peter-criss-kiss.jpg
220px-Eric_Singer_2012.jpg
Tommy-Thayer.jpg
kiss_-_ace_frehley_a.jpg
AceFrehley.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 5.21.18 PM.png
KISS_JAWS.jpg
image.jpg

There are 1,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 26.
#151 8 years ago

If they keep going back in time for music themes, we may get that Herman's Hermits/
Peter Noone pin yet.

#152 8 years ago

This is almost KISS related !

Ace - New York Groove !!!

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

hopefully...TWD Premium.

They need to finish code on TWD before I even consider KISS. Done with day 1 ordering......

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Sorry but this theme is a snoozer for me. Now give me a Veruca Salt pinball machine, that's a rock pin I could love. I like Borg designs, for the most part, and the layout looks interesting, but why go back to Kiss? $$ I'm sure. C'mon, when will we get a Silver Surfer pin?
Now, Hand-drawn art - awesome, ball along the back, novelty but cool (seems a bit WOZish, but ok - do we get to shoot at it like BSD? :^O)
If I want a glam band/show band, how about a GWAR pin?!?!

Veruca Salt? LMAO! Make that pin for you and what other 9 people?

(I'm a fan too, but c'mon..)

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Same old RED LED DMD.
When will Stern learn.
A music pin screams LCD HD Video
Hello, ever heard of Music Videos like MTV use to be?
Nuf said.

... except than then you'd have to watch high def video of fat, wrinkled, past-their-prime rockers on the LCD! With this band, you're much better off with the cartoon rendition on DMD.

#156 8 years ago

Have the same opinion as many others. Their music's ok to me but this table looks really cool. 3 thumbs up for the hand drawn art!

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

Well, Stern certainly knows their primary audience, I guess... men in their 40s and 50s. AC/DC, Metallica, Mustang, and now KISS (I know I skipped WWE). How about a VH pin with a balding DLR? lol
I'm not a fan, but I admit that I listened to KISS in the 70s and I have seen them in concert. The KISS playfield does look interesting and the floating ball does look cool... maybe it's worthy...

Why leave out WWE, their core demographic is guys in their 40s and 50s.

#158 8 years ago

I'm not into their music but it looks like a fun theme regardless. The big head with the tongue sticking out, handdrawn art, retro bumpers. This will be a table I think guests will be drawn to in people's homes.

#159 8 years ago

This game looks so frigging awesome, I am losing my mind!!!

#160 8 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

They need to finish code on TWD before I even consider KISS. Done with day 1 ordering......

Yes, it takes Stern 400 days to semi-complete it's code and it takes JJP 400 days to start shipping it's pins.

#161 8 years ago

Theme nailed!
As it looks totally crap, which suits the music to a tee.

#162 8 years ago

When can I pre-order Star Wars?

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Giving it up for hand drawn art.

I always thought Stern did not have an Art Department. Must be outsourced?

#164 8 years ago

This might just be my 1st NIB Stern purchase.

Looks cool.

#165 8 years ago

The more I think about it, the more I'm happy Stern announced via IGN like they did. That's excellent coverage for gamers who are still working with Pinball Arcade as their only source of pinball. It also reminds people that they are still making new pinball machines.

#166 8 years ago

We have a brand new game about to be released, way better than any VE......or vaporpin.

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

KISS, try over 60 (ducks)

So untrue
46 and I grew up loving the band

#168 8 years ago

The LE looks like it will be pretty cool. Unfortunately LE's are out of my budget range and I will probably never see one in the wild...
Wish Stern would just make one model of a game. Most LE's/Premiums probably have around $200-$300 in additional parts, but they cost $2000 more...

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Pro version will have 4 songs. LOL

Pro version will have Paul Stanley's head and tongue

#170 8 years ago

Any idea on Ace and Peter ? Many kiss fans won't touch it if the original guys are not represented..

#171 8 years ago

Art looks great!!! Also looks like they knocked off Jpops wall-ride toy. Hahahaha

#172 8 years ago

Yes looks cool so far. Only means when Iron Maiden gets made will we have an Eddie head?

#173 8 years ago

Not buying it. Can't wait to play it

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from SwampMan:

Any idea on Ace and Peter ? Many kiss fans won't touch it if the original guys are not represented..

Ace & Peter are on the playfield, look for the lineart whitewood in the video.

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

How about an unlicensed pin?

wnbjm .jpgwnbjm .jpg
#176 8 years ago

Pin Money saved again!!!! Themes been done Hate kiss nothin says cool like sequence jump suits and high heels wtf

#177 8 years ago

Looks cool. I think it's a great fit for bars and kiss fans. Should sell well and increase the pinball exposure.

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

Wish Stern would just make one model of a game. Most LE's/Premiums probably have around $200-$300 in additional parts, but they cost $2000 more...

if you counted after market parts to give a pro what the prem/le has, plus features you cant get in a pro. The value is there at least in the premiums. Sometimes in the LEs the extra grand is unjustifiable.

#179 8 years ago

Old man pappy ball sack rock music

Great

If looks cool tho for what it is.

#180 8 years ago

Thanks be to Gorgar for the little blessings in life.

#181 8 years ago

So many of the same tired comments we've been seeing for years... 'I hate KISS so the pinball machine sucks.' Free speech on the Internet, I guess.

I'm excited and I get why others aren't. But Christ, folks, don't judge the game or the theme until you play it.

My favorite comment so far was the Veruca Salt suggestion. I know that band, I like that band, but that made me laugh out loud.

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I always thought Stern did not have an Art Department. Must be outsourced?

LOL...what's Greg Freres....the janitor?

#183 8 years ago

Attention. I heard that Kiss has denied the giant Gene Simmons head toy as none of the band members are allowed to be directly hit by a pinball according to the license. Instead Gene will talk to the player through various points in the game and encourage you to buy their recent album on iTunes.

Just joking, haha. The game looks pretty cool so far.

#184 8 years ago

Wow. I used to be really into KISS. Unbelievable concert. Could be a cool pin. Like the hand drawn art and custom call out info.

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from huo:

if you counted after market parts to give a pro what the prem/le has, plus features you cant get in a pro. The value is there at least in the premiums. Sometimes in the LEs the extra grand is unjustifiable.

That's an impossible statement. The only value the add-ons have is completely perceptual, and most of the time they aren't available in any other way, which is how Stern wants it, so they can be the ones to upcharge you for an add-on.

That's why Stern gets you to pay $2k for ~$2-300 of materials. It's content AND context. You could get a drop target on another game, but to have a drop target on a particular game you have to pay a particular price. Drop targets and brackets and bash toys and solenoids are in the sub hundred dollar range, not the sub thousands. The value is completely subjective.

Me personally? Pro all the way. It's basically like having a "buy 2 get one free" frequent shopper card for every Stern pinball machine made. I mean, even the best premiums/LE's, I'd take an entire TWD machine over a swinging bell/lower playfield/2 banks of drops and a falling hammer/sinking magnet/lifting snake lip. Mechanical action is cool, but if I can get 99% of a machine for <70% of the cost, I will every time.

#186 8 years ago

Pretty great song lineup:

Deuce 10
Detroit Rock City 7
Shout it out Loud 7
Hotter than Hell 8
Calling Dr Love 10
Love Gun 10
Lick It Up 0
I Love it Loud 3
Black Diamond 10
Rock N Roll all Nite 8

So just swap out Lick it Up and I Love it Loud for two of:

I Stole Your Love
Christine Sixteen
Shock Me
God of Thunder

and that will be one hell of a line up!

#187 8 years ago

The Gene head reminds me of the final hole at the Kiss Mini-Golf place in Vegas!

Kisshead.jpegKisshead.jpeg
#188 8 years ago

These chicks already pre-ordered

#189 8 years ago

Shifting and swaying through the crap on this thread trying to find out what the features are.

What the hell is the clear box above the pops? Does Gene's head move up and down? Is it a Cannon?
It looks like some kind of ball lock behind Gene's head.

#190 8 years ago

Theme does nothing for me but the layout looks like a lot of fun.

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Deuce 10
Detroit Rock City 7
Shout it out Loud 7
Hotter than Hell 8
Calling Dr Love 10
Love Gun 10
Lick It Up 0
I Love it Loud 3
Black Diamond 10
Rock N Roll all Nite 8
I Stole Your Love
Christine Sixteen
Shock Me
God of Thunder

I don't think anybody will be able to swap songs with the new Spike system.

#192 8 years ago

I want the French LE version. It has a working tongue.

#193 8 years ago

Similar multi ball start to that of of ij4?

#194 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Where there's a will, there's a kill.

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I was just going to ask this. I thought Pinball Browser only worked with SAM on the Stern games.

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Who is the designer?

Borg

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Deuce 10
Detroit Rock City 7
Shout it out Loud 7
Hotter than Hell 8
Calling Dr Love 10
Love Gun 10
Lick It Up 0
I Love it Loud 3
Black Diamond 10
Rock N Roll all Nite 8
I Stole Your Love
Christine Sixteen
Shock Me
God of Thunder

Great pinball music! Feel the same way about AC/DC.

I really hope the song choice plays a role in the rules like they do with AC/DC. That's probably my biggest gripe with Metallica.

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

The more I think about it, the more I'm happy Stern announced via IGN like they did. That's excellent coverage for gamers who are still working with Pinball Arcade as their only source of pinball. It also reminds people that they are still making new pinball machines.

Very smart.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 1,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-kiss-kinda-based-on-the-1978-bally-machine/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.