peter-criss-kiss.jpg
220px-Eric_Singer_2012.jpg
Tommy-Thayer.jpg
kiss_-_ace_frehley_a.jpg
AceFrehley.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 5.21.18 PM.png
KISS_JAWS.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahdelarge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#748 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Except most of those bands don't have the theatrics and comic-book/superhero-style that fits pinball. Pink Floyd would work, and so would Led Zeppelin, but you could say the same thing about Elvis and The Rolling Stones. Most of the recording artists ahead of KISS in world-wide sales don't have the same "attitude" that ACDC, Metallica, and KISS have. Elton John? ABBA? Garth Brooks? Madonna? Mariah Carey? Whitney Houston? Won't happen. KISS is known for its merchandising and its place in American pop culture of the 70's. Star Wars, Planet of the Apes, and KISS! It would be interesting to know how KISS merch compares in sales to Elvis merch.

Exactly. I posted some time ago before the KISS announcement that I was in an Australian K-Mart recently and the men's clothing section had an area of licensed t-shirts where 99% were all basically mega brands that could have their own pinball machine.

KISS
Back to the Future
The Beatles
Star Wars
The Ramones
Coca Cola
Sons of Anarchy
Led Zeppelin

I was in K-Mart the other day and they had a rack full of caps with mostly Marvel franchises and.... Game of Thrones.

Stern know what the mainstream want.

Cheers!
Adam.

#805 8 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Kiss !

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-55.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Glad you posted these pics. I saw them on Pinside previously and started searching ebay for those heads. Are they commercially available or some kind of special edition?

Cheers!
Adam.

#816 8 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

I bought them off of epay. Ed

Googled them. Awesome. They are pretty cool.

Thanks!

#826 8 years ago

I wanted a 1979 Bally KISS as my final grail pin (haha final grail pin), but couldn't justify the silly prices being asked for a non-DMD game. I am a big fan of the current Stern games and this new KISS gives me the best of both worlds. Throwback to the art of the original and a game I won't get bored of after a week. I purchased AC/DC Pro new in box back in 2012 and it was like a pinball awakening. I played the game every day and never got bored of it. It's now 2015 and I still love playing it. For me, a big part of it is being able to choose different songs. If I get sick of one particular song, I can change it up and it adds a whole new mood to the game. The same goes for Metallica.

I look forward to owing a KISS Pro when the pinball funds are ready again in the future.

Cheers!
Adam.

#936 8 years ago

Hey Jared,
I think the whole package is awesome. I'm more concerned if they're going to release a new batch of LE machines. Was there an official limit on LE models originally or is it subject to change?

Looking forward to gameplay video to knock this out of the park.

Cheers!
Adam.

2 weeks later
#1183 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Indeed. Don't do anything silly without talking to a lawyer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

Talking to a lawyer? That sounds costly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahdelarge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-kiss-kinda-based-on-the-1978-bally-machine?tu=ahdelarge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.