Topic Stats

• 1,252 posts
  • 348 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by lllvjr
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 166 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_1.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0993.jpg
image.jpg
screen-capture-5.png
stern kiss mods.jpg
Yes family tree.jpg
Kiss Dynasty.jpg
peter-criss-kiss.jpg
220px-Eric_Singer_2012.jpg
Tommy-Thayer.jpg
kiss_-_ace_frehley_a.jpg
AceFrehley.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 5.21.18 PM.png
KISS_JAWS.jpg
image.jpg

There are 1252 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 26.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Ugh. Why do they have to put Gene's big fat head on the damn PF?

It's better than the AC/DC face.

#252 4 years ago

Im OK with never buying a Lonnie Ropp game ever again. Just don't think they turn out well.

#253 4 years ago

I'm going to go on record and say that they should have bought the rights to JPOP's KISS prototype. That looks 1000% better than this one.

http://creditdotpinball.com/2014/04/21/news-kiss-alive-in-pinball-form/

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So I guess this means John Borg now likes Kiss?

It was Steve Ritchie who doesn't like KISS.

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

I'm going to go on record and say that they should have bought the rights to JPOP's KISS prototype. That looks 1000% better than this one.

Gotta agree there..but the Stern version look better once you see it finished in full color. .

#256 4 years ago

I don't want to sound like a troll, but WTF!? I'm not a big ACDC or Metallica fan, but those games have amazing design and gameplay and I have enjoyed them on a regular basis. But THIS machine has me perplexed.
What's with the giant Gene Simmons head!? It takes up a HUGE chunk of the PF, and just looks ridiculous!
Let me rethink this... Gene Simmons is a bit of an ego maniac so maybe it works. Maybe the whole thing is just SO over the top that it will be fun...? Maybe???

Not a big fan of the ball trap zone on the left either.
I DO like the artwork they showed though. I'll reserve judgement, but so far I'm not impressed. Sure did make me laugh when I saw the video of the balls shooting out of GS's mouth though!
Only KISS song I like is 'God Gave Rock N Roll' and I don't see it in the song line up... Maybe for wizard mode?
I'm not a fan, but I'm happy for those who are excited

#257 4 years ago

Another music band based pin? No thanks I'm glad I got the Mustang.

#258 4 years ago

Space Invader bumper caps.........Is it a coincidence those were used since Ace's new CD is called Space Invader.......Space Invader.jpg

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Im OK with never buying a Lonnie Ropp game ever again. Just don't think they turn out well.

I like it all, but generally am not a Lonnie fan. Rules are usually linear and stale on Lonnie's games, but I guess that happens when you code for 30 plus years. I'm hopeful the team coding is good and that code is payable when released.

#260 4 years ago

What no "Back in the N.Y. Groove"? It looks very unique and cool but we'll have to see how it shoots. I saw the magnet capturing the ball on the backboard...(probably an LE feature). The only design that was worrisome was that throw back Cul de sac area in the upper left, otherwise a very nice design again by Borg...could use another ramp on the left.

#261 4 years ago

The artwork on Jpops looked great but the layout looked like a stinker... No ramps nor any place to put ramps without blocking the LCD, peculiar pop layout, stupid spinny genie thing in the middle of the playfield, etc. I vastly prefer the new Stern layout.

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

It's better than the AC/DC face.

fair point.

The loathing of the AC/DC Pro "artwork" may have sold more Premiums than the desire of the lower playfield

#263 4 years ago

Not a kiss fan, but happy for those that are as the machine looks like it will be cool.

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

fair point.
The loathing of the AC/DC Pro "artwork" may have sold more Premiums than the desire of the lower playfield

From a looks standpoint I think KISS will blow any version of ACDC away! It's the rules that I would be concerned with. . Both games feature Geezer musicians that haven't had a relevant new song in 25+ years but only one game has Lyman

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Yeah, Lonnie Ropp game = no instant sale.

I'll see where the game stands a year from now, but it will never touch ac/dc for rules. It will never have that level of polish and finesse that Lyman brings.

#266 4 years ago

If you can't change the songs that a MAJOR negative IMO. Probably enough to keep me from buying it honestly. Have really enjoyed being able to change my songs on ACDC and Metallica

#267 4 years ago

Looks interesting. I hope it will loosen the log jam of not for sale pins stuck in people's collections for the last year.

#268 4 years ago

Ut oh...trouble...showed my Wife this thread and she immediately asked about my Avatar.. ...had " forgot" to mention that I had preordered AlienLE.....this could pose a real roadblock for the KISS machine....she didn't seem happy...

This is what I get for sharing my Pinside thoughts....

I don't monitor her QVC addiction....that should make everything equal, right?

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

What no love for Lick it Up.. Come on???
» YouTube video

I'm here to back you up. Add in "Heavens on Fire" and I think you have cherry picked the 2 good songs when the make-up came off.

chris

#270 4 years ago

I know it's hand drawn artwork, and I applaud that, but I can't help but think how cool the cover of Destroyer would have been as the centerpiece of the playfield.

#271 4 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

WHO WANTs My hobbit.

Is it less than 12k?

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Is it less than 12k?

$15500.

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Lonnie did do some of my favorite STERN pinball .To what extent of the software I am not sure.
Mustang is fun
STERN Star Trek
Avengers : one of my personal fav's
XM
Tron
Iron Man
Tommy :Game design and software
Data east Star Wars
So there is hope .

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I think they are catering to their core buying base, the over 40 crowd.

Yep, and there's nothing wrong with our money.

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from Kronnix:

Only KISS song I like is 'God Gave Rock N Roll'

Ugh... that song is an abortion. This explains a lot.

#276 4 years ago

I'm in for kiss! No preorder though. I'll play one first and if I like it I'll call Troy from topscore game room and order it. Ed

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Need to add Strutter and God of Thunder

Totally missed God of Thunder. Isn't that the song Gene does his whole blood spew to, hmm? Maybe wiz mode or encore. These two songs are as much KISS as RNR all night and shout it out loud..

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I'm here to back you up. Add in "Heavens on Fire" and I think you have cherry picked the 2 good songs when the make-up came off.
chris

Crazy Nights is my favorite no makeup song and album..

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

Totally missed God of Thunder. Isn't that the song Gene does his whole blood spew to, hmm? Maybe wiz mode or encore. These two songs are as much KISS as RNR all night and shout it out loud..

GOT would have been perfect during the Gene multi-ball mode. Think of it, lights flashing, GOT thumping....so much potential.

#280 4 years ago

CN would have been better if they had a different producer. The production is to glossy and Paul's original demo of the title track was much better, but it is what it is. Out of the non make up albums Revenge and Asylum are the clear standouts. Both have heavy guitars and the drums are heavy in the mix. I have a soft spot for Hot in the Shade, but there really isn't any "hits" off of it except Hide Your Heart. But there are a lot of hidden gems on the album.

#281 4 years ago

No one should ever give Jpop money for anything ever.

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I like it all, but generally am not a Lonnie fan. Rules are usually linear and stale on Lonnie's games, but I guess that happens when you code for 30 plus years.

Lyman's been coding for about that long also - people usually get better with more experience.

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Ugh... that song is an abortion. This explains a lot.

That abortion saved the world!

#284 4 years ago

Psycho Circus would be a good song, it's not classic 70's or 80's. Beth is my favorite Kiss song, but it's not an adrinalin pumper.
The layout looks great! Good call Stern.

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

So untrue
46 and I grew up loving the band

Same age and me too. The first concert I went to with my Dad. Houston Summit Dynasty tour 1978.

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

...and how is there not an "Unholy" mode!?

No kidding!

How did they leave out one of their best songs???

#287 4 years ago

Like the layout, if the play is great even better. Listened to Kiss for years with make up and without so I would say I'm in for sure. Plus first date with my fiancé was an Ace Frehley concert in 08 so it's all good. Waiting to see final artwork in color but I'm impressed.

#288 4 years ago

I think this is gonna be a great pin. Way better than WWE or TWD IMO. Hand drawn art, great selection of older Kiss songs and a flying ball trick for the Paul Stanly thing sounds pretty cool. I don't care what anybody says, KISS put a lot of bands on the map and their music is great. I'm looking forward to playing it!

#289 4 years ago

And for all those saying God gave rock and roll to you is a Kiss song, it's a cover. It's an Argent song, check the writing credits.

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What makes you think if they did do just one version of the game that it wouldn't be the LE model at the same price point?
Never understood the objection to more choices.
Pro, Premium and LE versions = more choices = good.

The objection is they cant finish one game, why try three different versions.

#291 4 years ago

Looking forward to play one on location.

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Love my Tron and Metallica, Borg sounds good to me.

This is the coolest part of the whole thing. Awesome move on Stern's part.

Here's where I get a little concerned, because my experience with Star Trek was frustrating. I definitely regret buying as early as I did. Doesn't mean that team can't deliver, they're all good guys, and all passionate about pinball.
But I'd want to know the plan for the code ahead of time. Star Trek was full of long waits, filled with just silence. And it wasn't much fun to know your game wasn't done, and really having no clue when/if it would get more work.
Just gonna say this: If you really love the theme and are just determined to buy this ASAP go for it. Knock yourself out. But please don't start threads complaining about how the code isn't done.
If Stern would just be up front about the plans so you could plan accordingly, even if it meant waiting, then it would be better I think.

^^^^^ THIS

#293 4 years ago

To me when it comes to music if songs mean something to you or rekindle something it's good enough reason to enjoy the tunes. Add to that a lot of Kiss songs are great in the car or at home cranked to "11". To everyone as that goes for ACDC, Metallica Led Zeppelin and any others u wish to include because YOU enjoy them. It's all good classic rock people.

#294 4 years ago

Hearing Duck Dynasty is next.

#295 4 years ago

My boss is def in for an le and that means ill finally have a pin at the office. Sweet.

#296 4 years ago

Man I forgot about that one as well. Another great one from that timeframe.

chris

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I always thought Stern did not have an Art Department. Must be outsourced?

You do realize the license controls the artwork and not stern right?

#298 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Lick it Up 0?
I Love it Loud a 3?

C'mon Vid!

Sorry man.

Gene with the hot pink shirt on is too much for me:

Quoted from Methos:

I can't believe they left off I was Made for Loving You - that is staple to their show up to today and is a huge hit worldwide.

Probably one of the worst songs ever written by any band.

I put it up there with Let's Get Physical.

Quoted from Methos:

Would have been nice if Strutter, Got to Choose, or something past 1983.

Yeah Strutter would have been great.

Domino would have been a great post 1983 song.

#299 4 years ago

What no love for Lick it Up.. Come on???
» YouTube video

Good song, amazingly bad video. Gene looks like he sleeps in a van.

Gotta love early 80's videos!

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

No ballads either.

No room for ballads in pinball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 1252 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 26.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside