peter-criss-kiss.jpg
220px-Eric_Singer_2012.jpg
Tommy-Thayer.jpg
kiss_-_ace_frehley_a.jpg
AceFrehley.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 5.21.18 PM.png
KISS_JAWS.jpg
image.jpg

There are 1,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 26.
#301 8 years ago

I like the song selection for the most part . However KISS pinball needs one of the best KISS songs that is not added KISS : Charisma . How did it get left out ?

#302 8 years ago
Quoted from Kronnix:

What's with the giant Gene Simmons head!? It takes up a HUGE chunk of the PF, and just looks ridiculous!

Smaug was already taken.

#303 8 years ago
Quoted from Kronnix:

Only KISS song I like is 'God Gave Rock N Roll' and I don't see it in the song line up

That song is a cover from the band Argent.

There would be much more adventure and costs in licensing that song.

#304 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

What no "Back in the N.Y. Groove"?

That song is a cover from the band Hello.

(super trivia question, what other song did did the writer of Back in the NY Groove write for KISS?)

#305 8 years ago

Original Back in NY Groove

#306 8 years ago

Original God gave rock n roll to you

#307 8 years ago

Kind of liking that retro part of this new KISS pin. A pin worthy of Super Brights. Hopefully there will be a marque that chases and flashes. Maybe there will be a choice of heads, other than Gene's.

#308 8 years ago

Does Stern sell directly to consumers? I've never purchased a NIB but this will be my first!

#309 8 years ago

Artwork ,retro look, I will take an LE !

#310 8 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I like the song selection for the most part . However KISS pinball needs one of the best KISS songs that is not added KISS : Charisma . How did it get left out ? » YouTube video

I actually love that song and album, but I can't blame them for leaving it out. Dynasty is not exactly a big fan fave. I do hope that they used live versions of some or all of the tracks they did choose, though, since they're much more lively than the album versions. Also, where the hell is Strutter? One of the biggest classics and a way more lively song than most of the ones they picked. Certainly better than Hotter Than Hell! I'm surprised they left off I Was Made For Loving You, too, even if it is "disco." It's a pretty bit hit and a live staple.

#311 8 years ago

Original King of the Nighttime World

#312 8 years ago

Original Then He Kissed Me

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Does Stern sell directly to consumers? I've never purchased a NIB but this will be my first!

No, you have to buy through a distributor. If you're close to the Stern plant, you can pick it up from Stern, but you have to order it through a distributor. Distributors' "shipped" prices are usually much lower than Stern's msrp. Shop around.

#316 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

No, you have to buy through a distributor. If you're close to the Stern plant, you can pick it up from Stern, but you have to order it through a distributor. Distributors' "shipped" prices are usually much lower than Stern's msrp. Shop around.

US distributors "under the table" prices are even better.

#317 8 years ago

I just turned 42 in Feb and I can't tell you one Kiss song ever....somehow I've managed to avoid them my whole life. I'm happy to sit this one out and happy for those that have some kind of bond to a band of men in drag and finally get their "holy grail" pin. I'll wait for the next title

#318 8 years ago

Regardless of theme the pin looks pretty interesting. Love the magnetic backboard bit. Hope it turns out to be an absolute blast to play! Congrats KISS ARMY

#319 8 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I just turned 42 in Feb and I can't tell you one Kiss song ever....somehow I've managed to avoid them my whole life. I'm happy to sit this one out and happy for those that have some kind of bond to a band of men in drag and finally get their "holy grail" pin. I'll wait for the next title

Have you ever turned on a radio?

#320 8 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Who cares?

Go hate somewhere else.

#321 8 years ago

Wait Vid, maybe he is onto something..... Rocky Horror Pinball. I will take one.

#322 8 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Yeah, and I have lived in a large city my whole life (LA).... I have XM Radio too....

#323 8 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

He only listens to Rush.

-
-
-
-
-
Rush Limbaugh

#324 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Who cares?
Go hate somewhere else.

Really?!? I just made a statement of who I am and what I know(or don't know) of KISS.
You have given me and many others amazing information on restoring games and playfields, and I admire for your help for me to restore games. I did not mean this to be that, I just don't know KISS.

#325 8 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I just turned 42 in Feb and I can't tell you one Kiss song ever....somehow I've managed to avoid them my whole life.

I'm sure you've heard Kiss songs and didn't realize it. It's impossible to have NOT heard "I Wanna Rock 'n Roll All Night, and Party Every Day!" at the very least. I'm sure you've heard Detroit Rock City and/or Shout It Out Loud.

#326 8 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Really?!? I just made a statement of who I am and what I know(or don't know) of KISS.
You have given me and many others amazing information on restoring games and playfields, and I admire for your help for me to restore games. I did not mean this to be that, I just don't know KISS.

I just don't believe you.

I have traveled the world and people from 8 to 80 all know KISS, English speaking or not.

#327 8 years ago

Everybody has heard of Kiss besides Helen Keller.

#328 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

(super trivia question, what other song did did the writer of Back in the NY Groove write for KISS?)

Super Trivia Answer ... Russ Ballard wrote New York Groove and God Gave Rock and Roll to you.

He also wrote two of the songs on Peter Criss' solo album after he left KISS.

More trivia .... Did I ever mention that I used to play guitar in the NZ KISS tribute band Rock Bottom?

PS the new KISS pin looks pretty sweet. Look forward to seeing the playfield when it's all painted. I wonder if they will use the same colours as the Bally KISS, that'd be cool.

rd.

#329 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I just don't believe you.
I have traveled the world and people from 8 to 80 all know KISS, English speaking or not.

Well.....maybe we should just meet face to face then.
I have traveled a lot myself, and you are "well known" in the pinball industry.
But....to be a human being is a whole different thing

#330 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Did I ever mention that I used to play guitar in the NZ KISS tribute band Rock Bottom?

BigDave.jpgBigDave.jpg

#331 8 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

But....to be a human being is a whole different thing

I've always prided myself in being subhuman.

scrot.jpegscrot.jpeg

#332 8 years ago

I have sent a link from Stern to the Facebook page of KISS directly when Stern anounced it on Facebook.
Check out what a response it already has !

https://www.facebook.com/KISS?fref=ts

#333 8 years ago

I wonder how many ppl will get that midget joke....

#334 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

BigDave.jpg

Those little dudes are rockin out!!

I'm about 3ft taller in my KISS getup though .. Check out the Vinnie Vincent makeup.

rd

image.jpgimage.jpg

#335 8 years ago
Quoted from melappels:

I have sent a link from Stern to the Facebook page of KISS directly when Stern anounced it on Facebook.
Check out what a response it already has !
https://www.facebook.com/KISS?fref=ts

That's like 2500 thumbs up in 7hrs. We are so small..

#336 8 years ago

Looks great, but I'm a Borg fan.

Some recurring items from TRON (left drop target bank), IJ4 (kicker playfield), XMen, ramps like Iron man/TWD..

What is the cage with the coil inside in the popbumper area: will this cage hold a kiss figure?
Spinner in the right loop!
One scoop only so no subway.
A spinning disc (with magnet ?) below the head
Physical multiple ball lock is inside the VUK behind the head (there seem to be screws there for opto's/switches)

#337 8 years ago

I'm in, but I guess that's obvious lol! God of Thunder LE for me please Gary

#338 8 years ago

Good luck to those that are going to purchase this! I hope it works out for you.
Tho I'm sitting this one out due to there lack of code updates to complete previous games.
Sick of waiting over a year for updates!

#339 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Someone brought up IJ4 earlier... pretty different shots on the two.
Screen Shot 2015-05-05 at 5.33.55 PM.png (Click image to enlarge)

Different? Are you looking at the same pics that everyone else is?

#340 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Looks great, but I'm a Borg fan.
Some recurring items from TRON (left drop target bank), IJ4 (kicker playfield), XMen, ramps like Iron man/TWD..
What is the cage with the coil inside in the popbumper area: will this cage hold a kiss figure?
Spinner in the right loop!
One scoop only so no subway.
A spinning disc (with magnet ?) below the head
Physical multiple ball lock is inside the VUK behind the head (there seem to be screws there for opto's/switches)

And the Rejigged map room from IJ4. Basically the whole left side pf is same as IJ4. Then there the positioning of the GS head where the arc is. Right ramp same spot. Both target banks same spot as IJ4

#341 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Russ Ballard and he wrote Into the Night for Ace. Actually, both songs were on Ace's solo albums.

#342 8 years ago

CAN SOMEONE START A NEW THREAD WITH SOME PICTURES and other info as it is provided?

I dont care to sift though Kiss band stuff but would like to see more specs, images, and gameplay when they become available.

#343 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Those little dudes are rockin out!!
I'm about 3ft taller in my KISS getup though .. Check out the Vinnie Vincent makeup.
rd
image.jpg

You played Vinnie? That is all sorts of kick ass!!! Even looks like you have a Jackson in your hands, or a Calvin, I can't tell.

#344 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

CAN SOMEONE START A NEW THREAD WITH SOME PICTURES and other info as it is provided?
I dont care to sift though Kiss band stuff but would like to see more specs, images, and gameplay when they become available.

Why don't you start it WaaaaWaaaaWaaaa's now?

#345 8 years ago

I hope its the original versions of the songs and not re-recorded hits

#346 8 years ago

And all this time I though God Gave Rock n Roll to You was a Bill & Ted song…

#347 8 years ago
Quoted from Kronnix:

I don't want to sound like a troll, but WTF!? I'm not a big ACDC or Metallica fan, but those games have amazing design and gameplay and I have enjoyed them on a regular basis. But THIS machine has me perplexed.
What's with the giant Gene Simmons head!? It takes up a HUGE chunk of the PF, and just looks ridiculous!

Theres an even bigger angus head on ACDC taking up the center of the PF, and that one looks like shit

#348 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

You played Vinnie? That is all sorts of kick ass!!! Even looks like you have a Jackson in your hands, or a Calvin, I can't tell.

Jackson Limited 88 ... Number 13. Still have it. Bought it new in 1989.

Took out all the active electronics, binned them and put in hotrodded Seymour Duncans.

Nice.

rd

#349 8 years ago

So how do people know what Stern is going to release. It seems that months before Stern announces a new game, the majority of people are already "guessing" what Stern is making.

In the latest Stern guessing thread, I thought the first comment about them making a KISS game was absurd. Why make a machine for them? But then more and more people seemed confident about it. Again, I thought they would be crazy to make one with a KISS theme. Because if they want to bring in a new younger crowed into pinball, KISS wouldn't be the way to do it.

Would have much liked to have seen a newer, current band like Foo Fighters, who are still making new music. And with all the references to airplanes in their songs, I'd also love to see some airplane toys in the game too.

#350 8 years ago

kiss pinball (2).pngkiss pinball (2).pngstern (2).jpgstern (2).jpgWhy does no one else see this???? Gary Stern will be under the face paint????? Is it just me?????

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
$ 49.99
There are 1,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-kiss-kinda-based-on-the-1978-bally-machine/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.