Topic Stats

• 1,252 posts
  • 348 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by lllvjr
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 166 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_1.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0993.jpg
image.jpg
screen-capture-5.png
stern kiss mods.jpg
Yes family tree.jpg
Kiss Dynasty.jpg
peter-criss-kiss.jpg
220px-Eric_Singer_2012.jpg
Tommy-Thayer.jpg
kiss_-_ace_frehley_a.jpg
AceFrehley.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 5.21.18 PM.png
KISS_JAWS.jpg
image.jpg

There are 1252 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 26.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

kiss pinball (2).pngstern (2).jpgWhy does no one else see this???? Gary Stern will be under the face paint????? Is it just me?????
kiss pinball (2).png
stern (2).jpg

I see it and agree. I am guessing this is another inside joke with the designers (i.e. bash Gary mode in LOTR)

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I see it and agree. I am guessing this is another inside joke with the designers (i.e. bash Gary mode in LOTR)

Wait what? Haha

#353 4 years ago

In attract mode, hit both flippers. then 6L R 9L R 6L R 9L R. You should hear the Balrog roar.

Then get bash Balrog from the mystery award on ball 3 or 3 vuk shots.

Enjoy bash Gary now!

If consolation Balrog is turned off, you won't see it.

If you start FOTR before you get it, you won't see it.

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

In attract mode, hit both flippers. then 6L R 9L R 6L R 9L R. You should hear the Balrog roar.

Ok. Now this had to have been made public from someone on the inside, right? I can't see someone just stumbling onto this. Or maybe they looked at the code and figured it out?

#355 4 years ago

I couldn't name more than 5 Kiss songs. But wow, this machine looks amazing. If I had more room, I'd be a day 1 buyer on it.

#356 4 years ago

I want to see the playfield artwork.
looks like it might even be better than metallica....

#357 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

kiss pinball (2).pngstern (2).jpgWhy does no one else see this???? Gary Stern will be under the face paint????? Is it just me?????

Gene retired from KISS years ago. Gary has secretly been the Demon for years.....

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I just don't believe you.
I have traveled the world and people from 8 to 80 all know KISS, English speaking or not.

To be fair it's heavily skewed toward the 80 side of that spectrum...

#359 4 years ago

I think the Gene head would have been more effective if the tounge with a magnetic tip would come out and snatch a ball and bring it into his mouth as a ball lock.

That would be a crowd drawing effect but what do I know?

#360 4 years ago

Kind of wondering how the "mist ball" will work on the backboard. Don't see the logic it. "Look at the cool ball going across the backboard"

#361 4 years ago

I WANT ONE DADDY.. I want it now................

#362 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Enjoy bash Gary now!
If consolation Balrog is turned off, you won't see it.
If you start FOTR before you get it, you won't see it.

Hahahaha oh my lord I just tried this on my virtual table. This is killing me.Bash Gary.jpg

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Kind of wondering how the "mist ball" will work on the backboard. Don't see the logic it. "Look at the cool ball going across the backboard"

It's part of a larger sequence involving a floating stage with a Paul Stanley toy.

#364 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

It's part of a larger sequence involving a floating stage with a Paul Stanley toy.

What?!!!!!

#365 4 years ago

From the article:

"Paul Stanley has a unique feature as well, Dankberg explains. "At a KISS concert, [Paul Stanley] likes to fly out into the crowd and he plays on a little stage ... We re-created that with the ball, the ball will float the back panel on a magnet, land on the stage, then the toy Paul Stanley is going to rock out to Love Guns."

#367 4 years ago

It's going to carry the ball to a mini-playfield.

#368 4 years ago

Does anyone have any guesses on what the small coil in the clear box does?

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It's going to carry the ball to a mini-playfield.

I think that sounds really cool.

#370 4 years ago

We just unboxed our Metallica about a month ago now... kiss premium is coming in

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It doesn't appear to be in any of the CAD drawings, which I find strange.

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think that's part of the Stanley toy

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I just turned 42 in Feb and I can't tell you one Kiss song ever....somehow I've managed to avoid them my whole life. I'm happy to sit this one out and happy for those that have some kind of bond to a band of men in drag and finally get their "holy grail" pin. I'll wait for the next title

What the heck goes on in LA that Kiss costumes would be considered drag? Mebbe I don't have as firm a grip on the definition of that word as say, the person throwing it around?

Quoted from cleland:

Really?!? I just made a statement of who I am and what I know(or don't know) of KISS.

Yes, this does sound like a statement of "who you are". It does make you sound not particularly tolerant FWIW. Who knows, maybe you are genuinely REALLY excited that all those pinheads pining for a Liberace pin are apparently that much closer to getting their wish (not drag either, but certainly flamboyant)? Sarcasm does not always translate well on the internet.

#374 4 years ago

I assume it will be running the new spike system? Does spike work with pin browser?

#375 4 years ago

looks like I am gunna have to get ANOTHER external subwoofer ..... (FYI - I added one to a combo between my METLE and BIBLE and good lordy does that make a difference

company over (no pinball players - just want-to-have-funners) and they thought that room I have those 2 in was more than a pinball experience! a hit to say the least... yep - add a external sub to any heavy-hard rockin or shootem up action pin and it nudges it close to over the top!

#376 4 years ago

very excited to see this one!

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

very excited to see this one!

If you do not buy it the game is screwed.

#378 4 years ago

they will have no problem selling these. game looks very neat

#379 4 years ago

KISS explanation:::: (from the movie "Role Models")

#380 4 years ago

OMG, I've never seen that clip before - hilarious!

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

KISS explanation::::
ยป YouTube video

Hilarious!

#382 4 years ago

^^^^^^^^
You guys haven't seen Role Models????

Netflix (or whatever "legal" means you have) that sh!t!

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I assume it will be running the new spike system? Does spike work with pin browser?

No.
Not yet anyway.

#384 4 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

The objection is they cant finish one game, why try three different versions.

That makes no sense at all.

#385 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

From the article:
"Paul Stanley has a unique feature as well, Dankberg explains. "At a KISS concert, [Paul Stanley] likes to fly out into the crowd and he plays on a little stage ... We re-created that with the ball, the ball will float the back panel on a magnet, land on the stage, then the toy Paul Stanley is going to rock out to Love Guns."

Of course this will be the LE/Pre feature right? I want to see the art package as well before I make the decision on machine model. I assume it will have to be a LE/Pre to get all the features.

I've heard June/July delivery for this title.

Looks like I have to get serious about unloading a few things to make room. I need a bigger house.

#386 4 years ago

Super Pumped! Sent my deposit this morning! YA!

#387 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

So how do people know what Stern is going to release. It seems that months before Stern announces a new game, the majority of people are already "guessing" what Stern is making.
In the latest Stern guessing thread, I thought the first comment about them making a KISS game was absurd. Why make a machine for them? But then more and more people seemed confident about it. Again, I thought they would be crazy to make one with a KISS theme. Because if they want to bring in a new younger crowed into pinball, KISS wouldn't be the way to do it.
Would have much liked to have seen a newer, current band like Foo Fighters, who are still making new music. And with all the references to airplanes in their songs, I'd also love to see some airplane toys in the game too.

Listen to the right people.

#388 4 years ago
KISSLEGAMEpage.png KISSPremiumGAMEpage.png KISSproGAMEpage.png
#389 4 years ago

Odd, they just changed some colors on the cab, le gets button protectors and powder coating...

#390 4 years ago

Lol, wife wants...

#392 4 years ago

Very strange to see the same translite in all of them. Looks good though.

#393 4 years ago

I'm guessing that's all placeholder stuff.

#394 4 years ago

I didn't see the pro getting less songs then the prem or le. So that's nice.

#395 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Of course this will be the LE/Pre feature right? I want to see the art package as well before I make the decision on machine model. I assume it will have to be a LE/Pre to get all the features.
I've heard June/July delivery for this title.
Looks like I have to get serious about unloading a few things to make room. I need a bigger house.

Yes the levitating ball and a more complex Gene experience only come on the Pro and LE models..

Here is the reference sheet..

http://sternpinball.com/upload/games/kiss/le/KISS%20feature%20matrix.pdf

#397 4 years ago

6 pinballs ? 6 ball multiballs ? Cool

#398 4 years ago

KISS feature matrix.pdfwell that didnt work but if you expand it, it does

#399 4 years ago

Wow.. not much effort in the different artwork. Kinda like the pro the best

#400 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

So how do people know what Stern is going to release. It seems that months before Stern announces a new game, the majority of people are already "guessing" what Stern is making.
In the latest Stern guessing thread, I thought the first comment about them making a KISS game was absurd. Why make a machine for them? But then more and more people seemed confident about it. Again, I thought they would be crazy to make one with a KISS theme. Because if they want to bring in a new younger crowed into pinball, KISS wouldn't be the way to do it.

We knew KISS was coming because we knew that Stern got the license. There was discussion about how Stern got the license instead of JPop.

This is similar to how we knew that Star Trek was coming before it was released, because we found evidence that Stern had obtained that license as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Davie, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
$ 399.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 1252 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 26.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside