peter-criss-kiss.jpg
220px-Eric_Singer_2012.jpg
Tommy-Thayer.jpg
kiss_-_ace_frehley_a.jpg
AceFrehley.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 5.21.18 PM.png
KISS_JAWS.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bc_gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#373 8 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I just turned 42 in Feb and I can't tell you one Kiss song ever....somehow I've managed to avoid them my whole life. I'm happy to sit this one out and happy for those that have some kind of bond to a band of men in drag and finally get their "holy grail" pin. I'll wait for the next title

What the heck goes on in LA that Kiss costumes would be considered drag? Mebbe I don't have as firm a grip on the definition of that word as say, the person throwing it around?

Quoted from cleland:

Really?!? I just made a statement of who I am and what I know(or don't know) of KISS.

Yes, this does sound like a statement of "who you are". It does make you sound not particularly tolerant FWIW. Who knows, maybe you are genuinely REALLY excited that all those pinheads pining for a Liberace pin are apparently that much closer to getting their wish (not drag either, but certainly flamboyant)? Sarcasm does not always translate well on the internet.

#783 8 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I think by being patient and making sure the game is complete is the way to go.

Yes, who is doing the code for this one? I might have missed it, but I have not heard Lyman, Lyman, Lyman a billion times.

So, probably not Lyman? And you know what that means. Are you feeling lucky... punk?

#795 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Same here. I had such high hopes because Division Bell has over the years become one of my fav PF albums (no pun intended). I even kinda liked some of Gilmour's recent solo stuff but Endless River should never have been released.

That's too bad; I have only listened to a quarter or so of it, I was hoping it would at least be a legit attempt at an album. I have heard zero positive reviews of it to date, aside from "it would have been an epic pac-in disc for a Division Bell reissue.

#845 8 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

I think it's a real stretch that the perspective issues are intentional as a "throwback."

6000% agree. Nobody turns out crap art to "intentionally" pay homage the good ol' days of pinball art.

Not all of it is bad, and I like it better than photoshopped junk. But you spend 5 seconds looking at the translite and there are things you can't unsee

kiss-pinball-translite-980x739.jpgkiss-pinball-translite-980x739.jpg

But when this is my "complaint", that says a lot of what they got right on this pin. I honestly would consider buying one (used, years from now ), IF the play proves as killer as my imagination is hoping it will be.

#851 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But here, just as a single illustration of what I mean, tell me there's a reason why no one bothered to at least finish the guitar strap?
Dat strap

Ach! Ze goggles, they do nothing!

I wonder if the "we spent a few hours making it better" translite will be a new mod Stern will sell from the store. Really no excuse for this.

Having identical translite images across all three versions? Sure, makes sense to me. But at least don't slop out on them.

edit: I wonder what people will think this is an homage to? An artistic reflection of KISS' grab the money and run philosophy?

#853 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Let us all know when you find the dick in there so that way I'll never look at the backglass the same again.

Its good that its not a mirrored backglass, otherwise I would see a dick every time I fire the game up to play

#1069 8 years ago

OMG! Sausage fingers here too!

Full disclosure: I think it actually looks pretty damn good for a pinball toy. Did I wake up in 1993 or something?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bc_gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-kiss-kinda-based-on-the-1978-bally-machine?tu=bc_gambit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.