peter-criss-kiss.jpg
220px-Eric_Singer_2012.jpg
Tommy-Thayer.jpg
kiss_-_ace_frehley_a.jpg
AceFrehley.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 5.21.18 PM.png
KISS_JAWS.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider karl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#566 8 years ago

Hmm! I thought that the single drop target was for the pro, instead of the floating mechanism.

I guess we will find out in a few weeks

This bit is also off I believe: "The amplifier and action model are also LE-specific features"

In the matrix was there not an amplifier and a (non moving) action figure for the pro also?

I must admit that I am a bit confused.

#912 8 years ago

Must be the re-recordings. Makes perfect sense. I was wondering why I love it loud and Lick it up was in the line-up but looking at the re-recording link that vid1900 put up a few posts ago, the 10 they chose is ok if those 15 songs is what they had to choose from. I would rather have I was made for loving you than Lick it up, but no big deal.

I do get a sour taste if this is true. True, the old recordings is far from perfect (bad sound and not the best band in the world to play the songs) but they sound like 70' Kiss, young and hungry, the way I remember them. The re-recordings, though ok, sounds like what they are; an old band trying the best they can, using all the recording tricks they possible, in the process. I have not been a Kiss fan the last 33 years (43 now) so who am I to judge, ey?

Judging from the instruction cards, they have taken some of the rules from ac/dc, (changing songs, song awards, completing songs) some from Metallica, (kiss army wizard modes aka crank it up etc) + a few new ones. The layout looks to be really solid (I love the position of the scope. Perfect for back hands)so this could be a great game. We are lucky to have had Lyman do the ground-work with ac/dc and Metallica first, makes it a lot easier for the other programmers not having to re-invent the wheel again.(or screw it up )

I love the art style but I agree that it looks like a hurry-up/sloppy job. Not a deal breaker but it is a bit surprising, if Kevin O had a carte blanche on it.

#943 8 years ago

Damage done

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 29.95
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider karl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-kiss-kinda-based-on-the-1978-bally-machine?tu=karl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.