretty weak, though. Thank God for aftermarket MacFarlane figures.

#569 4 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Do we know when the Pros start shipping?

Late June. I'm in.

#572 4 years ago

Late May or early June would be great, but not what I was told. It's usually about a month after announcement that games start to show up.

#603 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Is it just me or is this possibly one of the best received launches to date?
90% of the comments are praise/interest
MET & TWD didn't even get this much appreciation IIRC

This is one of the frustrating aspects of pinside. There is so much noise (usually negative) before a launch that a theme already has a certain perception. KISS has had a negative aura for over a year. It's funny reading comments now from before the game was even announced.

Stern isn't stupid. They listen, but moreso, they make business decisions designed for profitability. You can't do that and please everyone. Having said that, I think they really got this one right based on the art and layout. Gameplay to be determined.

But don't worry! With a few more pages we'll see the normal 'KISS sucks' and 'I don't want geriatric rockers on my game' comments.

#632 4 years ago

Or...
image.jpg

Except creepier

#659 4 years ago

It's ridiculous that the KISS members are all muscled-up. I can't believe the artist would exaggerate the human form in such an unprecedented manner...

Star_wars_old.jpg51LRmhNrO+L.jpg

#847 4 years ago

My favorite movie is Jaws. That film has so many continuity errors that it's almost laughable, but it doesn't mean it's not a damn great movie.

I'm a KISS buyer, and I'll embrace these flaws! Doesn't mean the game won't suck, but I'll love my poorly drawn KISS guys.

#888 4 years ago

Can we please get back on topic? We need to see more Katy Perry.

#905 4 years ago

Spent some time looking at KISS music videos. Not too many bands have had such perseverance.

They played arena rock when it was cool. Glam rock became cool, so they ditched the makeup and wore weird glam stuff. Darker, moodier stuff became cool so they went that direction. They lost their target audience, so back to the makeup.

The lead guitarist and drummer are like the Rusty and Audrey Griswold of the rock world. They keep changing. It's almost like the running gag in Spinal Tap where the drummer keeps dying.

Anyway, looking forward to my Pro.

#977 4 years ago

Man, I'm super stoked for this game. I can't wait to ignore all the code bitching.

#981 4 years ago

Agreed on the red trim. I'll probably go gloss black eventually.

#1033 4 years ago

In order to further separate ourselves from politics and religion, what kinds of mods are we expecting? I ordered Laseriffic's bass mod and I'm looking forward to the inevitable toppers. Also have my eyes peeled for the speaker acrylics. Custom painted Gene heads?

#1077 4 years ago

Works for me. Doesn't show a whole lot, still a whitewood. Still waiting on a legit video.

#1094 4 years ago

Paid in full for KISS. Now patiently waiting for delivery. Will update the masses with an in-depth review, good and bad. For reference, I own Met, ACDC, and Mustang. I'm a fan of fast, loud, flashy games.

#1106 4 years ago

Looks like video is inbound in a few more minutes. Rendering in HD.

#1108 4 years ago

I'm a Pro dude, primarily due to cost, but also because extra toys could malfunction at a higher rate. Additionally, the magnet trick is super cool, but how long until that gets old?

No disrespect to the folks committed to the LE or Premium -- looks like a phenomenal game. At the end of the day, I'm a cheapo.

#1112 4 years ago

Holy balls I'm excited!

#1113 4 years ago

Look at those ramps! Crazy!

I thought Gene was supposed to throw balls like Tron? Seems they come out of his mouth.

#1116 4 years ago

The layout seems legit, which is a huge plus. Code can make a decent layout fan-fuckin'-tastic.

Yeah, you're right, I was hoping for dots, Gene ball throwin' action, and a look at the Star mini playfield.

1 week later
#1195 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Starting to lean to the pro even over the premium.

Do it! My Pro is paid for and I keep checking the mailbox for delivery.

#1203 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The Pro is also going to be available for a while. So unless you just have to be the first on your block with one why not wait a bit, and see the reports on the launch code etc before taking the plunge?

Because KISS

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside