Topic Stats

• 1,252 posts
  • 348 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by lllvjr
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 166 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_1.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0993.jpg
image.jpg
screen-capture-5.png
stern kiss mods.jpg
Yes family tree.jpg
Kiss Dynasty.jpg
peter-criss-kiss.jpg
220px-Eric_Singer_2012.jpg
Tommy-Thayer.jpg
kiss_-_ace_frehley_a.jpg
AceFrehley.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 5.21.18 PM.png
KISS_JAWS.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kid_ego.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 4 years ago

I wasn't sure I'd be psyched.

But I'm officially psyched!

Loving the hand-drawn art! Can't wait to see the feature list and full art packages for the various models.

I warned my wife I might put off buying anything else in case KISS looked good. Obviously have to play to confirm the purchase...but it's looking good!

#108 4 years ago

Maybe they'll do like they did with Metallica and add more songs later if the pin goes over well.

#602 4 years ago

I'm not an artist. I don't pretend to know anything about drawing (free-hand or on a computer).

But I think it looks cool.

Granted I'm not looking at it trying to pick out little discrepancies in perspective, limb size, finger position, sizes of fillings in teeth, etc.

I just give it a quick look, see it's hand-drawn, cool looking art and say, "Hooray! No photoshopped images of current non-original band members!"

#647 4 years ago

I think it's easy for people to say they "hate" certain KISS songs just out of sheer overload on the number of times they've heard them through the years.

Case in point, I'm a huge ACDC fan, and even though I "like" Back in Black and You Shook Me All Night Long, I'm ok with never hearing them again (and I don't "hear" them in the way I once did when they are played).

So it's easy, I think, for some to use the word "hate" for songs that fit into this category for us on a personal basis.

#800 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

You know what makes the original Kiss pin ('79) desirable now IMO? It was a reflection of what was super popular at the time. A great time period piece. Nostalgia. Why does Stern keep focusing on bands of yester year?? Metallica, AC/DC, and now Kiss? There aren't bands just as popular that actually reflect current times? TV show themes, movie theme pins, and other genres form Stern seem to reflect current pop culture. Why not music pins?

In my opinion, you answered your own question: nostalgia.

The nostalgia of these bands they've chosen for their music pins is what sells them. If I end up buying a KISS, that's what will have sold me. I don't listen to their music anymore, but playing a pin with a great layout and music that takes me back to a time long ago when I'd bought my first album (KISS Alive II) makes for a great time, at least in my case.

#1035 4 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

I believe Gene Simmons is jewish, so I believe he's sensitive about this issue, which is probably why they've always made such a big deal out of it. Not saying he shouldn't be, just saying his family knows more about it than I do!

Yeah, having your Mom be a survivor of a Nazi concentration camp may make you a bit sensitive to the issue. Can't even begin to imagine.

Can't wait to see game play footage of the new KISS pin in action. Would never have thought I'd find myself tempted by a KISS pin, especially since I didn't want my small collection to veer anymore towards "band" pins. But who knows? Maybe this will be the pin I add this fall.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
$ 399.95
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 11.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kid_ego.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside