peter-criss-kiss.jpg
220px-Eric_Singer_2012.jpg
Tommy-Thayer.jpg
kiss_-_ace_frehley_a.jpg
AceFrehley.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 5.21.18 PM.png
KISS_JAWS.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captain_kirk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 8 years ago

Looks awesome! Stern has been on a roll with great Rock-based pins since AC/DC!

The flying pinball/Paul Stanley has me intigued as well!

Also, interesting that Stern is pre-announcing the Premium model again.

#75 8 years ago

Still has DMD. That was to be expected. I still say Ritchie's game will have the first "Stern" LCD in the backbox.

Ritchie has been severely out of rotation since Star Trek. Two Borg and two Trudeau games have come out since then. He's cooking up something big. Creating HD assets takes a lot longer than dots.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Plan on this. If your buying an LE thinking that's the only way your going to get a full featured playfield, you're going to be upset later on when the premium is announced. Use history as your guide.

They already announced a Premium for KISS.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

How about an unlicensed pin? Though I think I recall Gary saying he preferred doing licensed themes?

Game of Thrones is the rumor.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Which is also a licensed theme...

Yes. Didn't say it wasn't.

#127 8 years ago

There is no older AC/DC or Metallica pin. What's neat for me, who likes extremes, is that we have an vintage KISS game to compare this too. Rock and Roll in stereo vs. no music on the old Bally is the most painfully obvious, along with the new mechanical action, and the light show.

I would add the DMD, but by now, it seems like a by-product of the 70's anyway.

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from huo:

I thought Sterns were in mono still?

SPIKE is stereo.

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Same old RED LED DMD.
When will Stern learn.
A music pin screams LCD HD Video
Hello, ever heard of Music Videos like MTV use to be?
Nuf said.

Not ready yet. Debuts with Ritchie's game.

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

SPIKE system can do 2.1 stereo with sub. They can easily put an LCD in the LE like they did with WWE.

That would make another neat stop-gap until the DMD goes the way of the dodo.

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

The more I think about it, the more I'm happy Stern announced via IGN like they did. That's excellent coverage for gamers who are still working with Pinball Arcade as their only source of pinball. It also reminds people that they are still making new pinball machines.

Very smart.

#201 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Thanks be to Gorgar for the little blessings in life.

Me. Gorgar. Say. LCD. Ritchie.

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Me...Gorgar...Saying...LCD....Since....2009

Me. Gorgar. Say. SAM. No. Support. LCD. SPIKE. Does.

#299 8 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

What no love for Lick it Up.. Come on???
» YouTube video

Good song, amazingly bad video. Gene looks like he sleeps in a van.

Gotta love early 80's videos!

#357 8 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

kiss pinball (2).pngstern (2).jpgWhy does no one else see this???? Gary Stern will be under the face paint????? Is it just me?????

Gene retired from KISS years ago. Gary has secretly been the Demon for years.....

#363 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Kind of wondering how the "mist ball" will work on the backboard. Don't see the logic it. "Look at the cool ball going across the backboard"

It's part of a larger sequence involving a floating stage with a Paul Stanley toy.

#365 8 years ago

From the article:

"Paul Stanley has a unique feature as well, Dankberg explains. "At a KISS concert, [Paul Stanley] likes to fly out into the crowd and he plays on a little stage ... We re-created that with the ball, the ball will float the back panel on a magnet, land on the stage, then the toy Paul Stanley is going to rock out to Love Guns."

#372 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Does anyone have any guesses on what the small coil in the clear box does?

I think that's part of the Stanley toy

#381 8 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

KISS explanation::::
» YouTube video

Hilarious!

#476 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Agreed, but often Borg's don't. His rationale is that he's given a BOM budget to work with, and he'd rather spend that money on more expensive playfield features. If he's forced to take those out due to the cost of the shaker, the buyer can't put those features in. The buyer can put a shaker in themselves if they choose - so he'd rather the money go toward the playfield features.

Except that argument kinda falls apart when you consider the Star Trek LE came with a shaker motor. The Star Trek LE was the most blinged out pin Stern has ever done, so I don't see where Steve had to cut corners on it.

IMO, all LE's and Premiums should come with a shaker.

#481 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, I'm not there looking at their budget spreadsheets - but that's the reason Borg's games don't come with shakers. Perhaps Borg's extra mechs cost more than things like the laser pointer, color changing LEDs, metal ramps, plastic enterprise & VUK did on ST. Maybe Steve gets high budgets based on projected sales....or maybe Steve just says "F*CK YOU, PUT A SHAKER IN IT!".

Probably the latter!

#484 8 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

+1
At 7K-8K hell yes they should.

Hell, even the Pro's should! The Pro code contains shaker info as well. That's like getting a game with code for a scoop or drop target that doesn't exist. Oh, you want that drop target? Gonna cost you more.

And the Pro's are the model most likely to be on location. Don't you want people having that extra experience to justify paying for a game over and over?

1 week later
#956 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I make a Micro Display Mod for about 30 titles. I would love to make one for KISS in the future, but I've been told the new SPIKE system doesn't have the same 5v/12v plug by the coin door that other Sterns have had. I would need an easy way to tap a 5v source.
» YouTube video

480P video? Might want to get some HD vids out there.....help sell your product. That looks real blurry.

#957 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They have a lot more punch and way less mush:
Cut and paste:

A quick look at the comments under that video show that it's hated!

LOL!

#1030 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It is such a powerful symbol for the people of Europe, I can see the problem.
Think if here in the States there was a certain symbol for 9/11......and then think if a rock band in demonic clown makeup from Saudi Arabia made it their logo.
CILL.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Except the Germans elected the Nazi's....not some foreign group using a logo to inflame.

#1087 8 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Wow.. that's it? Didn't the original Stern video show it traveling quite a ways? Pro might be better now...

No, this one shows it traveling longer.

#1088 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hmm. I don't want to complain about getting early access videos. But that was kind of anti-climactic. Might have been better to save that particular trick for the final design. Probably looks cooler with the right plastic, timing, lighting, music, etc. Probably cooler in person too, the sense of "floating" is likely to be stronger.
But yeah, not really that compelling in that video.
Whatever though, it's just a parlor trick, it doesn't change the gameplay. So as long as it's fun to play magnet tricks are just icing on the cake, amazing or otherwise.

You're building up too much in your mind. I love these little engineering snippets.

#1126 8 years ago

Table wasn't on legs or pitched correctly. Next videos it will be, so the spinning disc and balls leaving Gene's mouth will be a lot faster.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 29.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captain_kirk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-kiss-kinda-based-on-the-1978-bally-machine?tu=captain_kirk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.