Topic Stats

• 1,252 posts
  • 348 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by lllvjr
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 166 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_1.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0993.jpg
image.jpg
screen-capture-5.png
stern kiss mods.jpg
Yes family tree.jpg
Kiss Dynasty.jpg
peter-criss-kiss.jpg
220px-Eric_Singer_2012.jpg
Tommy-Thayer.jpg
kiss_-_ace_frehley_a.jpg
AceFrehley.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 5.21.18 PM.png
KISS_JAWS.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 4 years ago

If Kevin was allowed to do the art, hope they gave him a bit of artistic freedome, although the pf sketch looks promising. Set list is expected, nothing really stands out as unique.

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Pretty great song lineup:
Deuce 10
Detroit Rock City 7
Shout it out Loud 7
Hotter than Hell 8
Calling Dr Love 10
Love Gun 10
Lick It Up 0
I Love it Loud 3
Black Diamond 10
Rock N Roll all Nite 8
So just swap out Lick it Up and I Love it Loud for two of:
I Stole Your Love
Christine Sixteen
Shock Me
God of Thunder
and that will be one hell of a line up!

Lick it Up 0?
I Love it Loud a 3?

C'mon Vid!

Christine Sixteen won't be anywhere near it. I can't believe they left off I was Made for Loving You - that is staple to their show up to today and is a huge hit worldwide. Would have been nice if Strutter, Got to Choose, or something past 1983.

No ballads either.

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

Totally missed God of Thunder. Isn't that the song Gene does his whole blood spew to, hmm? Maybe wiz mode or encore. These two songs are as much KISS as RNR all night and shout it out loud..

GOT would have been perfect during the Gene multi-ball mode. Think of it, lights flashing, GOT thumping....so much potential.

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Crazy Nights is my favorite no makeup song and album..

CN would have been better if they had a different producer. The production is to glossy and Paul's original demo of the title track was much better, but it is what it is. Out of the non make up albums Revenge and Asylum are the clear standouts. Both have heavy guitars and the drums are heavy in the mix. I have a soft spot for Hot in the Shade, but there really isn't any "hits" off of it except Hide Your Heart. But there are a lot of hidden gems on the album.

#341 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That song is a cover from the band Hello.
There would be much more adventure and costs in licensing that song.
(super trivia question, what other song did did the writer of Back in the NY Groove write for KISS?)

Russ Ballard and he wrote Into the Night for Ace. Actually, both songs were on Ace's solo albums.

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Those little dudes are rockin out!!
I'm about 3ft taller in my KISS getup though .. Check out the Vinnie Vincent makeup.
rd
image.jpg

You played Vinnie? That is all sorts of kick ass!!! Even looks like you have a Jackson in your hands, or a Calvin, I can't tell.

#729 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Awww....what about Charisma??
ยป YouTube video

Dynasty rocks.

I was Made for Loving You
Sure Know Something
Charisma
Magic Touch

great album.

#731 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

The whole album is a master piece!
One underrated album that I love is KILLERS.... The 4 new songs are absolutely awesome!

You hit the nail on the head. I love Killers - besides the great "hits" selection, I'm a Legend Tonight is one of their best ever. Also enjoy Nowhere to Run - but it does sound like it could have been held over from the Elder sessions.

Casablanca forced the band to quickly get another product out after the sales of the Elder were taking. Those 4 songs on Killers to me, represent the transition from the "classic" era to the "modern". They were the transition. Think of it, Unmasked and Creatures are only 2 years apart which is hard to comprehend due to the music styles.

#732 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Actually, Dynasty POPS!

Side 4 of Alive2 is much more poppy, and 2,000 Man, Magic Touch, and Hard Times aren't exactly pop songs.

#739 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I disagree, sorry!

In the end it's all KISS. Only two albums I can't listen to are Peter's solo album and Monster.

#767 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Even Naked City? Although far from a classic, Unmasked was also far from The worst Kiss is/was capable of delivering.

Unmasked is tough to defend, but its the album I tried to "read" in the record racks when I was 10 so I have a soft spot for it.. Is That You, Shandi, Talk to Me, Easy as it Seems, She's So European, all great songs but not exactly rock and roll. Ace's Torpedo Girl is in a whole different universe on it's own. I never saw him do it live but I heard he did it a few years ago.

There is a demo of Gene's You're All That I Want on the box set from a couple of years ago. Sounds much better than the Unmasked version.

#768 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Monster? Really? I don't think it's that bad.
What's the one I can't listen to? Carnival of Souls. Just Awful.
Totally agree on Peter's album too. LOL. If you read Paul's book, he explains a lot about Peter and his ability to write/play music.

I just finished his book - now I've read them all except Peter's. He's the only member I have zero respect for.

COS isn't my favorite, but I can listen to it easier than I can Monster. I've tried Monster 6 times and nothing jumps out at me.

#770 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

The only solo albums I consider are Paul's and Ace's..... the others are plain crap!

Gene's is ok, but isn't rock. See You Tonight, Mr. Make Believe, and a few others are pretty good. But hands down, the best Kiss member's solo album is this one. Nothing even comes close. There has to be at almost 20 full minutes of guitar shredding on it.

#812 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I'd buy a Pearl Jam or Nirvana pin in a heartbeat. Or just a general "grunge" themed pin with all of the great 90's bands music (Sound Garden, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, etc.).

I can see Pearl Jam, but Nirvana? Two albums with a junkie singer/songwriting who killed himself?

Talk about depressing. No thanks.

#817 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Yep, wouldn't call it a rock record, but I still find parts of it enjoyable. I always hated Shandi and still do. I find Paul's voice harder to stomach than Gene's generally speaking though.

Yeah, Paul's work on Unmasked is a little sketchy, Gene and Ace steal that album. But his work on the prior album Dynasty was damn good.

This video is the best from the album, Gene is in prime form, and Ace and Peter look to be halfway sober. It's a pity that there isn't anything on the upcoming pin from 78-82, but I didn't expect it.

#908 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

A lot of bands like to use re-recordings so *they* get paid (as opposed to record labels from old crappy deals). So it's just as likely it's about that then it is trying screw old members. Might have made the negotiations easier too. (Pure guesswork, have zero inside knowledge on this)

I don't believe that Ace and Peter helped to write any of those songs....so there must be another reason why they would be used.

Some of the re-recorded versions are ok -Duece for example has much more space to it as do a a few others. The three that are not anywhere near the original recordings are Detroit Rock City, Love Gun, and Calling Dr. Love. The last one was a production milestone and the re-recorded version doesn't come anywhere close.

#927 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Writers royalties/ownership are separate from performance royalties and ownership. The 'lets re-record our songs' angle is typically to get around the latter... a particular recording/mix of a song would typically be tied up in ownership and royalties as part of a record deal and re-recording the song outside of that old record deal will allow them to distribute and market that copy under new terms.
Compensation for digital distribution is a common sticking point that the old deals may not be as favorable to bands.. so they re-record under a new deal with someone else to get better terms.
As for the old band mates angle.. that's hard to say because it would all be dependent on how the band's internal arrangements were. The performance ownership is typically the main purpose.

I would venture to say it's the later of your reasons.

#1073 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Seems like the face gets blocked quite a bit from the ramp.

Yeah, but it looks kinda cool from the level, like an amusement park with a roller coaster track going in front of Gene's head.

1 week later
#1174 4 years ago

Is there any chance for alternative translites? Since the era on the costumes on the game are 77/78 - I would love to have a high def image of the album art for Love Gun on the translite. It is probably their most iconic album cover art.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville, NC
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester, NY
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 21.00
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside